PDA

View Full Version : Bousefenix exaggerating/salty or I'm missing something ?

Sverrk
04-18-2017, 11:52 PM
So. Bousefenix just released the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtboPbTkr_k expressing his opinion on the Warden and its Shoulderbash. I watched the video, and while I do agree that the Warden needs some nerf, I dont quite feel in line with many of the comments he made, which felt like exaggerations/saltyness. (Which I feel like, since he's an opinion-maker, being the most exponential youtuber about For Honor, shouldnt come into account when making a video. Only pure facts.)

Examples: "30% of us players, that dont main Warden'' -> Last time I checked polls and data, Peacekeeper and Orochi were the 2 most played, with Warden being 3rd no ? Or is now the game infested with Warden ? I play mostly duel/brawls and I get a fair even share of characters to play against. Maybe a little more Orochi than others tho. (Obs: I'm high MMR as far as I know. FHtracker gives me 86% winrate on duels and 80% overall.)

"Warden is so good that any good player using it its all free wins and has no counterplay" -> I've not been checking competitive tournaments the past weeks, but from what I remember, Shugoki was the one dominating the scene, no ? With SypherPK and all that. Warden while top-tier has always seemed, at least to the scene I'm part of, less present or as-present-as Warlord and Peacekeeper. Or I'm tripping ? Because if Bouseefnix's comment is true, that would have to lead into Warden being the flavor of the month and dominating all tournaments. Which I hasnt really been seeing it myself. (Shugoki has as far as i know.)
Am I misssing something ?

Oh yeah. Just to point out: I do think Warden needs a nerf. I think taking away his option to Cancel the shoulderbash is too much, would kill the character completelly. (Since the shoulderbash is way slower than Conq's shield bash already as it is. And that was enough to make Conq trash tier.). IMO the right nerf is the stamina cost. Make it very costly, in order to highly limit how often the Warden can spam it/make it so that rolling away from it isnt just bad stamina-cost for who is rolling/Limit the amount of times that the vortex can go on (As it stands, a Warden can nearly 100% damage someone in one single vortex.) (While pros usually just roll out of it instead of playing th, whee guessing game, when you're out of stamina yo have no choice but to play the guessing game. So yeah)

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 11:56 PM
A salty YouTuber? Naaah, that never happens ... :rolleyes:

David_gorda
04-19-2017, 12:07 AM
So. Bousefenix just released the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtboPbTkr_k expressing his opinion on the Warden and its Shoulderbash. I watched the video, and while I do agree that the Warden needs some nerf, I dont quite feel in line with many of the comments he made, which felt like exaggerations/saltyness. (Which I feel like, since he's an opinion-maker, being the most exponential youtuber about For Honor, shouldnt come into account when making a video. Only pure facts.)

Examples: "30% of us players, that dont main Warden'' -> Last time I checked polls and data, Peacekeeper and Orochi were the 2 most played, with Warden being 3rd no ? Or is now the game infested with Warden ? I play mostly duel/brawls and I get a fair even share of characters to play against. Maybe a little more Orochi than others tho. (Obs: I'm high MMR as far as I know. FHtracker gives me 86% winrate on duels and 80% overall.)

"Warden is so good that any good player using it its all free wins and has no counterplay" -> I've not been checking competitive tournaments the past weeks, but from what I remember, Shugoki was the one dominating the scene, no ? With SypherPK and all that. Warden while top-tier has always seemed, at least to the scene I'm part of, less present or as-present-as Warlord and Peacekeeper. Or I'm tripping ? Because if Bouseefnix's comment is true, that would have to lead into Warden being the flavor of the month and dominating all tournaments. Which I hasnt really been seeing it myself. (Shugoki has as far as i know.)
Am I misssing something ?

Oh yeah. Just to point out: I do think Warden needs a nerf. I think taking away his option to Cancel the shoulderbash is too much, would kill the character completelly. (Since the shoulderbash is way slower than Conq's shield bash already as it is. And that was enough to make Conq trash tier.). IMO the right nerf is the stamina cost. Make it very costly, in order to highly limit how often the Warden can spam it/make it so that rolling away from it isnt just bad stamina-cost for who is rolling/Limit the amount of times that the vortex can go on (As it stands, a Warden can nearly 100% damage someone in one single vortex.) (While pros usually just roll out of it instead of playing th, whee guessing game, when you're out of stamina yo have no choice but to play the guessing game. So yeah) Warden is strong, but peacekeeper, warlord and shugoki is better. Wardens vortex is simple to avoid with Rolling but when Out Of stamina they can really punish you with their 50/50.

cragar212
04-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Well I think before Shug daddy Oni charged his way in wardens had about 8 tourney places.

Vortexs have always been bad in fighting games. 50/50s are ok vortex bad imo.

I think removing the cancel into gb will knock warden into mid tier. The thing is noone knows if they are trying to bring characters to mid tier or top tier. Whole thing is just a mess.

Im curious where Shug will land once charge is nerfed in two weeks?

Just to add I'm guessing increased stam cost and a smaller window in which you can cancel into GB

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 12:17 AM
The thing is noone knows if they are trying to bring characters to mid tier or top tier. Whole thing is just a mess.

That is an interesting question. I know they want to get all of the head to heads into a 45-55% range, to me that implies they only want one tier where the difference is how precisely they go around fighting. Thing is they have a long way to go there and they need to account for the fact that at 'high level' people are going to take what they see as the easiest way hence pk light spam allowing her to stand toe to toe with anyone, warden vortex and shugoki oni charge, suddenly things meant to be on the fringe of a moveset become abused because wow this can take half a lifebar with low risk before I run out of stamina.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-19-2017, 12:18 AM
The shoulder spam is getting ridiculous I will admit.

Remnancy1
04-19-2017, 05:24 AM
Perhaps we should take into account that charge of the oni cheeese is what it took to beat the usual Warden,Warlord,PK's as a hint

JesterSyxe
04-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Warden is even more broken than Shugoki and PK so that says alot. Warden is also the reason I don't play Duels anymore. It is just boring to have these Zero Skill Heroes ruining the Game for everyone else. And Boouse is right with everythign he said.

Besides the Warden there are so many things that are broken in the Game that I doubt that Ubisoft will be able to safe the Game from dying. And I am 100% sure that the New Heroes will make things alot worse. They will be overprowered and Ubisoft will have a hard time balancing them, so everything will start again once the new Heores arrive.

It was a good Game when people had no Idea how to use the Cheese and played just like the Game was supposed to be played. Now it is a ****pile of a Game.