PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to dodge Valk's sweep as Nobushi?

RunnerRunner22
04-20-2017, 04:39 AM
So I played a couple of matches against Valks. I consciously tried to dodge her sweeps after being hit by 2 lights. I couldn't. It seems that I am still in the recovery animation of the second light attack when the sweep hits me. I know everybody says that the sweep can be dodged. However, I can only dodge it if she whiffs her attacks or after the bash (I'm actually not entirely sure about the latter).

I try to dodge towards the sweep when it starts. What am I doing wrong? Is it really possible to dodge it? Can someone provide a video where a Nobushi actually dodges the sweep after being hit by 2 lights?

Oakleaf__Ranger
04-20-2017, 04:55 AM
its possible, but its not something I can do consistently. However I think it depends on how fast the Valkyrie can do the combo on whether or not you have time to dodge the sweep as nobushi assuming you are even able to match timing as well. So those who cant do it smoothly are the ones where you have the time but not against those know how to do it without delay.

MasterChiefPON
04-20-2017, 04:57 AM
I can confirm you that you can dodge the sweep after shield bash, or if she misses her attacks just to do the sweep. (Sometimes you don't expect it, but it's not hard to dodge it)
If she connects her lights I'm pretty sure you can't dodge the sweep beacuse of the recovery after taking the hit before the sweep.

Oakleaf__Ranger
04-20-2017, 05:34 AM
yah I don't I have ever dodged the sweep after eating the lights. but its definitely easier if she tries to follow it up after the shield bash.

kweassa1917
04-20-2017, 05:35 AM
It is possible, but for some strange reason Nobushi dodges are somewhat less capable than most.

In 1.04, despite the known counter to the heavy-shieldbash-heavy-shieldbash "infini-combo" from Conqs being a simple dodge, around half the time or more it just wouldn't work with a Nobushi --especially if the combo was initiated from a very close distance.

Generally, compared to the amount of distance assassins and Samurai classes cover with their side-dodges, Nobushi basically just skips to her side.

Joseph_2017
04-20-2017, 05:48 AM
I see that as a 3 hit combo, she has a swift dodge after a sucessful block.

MasterChiefPON
04-20-2017, 05:56 AM
Well, I have to say I have dodged the sweep after the two lights just once with berserker and I dodged in anticipation, I didn't even knew if she was going for it. I have tried to do it with other characters unsuccesfully, even knowing it was coming. That makes me think that maybe some characters with a bad dodge can't do it or if all characters are supossed to be capable of doing it, then for some of them the time window is so small that it's very very hard to do it. Also I play on console so maybe there could be some kind of delay involved.

Iuslez_
04-20-2017, 08:29 AM
I was training in the "how to play" lvl 3 bot, valk, yesterday, and dodged a few of his sweeps. So it is possible. BUT I remember reading that if you do too many guard switches and fail to block the 2nd light, you are then unable to dodge the sweep.

Also, as nobushi, I'd say hidden stance is a good option too vs the sweep.

PS: there you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/66e0yj/you_can_dodge_valkyries_sweep_right/ with the guard switch "bug". They recommend not trying to guard-match the 2nd light, eat it, and then dodge the sweep.

Oupyz
04-20-2017, 11:41 AM
u can dodge the sweep , but if u got hit from the second light , u cannot due to recovery

which is very sad ,

i do think Nuboshi needs heavy monitoring , with her slow guarstance slow recovery , i do believe and think she is next to raiders when it comes to balance , sadly the dev think she is balanced , like they think raider is a pk killer <3

Draghmar
04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
It's not only devs that thinks that way. There are a lot people here that think that too...Nobushi is not broken. It could be tweaked a little bit (like every other class) but that's it.

Oupyz
04-20-2017, 11:57 AM
they need to make her guardstance faster and that's the most glaring issue with her ,i'm not sure how console players are dealing with light spam from character

oh right they don't , they eat the damage

if they don't want to balance her , at least fix her slow guard stance

kweassa1917
04-20-2017, 12:41 PM
I actually wouldn't mind the slower guard switching time, if Hidden Stance activated fluently enough, but as it is, even with slightly buffed activation speed, it only serves as a evasion tool for the most obvious attacks. The reason? Hidden Stance does not cancel guard switching, and always waits until your guard is set to either of the 3 directions.

So in theory, you have Hidden Stance to use as a back-up for your guard -- you see lightning quick light-spam from PK, switch guard around to try and block but damn, too slow, engage Hidden Stance....and it doesn't come out. You were switching you're guard, and your "C" input was done while the guard was shifting.

Hidden Stance should activate like a dodge. It doesn't matter how much you're switching guards -- when you dodge, you dodge. Dodge command takes priority over guard switching. So then, why's Hidden Stance have lower priority than guard switching???

cragar212
04-20-2017, 02:54 PM
The is an easy trick to valk.

If the first light hits don't try parry/block the 2nd light. You can then easily side dodge the sweep into a guaranteed GB. After you do this a couple times the valk will probly stop sweeping ro much

Gemini-Iceland
04-20-2017, 04:50 PM
The is an easy trick to valk.

If the first light hits don't try parry/block the 2nd light. You can then easily side dodge the sweep into a guaranteed GB. After you do this a couple times the valk will probly stop sweeping ro much

Now the game is so defensive that the best tactics are to let them hit you! :)

Oupyz
04-20-2017, 05:51 PM
what if she went into gb instead of the sweep , Cragar212 , this is the whole problem if you dodged first time she will start to go into the guessing game

cragar212
04-20-2017, 06:19 PM
what if she went into gb instead of the sweep , Cragar212 , this is the whole problem if you dodged first time she will start to go into the guessing game

It's only a 50/50 if 2nd light hits after you try block/parry. If it doesn't it's reactable on all characters no guess required.

RunnerRunner22
04-20-2017, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your replies! This is quite stupid. You really shouldn't have to let her hit you to be able to dodge the sweep. If she doesn't go for the sweep, you just gave her a free light. Also I think I am not able NOT to try to block. Too much conditioning...