PDA

View Full Version : When will something be done about creating swasticas???

package4URmom
04-18-2017, 04:39 PM
It's a very racist thing to crest and is unsettling with how many people create them who are not even German. Also Germans do not like that history of their country but people are very inconsiderate of a whole civilization. There needs to be something done to prohibit these and since your reporting doesn't work what can be done. It's very very offensive. There has to be a way to remove the parts that can be put together to form this symbol of genocide.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Two things.

1. Learn the history of the Svastika.

2. Stop being a baby.

RatedChaotic
04-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Guess you never played ol school Medal of Honor where the whole other team had swastikas above their heads.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Two things.

1. Learn the history of the Svastika.

2. Stop being a baby.

1. The vast majority of people using the Swastika aren't trying to use it to represent their religious beliefs. Secondly, the Nazi Swastika is in fact notably different from the historical non-Nazi one. If you see a Swastika that is immediately apparent as a Nazi symbol, then the odds are strongly in your favor that's exactly what it is.

2. Being bothered by a symbol of hatred and genocide isn't being a baby. It's an appropriate response to a disgusting symbol.

KotoKuraken
04-18-2017, 04:51 PM
There's a difference between Nazi swastika and religious swastika.

Learn the difference, report the Nazi ones, leave the religious ones alone

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 04:52 PM
Wow these soft social justice warriors are taking over everything. You are going to far. This is a damn warrior game u dont like another players emblem or faction then kill his ***.. You are what is wrong with the world nowadays. Soft cvnts

FootlessRhino
04-18-2017, 04:53 PM
It's a very racist thing to crest and is unsettling with how many people create them who are not even German. Also Germans do not like that history of their country but people are very inconsiderate of a whole civilization. There needs to be something done to prohibit these and since your reporting doesn't work what can be done. It's very very offensive. There has to be a way to remove the parts that can be put together to form this symbol of genocide.

I usually just shrug them off. Makes identifying idiots way easier. and if you find it unsettling with how many people are racist, internet is not a place for you my friend.

Alustar.
04-18-2017, 04:57 PM
If I see them on my team I start spamming light hits on them till they leave.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Wow these soft social justice warriors are taking over everything. You are going to far. This is a damn warrior game u dont like another players emblem or faction then kill his ***.. You are what is wrong with the world nowadays. Soft cvnts

When did "Social Justice Warrior" become a bad term? If you break it down, shouldn't we all be striving for more justice? Be it social or otherwise?

What's wrong with the world right now are that there are still Nazis, and they get defended by people who are more interested in slamming the people who don't like them or want them around than they are in slamming the people who are actually advocating atrocious belief systems.

That's an oversimplication, there's a lot of problems with the world today obviously, but people who have a problem with Nazis are not one of them.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 04:59 PM
1. The vast majority of people using the Swastika aren't trying to use it to represent their religious beliefs. Secondly, the Nazi Swastika is in fact notably different from the historical non-Nazi one. If you see a Swastika that is immediately apparent as a Nazi symbol, then the odds are strongly in your favor that's exactly what it is.

2. Being bothered by a symbol of hatred and genocide isn't being a baby. It's an appropriate response to a disgusting symbol.

It's just a symbol. Almost every religious or cultural symbol has been used in the past to promote horrible ideas. You do know real Vikings pillaged, raped and brutally murdered people in the past? Does that mean I can report people for using Norse symbols in the game because of their association with the Vikings?

Alustar.
04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
It's just a symbol. Almost every religious or cultural symbol has been used in the past to promote horrible ideas. You do know real Vikings pillaged, raped and brutally murdered people in the past? Does that mean I can report people for using Norse symbols in the game because of their association with the Vikings?

Except that was never their intended goal. There is a big difference between the pre industrial cultures of antiquity and the more recent groups of people who are historically proven to have supported mass genocide.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 05:04 PM

If you don't know why those two aren't equatable, I don't know how to help you.

No one's saying that everything that could possibly be construed as offensive by any stretch should be done so. But we're talking about a group who's core ideals are evil. Ideals that are still being actively touted by their modern supporters and rallying for the harm and hatred of others. This isn't some thing that happened long ago in their past, people are still alive today who barely escaped their evils, and people are alive today trying to make them happen again to various extents. People are right to be offended as such.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:11 PM
If you don't know why those two aren't equatable, I don't know how to help you.

No one's saying that everything that could possibly be construed as offensive by any stretch should be done so. But we're talking about a group who's core ideals are evil. Ideals that are still being actively touted by their modern supporters and rallying for the harm and hatred of others. This isn't some thing that happened long ago in their past, people are still alive today who barely escaped their evils, and people are alive today trying to make them happen again to various extents. People are right to be offended as such.

My point is, any symbol can be offensive to anyone for any reason. Either let people have whatever they want as an emblem, or get rid of emblems completely. That's the only way to solve this issue.

cragar212
04-18-2017, 05:11 PM
Just kids trying to offend people with it. Should be banned.

Would like to see one of swastika supporters walk into a bar in my neighborhood wearing one. Don' think the it's an ancient religious symbol babble would last to long.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 05:25 PM
My point is, any symbol can be offensive to anyone for any reason. Either let people have whatever they want as an emblem, or get rid of emblems completely. That's the only way to solve this issue.

I got your point, but the thing is that the issue isn't people finding anything offensive, it's specific to this one symbol. Nobody comes on here multiple times a week to complain about any other symbol, so from that alone, you can tell the issue that needs solving is much more narrow than you're making it out to be.

Nobody's calling to remove all possibility of arseholery. But the Nazi Swastika has a very specific, hate-oriented, and violence-provoking ideology behind it. As such, there's an easy way to solve the issue, and it's to make the emblem an actionable offense, or to disable the abiliy to create it.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 05:25 PM
I hate the childish feigned innocence / ignorance of what is wrong with the Nazi symbol (specifically the Nazi one) Spare us the pathetic faux niavety please.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 05:27 PM

Pretty sure no one can be offended by my Mass Effect N7 emblem. Well ... apart from people who didn't like the ending of Mass Effect 3.

Perhaps a Reaper or two might take offence too ... ;)

JohnWick87
04-18-2017, 05:38 PM
Guys. Even if this Symbol has his roots elsewhere then Nazis. The Clear motivation oft most players creating it, is to offend people because its mostly seen as a Nazi symbol. Nobody wants to represent everything with this other than to offend or troll people. Thats it

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:45 PM
I got your point, but the thing is that the issue isn't people finding anything offensive, it's specific to this one symbol. Nobody comes on here multiple times a week to complain about any other symbol, so from that alone, you can tell the issue that needs solving is much more narrow than you're making it out to be.

Nobody's calling to remove all possibility of arseholery. But the Nazi Swastika has a very specific, hate-oriented, and violence-provoking ideology behind it. As such, there's an easy way to solve the issue, and it's to make the emblem an actionable offense, or to disable the abiliy to create it.

I'm sorry but I disagree. I completely understand that the symbol has an evil ideology behind it but I think people should be free to create and use whatever they want as an emblem.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 05:46 PM

Yeah, but the offense taken from a swastika isn't just someone being offended for some arbitrary reason. It's most of the western world. What it once meant is irrelevant--since it was adopted by genocidal fascists it's taken on a whole new meaning. If you're looking for someone to blame, start with Hitler, nazis, white nationalists, etc...

Defending the use of a nazi swastika means you're ignorant or racist. Doesn't matter to me which, it's your right to be either.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:48 PM
Guys. Even if this Symbol has his roots elsewhere then Nazis. The Clear motivation oft most players creating it, is to offend people because its mostly seen as a Nazi symbol. Nobody wants to represent everything with this other than to offend or troll people. Thats it

Exactly. The whole point is to annoy people. And like I said something can be offensive to anyone for any reason. So if you prohibit one symbol, another symbol equally offensive to another group of people will start being used for the same purpose and this whole process starts again. It's a waste of time. Leave the game or ignore it.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm sorry but I disagree. I completely understand that the symbol has an evil ideology behind it but I think people should be free to create and use whatever they want as an emblem.

Ok, Mr. Libertarian with that logic, shouldn't people be free to create a game and prohibit any symbol they want? Because that's exactly what Ubisoft is doing (poorly).

SlashingElbow
When did "Social Justice Warrior" become a bad term? If you break it down, shouldn't we all be striving for more justice? Be it social or otherwise?

What's wrong with the world right now are that there are still Nazis, and they get defended by people who are more interested in slamming the people who don't like them or want them around than they are in slamming the people who are actually advocating atrocious belief systems.

That's an oversimplication, there's a lot of problems with the world today obviously, but people who have a problem with Nazis are not one of them.

You guys are really a problem. Dont get butthurt for everything and dont cry so hard when things dont go your way or you get a trophy for it. YOu are disgusting and have never faced a REAL problem in your life when you cry about a damn emblem in a game lol. SOOOOOOOOFT

AgentCelt
Yeah, but the offense taken from a swastika isn't just someone being offended for some arbitrary reason. It's most of the western world. What it once meant is irrelevant--since it was adopted by genocidal fascists it's taken on a whole new meaning. If you're looking for someone to blame, start with Hitler, nazis, white nationalists, etc...

Defending the use of a nazi swastika means you're ignorant or racist. Doesn't matter to me which, it's your right to be either.

I'm not looking for anybody to blame. I'm just saying I think people should be free to use whatever they want as an emblem. I'm not a racist and since ignorance is subjective I guess I'm ignorant from your perspective. Don't feel bad if I feel the same way about you.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 05:55 PM
You guys are really a problem. Dont get butthurt for everything and dont cry so hard when things dont go your way or you get a trophy for it. YOu are disgusting and have never faced a REAL problem in your life when you cry about a damn emblem in a game lol. SOOOOOOOOFT

Your view that someone having a problem with certain iconography that has a legitimately offensive meaning behind it is just getting "butthurt" and "crying so hard when things don't go (their) way" is a bigger problem than people being willing to speak up in defense of someone else.

The person who seems to be crying the most in this thread is you. The rest of us, even those I'm disagreeing with, are having a legitimate conversation.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:56 PM
Ok, Mr. Libertarian with that logic, shouldn't people be free to create a game and prohibit any symbol they want? Because that's exactly what Ubisoft is doing (poorly).

Ubisoft can do whatever they want. I'm not telling them what to do. When someone says "I think" before making a statement it usually means they're about to give an opinion. I don't care if my opinion is of any worth to Ubisoft, I'm still going to say it.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm not looking for anybody to blame. I'm just saying I think people should be free to use whatever they want as an emblem. I'm not a racist and since ignorance is subjective I guess I'm ignorant from your perspective. Don't feel bad if I feel the same way about you.

All I have to do is consider the source. I'm in no danger of feeling bad about it, lol.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Your view that someone having a problem with certain iconography that has a legitimately offensive meaning behind it is just getting "butthurt" and "crying so hard when things don't go (their) way" is a bigger problem than people being willing to speak up in defense of someone else.

The person who seems to be crying the most in this thread is you. The rest of us, even those I'm disagreeing with, are having a legitimate conversation.

I have a big problem with people like you. You made the world such a soft sissy place to be. Cant draw your ****ty prophet or cant even use a beautifull sun symbol in your emblem in a game anymore in fear of making the soft weak hearted people cry and offended. It sucks.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:59 PM
All I have to do is consider the source. I'm in no danger of feeling bad about it, lol.

Right back at you, lol.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 06:08 PM

Freedom of speech and expression has reasonable limits, namely when they are used to try and restrict another's freedom, or to try and incite violence towards someone. You can't shout "fire" baselessly in a theater because of the realistic possibility that someone might get hurt. You can't hold a rally on the street in support of going and hanging Karl from down the street. The ideology behind the Nazi flag (a living ideology mind you) is based around the subjugation and harm of multiple races, ethnic groups, and cultural groups. To encourage the use of such imagery is to be attempted to incite violence or use of force (in the grander sense) against another person or group. As such it is reasonable to assume it has no right to be protected expression.

The slippery slope argument doesn't really hold water here because of what I've said in previous posts as well. There is a reasoned and clear argument for the offensiveness of the emblem, it's not some nebulous thing. This doesn't open the door for banning anything anyone finds offensive. You could argue that it opens the door for anything that a lot of people find offensive, and have reasonable arguments against, but that's a good thing. That's a community policing itself, determining what it as a whole finds offensive and what it doesn't. Hell, that's a Libertarian ideal.

And I should know, I am a registered libertarian, though I did that back in the days before the party was co-opted by extremists, anarchists, and manipulators.

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 06:13 PM
I have a big problem with people like you. You made the world such a soft sissy place to be. Cant draw your ****ty prophet or cant even use a beautifull sun symbol in your emblem in a game anymore in fear of making the soft weak hearted people cry and offended. It sucks.

You make a lot of assumptions about me for someone who doesn't know me. This doesn't surprise me, and I doubt pointing it out to you is going to stop that. You can have as many problems with me as you want, that's your right, and I support your right to do so.

If you think the world is a soft sissy place to be, it's only because you've clearly never endured real hardship.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 06:15 PM
Freedom of speech and expression has reasonable limits, namely when they are used to try and restrict another's freedom, or to try and incite violence towards someone. You can't shout "fire" baselessly in a theater because of the realistic possibility that someone might get hurt. You can't hold a rally on the street in support of going and hanging Karl from down the street. The ideology behind the Nazi flag (a living ideology mind you) is based around the subjugation and harm of multiple races, ethnic groups, and cultural groups. To encourage the use of such imagery is to be attempted to incite violence or use of force (in the grander sense) against another person or group. As such it is reasonable to assume it has no right to be protected expression.

The slippery slope argument doesn't really hold water here because of what I've said in previous posts as well. There is a reasoned and clear argument for the offensiveness of the emblem, it's not some nebulous thing. This doesn't open the door for banning anything anyone finds offensive. You could argue that it opens the door for anything that a lot of people find offensive, and have reasonable arguments against, but that's a good thing. That's a community policing itself, determining what it as a whole finds offensive and what it doesn't. Hell, that's a Libertarian ideal.

And I should know, I am a registered libertarian, though I did that back in the days before the party was co-opted by extremists, anarchists, and manipulators.
You one of those antifa kids? lol Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Im sure you are one of those cucks that wants to make it illegal to critique the pedo prophet of islam

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 06:16 PM
You make a lot of assumptions about me for someone who doesn't know me. This doesn't surprise me, and I doubt pointing it out to you is going to stop that. You can have as many problems with me as you want, that's your right, and I support your right to do so.

If you think the world is a soft sissy place to be, it's only because you've clearly never endured real hardship.

Never endured real hardship? Haha.. YOu ever had to defend your family with weapons? You ever had to kill someone in selfdefence? Shut the **** up

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:26 PM

I completely understand everything you're saying. I'm not disagreeing with you. I wouldn't be bothered at all if Ubisoft decided to ban the use of the symbol. But form my point of view, it's just a symbol on a video game. That's it.

And I honestly have no idea where all this libertarian stuff is coming from as I'm not even American. I don't follow American politics, lol.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Never endured real hardship? Haha.. YOu ever had to defend your family with weapons? You ever had to kill someone in selfdefence? Shut the **** up

You are completely ****ing insane, hahahahaha.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 06:29 PM
You are completely ****ing insane, hahahahaha.

Yep. Its hilarious that this is the internet and i could say whatever i wanted but im only speaking the truth. at 19 years old that is what i had to do. Pm me if u really need evidence and newspaper articles and ****.. For real

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 06:31 PM
I completely understand everything you're saying. I'm not disagreeing with you. I wouldn't be bothered at all if Ubisoft decided to ban the use of the symbol. But form my point of view, it's just a symbol on a video game. That's it.

And I honestly have no idea where all this libertarian stuff is coming from as I'm not even American. I don't follow American politics, lol.

For what it's worth, I actually appreciate that you're having a reasonable discussion. The ideals you're promoting are very muchj the party line for Libertarians, is where that stuff came from. Didn't mean to make assumptions about you from it, but I guess that's what I did.

Anyway, thanks for not being a gaping arsehole, unlike someone else on this thread, and actually contributing to a discussion.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:41 PM
For what it's worth, I actually appreciate that you're having a reasonable discussion. The ideals you're promoting are very muchj the party line for Libertarians, is where that stuff came from. Didn't mean to make assumptions about you from it, but I guess that's what I did.

Anyway, thanks for not being a gaping arsehole, unlike someone else on this thread, and actually contributing to a discussion.

Only way to come to solutions regarding controversial topics is to start a respectful dialogue, in my opinion.

And about the gaping arsehole, don't worry, I agree with you, lol.

Lumina-US
04-18-2017, 06:50 PM
To be darn honest, i have ABSOLUTELY 0 idea why this is still up for "debating".

No matter your mindset, if you hate it, agree with it or simply just don't care, Ubisoft said themselves that they do not want, nor will tolerate any Nazi-symbols represented in the game IN ANY FORM.

So everybody creating/using it, and be it even just to piss some people off for (not so funny) lol's, will get a BAN - End of story, case closed!

FootlessRhino
04-18-2017, 06:51 PM

Seeing a Nazi symbol and being offended by it, is being offended by the ideology behind it. removing the symbol of ideology doesn't impact the ideology or belief itself, nothing changes besides the fact that you no longer have the information about the beliefs of that person. it's like choosing ignorance over information. and even though ignorance is bliss, from my point of view, players who chose Nazi symbols or Hammer and Sickle as their emblems just branding themselves voluntarily and that's fine by me. they just make themselves easier to identify and susceptible to judgement of others (though it can also be their goal if simply trolling).

teksuo1
04-18-2017, 07:06 PM
real Vikings pillaged, raped and brutally murdered people in the past?

Pretty sure that happens in any war ; vikings or not.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-18-2017, 07:07 PM
1. Offence is taken, not given.

2. They arent actually racists doing it, they are trolls and edgelords doing it for the EXACT reason to wind people like you up because its funny to them. They watch you go to the forums, and post about how there is literally thousands of racists just patrolling the game, and they arent even German!! How is this? because they are trolls. Dont feed them. The type of people that are falling for this in modern culture atm are SJW's and Shia le bouef... Dont be those people...

3. Its also a religious symbol, buddist I think. Not exclusively a nazi symbol.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Right back at you, lol.

Lol
"yeah, well, you too!"

...so clever... You're the perfect representative for Nazi apologists. GG!

teksuo1
04-18-2017, 07:11 PM
i understand it brings negative emotions but people take it way too seriously.

i mean if the homosexuals were to do something really terrible ; would you all start hating on rainbows and banning them?!

i get the point but it's all a bit silly. :rolleyes:

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 07:20 PM

Too many pathetic Trump clones all over these days.

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:21 PM
Ever try being a man for once and just ignore them?, I doubt you are Jewish and I know for a fact you weren't affected one bit by Nazi rule. Whats the big deal again ? ****ing beta males everywhere, pathetic... no balls all tears because this mean world is so mean meanie meanies! God I hate SJW's new male beta coward cucks! I bet you weak minded fools think I support Nazis and white power, maybe I do, its none of your business. Grow the hell up and be a man for once in your life. can you do that ? one time just once,try it. For F sake kid, you didn't even spell it right, how can you possibly be taken serious ?

WAHH SWATZIES EVERYWHERE HURTING MY FEEELINGS WAH WAH WAH! IM NOT REALLY UPSET I JUST PRETEND I AM TO GET ANOTHER NOTCH THE SJW VICTIM PYRAMID. Get lost little one !

Too many pathetic Trump clones these days all over.

Then we got bottom feeding cowards like this diaperstain, just had to bring Trump into this didn't you ? You people on the far left are pathetic to the very core. You are all obsessed with Trump and its always you bringing him up not us. Its funny, little rats like you claim to be so tolerant that is until someone doesn't share your view then you spew more hate the any racist I've ever seen in my life. You people are the most hateful,disgusting vile traitors that exist in this country. How dare you, millennial turncoat who hates a man and doesn't even know why, it just fits the millennial narrative, fight the power. We all know you hate trump we get it, you hate white people .. see I can turn it around on you too, miserable little cur! Germans have a word for insects like you guys, "die Schwäche " !! and no I am not a Nazi supporter, not one bit. I just hate fearful ignorance!

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Lol
"yeah, well, you too!"

I already had the pleasure with that subject. Don't discuss with it. A Vacuum has got more matter than it.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 07:26 PM

But you did, Nethero?

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Lol
"yeah, well, you too!"

Immature. That's all I have to say. Grow up.

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:34 PM
But you did, Nethero?

I have, many times, have you rat ? Unlike you I served my country and killed for it. I have to see the faces of every man and woman I killed every night so you can have the right to talk **** about this wonderful nation. Have you ever had to drag your best friends legless lifeless body through mud and sand even though he was long dead on impact ?, WTF HAVE YOU DONE ? NOTHING!!!!!You are so in over your head its not even funny, in fact its rather insulting. Turn your life around , join the Corps or any branch of service if you have the bag for it. They will beat all that nonsense out of you and make you into a real man but you wont join, you rather sit back on your PC chair and talk **** and bring American down with your domestic unrest.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 07:38 PM
I already had the pleasure with that subject. Don't discuss with it. A Vacuum has got more matter than it.

Referring to another human being as an "it". I'm sure the Nazi's did the same to the Jews. Practice what you preach, arsehole.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 07:38 PM
you rather sit back on your PC chair and talk ****

... doing a pretty spectacular job of that yourself pal.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 07:40 PM
I have, many times, have you rat ? Unlike you I served my country and killed for it. I have to see the faces of every man and woman I killed every night so you can have the right to talk **** about this wonderful nation. Have you ever had to drag your best friends legless lifeless body through mud and sand even though he was long dead on impact ?, WTF HAVE YOU DONE ? NOTHING!!!!!You are so in over your head its not even funny, in fact its rather insulting. Turn your life around , join the Corps if you have the bag for it. They will beat all that nonsense out of you and make you into a real man but you wont join, you rather sit back on your PC chair and talk **** and bring American down with your domestic unrest.

Either you tell the truth than I feel kinda sorry for ya (talk about PTSD) or you are insulting real vets. Either way: get healthy and consult a shrink!

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Either you tell the truth than I feel kinda sorry for ya (talk about PTSD) or you are insulting real vets. Either way: get healthy and consult a shrink!

I'm not suffering from PTSD, I am very angry but not because of my experiences. I am angry because I am watching this country tear itself apart because of ignorance and false fear , it pisses me off so much! You guys sure talk tough but not one of you would have the nerve to say that in my face not one of you !

cragar212
04-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Lotta internet tough guys todays.

I'm really the Macho Man Randy Savage btw so I win brothherrr

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Also I love how the OP's name is "PACKAGE FORURMOM" yet he is feeling all indignant about some random brat using a symbol he thinks offends him.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 07:48 PM
I'm not suffering from PTSD, I am very angry but not because of my experiences. I am angry because I am watching this country tear itself apart because of ignorance and false fear , it pisses me off so much! You guys sure talk tough but not one of you would have the nerve to say that in my face not one of you !

You're on a game forum with gamers, not in the middle of a warzone. Your level of anger and your desire for personal confrontation over opinions on a gaming forum are not healthy or normal. I'd reconsider the PTSD part and perhaps have a think if all that 'making you into a real man' stuff you went through hasn't in fact made you into a maniac. You're certainly coming across as one. Sorry if that offends you.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Lotta internet tough guys todays.

I'm really the Macho Man Randy Savage btw so I win brothherrr

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2524216/macho-man-o.gif

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:52 PM
You're a game forum fella with gamers, not in the middle of a warzone. Your level of anger and your desire for personal confrontation over opinions on a gaming forum are not health or normal. I'd reconsider the PTSD part and perhaps have a think if all that 'making you into a real man' stuff you went through hasn't in fact made you into a maniac. You're certainly coming across as one. Sorry if that offends you.

It doesn't offend me Gray not one bit. I do wish you would save your ministrations for your personal vicinity. Just because someone gets pissed off doesn't mean they are psycho or suffering from PTSD. Im actually fine, got a decent job, I don't wake up strangling my wife if thats what you mean, though she did hit me in the face one night in her sleep if anything she is the one lol who needs help. Had a black eye for a week, try explaining that to your friends. Got beat up by a woman in her sleep.. :cool:

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 08:02 PM
Nothing will be done and nothing should be done. You're living on the wrong planet if a symbol offends you this much.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-18-2017, 08:07 PM

I think the reason people dont like "Social Justice" is because it is actually inherently racist, sexist and discriminatory, and the "catch 22" so to speak, is its doing this in the name of fighting racism, sexism and injustice.

Currently in the western world, there is only individual justice in our courts and written into law at the moment. It is the idea that you are responsible for your actions, and that evidence is needed to carry out justice on the individual/s. We need Actus reus & mens rea [latin] (the guilty act, and the guilty mind) to connvict someone of a crime, it is essentially the pillars of our justice system, and we need both to send people to jail. That we also have a system of "innocent untill proven guilty" as opposed to the opposite. Why "Social Justice" is not morally agreeable, or acceptable in law & used courts at present, is because "social justice" is essentially "group Justice". It is the reasoning that even if you are innocent, you are guilty by association because of the group you are in, your ethnic background, your sex, sexual preferance and other often menial traits. By definition, and example, this is the core principle of "Social Justice". Because it values the group, and not the individual, it is by its own characterisation, anti-liberal (which is suprising seeing as its considered far left liberal ideology).

Having this framework, it ends up heading down a mob mentality route (again because it does not value the individual, and therefore the individuals ideas. Therefore its hard for the individual to disagree with the group, as the group is always more important). Also considering SJW core principles seem to stem from socialism, marxism, and also some theories by kimberle crenshaw (a french female philosopher) on intersectionality, amoung some of the (franky inhumane) ideas and experiments done by Dr. John Money on what gender is and how it is a social construct to the point he surgically altered children to conduct these expirements, and then publised his papers as a success (when they werent, his patients killed themselves), its suprising so many support his ideas today.

Also SJW's seem to think everyone is racist/sexisr etc.. who dont believe in this idealogy, even if the individual in question believes in equality. Its this group demonization that people dont like, like calling all conservatives nazi's, all men privelaged, all white people racist, all straight people gay phobic bases on nothing but splitting people into categories of "guilty by association". Im a liberal btw, but I think by definition it is extremely anti-liberal.Theres a ton more in depth analysis that could be made, and thats just scratching the surface, but ill just leave it at that if you were interested why some people are against it. Cheers.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 08:20 PM
Immature. That's all I have to say. Grow up.

Ouch! Another scathing takedown! When will I learn!?!

Jarl.Felix
04-18-2017, 08:31 PM
In my opinion I'll state it clear : ANYONE who is PERSONALY offended by HISTORY (in all it's glory and time periods) instead of learning from it, is a complete idiot. End of story.

You know what it would be fun ? OP not being : jew, german, having family members who died in WW2.

Yet he is offended !

Reign
04-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Something will be done about people making offensive emblems right before they make everyone on the internet be cordial to one another.

Short answer don't hold your breath.

And this thread is giving those who would make these emblems just what they want. They got under your skin with an emblem, and while it's juvenile and idiotic some thicker skin wouldn't hurt either.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Ouch! Another scathing takedown! When will I learn!?!

The level of autism is hilarious, lmao.

psyminion
04-18-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm mildly offended by the Christian cross and the attrocities done under its flag throughout hundreds of years of history across all continents.

do I report it?

no because I don't expect the internet or humanity to cater to my likes and dislikes.

also the swasitika is so ****ing old it's like being offended by the pentagram.

or the circle (womb).

or the line (phalus).

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 09:02 PM
In my opinion I'll state it clear : ANYONE who is PERSONALY offended by HISTORY (in all it's glory and time periods) instead of learning from it, is a complete idiot. End of story.

You know what it would be fun ? OP not being : jew, german, having family members who died in WW2.

Yet he is offended !

In your terminolgy about history you agree that the deash flag isn't offensive either...
Have a nice chat with varakharne about that. Good day!

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Can we also ban American flags while we're at it? I didn't appreciate them blowing up my family members with airstrikes for the last decade.

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 09:11 PM
In your terminolgy about history you agree that the deash flag isn't offensive either...
Have a nice chat with varakharne about that. Good day!

It's because it isn't. It's been used for century's. Just because a group of nut jobs start using it doesn't make the flag offensive. We might as well ban every flag and symbol this way, as terrible things have been done under pretty much every flag and symbol.

Reign
04-18-2017, 09:14 PM
They should just remove emblems completely because someone, someday will create something that offends someone. This ad brought to you by the word some and it's derivatives.

buhahh125
04-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Can we also ban American flags while we're at it? I didn't appreciate them blowing up my family members with airstrikes for the last decade.

Uhmmm?....LAWL Anyway! In what world would you compare the American Flag and Swastika in the same light? :confused:

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Uhmmm?....LAWL Anyway! In what world would you compare the American Flag and Swastika in the same light? :confused:

I'm just making a point. Any flag and any symbol will be offensive to someone. Terrible things have been done under every flag. Might as well ban everything. I don't really have anything against the U.S flag but you get the point.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:18 PM
These threads are so old and tired, can't we just have one stickied at the top of the page to save the same pro Nazi and anti Nazi people having to type out the same stuff over and over ... Mods? Please? ;)

Reign
04-18-2017, 09:21 PM
These threads are so old and tired, can't we just have one stickied at the top of the page to save the same pro Nazi and anti Nazi people having to type out the same stuff over and over ... Mods? Please? ;)

I'm pretty sure I have read the word Nazi here on these forums more than I have in any history class ever.... :D

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure I have read the word Nazi here on these forums more than I have in any history class ever.... :D

Same ;)

buhahh125
04-18-2017, 09:24 PM
I'm just making a point. Any flag and any symbol will be offensive to someone. Terrible things have been done under every flag. Might as well ban everything. I don't really have anything against the U.S flag but you get the point.

To that I can agree but where I feel it far fetched is while people can be offended by almost anything they wish to, a Swastika most def. appeals to a certain crowd in the manner it is negatively perceived. Not in the way it originally meant in Hinduism, Buddhism, or Jainism. So in reality I can care less for those of you who support using it because I can guarantee there is a reason you will not dare openly wear it in society. So why hide behind a video game when you do it? (and by you I am not pertaining directly at you Malakith, but those who say it is ok)

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 09:26 PM

This is the problem. You're all seeing things in black and white. Nobody here is pro Nazi. Just because we think people should have the freedom to have their emblem as whatever they wish doesn't mean we support whatever their emblem stands for. Not everything is black and white, there is a GRAY area. Pun intended.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 09:30 PM
It's because it isn't. It's been used for century's. Just because a group of nut jobs start using it doesn't make the flag offensive. We might as well ban every flag and symbol this way, as terrible things have been done under pretty much every flag and symbol.

That might be true. And also in the name of nowadays democracies people die and suffer.
Most of us are hopefully aware of that. That doen't mean and sorry for beeing polemic once more: that there is still no ****ing excuse to mutilate the sacrifice people (unvolunterily) gave for a system that is not perfect but still work in progress for thousands of years. And that means that banning the symbols who are branded as antidemocratic because of history (!) is a statement of having values.

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 09:31 PM
To that I can agree but where I feel it far fetched is while people can be offended by almost anything they wish to, a Swastika most def. appeals to a certain crowd in the manner it is negatively perceived. Not in the way it originally meant in Hinduism, Buddhism, or Jainism. So in reality I can care less for those of you who support using it because I can guarantee there is a reason you will not dare openly wear it in society. So why hide behind a video game when you do it? (and by you I am not pertaining directly at you Malakith, but those who say it is ok)

To me it differs a bit. If you make the nazi swastika (tilted right with a red circle background) I know that someone is just trying to offend others for fun, which I find rather childish. But if someone makes any other swastika I won't think that way, as it has multiple meanings. Personally I don't find any symbol offensive, or think it should be to anyone (except to the people who personally suffered under it, like old people who lived trough WW2). I do however find it childish and dumb that people make/ use such emblems just to bother others.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Nobody here is pro Nazi.

You can only speak for yourself.

Good pun though ;)

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 09:38 PM
That might be true. And also in the name of nowadays democracies people die and suffer.
Most of us are hopefully aware of that. That doen't mean and sorry for beeing polemic once more: that there is still no ****ing excuse to mutilate the sacrifice people (unvolunterily) gave for a system that is not perfect but still work in progress for thousands of years. And that means that banning the symbols who are branded as antidemocratic because of history (!) is a statement of having values.

Banning a symbol just because it's anti democratic isn't very democratic either. Besides thinking it's childish of people for using symbols just to troll others I don't really mind what people use in games or anything else. Most of us live in a free country however, and we're all free to express ourselves, even if that means using symbols that offend others. I do in no way support Nazi's, but I also find it a bit sad to get so offended by a simple symbol. The only exeption I can make is people who directly suffered under such symbol, like elderly who fought or lived in the war (not their children, I also have grandparents who fought in WW2). Like i said, if we ban one symbol simply because it offends people we might as well ban every symbol and flag.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Banning a symbol just because it's anti democratic isn't very democratic either. Besides thinking it's childish of people for using symbols just to troll others I don't really mind what people use in games or anything else. Most of us live in a free country however, and we're all free to express ourselves, even if that means using symbols that offend others. I do in no way support Nazi's, but I also find it a bit sad to get so offended by a simple symbol. The only exeption I can make is people who directly suffered under such symbol, like elderly who fought or lived in the war (not their children, I also have grandparents who fought in WW2). Like i said, if we ban one symbol simply because it offends people we might as well ban every symbol and flag.

Once more with that attitude you belittle what these groups are capable off. I've been threatened by Neo Nazis over here in Germany and even though it's not even comparable to the events that happened 80 years ago I welcome any opposing act that will put a hold to this ****. Beeing a minority doesn't mean that they (all opposing minorites not only nazis) will not be a threat. Democracy is fragile and needs sometimes an iron fist to defend it. For this game UBI made a clear statement and I welcome it.

Reign
04-18-2017, 10:17 PM
If only pictures of the people using these emblems were available. The debates would cease as you would realize your not defending democracy or defeating neo-nazis. Rather you just got Bobby, 13 years old and mad at the world, temp-banned from a video game to which he will just make another account and do the same sh*t again. If you put any more value to it than that you have got a wild ride headed your way as you step into the real world.

Gray360UK
04-18-2017, 10:20 PM
If only pictures of the people using these emblems were available. The debates would cease as you would realize your not defending democracy or defeating neo-nazis. Rather you just got Bobby, 13 years old and mad at the world, temp-banned from a video game to which he will just make another account and do the same sh*t again. If you put any more value to it than that you have got a wild ride headed your way as you step into the real world.

Haha, love it, and let's be honest, this is no doubt very true, apart from in the case of a few extremists ;)

Reign
04-18-2017, 10:25 PM
Haha, love it, and let's be honest, this is no doubt very true, apart from in the case of a few extremists ;)

Yeah you will always have those one offs who really mean it the way it seems. But for every one of them there's probably a hundred more who do it just because it melts snowflakes.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 10:25 PM

Even if that is the case. Chances are high your given scenario is real: the person concerned had a lesson, beeing temporary banned or warned. But there are not only hateful teenragers around.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 10:26 PM

While I agree with that to a point, my grandmother spent time in Auschwitz because she escaped so many others they didn't know what the hell else to do with her and while I will never know the horrors first hand, I have seen in her eyes just how much they left a mark as much as she was a damn strong woman and that is how I choose to remember her. Myself, I find it very sad, I know that if I let it get to me they win because they are trolling but I do think it is one of the worst things to just casually throw out there.

Reign
04-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Even if that is the case. Chances are high your given scenario is real: the person concerned had a lesson, beeing temporary banned or warned. But there are not only hateful teenragers around.

Yeah but your missing the point, the lesson they learned is that their anger tactic worked. And got someone so riled up they filed reports which only fuels them to do it again. But my point still stands if you think even 5% of the people sporting these emblems are true to life neo-nazis flashing their arian pride on a video game, I am willing to be 90% of the people who know you would say your kind of gullible.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 10:33 PM
Swastika emblems are the oldest troll in online gaming.

Its nothing but children below the age of 14 and neckbearded keyboard warriors trying to be edgy and praying to god that somebody takes it too seriously and sends them a message or gives them attention over it.

You are better off just reporting the emblem and leaving them alone. If they are so desperate for attention that they resort to something like that they deserve to be ignored and pitied.

Marcrele
04-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Yeah but your missing the point, the lesson they learned is that their anger tactic worked. And got someone so riled up they filed reports which only fuels them to do it again. But my point still stands if you think even 5% of the people sporting these emblems are true to life neo-nazis flashing their arian pride on a video game, I am willing to be 90% of the people who know you would say your kind of gullible.

Instead doing nothing is the alternative? Sorry mate not my approach.

Lumina-US
04-18-2017, 10:39 PM
I said it like 4-5 pages before and i'll say it again - Ubisoft does not want such symbols in the game - Stat, fiack - END!

And now, can you please lock this thread, before any more neo-nazi stuff sprouts in this place?

Reign
04-18-2017, 10:48 PM
Instead doing nothing is the alternative? Sorry mate not my approach.

By ignoring it you take away the thrill it gives them. I am not saying they should be allowed but creating these multi-page threads once a month and citing historical events and reciting personal stories is playing right to their hand.

So by all means proceed just know the more you publicize it the more it's going to happen. And I'm done here.

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Once more with that attitude you belittle what these groups are capable off. I've been threatened by Neo Nazis over here in Germany and even though it's not even comparable to the events that happened 80 years ago I welcome any opposing act that will put a hold to this ****. Beeing a minority doesn't mean that they (all opposing minorites not only nazis) will not be a threat. Democracy is fragile and needs sometimes an iron fist to defend it. For this game UBI made a clear statement and I welcome it.

They don't threaten democracy, you are by banning symbols you dislike. Sorry to hear that they threatened you, but the people who threatened you should be dealth with, not the symbol they wear. If it's not allowed by Ubisoft it's all fine with me that they police that rule, but i just see that as a house rule, just like taking your shoes off at home.

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 10:54 PM
While I agree with that to a point, my grandmother spent time in Auschwitz because she escaped so many others they didn't know what the hell else to do with her and while I will never know the horrors first hand, I have seen in her eyes just how much they left a mark as much as she was a damn strong woman and that is how I choose to remember her. Myself, I find it very sad, I know that if I let it get to me they win because they are trolling but I do think it is one of the worst things to just casually throw out there.

I'm sorry to hear that your grandmother spent time there. Just ignore people who use such symbols to troll others, that way you'll spoil their fun. By complaining on the forums you do exactly what they want you to. They'll either stop because it gets boring or be caught one day and banned. Like i said, i have no respect for people who use symbols like that just to hurt others for the fun of it, i just believe that banning symbols/ flafs because it got used against someone in the past isn't the right thing to do. That way we might as well ban anything. You should punish the people who use it in a provocating, distastefull way insead.

Pope138
04-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Yet he is offended !

That's like saying only minorities should be against racism. Which is ridiculous.

I'm a U.S. citizen that can trace my ethnicity back to Scandinavia 100%. My grandfather fought the nazis. When I was a child, if he saw someone wearing a swastika he'd mess them up pretty good. And if you called him oversensitive for doing it, he'd smack you around a bit and let you know he was proud to do so. He was from a different time and as proud as I am of him and his service, I handle things very differently.
Swastikas are very offensevie to some, but I think to most people it's just distasteful. There is no good reason to brandish a swastika. Thing is, people should be allowed to be distasteful (big John Waters fan here) however, people should also be allowed to voice their disapproval--which is what a lot of people here are doing.

Ubisoft is a private company, they don't want it in their game, that's their right. And thank Sagan for that! When I sit down to game I don't want to be reminded of the holocaust--or any important real world issues. Deal with it. :p

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your grandmother spent time there. Just ignore people who use such symbols to troll others, that way you'll spoil their fun. By complaining on the forums you do exactly what they want you to. They'll either stop because it gets boring or be caught one day and banned. Like i said, i have no respect for people who use symbols like that just to hurt others for the fun of it, i just believe that banning symbols/ flafs because it got used against someone in the past isn't the right thing to do. That way we might as well ban anything. You should punish the people who use it in a provocating, distastefull way insead.

Yeah I get that, like I said she was a damn strong woman and I would be doing her a disservice to think of her as a victim which is probably the only reason I don't get as heated about it as others do, it is just that I can see where people further away from the event can be sensitive to it also.

FledgeSRondo
04-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Banning Nazi symbols or any similar offensive symbols is only dangerous when it's lawfully enforced by a government, as it would constitute an intentional suppression of free speech and a form of government coercion. But we're not talking about politically institutionalized suppression of free speech, we're basically talking about graffiti in a private business' property.

It's perfectly fine for private entities to restrict what can or cannot be done on their private property. Gangs can't legally tag buildings. Churches can't march into your home and force you to listen to their sermons. Similarly, Nazi symbols can be removed from Ubisoft's game. It's their business, and if they feel it hurts their bottom line then they are free to remove content within their system. You're free to express yourself, but you're not free to force other people to hear in whatever forum you desire. In other words, people are free to their voice, but also free to not have to listen to that voice.

Strangely, it seems some folks here supporting the allowance of Nazi emblems are conflating Ubisoft's removal of such emblems with some larger political/philosophical ban, as though it were defending free speech from government intervention, which is exactly the kind of molehills-to-mountains over-reaction I would expect to be cultivated by the highly partisan polemics of contemporary politics. To cast this particular situation in terms more emotionally compelling to the modern conservative mindset, a more apt parallel would be liberal protestors demonstrating in the middle of highways. They have a message and they're insinuating it into the midst of a forum where it only serves as an agitating public nuisance. They have a right to their message, but that doesn't mean they can parade it wherever they please. The same holds true for Nazi emblems in Ubisoft's game. You can create an emblem, but that doesn't mean you can force it into other people's gameplay experience.

And let's be realistic, such emblems are at best trolling and at worst the open advocacy of a bigoted, venemous, hateful ideology that advocates the death and destruction of various peoples. In other words, such emblems constitute a public nuisance. It is Ubisoft's prerogative, at their discretion, to remove content from within their system they deem harmful to the user experience or the public perception of their brand. Really, what business wants to be considered sympathetic to or condoning of something as terrible as Nazism? Ubisoft removing such emblems doesn't constitute a restriction of free speech, any more than a restaurant removing an evangelizing patron constitutes banning of freedom of religion. People are free to whatever expression they choose, just not wherever they feel like.

Also, it's frankly bizarre how some people conflate taking offense at Nazi symbols as some kind of crybaby, effete, limp-wristed participation trophy SJW agenda. When I was growing up Nazi's were evil bad guy scum that you'd punch in the face first thing you see, now you have keyboard warrior True Patriots who would die defending Nazi symbolism and anyone who says otherwise is just a triggered, overemotional girly-girl ruining America? Seriously, what happened here, did I miss something? Defending Nazi symbolism in this context doesn't sound macho or masculine at all, it sounds kinda, well, dumb.

UbiJurassic
04-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Our official position on the matter is that swastikas have no place in For Honor. Emblems containing swastikas are deemed offensive and should be reported in-game or directly to our support team (https://support.ubi.com/). Due to the polarizing nature of this topic, we will be closing this thread.