PDA

View Full Version : LB Vs Valk

The_B0G_
04-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Is it just me or is it near impossible to deal with Valk spam as a LB? She knocks me down and hits me once on the ground and I get up and don't even have enough time to switch guards to block the second hit, then its back to the sweep which I don't seem to have enough time to dodge it either, rinse repeat, over and over until I'm dead.

Any one else having this problem? Any suggestions?

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-19-2017, 06:23 PM
Is it just me or is it near impossible to deal with Valk spam as a LB? She knocks me down and hits me once on the ground and I get up and don't even have enough time to switch guards to block the second hit, then its back to the sweep which I don't seem to have enough time to dodge it either, rinse repeat, over and over until I'm dead.

Any one else having this problem? Any suggestions?

I parry her all the time. but I will admit when she gets the second light in, It feels like the spear sweep is undodgeable. Could just be me though.

JohnWick87
04-19-2017, 06:26 PM
You are not alone. Its very hard. But on those attacks / Spearsweep Shieldbash shoulderbash. Allways dodge backwards ! And only if you dont stand face to face close

The_B0G_
04-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Yeah I noticed that without parrying that very first attack you're pretty much screwed.

cragar212
04-19-2017, 06:56 PM
If you can't parry consistantly there is a method.

Basically if you get hit with first light just let the second light hit you and don't try block/parry. This will guarantee you an easy side dodge (dodges Iframes allow you to pass through the sweep) you then get a free GB on the valk. She can also heavy or gb instead of sweep but if you didn't try block it's all reactable.

There was a post about this on the competitive reddit debating if it was a bug that the 2nd light landing enters all characters into a 50/50. Seems with LB even if you guess right the timing is very very finite.

The_B0G_
04-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Hrmm, I'll try just letting the second hit me then dodge, that sounds like it might work.

Felis_Menari
04-19-2017, 08:48 PM
I parry her all the time. but I will admit when she gets the second light in, It feels like the spear sweep is undodgeable. Could just be me though.

It's not just you. While other characters can dodge the sweep due to the distance they cover (assassins), it seems the only way to dodge the sweep as a LB is to use the invincibility frames of the dodge, but it always feels like the sweep hits before you get the chance to try.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-19-2017, 08:58 PM
It's not just you. While other characters can dodge the sweep due to the distance they cover (assassins), it seems the only way to dodge the sweep as a LB is to use the invincibility frames of the dodge, but it always feels like the sweep hits before you get the chance to try.

Yeah, I use the I-frames when she whiffs her 2 lights on purpose, but I can never do that when I get hit by the second light.