PDA

View Full Version : spawn killing shouldnt be a thing ubi.

vgrimr_J
04-20-2017, 05:29 PM
today i played agains a full team and all they did is spawn rape us. this shouldnt be allowed at all.

primetimenole27
04-20-2017, 07:12 PM
I agree with you, It's annoying but its not as bad as some games. At least if one person on your team can escape the gankfest and capture an objective it will throw that strategy off.

Hillbill79
04-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Or they implement a safe zone... Enemy cant come within however many yards... that way you can sit and wait for your team to either draw them away or respawn beside you...

cragar212
04-20-2017, 09:00 PM
On high fort and river fort they can ledge kill you before you spawn in.

Takes like 40s for camping to start in vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxAqtRZWNk

kweassa1917
04-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Or they implement a safe zone... Enemy cant come within however many yards... that way you can sit and wait for your team to either draw them away or respawn beside you...

It would require a no 'spawn zone' when breaking tho', lest you'd be just able to sit at spawn zone to avoid being killed forever.

UbiNoty
04-21-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry for the trauma you had to suffer through.
I think we are looking at our maps and seeing what tweaks need to be made to address certain problems, so I'll definitely be bringing this over to the team!

vgrimr_J
04-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Thanks.

Dark.Knights
04-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Some people go to our spawn base to kill our soldier, so the "B" zone always capture by their soldier. Is this part of the game design?

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Some people go to our spawn base to kill our soldier, so the "B" zone always capture by their soldier. Is this part of the game design?

That's different from spawnzone killing players.

escacleo
04-21-2017, 11:50 AM
A small ledge you have to jump down/invisible wall at your spawn that the enemy cannot get to would fix that problem. A executed death for prolonged staying in that zone would solve the AFK in circles and what is shown in the videos. Basically the game would say spawn and get out or you'll die. multiple deaths in the zone and you get booted from the game as AFK.

Dark.Knights
04-21-2017, 12:11 PM
That's different from spawnzone killing players.
I just want to know is this a cheating?

bzorkic81
04-21-2017, 01:28 PM
On high fort and river fort they can ledge kill you before you spawn in.

Takes like 40s for camping to start in vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxAqtRZWNk

Omg, that is amazing. I'm going home today and doing this every time I'm on this map. (And I'm gonna keep voting for it)

I mean if you design something this badly, I can't help but to abuse it and show it to more people. Maybe they'll start doing it too when they're salty enough. I'm legitimately excited for this.

Dayashten everyone down that cliff all game long. Lol!

kweassa1917
04-21-2017, 01:37 PM
I just want to know is this a cheating?

Why'd that be cheating?

To do so, you're basically removed from any of the 3 zones in Dom. You plant yourself very close to the enemy player spawn and more than likely to be overwhelmed without doing much good, you're too far from anywhere to receive help or go to help anyone -- which means perpetual -1 player everywhere for your team.

The only times where doing this is real pain for the opponents is when the guy at the mob spawn is really, really good and outgears everyone else... and at the same time, the oppnents are too dumb to just swing around and take other nodes, and just go to engage him 1 person at a time and get killed 1 person at a time.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Not saying Spawn Killing is okay, but if you are being spawn killed you have made some SERIOUS mistakes as a team overall to let that happen.

So not all the blame lies with the enemy team.

bzorkic81
04-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Not saying Spawn Killing is okay, but if you are being spawn killed you have made some SERIOUS mistakes as a team overall to let that happen.

So not all the blame lies with the enemy team.

When you can be ledge killed before having the opportunity to fight or run, thats a game design issue.

On other maps, I agree.

Don't worry, I'll do my part to raise awareness today! :)