PDA

View Full Version : Would anybody else like to see an extremely short range "Brawler" hero?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm talking like a huge dude using a fist weapon like the classic Roman Cestus

Which is this btw
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestwarrior/images/a/a1/Fighter_5.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20100513163334

It sounds amazing to me, but he would obviously need to have some kind of alternative to Blocking/Parrying like a passive stance or something to make up for the fact he couldn't do it.

Would a character like that if done properly sound like fun to anyone other than me?

EDIT: I just thought of something. If you gave him steel forearm guards he would still be able to block and parry. And in that case he would be an EXCELLENT counter-attacker because the other hand would always be free to land a quick jab.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 10:48 PM
I would like to see it but I kind of see it being too easy, whatever kit is given, for such a brawler to turn into another spam heavy character once people find that is the quickest route to winning.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 10:49 PM
I would like to see it but I kind of see it being too easy, whatever kit is given, for such a brawler to turn into another spam heavy character once people find that is the quickest route to winning.

To be fair that describes like 4 different heroes in the game right now lol

Specialkha
04-18-2017, 10:50 PM
The Centurion has a gladius and a caestus in left hand.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 10:52 PM
The Centurion has a gladius and a caestus in left hand.

Um.......Source on that? Because if that is true that would be amazing.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 10:52 PM
To be fair that describes like 4 different heroes in the game right now lol

And I use the one that gets the most flack for it >.>lol. It would need to have something that lead away from light-light spam as the peacekeeper needs currently.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 10:55 PM
And I use the one that gets the most flack for it >.>lol. It would need to have something that lead away from light-light spam as the peacekeeper needs currently.

In my mind I am thinking the moveset would be akin to a heavyweight boxer. Lots of LHL or HLH sort of combos.

His zone attack could be a spinning backfist!

Specialkha
04-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Same source that leaked the image of ninja and centurion. From reddit I believe.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Um.......Source on that? Because if that is true that would be amazing.

I don't think there are solid sources, someone had someone claiming to have a leak from ubisoft message them out of nowhere and their comments were;

Centurion:
One-handed sword and heavy glove. Abilities are directed toknock the enemy down. An grounded enemy recieves more damage through his attacks. a GB is followed by a three hit combo like the valk.

On the other hand, the ninja was described as having a sickle and chain and to me it looks more like it has two kamas,but no description or picture we have seen, so far as I am aware(could be wrong on the picture) has ever been tagged as official.

There is a thread here that has everything that came from that conversation http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1623141-Leaked-heroes

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 11:01 PM
I don't think there are solid sources, someone had someone claiming to have a leak from ubisoft message them out of nowhere and their comments were;

Centurion:
One-handed sword and heavy glove. Abilities are directed toknock the enemy down. An grounded enemy recieves more damage through his attacks. a GB is followed by a three hit combo like the valk.

On the other hand, the ninja was described as having a sickle and chain and to me it looks more like it has two kamas,but no description or picture we have seen, so far as I am aware(could be wrong on the picture) has ever been tagged as official.

There is a thread here that has everything that came from that conversation http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1623141-Leaked-heroes

If you look at the Ninja picture carefully the Kamas are attached to chains that are wrapped around his forearms.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/For%20Honor%20Ninja.jpg

I really want that to be true though about the Centurian. That is the best of both worlds. One handed sword combat and still get a few brawler type moves and obviously BRUTAL options for execution.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 11:14 PM
If you look at the Ninja picture carefully the Kamas are attached to chains that are wrapped around his forearms.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/For%20Honor%20Ninja.jpg

I really want that to be true though about the Centurian. That is the best of both worlds. One handed sword combat and still get a few brawler type moves and obviously BRUTAL options for execution.

Ah fair point, so could be something like that. The only thing I am wary of in the descriptions given on that thread is they all seem a little overly complex, however that would also fit my theory that the new heroes are hybrid classes filling in the combinations the lawbringer, valkyrie and nobushi don't for their respective factions, so for example, lawbringer is heavy/vanguard I believe, leaving heavy/assassin and vanguard/assassin

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Ah fair point, so could be something like that. The only thing I am wary of in the descriptions given on that thread is they all seem a little overly complex, however that would also fit my theory that the new heroes are hybrid classes filling in the combinations the lawbringer, valkyrie and nobushi don't for their respective factions, so for example, lawbringer is heavy/vanguard I believe, leaving heavy/assassin and vanguard/assassin

Yeah i have said many times that describing the LB as a hybrid is just ridiculous. In sheer weight he clearly outweighs the Conqueror who is a "Heavy" and the conqueror is FASTER than the LB which is another silly thing.

Especially when you consider that the other two "Hybrids" are relatively speedy jerkbags. Meanwhile the LB right now is a lumbering Monolith of a man who has the SLOWEST moves in the game.

I could rant for pages about the LB. Because he is such a great ideo for a character but has gotten screwed in terms of stats and moveset.