PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubisoft (Patch 1.05)

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 08:22 PM
While the PC master race are no doubt used to all the changes and have moved on, I've just had my first match in 1.05 For Honor on console, and I just wanted to say thank you, for going in the right direction and for listening.

I remember suggesting a dozen times to remove the Player / AI distinction with Orders, and to see it happen is great. Todays Daily Orders are to complete 3 matches of any type, and to complete 3 Brawl matches with any hero. I completed 1 Brawl match vs AI and that added 1 to the completion of each Order. No more toxic Brawl community Wow! Spamming me for wanting a real brawl ;)

Daily Orders are now an efficient and enjoyable way to gain around 1000 Steel per day, thanks to this change and the increased Steel gains you implemented a while back.

People give you a hard time for various reasons and I'm not saying there are no issues or problems, but I have rarely felt as listened to as I do in the case of For Honor. I can't remember the last time I logged into a game and saw it change in exactly the way that the players were asking for it to change. Not just with Orders, but with the Revenge nerf also in this patch.

So yeah, thank you* :)

*I haven't played my Peacekeeper yet since the Sidestep Strike nerf that is also in this patch, so I may be back later to edit all of this and change it to how much I hate you. Cheers ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 08:32 PM
I've only really had time to have a couple practice rounds against the poor level 1 raider today, sidestep strke you only really get much benefit if you also add the light follow up,you can still get an execution off it if they aren't at full regen in critical stage but you want to keep them bleeding. Deflect boost does make some difference,actually killed the poor raider with just those on one life, just getting the timing right on console..

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 08:34 PM
I've only really had time to have a couple practice rounds against the poor level 1 raider today, sidestep dodge you only really get much benefit if you also add the light follow up,you can still get an execution off it if they aren't at full regen in critical stage but you want to keep them bleeding. Deflect boost does make some difference,actually killed the poor raider with just those on one life, just getting the timing right on console..

Sidestep is my bread and butter, you are worrying me now. Do I have to become a light spammer? ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Sidestep is my bread and butter, you are worrying me now. Do I have to become a light spammer? ;)

It's mine as well. Eh it is still feasible to get damage I think, I tend to do deep gouge as a matter of course in any case, will take a few more if that is the only damage you do. I think it won't push anyone to spam who deliberately set out to avoid it before but it doesn't help those on the edge of that either.

thornh
04-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have to assume that AI PKs receive the same nerfs? Level 3 AI PKs are pretty damn annoying.

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 08:45 PM
I would assume so. When I did a best of 99 I always thought she was taunting me, she'd use the emote where she would knock herself on the head as if saying pfft you did nothing.

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have to assume that AI PKs receive the same nerfs? Level 3 AI PKs are pretty damn annoying.

Level 3 AI anything are pretty damn annoying ;)

SendRickPics
04-19-2017, 10:18 PM
To summarize:

Lawbringer was overbuffed
PK was overnerfed
4v4's are a gang-bang cuckfest.

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 10:20 PM
To summarize:

PK was overnerfed

I just finished a 4 vs 4 with a 7-1 Kill / Death on a Peacekeeper. I think that instantly refutes 2 of your points. If only one of the enemy had been a Lawbringer I could have destroyed all 3 of them in a single match ;)

SendRickPics
04-19-2017, 10:29 PM
I just finished a 4 vs 4 with a 7-1 Kill / Death on a Peacekeeper. I think that instantly refutes 2 of your points. If only one of the enemy had been a Lawbringer I could have destroyed all 3 of them in a single match ;)

Anecdotal evidence means nothing.

For instance, I got gang banged and grapple*****d by some Orochi Weeb cucks without being able to put up so much as a single bit of fight in spite of their numerous mistakes. I couldn't put enough hurt on them. I generally have 3.0-4.0 K/D and a 76% win rate.

I'd also wager we're roughly within the same skill tier. Meaning that what I am saying refutes your points and reinforces my own. See how anecdotal evidence is useless?

Gray360UK
04-19-2017, 10:47 PM

For instance, I got gang banged and grapple*****d by some Orochi Weeb cucks without being able to put up so much as a single bit of fight in spite of their numerous mistakes. I couldn't put enough hurt on them. I generally have 3.0-4.0 K/D and a 76% win rate.

I'd also wager we're roughly within the same skill tier. Meaning that what I am saying refutes your points and reinforces my own. See how anecdotal evidence is useless?

You can't reinforce your own point with your own point :rolleyes:

I know one match is not enough evidence. I just finished my second match with an 8-1 K/D though, and used Revenge to turn the tables on attackers 3 different times. So that's two. How many do I have to play for it to be stastiscally significant? ;)

Anecdotal evidence is all I have I'm afraid. I will say if you're getting your arse kicked and I'm not, maybe you should reconsider the same skill tier part though. I am Godlike The game just told me so :p

All I'm saying is I'm still having fun and piling up the corpses.

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 10:53 PM
'The Best' needs a nerf, caused a lawbro, recently buffed, to ragequit against my poor nerfed pk ;)

Felis_Menari
04-19-2017, 10:53 PM
To summarize:

PK was overnerfed

Lawbringer isn't much different at high level play at the moment, since his ability to open up turtles has not been improved (buggy Shove>light aside). There may be a case for your argument with patch 1.6 though. 1.6 will make Shove>light unblockable, turning the Shove into a potential 50/50 situation.

UbiNoty
04-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Thanks Gray! We really do listen to what you all in the community have to say, and we really do want to improve For Honor to be better than it is.
We see lots of different opinions and thoughts about what changes should be made to the game each day. Some of it agrees with each other, and many don't, so we want to be careful with how we go about implementing changes and improvements - which is why sometimes the changes can take time, and I get that the wait can be frustrating.
But I'd like to say again that we really, truly appreciate all of your passion and love for For Honor and we hope that our recent additions of the weekly livestream + letter will add a level of transparency and communication to our development process that will allow you all some more insight into our thoughts as we take in feedback and plan for updates. We have another big patch coming soon and we're hoping to address many of the stability issues with 1.06. Look forward to it! :D

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 01:55 AM
Quick question, I thought after the patch orders could be done against AI or against humans. I still see AI orders though, can anyone explain this?

Gray360UK
04-20-2017, 02:12 AM
Quick question, I thought after the patch orders could be done against AI or against humans. I still see AI orders though, can anyone explain this?

I still have yesterdays Orders, ones from the day before the patch. They don't expire for another 8 hours. Is that what you are seeing?
Both of my new Daily Orders from today are AI or PvP and there is a brand new icon on them to indicate this.
We didn't get any new Contract Orders today though, they are still the ones from Tuesday.
Hope that helps :)

The_B0G_
04-20-2017, 03:56 AM
I still have yesterdays Orders, ones from the day before the patch. They don't expire for another 8 hours. Is that what you are seeing?
Both of my new Daily Orders from today are AI or PvP and there is a brand new icon on them to indicate this.
We didn't get any new Contract Orders today though, they are still the ones from Tuesday.
Hope that helps :)

Oh ok, maybe that's it. Thanks.

Alustar.
04-20-2017, 04:12 AM

I about died reading this! Just. Lol

And then the expected salty reply. Dude people have bad matches.
Also it want even really an anecdote at all. It was a simple mater of fact statement.
As to the 4v4, that's group mechanics. Don't blame anyone else but those involved in the group for losing.

Alustar.
04-20-2017, 04:15 AM
'The Best' needs a nerf, caused a lawbro, recently buffed, to ragequit against my poor nerfed pk ;)

The only nerf for that would be an entire rework of her build. She was specifically designed that emote.