PDA

View Full Version : First V2 Rocket attack 60yrs ago today



EDtheHead6445
09-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Title says it all.
Have a look at the BBC News report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3634212.stm#map)
Its quite interesting.

EDtheHead6445
09-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Title says it all.
Have a look at the BBC News report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3634212.stm#map)
Its quite interesting.

Dunkelgrun
09-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Don't if it was this one, but my mother told me that she heard one of the first ones to hit London. No warning - just a big bang in the distance. They didn't know what it was and thought that somebody's gas oven had exploded.

Cheers!

http://www.uploadit.org/igmusapa/tft2.jpg
www.nightbomber.com (http://www.nightbomber.com)

Dunkelgrun aka 242Sqn_Cat

eddie_slovik
09-08-2004, 11:47 AM
my mum was showered with debris after one took out woolies in new cross sarf lunnon.

h009291
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eddie_slovik:
my mum was showered with debris after one took out woolies in new cross sarf lunnon.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

http://www.medals.org.uk/united-kingdom/images/uk654.jpg

Huckebein_UK
09-08-2004, 12:08 PM
'Woolies' = Woolworths
'New Cross' = a place in...
'Sarf Lunnon' = South London. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner...'

--------------
Huckebein_UK

"I saw the men; I just couldn't do it!" -- Franz Stiegler after escorting Charles Brown's crippled B-17 across the North Sea.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/Huck/Sigs/14471.jpg (http://www.il2skins.com/?action=display&skinid=13937)
Click pic for this skin and more besides. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dunkelgrun
09-08-2004, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:
Don't if it was this one, but my mother told me that she heard one of the first ones to hit London. No warning - just a big bang in the distance. They didn't know what it was and thought that somebody's gas oven had exploded.

Cheers!


http://www.uploadit.org/igmusapa/tft2.jpg
http://www.nightbomber.com

Dunkelgrun aka 242Sqn_Cat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


This is the one my Mum heard:

'On September 10, 1944 the first V2 to fall in Kent, landed at FieldCrouch Farm, Crockenhill, near Swanley. There were no casualties or damage, but thousands of apples were brought down and it was all hands on deck to retrieve them before they went rotten.'



http://www.uploadit.org/igmusapa/tft2.jpg
www.nightbomber.com (http://www.nightbomber.com)

Dunkelgrun aka 242Sqn_Cat

fherathras
09-08-2004, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Huckebein_UK:
'Woolies' = Woolworths
'New Cross' = a place in...
'Sarf Lunnon' = South London. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

QUOTE]



aaah... English, english. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif