PDA

View Full Version : A reminder of important happenings in MD, since AC Syndicate **SPOILERS**

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2017, 10:47 AM
With the next game approaching more and more of the market, I feel like it's time I make a summary of what happened important in the md since the beginning of syndicate up until now, because, let's face it thanks to the titan comics, the movie, some novel and syndicate itself, even with the lake of a new game in 2016, there has still been a ton of things happening.

Of course some of the readers might not have learn about any/some of these spoilers, since I know pretty well, not everyone have readed watched or played all these things. As such, I will put all these spoilers into different spoiler tag, so you won't have to read the spoilers that you don't want to, while still being able to read about the ones you want. These spoiler tags will be identified by the name of their source written just above.

Thruth is these spoiler tags are your last warnings. Do remember that it's your last chance to turn away from all those massive story spoilers. You have been warned. Prepare to see everything important you might have missed that happened into these different titles.

Assassin's creed syndicate.

Here we learned 5 important things.

#1 the Templars have got a shroud or eden, which even if it can't bring the dead back to life, can repair any damage a body could have suffered, while mean, they are able to control an isu body, from practically nothing.

#2 after ubisoft told us that Clay, saying Desmond had a son was just him being crazy, we actually learned that Desmond truely had a son. At the same time, we also learned he is a sage.

#3 we learned that the Initiates, are no longer working for the Assassins, for at least quite a while.

#4 Violet da Costa is an instrument of the first will.

#5 Alvaro Gramatica, a high ranking Templar, is now the number 1 target of every Assassins.

Assassin's creed titan comics Templars.

if there is 1 thing to know about what happened in that md, I'd say, it's that Otso Berg, is now a "black cross", which is a title that, inside the Templar order, kind of symbolis being, "the one who watch the watcher". If you prefer, it's like if big brother would be watched by another big brother, who focus way more one the first, then on what the first focus.

Assassin's creed titan comics Assassins.

first of all, it seems that ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoevJ9RWtS8&t=4s

That person is Charlotte de la Cruz. She as been trained by Galina Voronina and she have a special eagle vision that let her see trough walls.

At some point, she tried to contact Erudito. They are a group of hacker that have sometimes caused trouble to Abstergo and at the point where they just want to destroy Erudito ans cease any occasion that would let them do so.

As for Erudito, they are actually venerating Consus, an Isu member who createe the shrouds of eden. Plus, Charlotte's grandmother is actually one of the leaders of Erudito.

And so, if I remember correctly, after a while, Charlotte convince Erudito to help the Assassins.

Assassin's creed the last descendant.

in overall, not much happenned when comparing to the Assassins titan comics, but somethings quite important were still revealed.

First the heroes are searching for an all new piece of eden, which was never mentionned before. The trident of eden. The trident have a couple of similar power which can all be resumed in 2 words, control everyone.

Needless to say that such a tool could be much useful for the Templars, not to mention Juno herself.

Also we learned that Rebecca Crane isn't wounded anymore from from da Costa's shot in syndicate.

Finally, Shaun Hastings, after the events of the movie, as been going to the Abstergo facility where Callum Lynch, another ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoevJ9RWtS8&t=4s

Have been taken captive. Why, you ask? To get blueprints of at least 1 new model of animus, that is the one used in that same movie.

The Assassin's creed movie.

that movie introduce us to an all new protagonist, by the name of Callum Lynch, an ex-prisonner which Allan Rickin and his daugther, tried to use to get an apple of eden. They did succeeded in getting the apple, but then Callum killed Allan and stole the apple, while Rikkin the girl, didn't do anything to stop Callum, even if she knew why he was there (take the apple back and kill Allan). Callum and 2 other Assassins were the only Assassins who survived the Templar Attack. As for Soffia Rikkin, she wasn't killed in the movie.

Assassins creed titan comics Uprising.

so much as already happenned in it, considering the fact that, so far there as only been 2 issues, for as far as I know.

It seems that Desmond's son have been spoted by Charlotte, but with him already having the mind of Aita and not only that. He seemed to think he saw Charlotte sometimes ago.

He was accompanied by a group of some sort of renegade Assassins, using both Assassins weaponry and Templar technology, while still not being Templars, on the contrary of Daniel Cross and Lucy Stillman. As for Otso Berg, he inspected the building, but he didn't know what happenned.

Otso Berg decide to feign not being the black cross. He (and before him, some important Assassins, ) come to see an infromant, which reveal himself to be an instrument of the first will and attack the black cross. Berg escape, but on the other hand, it prooves him what he knew all along, but which Laeticia England refused to admit. The instruments of the first will can't be considered allies of the Templars and act only for the benefits of Juno and the sages.

So, to those who readed, do you think I forgot anything important?

May this thread help those lost among the md lore fing their way up to empire. ^-^

cawatrooper9
04-19-2017, 02:35 PM
I really have to start reading the new comics.

Seems like there is a lot of interesting stuff in there. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I can't help but wonder if this MD multimedia blitz is being done to lay the foundation of an MD storyline that AC is really going to nail this time.

Locopells
04-19-2017, 05:09 PM
You and me both, bud, so much going on in RL, I haven't had much time to catch up...

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2017, 06:07 PM
I really have to start reading the new comics.

Seems like there is a lot of interesting stuff in there. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I can't help but wonder if this MD multimedia blitz is being done to lay the foundation of an MD storyline that AC is really going to nail this time.

You and me both, bud, so much going on in RL, I haven't had much time to catch up...

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

As for me I started to read assassin's creed the last descendant. 1. I haven't finnished it yet, but so far, I like it very much. ^-^

Sorrosyss
04-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Mmm. Bit light on details in some places. Don't forget that the Movie novelization and Heresy added a load of new lore as well.

Uprising will likely lead into just before the next game, and the third Descendants novel is September. It will probably be best to do this kind of MD summary later in the year just before people look to buy the next game. I'll be reading it all, so I'd be prepared to put one together if you prefer. Hell, I might even do a Youtube vid on the lore. People keep asking me to try branching out. :p

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2017, 08:34 PM
Hell, I might even do a Youtube vid on the lore. People keep asking me to try branching out. :p

If you do and I learn about it, you can be sure that I'll be watching it. I remember a certain youtube video someone made about the survellance of acinitiates.com and how well it was made. I still like it very much. If you want to watch it, here. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmiakTRDf6s

Adryn Bliss
04-22-2017, 11:15 PM
This annoys the hell outta me. A cross media universe should have connections to the games but not earth shattering plot points. This is why i'm hoping the next game will be a soft reboot of the lore, as it stands it's just too messy, too spread out.

Also i'd add i'm sure many, myself included, would dearly appreciate a concise accounting of modern day lore, honestly i'm half irritated because i thought i knew, if not all, the lore then the most salient points and now it seems i actually knew dck all because it's been spread out across so many different forms of media.

ERICATHERINE
04-23-2017, 12:27 AM
This annoys the hell outta me. A cross media universe should have connections to the games but not earth shattering plot points. This is why i'm hoping the next game will be a soft reboot of the lore, as it stands it's just too messy, too spread out.

Also i'd add i'm sure many, myself included, would dearly appreciate a concise accounting of modern day lore, honestly i'm half irritated because i thought i knew, if not all, the lore then the most salient points and now it seems i actually knew dck all because it's been spread out across so many different forms of media.

That's your opinion and I know you're not alone to think that way, but thing is there is also many people who enjoy that kind of stuff. In the time where acinitiates.com wasn't killed by ubisoft yet, I remember that every user I saw speaking on the forum of the database part of the site (which is where all the lore of the video above and tons of other lore come from) were always wanting to know what would happen next in the md, in the database. Each day, many of us came to see if there was a new entry.

At the same time if that kind of transmedia wouldn't be that much apreciated, I don't see why ubisoft would bother doing more of it. Look at the last descendant for exemple. They didn't stop with just doing the first novel. They also did another one AND a comic about that story. ^-^

Adryn Bliss
04-23-2017, 06:14 AM
That's your opinion and I know you're not alone to think that way, but thing is there is also many people who enjoy that kind of stuff. In the time where acinitiates.com wasn't killed by ubisoft yet, I remember that every user I saw speaking on the forum of the database part of the site (which is where all the lore of the video above and tons of other lore come from) were always wanting to know what would happen next in the md, in the database. Each day, many of us came to see if there was a new entry.

At the same time if that kind of transmedia wouldn't be that much apreciated, I don't see why ubisoft would bother doing more of it. Look at the last descendant for exemple. They didn't stop with just doing the first novel. They also did another one AND a comic about that story. ^-^

I'm not saying don't do transmedia, transmedia is awesome, love the concept, but look at the phoenix project plot line, threaded through out multiple games, pretty much the entire point of the framing story, first civ genome, the templars get this and it's game over, MASSIVE ramifications, huge plot point, where'd it conclude? in the comics, completely ridiculous.
I've played every game to 100 percent absolutly god damn adore the series and the modern day stuff and it wasn't until maybe 24 hours ago i learned this crazy crap about desmond having a kid and what the heck the kid is a sage, i mean this is freaking massive and there is a huge chunk of the fan base that must have no clue about any of it.

KevinMurphy
04-23-2017, 07:10 AM
I'm not saying don't do transmedia, transmedia is awesome, love the concept, but look at the phoenix project plot line, threaded through out multiple games, pretty much the entire point of the framing story, first civ genome, the templars get this and it's game over, MASSIVE ramifications, huge plot point, where'd it conclude? in the comics, completely ridiculous.
I've played every game to 100 percent absolutly god damn adore the series and the modern day stuff and it wasn't until maybe 24 hours ago i learned this crazy crap about desmond having a kid and what the heck the kid is a sage, i mean this is freaking massive and there is a huge chunk of the fan base that must have no clue about any of it.

The existance of Desmond's son and the fact he is a Sage were both revealed in Syndicate, not in the comics. Also, Ubisoft markets the comics on all their social media, so there's no excuse for being unaware of their existance. And they're pretty cheap compared to the games. If you play AC mostly for the gameplay, then I can understand. But if you play it for the lore, because you love the series, you really should just read the dang comics. I'm not even a big comic fan, in fact the AC comics are the only ones I've read. But they are seriously worth it.

joshoolhorst
04-23-2017, 02:32 PM
The existance of Desmond's son and the fact he is a Sage were both revealed in Syndicate, not in the comics. Also, Ubisoft markets the comics on all their social media, so there's no excuse for being unaware of their existance. And they're pretty cheap compared to the games. If you play AC mostly for the gameplay, then I can understand. But if you play it for the lore, because you love the series, you really should just read the dang comics. I'm not even a big comic fan, in fact the AC comics are the only ones I've read. But they are seriously worth it.

I understand what you are saying both most people just don't care much about the side media of the games there is only a small % who buys that.
Hell I think it was a mistake to make the comics also focus on the hole Juno thing.

ERICATHERINE
04-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Well as long as they don't kill Juno or a important Templar character or even a sage (looking at you ac movie. Though I liked the movie, I would have prefered killind Allan Rickin myself), I'm fine with it. I'm always eager to know what happenned in the md, between 2 ac games. The only thing I don't want happen in this kind of stuff is that an important character as been killed in it.

And yes, thruth is, we learned that Desmond had a son and that that son was a sage in syndicate. In the Assassin's intel section of the database of the game actually. It's getting unlocked as an intel, as the last audio file, once we collect all the helix glitches (though, if I remember correctly we don't need to get absolutely ALL of them to unlock every single Assassin intel. Just the big majority of them). ^-^

Edit. If you want to know about it, I put the audio file in this spoiler tag, along with the rest of the Assassin intel of both syndicate and the Jack the ripper dlc. ^-^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGIAwsBgqKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwWZICVPRqk

Adryn Bliss
04-24-2017, 12:46 AM

wut? they hell have i missed then because i've completed syndicate to 100 percent completion 4 times, when? how? is it revealed?

ERICATHERINE
04-24-2017, 02:08 AM
wut? they hell have i missed then because i've completed syndicate to 100 percent completion 4 times, when? how? is it revealed?

^

Look the spoiler tag of my last comment, if you want to know. ^-^

Edit. Woops, it seems the person who made the video you seek have erased it.

So to see the answer to your questions, follow these steps.

1. Open the menu.

2. Go in the database.

3. Go in the md section of the database.

4. Go in the Assassin intel file.

Last step. Check the last audio file.

That where Desmond's son is revealed, both as Desmond's son itself and as a sage. ^-^