PDA

View Full Version : Changes that Brawl needs.

AgentCelt
04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
- Revenge needs to go. Revenge doesn't belong in this game mode at all. Skilled players are more than capable of winning a 2 v 1 without revenge. Revenge contributes nothing to this game mode besides 1. discouraging people to play as a team. And 2. It just makes the game longer, one player gets revenge and then we all have to wait and watch two people stand still so his revenge can run out and the fight can continue. Revenge belongs in game modes that allow gear stats, nowhere else.

- Teammates need to spawn next to each other. The current way of spawning in Brawl encourages these pro Duel players to come to Brawl and play 1 v 1s instead of 2 v 2. The Brawl maps are even made much bigger than they need to be because of this, I shouldn't be spawned across the map from my teammate. We should spawn next to each other to encourage more people to play 2 v 2.

- The game mode should be best 4/7 rather than best 3/5. The matches tend to be quicker when the game mode is played as a 2 v 2 and that's not a bad thing because it's supposed to be more fast paced than a Duel. But the number of rounds in a game needs to be increased to match this fast pace. Also I imagine the potential of having 7 rounds would scare off some of the Duelers because who wants 7 rounds of 2 1 v 1s would get boring as ****.

That;s all I can think of so far. If anyone else knows any ideas to make Brawl cater more towards 2 v 2, post and I'll add to the list.
Just a reminder to all the brawlers that play 1v1s, there's a game mode called Duel. Try it some time.

UbiNoty
04-21-2017, 12:35 AM
I think you've brought up a few interesting things for us to think about with the spawn and the number of matches. I'll bring it over to the team and hopefully we see more good suggestions for how we can improve brawl :D

AgentCelt
04-21-2017, 01:47 AM
I think you've brought up a few interesting things for us to think about with the spawn and the number of matches. I'll bring it over to the team and hopefully we see more good suggestions for how we can improve brawl :D

Tag team executions. Boom. Thank me later.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 03:31 AM
I like your ideas and I certainly like the forest map where we all spawn together, I would like more like that. I have been pretty lukewarm on this suggestion before but it might make everyone happy if there was a separate 2x(1v1) mode using the entire brawl map. I personally would never play it (other than maybe once to say I have, I am ocd and dislike missing only one of something), thematically it doesn't make sense to me, but if it keeps all the just want duel types out of brawl with the expectation that they then cannot complain about 2v2 in the mode it is meant for, then that is working for both crowds.

---edit---

In before that is what duel is for, I have said that, numerous times, but a, this seems to be something that is not going to go away which screws over both crowds and b, I do agree that the duel maps, some of them are just horrible, especially those that four out of five rounds you're one missed cgb away from a pit like the tower ruin map.

AgentCelt
04-21-2017, 03:38 AM
I like your ideas and I certainly like the forest map where we all spawn together, I would like more like that. I have been pretty lukewarm on this suggestion before but it might make everyone happy if there was a separate 2x(1v1) mode using the entire brawl map. I personally would never play it (other than maybe once to say I have, I am ocd and dislike missing only one of something), thematically it doesn't make sense to me, but if it keeps all the just want duel types out of brawl with the expectation that they then cannot complain about 2v2 in the mode it is meant for, then that is working for both crowds.

The forest map is so great for brawl. Spawn together + a square ring big enough for 4 heroes to fight in. That's why I mentioned making brawl best 4/7 because 2v2s are so much fun, but they tend to be over pretty quick.

I honestly don't see the point in having 2 different brawl game modes, I understand so it makes everyone happy, but nobody has given a legitimate reason why can't these players just play duel? If they have so much fun with 1v1s why not just play duel? It baffles me how this is even still a debate on the forums sometimes.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 03:41 AM
The forest map is so great for brawl. Spawn together + a square ring big enough for 4 heroes to fight in. That's why I mentioned making brawl best 4/7 because 2v2s are so much fun, but they tend to be over pretty quick.

I honestly don't see the point in having 2 different brawl game modes, I understand so it makes everyone happy, but nobody has given a legitimate reason why can't these players just play duel? If they have so much fun with 1v1s why not just play duel? It baffles me how this is even still a debate on the forums sometimes.

Yeah I added an edit to address that some after you started replying going by the quote. Me, I like duel, I will duel as much as I will brawl and 4v4, at the same time there are some maps, like the tower ruin, that are just horrible to duel on, where most of the rotations, four out of five rounds you are over a pit or on a bridge, if I get that a few times I tend to go play another mode.

AgentCelt
04-21-2017, 03:52 AM
Yeah I added an edit to address that some after you started replying going by the quote. Me, I like duel, I will duel as much as I will brawl and 4v4, at the same time there are some maps, like the tower ruin, that are just horrible to duel on, where most of the rotations, four out of five rounds you are over a pit or on a bridge, if I get that a few times I tend to go play another mode.

I agree, the duel maps are definitely an issue that could do with some changes. People just want a fair fight without needing to worry about one hit kills via environment. Would be better if every map had one spot where every round was fought by, instead of rotating between different spots.

CandleInTheDark
04-21-2017, 03:56 AM
I do think a lot of the problem would go away if the duel maps weren't like that, made bigger a little(not too big, people will run) and with less instant death zones. I am not someone who wants to force 1v1 in brawl,I like the chaos and if I want 1v1, I duel, but that is the one single argument I very much get.