PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Community Challenges/AC Initiates

Jazz4Ever1929
04-18-2017, 02:39 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag, and I'm not sure if it's been asked a lot through the community. But, will the Community Challenges in Black Flag be returning or maybe patched in? Because I have played the game for more than 40+ hours and one thing that's frustrating to see is the last Sword, Pistol, Outfit, and ship appearances locked due to the Community Challenges. Now, being an Assassin's Creed fan for less than a year. I have to admit that the earlier titles weren't my main interests. But after playing AC III, Unity, Rogue, and now Black Flag. The story is far beyond amazing, as well as it's gameplay. But please (I am not begging), but will you look into disabling the last items that are locked by the Community Challenges unlock please! I have bought Black Flag back in January of this year and you guys have done a wonderful job in making and creating this game. But when a gamer such as me sees the last items for Edward or the Jackdaw to use is locked, it's really hard to enjoy a full game when something like this happens. And when the game was released back in 2013 I had no clue that it even had Community Challenges. So, would it be too much to ask. Or even a please...please can you bring these challenges back so I can fully unlock these last items, or make the items unlockable without the Community Challenges...Thank You.

Assassino1776
04-18-2017, 06:55 AM
I agree. Once community events/challenges are over, these items should be available afterwards.

Jazz4Ever1929
04-27-2017, 07:41 PM
Over the past 5 months I have played AC Unity, Rogue, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, and Black Flag. I am VERY, VERY displeased of Ubisoft not responding or mentioning any kind of patching or updating the Community Challenges Rewards, and the AC INITIATES Rewards in Assassin's Creed Black Flag. AND THIS HAS TO STOP UBISOFT! The Community Challenges, I felt as though, (being a new fan of the Assassin's Creed series) cheated of not getting all of Edward's Swords, Pistols, Outfits, and the Jackdaw's appearances. Personally, I would REALLY like to obtained the AC Initiates Rewards. A LOT of people including myself want these COMMUNITY CHALLENGES patched and updated. How long must new players (such as me) will be VERY disappointed and FRUSTATED when they begin to play Black Flag and realized they can't unlock the Community Challenges Rewards because UBISOFT won't unlock it!!! Now anyone who agrees with this please - Share and let UBISOFT know to bring back the COMMUNITY CHALLENGES and the AC Initiates Rewards! AND NO UBISOFT! I WILL NOT...AND ABSOLUTELY... WILL NOT TALK TO ANOTHER UBISOFT SUPPORT and LET THEM say they'll bring this to the DEVELOPMENT TEAM! IT'S BEEN 2 OR 3 THREE YEARS, since the last challenges were in BLACK FLAG! AND I'm at the point where if you don't bring these back, then you're going to lose a lot of fans to not just your Company. But your Repetition, and fan support! Good Day!

SMithY194
05-07-2017, 11:18 PM
You can still get some of the Initiates Rewards for Black Flag by downloading the free DLC which you can only get to by the in game store.
1.Go to "Additional Content" from the Main Menu.
2.Press square to access "Browse Entire Catalogue".
3.Scroll down until you see the DLC called "Initiates Reward"

Jazz4Ever1929
06-16-2017, 09:50 PM
I have been getting no response from the Development Team from Ubisoft or an update regarding the tickets I have made on behalf of my question to this Forum. How hard is it just to unlock the Community Challenge Awards in Black Flag so that players like me can enjoy and use them in the game? Why are they still locked?

Nima02166
06-20-2017, 02:35 PM
i have the same problem if u dont want to unlock community challange so unlock the stuffs like black and red sail explorer outfit persian sword and ...
i bought the game paid to play the game with all stuffs.
so please unlock it
and if u dont...well..then answer me why ?
im waiting.

Jazz4Ever1929
06-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Ubisoft, When will the Community Challenges awards be patched in or updated so that they can be unlock. I am asking not just for my sake, but other BF fans want these to be patch or returned because why are they still locked in the first place? I would even pay for these CC awards to be unlocked on my BF copy. Please!

strigoi1958
06-30-2017, 02:16 AM
Please Jazz4Ever1929

This thread belongs in the assassin's creed general discussions or in community support but as you are already keeping some dead threads open in those forums it does not need another. But this is the Origins forum so please do not post anything not related to Origins, I know you are looking for support and others to post but you cannot do it here.

Please do not keep opening up multiple threads on the same subject. You have made 13 posts and they are all on this subject. I do admire your tenacity :)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1152143-AC-patches-to-IV-and-Unity
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1695417-AC-4-challenges
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1437606-Black-flag-community-challenge-loop
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1642970-Locked-outfits-and-more-because-Community-Challenges-are-gone/page3

Jazz4Ever1929
07-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Please bring back AC4 Black Flag Community Challenges. So that veteran players like me or new players of the game would be able to have their Swords, Outfits, Pistols, and Ship Appearances 100%. Or at least make them a dlc.

danijel.1983
07-02-2017, 06:41 AM
It doesn't affect the gameplay. You can still finish the game 100% without those items.

Black_Widow9
07-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Hi Jazz!

While the Community Events were available for a limited time (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902053-ACIV-BF-Community-Events-Schedule), we appreciate your feedback.

Jazz4Ever1929
08-05-2017, 06:01 AM
Dear strigoi1958

After looking throughout all of the 90 Threads in the AC General Discussions. I have seen around 25 similar Threads (including my 13 posts you mentioned) in pleading Ubisoft Development Team to please bring back the Community Challenges for AC IV - Black Flag.

I also saw some of your comments in some of those 25 Threads and those AC players agree as well as me to ask the Ubisoft Development Team to bring the challenges back.

What is it that you can't see as any other player who want these last items unlockable in the game? Excluding items that should be immediately unlock even though it was only a way to promote the game more 😑 It should be unlock immediately as the game reached it's potential and sold millions of copies. It is after all one of the most popular sequels...and it still is to AC players.

I am also looking at calling their Ubisoft Business Headquarters to see what is the big deal of not doing this small job. I am not here to talk to people like you. I am here just to make a community correction that Ubisoft failed to do.

Since nobody from Ubisoft other than the Forum Administrators who comment and provide feedback to us players and fans. Then the only thing to do is call their Main Headquarters.

If you tend to get in my way and keep repeating this process and replying to my Threads and comments. It will only lead to more Posts my friend.

*By the way, don't look as if you're the only one at following what I Post or Reply too ;)

Kindest Regards.

TrustingOwl1813
08-16-2017, 02:37 AM
I may not agree 100% with how the previous message was phrased, I do agree with the sentiment. I am a huge AC fan and while the community challenge equipment may not be needed for 100% synchronisation, it is still equipment that the fans of Assassin's Creed would love to have. I personally think it would be a nice touch for Ubisoft to release the items especially in the run-up to Assassin's Creed Origins being released, and especially as they've already done something similar with the Ezio Collection and made it so we can play the dlc for AC3 on Xbox backwards compatible

Jazz4Ever1929
08-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Still waiting on those Community Challenges to return in order to get those locked weapons and appearance skins Ubisoft! Or just make them available as a dlc or a patch.

Jazz4Ever1929
09-11-2017, 12:16 AM
Hey Ubisoft! Where are those Community Challenges. Still waiting for them to return in Black Flag. Since they are still LOCKED in the game and should be unlocked for everybody by now!

Jazz4Ever1929
09-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Why aren't the Community Challenge items in Black Flag unlocked? Since you guys ended it, it should be available for all players to enjoy. How hard is it to make the items available!

Jazz4Ever1929
09-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Please bring back the Community Challenges in Black Flag Ubisoft.

Jazz4Ever1929
10-15-2017, 11:22 PM
Please bring back the community challenge rewards and the initate awards as a dlc Ubisoft. How hard can it be? Still locked in the Outfits, Pistols, Swords, and Ship Appearances for me and other players as well.

The-Shrykull
11-07-2017, 08:34 PM
I agree that the items should be unlocked by default now I just got the game and its frustrating that some of the coolest items in the game are locked behind challenges that can no longer be completed... this is the sad future of gaming now where half of a game only works while a certain site or application is active than after that your screwed. How long until uplay is ditched for a different ubi drm and every game on that no longer functions? If they wont patch this error dont expect them to patch out uplay when the time comes. For such a big game company they dont seem to understand or care for there fans.

Delicious-Taffy
11-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Wait, so this stuff is just flat-out unavailable? That's actually irritating, because I've been trying to unlock it for the past week, having only recently purchased my own copy of the game. There are so many outfits and ship customisation items I can't unlock, and I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out why. I can't get the Ezio and Connor outfits, despite having Uplay actions and rewards for all but Revelations (which won't let me unlock literally anything, or even save, but that's another issue altogether), and I've been trying to at least get the Explorer, Governor's, and Officer's outfits as a consolation, but they just haven't been unlocking.

I've been opening the blue chests, hunting the white whales, and sinking the convoys, when I can find them. But none of this stuff is unlocking at all. The swords, pistols, outfits, sails, figureheads, and wheels just won't show up, no matter how many ships I send out in the Fleet, or how many chests I open. If the items aren't available at all, I guess I'll have to give up on getting them, but that's a serious disappointment. I'm playing on the Xbox 360, so I figured at least one or two things might be unavailable, but I wasn't expecting this many things to be blocked entirely.

If I'm missing something and can get some of this still, someone let me know. Otherwise, I'll just be giving up on the search and shooting every cat in Nassau.

Jazz4Ever1929
11-16-2017, 11:25 PM
I agree with you 100 percent man. For such a big game company they won't unlock all of the items in the game because it was only an event that was to promote the game. But, I will not give up until they bring it back!

Jazz4Ever1929
11-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Sadly, yes. In my game inventory it still shows the items that are lock by only completing the community challenges. They are still locked in my game and for every player that has the game to this day. I don't know why they won't unlock this just because the Community challenges are over. They should be unlock immediately!

Jazz4Ever1929
12-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Please Ubisoft, Unlock the following items in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

- Black Skull Sails (Jackdaw)
- Split Blood Sails (Jackdaw)
- Maid of Amsterdam (Sea Shanty)
- Explorer's Outfit (Edward)
- El Impoluto's Wheel (Jackdaw)
- Black and Red Sails (Jackdaw)
- Aquila Figurehead (Jackdaw) I attempted to unlock this figurehead so many times but it won't unlock!
- El Impoluto''s Figurehead (Jackdaw)
- Persian Scimitars (Swords)
- Captain Wheellock Pistols (Pistols)

SilentResident
12-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Please, Ubisoft, I am begging you to unlock these rewards now that they are unobtainable through other means! it is frustrating and irritating that we bought a full copy of the game and can't enjoy what we paid for! -_- This is violation of EULA!

SilentResident
12-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Ubisoft, you have released a patch that unlocked the locked Initiates Rewards in AC Unity for everyone to get them without having to play Initiates anymore.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-19-assassins-creed-unity-patch-removes-need-to-play-companion-app

Please do the same for AC Black Flag too! It too has locked rewards tied to Initiates!

TeeWin92
12-09-2017, 10:22 PM
This is the perfect time for a patch for the community challenges with Ubisoft giving the game out for free next week! (On PC at least, that I know of). Surely any players that still hasn't gotten a copy of AC4 will be grabbing it next week so they, and those of us that paid various prices up to full original price, deserve to have this content unlocked.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-11-2017, 03:44 AM
TeeWin92. I agree, they should come out with a patch for the Community Challenges and Initiates Rewards to unlock. They even made a patch on Unity a while back for the Initiaties Rewards to unlock for everyone. So WHY can't they make them unlock for Black Flag! Thank you SilentResident for finding that article Btw!

Locopells
12-11-2017, 10:46 AM
I know you've been, er, pushing this issue somewhat, but I have to say I'm with you on this one. If ever there was a time, it's now.

MnemonicSyntax
12-11-2017, 08:26 PM
It seems the answer was given already by Widow, who is pretty up there when it comes to information.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Please Ubisoft, Unlock the following items in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

- Aquila Figurehead (Jackdaw) I attempted to unlock this figurehead so many times but it won't unlock!

@MnemonicSyntax

That was no answer. And I'm pretty sure this is messed up considering the fact that Unity had it's rewards unlocked based on the fact that Unity was completely broken. But let me tell you :I Black Flag has sold more than 11-12+ Million copies. And they have the nerve to lock these items in the game just so they can promote the game! I believe that's cruel, considering that many people who are new fans to the series who had no idea about these community challenges and are still locked in the appearance menu in the game! If you want to criticize me just because a forum administrator has already given me an answer then fine. But if you have no business whatsoever in this thread, then take your opinions elsewhere dude. All I'm asking is Ubisoft to PERMANETLY or Patch, or maybe even making a dlc into making these items UNLOCK so new fans of the Assassins Creed franchise who play Black Flag can acquire them. Does it make sense to have these items still locked just because Ubisoft made their money back from the game? I don't think so pal.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2017, 05:04 AM
Doesn't matter what you believe, and the answer given was pretty cut and dry.

As for what make sense, and what doesn't, it doesn't make sense to support a game that is nearing five years old. Especially for cosmetic items that aren't that great.

Even though the game was free, you still have the game. I cannot believe the entitlement on these forums for wanting something for nothing, especially when what you want takes time which costs money.

As for where I post that's not up for you to decide. No rules are being broken, so expect people to disagree with you on a privately owned forum that has public access.

Give it up already.

Edit: here is your answer.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1805232-PC-Assassin-s-Creed-VI-Black-Flag-Frequently-Asked-Questions

Jazz4Ever1929
12-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Is that so 😑 Well then! As much time, sweat, and hours of me putting time into this game. I expect to get what my money is worth, especially unlocking all of the items in the game whether they are locked or not. I'm the type that likes to use all of the items in a game. Whether or not they're good in damage, combo, etc.

And another thing. Don't give me that cost time and money stuff, when all of these items should've been unlock immediately after the game was launched. These items can be unlock with the click of a button, or the result of a patch. Since a gaming corporation like Ubi decide to downgrade their games and making glitchy/buggy games.

Take all the time to write your opinions. I'm not giving up! I'll still be making post such as these. So I can get a better response.

How about you try giving up on making me give up!

del171224054723
12-19-2017, 06:23 PM
I agree with this thread. This content should all be unlocked:

Initiates content
Community challenge content

AND

The MacFarlane figurines content (Kenway Family Swords, Haytham Outfit, Aquila Sails, Hornigold Sails, Blackbeard Sails, Black Bart Sails)
Dual cleavers (a now defunct Dr. Pepper promotion)
Wilkinson figurehead (a now defunct Schick razors promotion)

I'm with you, OP. How do we escalate this issue through a channel where it will come to Ubi's attention?

I work in IT...this would not be a hard update to code and apply.

MnemonicSyntax
12-19-2017, 06:47 PM
Ubisoft has already said they're not doing it. Read the FAQ.

Community Challenges
Community Challenges/Events are no longer available to players and the items remain locked. However, the items you would have received during these, don't count towards the progression stat in the game and you will be able to reach 100% completion.

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/0...-progress-AC4/

Jazz4Ever1929
12-20-2017, 02:31 AM
@AMattonAMission
Thanks man! I agree with you on the MacFarlane Figurines Content, as well as the promotional content. I could see a petition for others like us who want to propose to Ubisoft Head to bring these Community Challenge Rewards, Initiates Rewards, and Promotional Rewards back available and unlock for everyone to have.

I can't remember the thread post name. But, he's also trying to get Ubisoft to listen to him to unlock these Rewards. As well as patches for the previous AC games. Lemme find that thread on the forums here.

And @MnemonicSyntax...
The more you continue to comment, the more I will be making posts to Ubisoft to bring these Rewards available to all players.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-20-2017, 02:38 AM
@AMattonAMission
Found the thread man, the person who made the thread is @LeDragonSYNC and the thread's name is AC Patches to IV and Unity. We should connect with each other and determine a plan to bring this matter to Ubisoft head.

MnemonicSyntax
12-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Ubisoft head.

Who do you think Black_Widow9 is?

MnemonicSyntax
12-20-2017, 06:12 AM
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043628
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043628

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043660

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043685

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043703

By the way, I love this thread. You went from polite and hopeful to bitter and entitled in a heartbeat just because you were told no.

You're not the first to ask for these, and this has been an issue for years. You get me son? Years. And Ubisoft hasn't changed their stance on it, even with the free release of Black Flag.

In addition, do you hear yourself? You want these "rewards available for all players." You didn't participate in the community events, you didn't pay for the figures, why should you guys be rewarded for not doing or paying anything?

You aren't owed anything. Cripes.

KiraKhai07
12-20-2017, 04:54 PM
I was trying to figure how to do the community events...
and I found this discussion.

after reading many comments, i guess the community events items are locked forever...there no other way to get them

many players want that items to be unlock.
they said that its should be free/unlocked since the community events already not available...

Ubisoft also made their minds to not unlocked those items... i think becoz so that its fair for players that participated in those events.

and I do agree with MnemonicSyntax...
we dont owe anything to get those item for free...and we also do not participate during the community events..

However, as a fan of Assassin's Creed game, I do want to own those items.
Sorry that Im not matured enough to play AC4 years ago or to participate the community events.

I only hope ubisoft will consider the desicion to locked the items forever...
Perhaps all the community events items can be made as a new DCL...
and players like me can buy it...to unlocked them
so it will be fair and square.
and i will surely buy its..

Atleast it will not be locked forever...and players that want them need to buy since they not participate on those events...

TQ

Jazz4Ever1929
12-20-2017, 05:23 PM
@KiraKhai07
Just because Ubisoft made their minds to not unlocked these items, it is still unfair to many players who bought the game after these events were started and were not able to unlock them afterwards. Including players who bought a new copy such as me, and also new players who bought or own the Xbox One version of Black Flag. It's really not fair for players that weren't able to participate in these events (if only Ubisoft were to keep the challenges active still). I'm not trying to say Ubi owes us anything to get these item for free. But, why not eventually unlock them as a way for playing and buying their game so the content can be made available. Plus, you do know their doing the same thing for Origins right? Making exclusive content for players who have a Twitch account or completing community challenges to unlock limited goodies. Keep in mind, in the near future players will be asking about these community challenge rewards for Origins someday and they will ask the same questions like I am.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Ubisoft, Unlock the following items in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

@MnemonicSyntax

Lol. I don't play PC. And rest assured, I will keep asking Ubisoft to make these award available. Let me make this clear, I have participated in these events, but only the whale hunting and social chests. I wasn't able to receive the other rewards because there were locked. And nobody told me these events were available when the game was launched.

MnemonicSyntax
12-20-2017, 06:42 PM
@MnemonicSyntax

Lol. I don't play PC.

Not sure what that has to do with anything?

And rest assured, I will keep asking Ubisoft to make these award available.

Kinda like you "asked" here:

Ubisoft, Unlock the following items in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Seems like a demand to me.

And rest assured, they will keep telling you no.

Let me make this clear, I have participated in these events, but only the whale hunting and social chests.

Let me make one thing clear, those are Social Events, not Community Challenges. They are not the same thing.

In CC, the community was tasked with various missions as a whole group, such as getting 50,000 kills combined across the community to unlock an item.

Therefore, you did not participate in Community Challenges, ergo you do not get the rewards that go with them.

I wasn't able to receive the other rewards because there were locked.

You weren't able to recieve those rewards because you didn't participate in the Community Challenges.

And nobody told me these events were available when the game was launched.

When the game launched, players recieced notifications through Uplay about the challenges if they played while the Challenges were occurring.

And, it was all over Social Media too.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-20-2017, 11:08 PM
@MnemonicSyntax
Are you finished?

How was I supposed to participate in the Community Challenges if the Community Challenges were already gone?

Therefore, I was never given the chance to participate in them. Having challenges such as these to promote a game is way more important to Ubisoft then to be able to make them available for everyone. Sounds like a dumb business move.

Btw, I've looked at all your comments on your page and you seem to be the type to criticize everyone who has a complaint. Keep complaining about telling me Ubisoft won't bring these challenges back. I'll still keep making posts about them. It must be hard for them to press a button in order to make them available to turn them on.

MnemonicSyntax
12-20-2017, 11:23 PM
@MnemonicSyntax
Are you finished?

How was I supposed to participate in the Community Challenges if the Community Challenges were already gone?

Therefore, I was never given the chance to participate in them. Having challenges such as these to promote a game is way more important to Ubisoft then to be able to make them available for everyone. Sounds like a dumb business move.

Btw, I've looked at all your comments on your page and you seem to be the type to criticize everyone who has a complaint. Keep complaining about telling me Ubisoft won't bring these challenges back. I'll still keep making posts about them. It must be hard for them to press a button in order to make them available to turn them on.

"Pressing a button" doesn't matter when the community has been told no.

You're not the first to do this. You can criticize Ubisoft and their business moves all day long yet there was no business tactic behind the community challenges, it was just bring the community together, which you were not part of at the time.

As for reading my profile, I respond to people who ask questions that have already been answered because they fail to read the FAQ, or I try to talk sense to them because they can't and won't take no for an answer.

Again, you're not the first and considering Ubisoft didn't unlock them upon the free release of Black Flag, then they certainly aren't going to do it now, despite a Ubisoft employee already telling the community that those items will remain locked.

You will continue your temper tantrum and nothing will come of it. Then, you'll give up and go cry about some other game.

I've seen it before and I'm advising you that you are just another whiny kid who doesn't understand that no means no and in turn, trying to save you time.

Did you see the pictures I posted by the way?
Nice, huh?

Jazz4Ever1929
12-21-2017, 12:01 AM
I believe it does matter when it comes to "pressing a button". Tell me, why is it they have the community challenges locked as of today? Do they lack resources into turning them back on? Do they not care about the items being unlocked for everyone?

"There was no business tactic behind the community challenges".

And yet in AC Origins there's Helix credits to purchase outfits with them and Helix Credits to purchase separately. There's your business tactic. How hard is it to make all content available for everyone in the game. Especially cutting content off from the main game in order to make a profit. But in this case they are part of the main game.

Don't forget the message they advertise, If you have a Twitch account, you'll be receiving the Augilar outfit! Oh, but wait! U have to subscribe to Twitch to receive the Aguilar outfit.

I hope you read my earlier comments that I've played most of the Assassin's Creed games this year. Keep in mind, I'm no "Whiny Kid". I'm an adult. Or are you the "Whiny Kid".

MnemonicSyntax
12-21-2017, 12:36 AM
I believe it does matter when it comes to "pressing a button". Tell me, why is it they have the community challenges locked as of today?

Because the Community Challenges were for a limited time only? What do you think that means? I seriously want to know because it's like you're not getting it.

Do they lack resources into turning them back on? Do they not care about the items being unlocked for everyone?

Neither. They care about the people that participated and earned them.

You're looking at this the wrong way. Your line of thinking is that they're trying to keep them from you and darnit! that's not fair!

Except the case is, they stated the events were limited time, they held the events and then they are finished. Others in the community in your same situation asked them to being them back and the response was the same. "It was a limited event and the items are locked, however those items do not count toward 100% completion of the game."

That's the end of that.

"There was no business tactic behind the community challenges".

And yet in AC Origins there's Helix credits to purchase outfits with them and Helix Credits to purchase separately.

This isn't Origins we're talking about, but Black Flag.

There's your business tactic. How hard is it to make all content available for everyone in the game.

Its not hard. Again you're looking at this the wrong way. They weren't meant to be boxed up and sold or they would have done it already. Its not fair to the people who participated to have thise items available yo everyone, even I'd they are sold.

Besides, my comment was about your original statement about having the community challenges to promote the game as a poor business tactic.

Especially cutting content off from the main game in order to make a profit. But in this case they are part of the main game.

It's not part of the main game. These items do NOT count toward the 100% completion rate.

Don't forget the message they advertise, If you have a Twitch account, you'll be receiving the Augilar outfit! Oh, but wait! U have to subscribe to Twitch to receive the Aguilar outfit.

Again, this is not Origins.

Protip: get a Twitch trial subscription, get the outfit et al and then cancel before the trial ends.

EZ

I hope you read my earlier comments that I've played most of the Assassin's Creed games this year.

And you are not the first to play the games after they released and you will not be the last, you also will not be the last to be told that certain events are timed and that wont change. End of discussion.

Keep in mind, I'm no "Whiny Kid". I'm an adult. Or are you the "Whiny Kid".

Are you telling me this for your own benefit? Do you need some sort of justification?

If so, prove it by acting. Not by telling.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-21-2017, 01:54 AM
You should comment less instead of repeating things from previous comments.

1. Just because the Community Challenges were for a limited time only, they also had the opportunity four years ago to make these Rewards available for everyone that didn't have a chance to participate in it.

2. If they really care about people then why not make the items available instead of being locked still? "They care about the people that participated and earned them." You sound like EA buddy. Sound familiar? Pride and Accomplishment. If I was allowed to participate and earn the Rewards then this'll be a whole other thing. But it is not.

3. "Your line of thinking is that they're trying to keep them from you and darnit! that's not fair!"

I did not say their trying to keep things from "Me" did I? I'm talking about Ubi keeping locked content from players such as me who'd want to see them returned so we can obtained them.

4. It doesn't matter, the CC Rewards should be treated fair from the Development team to the players and be obtained for every one who has played the game and weren'table to participate. And yes, there are others in the community in the same situation who has asked Ubi to bring them back and the response was the same. But it is not the end for that here.

It doesn't matter, Origins is an Assassin's Creed game that has exclusive content that is only available through different ways to unlock them.

Having the community challenges to promote the game might be a poor business tactic. But it's one way to have lots of people playing their game, since it did so well.

"Especially cutting content off from the main game in order to make a profit. But in this case they are part of the main game".

If they are part of the main game, then WHY are they still locked!

"And you are not the first to play the games after they released and you will not be the last, you also will not be the last to be told that certain events are timed and that wont change."

True, but events such as these should never be timed and therefore be unlocked for everyone as soon as the events are over. And I won't stop asking! End of discussion.

"Are you telling me this for your own benefit? Do you need some sort of justification? If so, prove it by acting. Not by telling."

Did I say this was beneficial to me only!? I stated before that this should be beneficial for everyone who has purchased the game after the CC were over and weren't able to unlock them.

I don't need to prove anything. I just told you didn't I? I'm an adult, that's it. End of story.
If I was a kid, I would simply start blurting out all capital words and all sorts of things. But I'm not going to do that here.

P.S.
Please fix your grammar in some of your words.

MnemonicSyntax
12-21-2017, 02:25 AM
You should comment less instead of repeating things from previous comments.

I am repeating them because you not getting it.

1. Just because the Community Challenges were for a limited time only, they also had the opportunity four years ago to make these Rewards available for everyone that didn't have a chance to participate in it.

Opportunity? They're Ubisoft. They can do what they want.

And what they want is to NOT allow them to be unlocked. Jaysus man, get it through your thick skull.

2. If they really care about people then why not make the items available instead of being locked still? "They care about the people that participated and earned them." You sound like EA buddy. Sound familiar? Pride and Accomplishment. If I was allowed to participate and earn the Rewards then this'll be a whole other thing. But it is not.

What? This just reads as " I didn't get the items because I missed out and if Ubisoft really cared, they'd make them available.

This isn't what LIMITED TIME means.

3. "Your line of thinking is that they're trying to keep them from you and darnit! that's not fair!"

I did not say their trying to keep things from "Me" did I? I'm talking about Ubi keeping locked content from players such as me who'd want to see them returned so we can obtained them.

So you... want the items and if you don't them, then its not fair to the people who didn't participate.

So... how is that different?

4. It doesn't matter, the CC Rewards should be treated fair from the Development team to the players and be obtained for every one who has played the game and weren'table to participate. And yes, there are others in the community in the same situation who has asked Ubi to bring them back and the response was the same. But it is not the end for that here.

See though, here's the thing. You think that. But you do not control Ubisoft or the CC's. Ubisoft does.

In this scenario, Ubisoft has said no.

Its the end, you just don't know it yet. :)

It doesn't matter, Origins is an Assassin's Creed game that has exclusive content that is only available through different ways to unlock them.

And yet, here is the big difference: In Black Flag, those events were for a limited time while there has been no such word in the events for Origins.

LIMITED TIME

Having the community challenges to promote the game might be a poor business tactic. But it's one way to have lots of people playing their game, since it did so well.

It wasn't a business tactic though! It was a series of events for the community! It was successful because the game had just released and the challenges were on-going and ran parallel with playing the game.

"Especially cutting content off from the main game in order to make a profit. But in this case they are part of the main game".

If they are part of the main game, then WHY are they still locked!

What? They ARE NOT part of the main game. They do not count toward 100% completion.

That's why they're still locked.

"And you are not the first to play the games after they released and you will not be the last, you also will not be the last to be told that certain events are timed and that wont change."

True, but events such as these should never be timed and therefore be unlocked for everyone as soon as the events are over. And I won't stop asking! End of discussion.

Again, that's not up to you. Its not the end of discussion until you get that.

"Are you telling me this for your own benefit? Do you need some sort of justification? If so, prove it by acting. Not by telling."

Did I say this was beneficial to me only!? I stated before that this should be beneficial for everyone who has purchased the game after the CC were over and weren't able to unlock them.

It's like reading isn't part of your basic skill set. That quote was in response to your need to tell me you're an adult.

I don't need to prove anything. I just told you didn't I? I'm an adult, that's it. End of story.
If I was a kid, I would simply start blurting out all capital words and all sorts of things. But I'm not going to do that here.

That.. doesn't even make sense. I called you a whiny kid because you're not going to stop with this ridiculous crusade even though Ubisoft has already said no. In the world of parenthood, when a kid is told no and they continue anyway, we call that a temper tantrum.

P.S.
Please fix your grammar in some of your words.

Spelling. Not grammar.

By the way, I'm responding to you via cell phone. Try not to become so desperate for a comeback insult that you're stooping so low to point out errors in my "grammar."

And, before you do that, learn how to use quote tags so your posts don't cone across as nonsensical.

My favorite thing about all this is that I started this by just stating what Ubisoft has said regarding the matter. I wasnt rude, and had no dog in this fight. You got bent out of shape over it, threw a hissy fir and so I've made it a point to revel in your lack of possession of community challenge items.

Its ironically rich!

TeeWin92
12-21-2017, 03:35 AM
Since there are some posts here claiming we don't "deserve" the awards because we didn't "earn" them. I would just like to add I bought this game at full price around release and unlocked all of the community challenges on the Xbox 360. However, I've since lost that save and no longer have the rewards. In addition, I've only recently gotten the pc version last year and I can't obtain the rewards. This is all despite the fact that I've bought the game twice, once at full price and put in the effort once to unlock the challenges. Due to this, I haven't bought an assassins creed game at any more than 50% off since AC4 (and I own all of them except Origins because it isn't 50% off yet) simply because I feel like they don't deserve my full price if they don't fully support their product. I'm just one paying customer so I guess I don't really matter but I'm just doing this because it's my money and I use it to support what I want. Just saying.

MnemonicSyntax
12-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Since there are some posts here claiming we don't "deserve" the awards because we didn't "earn" them. I would just like to add I bought this game at full price around release and unlocked all of the community challenges on the Xbox 360. However, I've since lost that save and no longer have the rewards. In addition, I've only recently gotten the pc version last year and I can't obtain the rewards. This is all despite the fact that I've bought the game twice, once at full price and put in the effort once to unlock the challenges. Due to this, I haven't bought an assassins creed game at any more than 50% off since AC4 (and I own all of them except Origins because it isn't 50% off yet) simply because I feel like they don't deserve my full price if they don't fully support their product. I'm just one paying customer so I guess I don't really matter but I'm just doing this because it's my money and I use it to support what I want. Just saying.

The rewards are tied to your UPlay account.

If that is two different accounts on PC vs. Console, then you won't have them.

I don't know the specifics of multi account system since I am strictly PC only, but I am sympathetic with your issue because you at least earned them already.

Big difference there.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-21-2017, 04:27 AM
I am repeating them because you not getting it

Repeat them as long as you like. I'll still keep asking.

Opportunity? They're Ubisoft. They can do what they want. And what they want is to NOT allow them to be unlocked. Jaysus man, get it through your thick skull.

And? Is that suppose to mean something? Keep trying to get it through my thick skull, it's not gonna work.

And yet, here is the big difference: In Black Flag, those events were for a limited time while there has been no such word in the events for Origins.
LIMITED TIME

And yet, the Rewards in Origins won't be available as soon as the hype train dies down. After all, it was just released. Which means it's only a matter of time before they lock the exclusive content that'll be made available to players. And soon, players who will buy this game in the near future will ask the same questions as I am today.

It was successful because the game had just released and the challenges were on-going and ran parallel with playing the game

As well as Origins, it is becoming successful as black flag was back in 2013.

In the world of parenthood, when a kid is told no and they continue anyway, we call that a temper tantrum.

Parenthood has nothing to do with anything in this thread. This is a gaming forum.

Spelling. Not grammar. By the way, I'm responding to you via cell phone. Try not to become so desperate for a comeback insult that you're stooping so low to point out errors in my "grammar." And, before you do that, learn how to use quote tags so your posts don't cone across as nonsensical. My favorite thing about all this is that I started this by just stating what Ubisoft has said regarding the matter. I wasnt rude, and had no dog in this fight. You got bent out of shape over it, threw a hissy fir and so I've made it a point to revel in your lack of possession of community challenge items. Its ironically rich!

Same here. Did I ever ask about being desperate for a response or an insult? I simply wrote "fix your grammar" because you had a couple of words that were misspelled. For saying something like "Get it through your thick skull" I take that as an insult. Am I suppose to find your last two sentences amusing as you claimed you have revealed my behavior towards this? Gmab. You haven't made any point towards this.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-21-2017, 04:29 AM
I don't know the specifics of multi account system since I am strictly PC only, but I am sympathetic with your issue because you at least earned them already.

Only a PC player would say that.

cawatrooper9
12-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone,

Let's keep respectful to each other and address the topic, not the poster.

Also, please continue with respectful discussion, but continually bumping this thread for the sake of bumping it could be considered spamming.

Thank you!

cawatrooper9

KowalskiGB
12-22-2017, 06:32 PM
I also got the game like a month ago. Not going to lie, i got it for free through the giveaway you guys did. I searched for community challenges throughout the internet only to discover that i won't be able to complete them nor unlock the rewards, as they are disabled for quite a long time. It kinda triggers my OCD that the rewards can't be collected from now on... I know it seems unfair to guys that earned them through completing challenges, but it is also unfair to others that weren't that lucky, since they got the game kinda late. Don't you think that we should have those rewards too?

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 06:43 PM
No.

I think you should reconsider the true definition of OCD and realize missing items in a video game that doesn't effect the 100% completion shows there is no correlation for "OCD."

The challenges were not that easy and in fact one week we failed them for the Explorer Outfit.

What I "think" isnt relative though, because Ubisoft has already posted about the matter. That message should be the end of the discussion, really.

KowalskiGB
12-22-2017, 07:10 PM
@MnemonicSyntax

Your saltiness and superiority stance should be the end of the discussion. I wonder though... How can you be such a crybaby at the moment, since you are the one denying things that you have no absolute power of denying... I really laughed at your answer...

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 07:41 PM
@MnemonicSyntax

Your saltiness and superiority stance should be the end of the discussion. I wonder though... How can you be such a crybaby at the moment, since you are the one denying things that you have no absolute power of denying... I really laughed at your answer...

Oh boy, here we go again.

I'm not salty. The point is, why make it any sort of challenge if Ubisoft had planned to give it all away later on.

That doesn't make any sense.

As for denying things, I'm not. I'm merely stating what Ubisoft already said in their FAQ regarding this matter.

The Challenges were limited time and the items remain locked.

Why people can't just accept that, from the source itself, is beyond me.

You asked if others should have the rewards too. I said no and I said why. You're the one that got bitter about it.

I'll let Cawatrooper know, maybe he will lock this one up for good.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Hey everyone,

Let's keep respectful to each other and address the topic, not the poster.

Also, please continue with respectful discussion, but continually bumping this thread for the sake of bumping it could be considered spamming.

Thank you!

cawatrooper9

Alright, thank you for stepping in!
I would also like to mention that I have not seen a poster anywhere? It's not showing anything like that on my phone or on my laptop when I view this forum.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 08:33 PM
@MnemonicSyntax

Didn't you read what @cawatrooper9 just said!? And if you think about him closing this thread. I will certainly make another one. Do not hesitate me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're making fun of somebody because of his mental health disorder (which he cannot help it). U should apologize to him.

KowalskiGB
12-22-2017, 08:45 PM
@Jazz4Ever1929
Thank's for backing me up dude... It's alright if he doesn't apologize. Just to clarify. I don't actually have OCD, i am just a perfectionist. But in any case, even if i had OCD i wouldn't mind for an apology from a bittered whiner. Seems that the fact he missed that explorer outfit hurts him for some reason and he keeps forgetting that if rewards are free for all he will get them too. Because... valve logic!!

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 08:55 PM
@MnemonicSyntax

Didn't you read what @cawatrooper9 just said!? And if you think about him closing this thread. I will certainly make another one. Do not hesitate me.

Actually, I called him here because you keep spamming. He deleted your other threads.

So I'm sure if you make another one that will get deleted too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're making fun of somebody because of his mental health disorder (which he cannot help it). U should apologize to him.

Very wrong.

OCD has become a buzzword that gets thrown around for a completionist. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is not the same thing by a long shot.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 09:00 PM
@KowalskiGB

No problem man. It's cool. To be honest, I have a disability. I'm a completionist on my part. For a game I paid for and to see things in the game not available to unlock because it was only for a limited time seems unfair to many players who have bought the game. Why is it so hard for them to simply unlock it for everyone, that's all. It's not so hard.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 09:10 PM
@Jazz4Ever1929
Thank's for backing me up dude... It's alright if he doesn't apologize. Just to clarify. I don't actually have OCD, i am just a perfectionist. But in any case, even if i had OCD i wouldn't mind for an apology from a bittered whiner. Seems that the fact he missed that explorer outfit hurts him for some reason and he keeps forgetting that if rewards are free for all he will get them too. Because... valve logic!!

Except, I have the Explorer Outfit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1237043660

Ubisoft had a second run right after the first which was still part of the time event. This was something that happened right after the first set of events completed and not something that happened "months later" in case anyone was getting their hopes up.

And I'm not bitter. This started with me advising people that Ubisoft hasn't unlocked them in the past and wont unlock them in the future, especially considering that the free game giveaway would have been a good time to do that and they still didn't.

Lastly all this is in the FAQ at the top of this forum section. I pointed this out to others that this is the officie word form Ubisoft and was met with pissy attitudes because "that's not an answer" even though again it came from Ubisoft themselves.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 09:12 PM
@MnemonicSyntax
Wow. So you felt that no matter how many times you had to repeat yourself to me. You had to call upon someone higher than you to come help you and take down my feedback.
Is that what you're going to do then? Keep on trolling other people like me and come ask someone to delete their threads.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 09:14 PM
@MnemonicSyntax
Wow. So you felt that no matter how many times you had to repeat yourself to me. You had to call upon someone higher than you to come help you and take down my feedback.
Is that what you're going to do then? Keep on trolling other people like me and come ask someone to delete their threads.

Spamming is against forum rules. Repeating the same thread multiple times is spam.

End of discussion.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Except, I have the Explorer Outfit.

Ubisoft had a second run right after the first which was still part of the time event. This was something that happened right after the first set of events completed and not something that happened "months later" in case anyone was getting their hopes up.

And I'm not bitter. This started with me advising people that Ubisoft hasn't unlocked them in the past and wont unlock them in the future, especially considering that the free game giveaway would have been a good time to do that and they still didn't.

Lastly all this is in the FAQ at the top of this forum section. I pointed this out to others that this is the officie word form Ubisoft and was met with pissy attitudes because "that's not an answer" even though again it came from Ubisoft themselves.

And you think just because you have the Explorer Outfit while many others who owned or bought the game after the Rewards were gone shouldn't have them!? You are literally inexcusable.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 09:24 PM
No. You just basically reported me just because I posted feedback on a discontinued community challenge to make them available for everyone. I call that a snitch.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 09:33 PM
And you think just because you have the Explorer Outfit while many others who owned or bought the game after the Rewards were gone shouldn't have them!? You are literally inexcusable.

Correct.

Ill repeat myself again.

1) you didn't participate. You should not be rewarded if you did not earn them.

2) Ubisoft already said NO. (That's the kicker)

No. You just basically reported me just because I posted feedback on a discontinued community challenge to make them available for everyone. I call that a snitch.

You spammed complaints on an issue that has been done to death and has multiple threads besides yours on the issue.

You are not getting your way here. Calling me snitch because you can't follow forum rules is your hang up (besides your inability to take no for an answer) not mine.

It starts with you, boyo. Be accountable for yourself. Don't blame others because you can't grasp that no means no.

KowalskiGB
12-22-2017, 09:55 PM
@MnemonicSyntax
Dude you can't even spell a sentence without calling names at someone and keep being arrogant. Now who do you think trolls and spams? Us or you? Plus we aren't being pushy. We stated opinions with points and facts, and you keep being bittery...

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Correct.

Ill repeat myself again.

1) you didn't participate. You should not be rewarded if you did not earn them.

2) Ubisoft already said NO. (That's the kicker)

You spammed complaints on an issue that has been done to death and has multiple threads besides yours on the issue.

You are not getting your way here. Calling me snitch because you can't follow forum rules is your hang up (besides your inability to take no for an answer) not mine.

It starts with you, boyo. Be accountable for yourself. Don't blame others because you can't grasp that no means no.

And I'm telling you "boyo", we weren't given the chance to participate because they shut us off. It's because of day one people like you who think that because you have a rare and explicit item. It wouldn't be fair for you guys if Ubisoft wanted to make these available for everyone else. I call that a load of crap.

It is not done to death. A lot of players like me have expressed their concerns for having these items made available to enjoy them. I do not care if they have low stats of what damage or combo they have. It's not the feeling of having acquired something that's rare. It's the feeling of having fun and to enjoy. How can others have that feeling if you're lowering the bar for others.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 10:11 PM
I don't know how else to put this. Ubisoft is the one that has the ability to change it but they haven't and they won't.

That's the end of it. They said no. Others have done what you're doing and it ended the same way. No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

It's like telling a child that wants a cookie "no" and they get upset until they get one. Except in this case, Ubi isn't giving in to the tantrum.

End of.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-22-2017, 10:53 PM
I don't know how else to put this. Ubisoft is the one that has the ability to change it but they haven't and they won't.

That's the end of it. They said no. Others have done what you're doing and it ended the same way. No.

It's like telling a child that wants a cookie "no" and they get upset until they get one. Except in this case, Ubi isn't giving in to the tantrum.

End of.

Then I don't know what to tell you other than "Yes". Correct, Ubisoft does have the ability to change it. Just because you say "No" does not guarantee Ubisoft will always say "No". For how long that is we'll never know :)

Did you really think that when Ubisoft said, "No", I'm supposed to stop asking them and to keep purchasing their product. No. Did I ever say anywhere that I won't be buying anymore of their games. No.

Keep in mind, when (Assassin's Creed) Unity was released. It caused a lot of controversy, as well as For Honor. You're telling me with the incidents that occurred with both games and the amount of players that were angry, Ubisoft could've done something about this before more controversy was added. From what I recalled. For Honor was about to have a boycott if Ubisoft didn't the address the issues the game was having. And what did they do...They didn't tell their fan's their a bunch of children and deal with it. They immediately took action and resulted in fixing the issues the game was having. They also apologized and sent a clear message to players about the criticism Unity received as well.

And in this case. I feel, as well as other players should feel that Ubisoft should take this into considering to fix this problem. Do not tell me Ubisoft will always say "No". Because they have made mistakes as well, such as this.

MnemonicSyntax
12-22-2017, 11:59 PM
Then I don't know what to tell you other than "Yes". Correct, Ubisoft does have the ability to change it. Just because you say "No" does not guarantee Ubisoft will always say "No". For how long that is we'll never know :)

Did you really think that when Ubisoft said, "No", I'm supposed to stop asking them and to keep purchasing their product. No. Did I ever say anywhere that I won't be buying anymore of their games. No.

Keep in mind, when (Assassin's Creed) Unity was released. It caused a lot of controversy, as well as For Honor. You're telling me with the incidents that occurred with both games and the amount of players that were angry, Ubisoft could've done something about this before more controversy was added. From what I recalled. For Honor was about to have a boycott if Ubisoft didn't the address the issues the game was having. And what did they do...They didn't tell their fan's their a bunch of children and deal with it. They immediately took action and resulted in fixing the issues the game was having. They also apologized and sent a clear message to players about the criticism Unity received as well.

And in this case. I feel, as well as other players should feel that Ubisoft should take this into considering to fix this problem. Do not tell me Ubisoft will always say "No". Because they have made mistakes as well, such as this.

Ubisoft will always say no for this scenario. Because that's what they've said about the issue.

For YEARS now.

Jazz4Ever1929
12-23-2017, 12:16 AM
Ubisoft can't say no for a long time. I say this because of this issue. It's only been four years. You make it seem like it's an old game, which is barely the case.

cawatrooper9
12-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Listen up-

The other threads were deleted because they were duplicates of this issue, created by the same user. That is absolutely spam.

Again, I appreciate the passion that both of you have, but it seems that you're at an impasse right now. Currently, Ubisoft's answer does seem to be that these challenges will no longer be supported. However, there's nothing at all wrong with a user asking for that to be reconsidered.

I expect everyone to be respectful in any continuation of this discussion, to avoid further action being taken.

Thanks!

Jazz4Ever1929
12-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Can it only be one thread that can be based on one topic then?

Scarday
12-24-2017, 05:21 AM
I don't know if The Issue can be Solved...but I have searched for Gun Bullets for about 3 Ship Battles!...you can put on store, or friend..or a search time for bodies..!

Btw...whilst we talk challenge, Man o war was the one!

Kornflaked
12-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the world of Ubisoft games, having recently purchased a PS4 Pro. Having completed the single player Black Flag campaigns, I would very much recommend that Ubisoft update the game to either give us a way to earn the initiates and community rewards or just give them out. I support the chorus of voices who are giving feedback that this should be done. Not being able to complete everything in the game hurts the likelihood that I would want to become a fan of the entire series. To make a few points: For those of us that play in the style of 100% completion, this goes against the very thing that draws us to these games. I would be very much drawn to the idea of completing 100% of all the games from the very start of the series to today. Trying to understand the things that are unlockable or the things that are not unlockable because they are bugged is also an additional weight.

Thanks!

MnemonicSyntax
12-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the world of Ubisoft games, having recently purchased a PS4 Pro. Having completed the single player Black Flag campaigns, I would very much recommend that Ubisoft update the game to either give us a way to earn the initiates and community rewards or just give them out. I support the chorus of voices who are giving feedback that this should be done. Not being able to complete everything in the game hurts the likelihood that I would want to become a fan of the entire series. To make a few points: For those of us that play in the style of 100% completion, this goes against the very thing that draws us to these games. I would be very much drawn to the idea of completing 100% of all the games from the very start of the series to today. Trying to understand the things that are unlockable or the things that are not unlockable because they are bugged is also an additional weight.

Thanks!

This is a moot point because the items do not count against the 100% completion.

Secondly, even if the challenges/items were unlocked there are items from other promotions that won't be unlocked. The MacFarlane figures and the Dr. Pepper promotion are an example of this.

Either way, none of them count toward the 100% completion rate.

strizhenov90
12-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Hello, everyone, and Happy Holidays!
I was wondering if anyone would know the answer to this one - which version of Black Flag was recently given away by Ubi, standard or deluxe? Just curious.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if the thread is not 100% relevant, but I didn't feel it meaningful to open a new one just for this one minor thing, and I couldn't find an existing, appropriate one either.

Atherean
12-31-2017, 10:22 AM
i also REALLY want these items to be available again, i have asked ubisoft multiple times now and they seem to just not care about what people think and don't want to toggle a simple switch to unlock these items.

Tituspro1
01-03-2018, 12:02 AM
hi ubisoft!
i hope you'll see this message
i beg you make avalable the promotional,initiates and community challenges items for AC4
make a pack or something plssszz
thank you:Titus

Tituspro1
01-03-2018, 12:05 AM
i like your Beyond good&evil profile photo <3

MnemonicSyntax
01-03-2018, 02:41 AM
i also REALLY want these items to be available again, i have asked ubisoft multiple times now and they seem to just not care about what people think and don't want to toggle a simple switch to unlock these items.

Why do people think it's a "simple switch?"

hi ubisoft!
i hope you'll see this message
i beg you make avalable the promotional,initiates and community challenges items for AC4
make a pack or something plssszz
thank you:Titus

Ubisoft has already said the items remain locked in the FAQ for the free release of Black Flag.

In addition, even if the challenge items are released, the promotional items probably won't ever be. Generally, companies strike up licensed promotional deals that are exclusive to that company for those items, such as Monster with Origins, or MacFarlane with Black Flag. Those exclusive deals remain that way and after the promotional period is over, the companies retain those rights.

This isn't always true, but it's highly doubtful that those items will just be released.

As for the Initiate items, Initiates is gone, for good. This could also be why the challenge items aren't being released either.

Ripeos
01-03-2018, 03:36 AM
Not to write a bible now, no mood, and my opinions obviously don't matter..anw, I do agree such community items should be available to everyone. I mean, the game is alive, the game is played, especially if you give it away, then give it away.. Why not make some sort of a challenge for anyone who plays in any year, to give them a chance to earn it fairly. I don't even want them for free, but I want a chance as well. Not the figurine items (which had to be bought..obvious reasons), but the community challenge rewards...Personally I don't see why not, since there is obviously interest for them.

Now, the main question basically.. Why do you guys keep triggering on this guy, who is obviously bored out of his mind, if he has absolutely no power to pursue your agenda? He can't bring the items to you, only thing he can do is get off on necro posting and stress you out lol Ignore, chill and try to reach people with some actual influence...
Cheers

MnemonicSyntax
01-03-2018, 04:21 AM
Not to write a bible now, no mood, and my opinions obviously don't matter..anw, I do agree such community items should be available to everyone. I mean, the game is alive, the game is played, especially if you give it away, then give it away.. Why not make some sort of a challenge for anyone who plays in any year, to give them a chance to earn it fairly. I don't even want them for free, but I want a chance as well. Not the figurine items (which had to be bought..obvious reasons), but the community challenge rewards...Personally I don't see why not, since there is obviously interest for them.

Because the community challenges were a certain number of specific kills by the community. Those challenges were tied to the Initiate program, which no longer exists.

Therefore there isn't a way to track the same challenges without some sort of linking method. Initiates did that, so they'd have to most likely write a new way to track each account on each version of each playable system, in which there are five for.

Origins did the same thing with the Trial of the Gods, and people are still not getting their rewards from that, so a copy and paste isn't the solution.

try to reach people with some actual influence...

People of influence have already said the items will remain locked but do not count toward the 100% completion rate of the game. It's in the stickied thread at the top of this forum section.

This sticky post was added specifically for the free release of Black Flag.

It seems that people continue to miss it.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1805232-PC-Assassin-s-Creed-VI-Black-Flag-Frequently-Asked-Questions

sun41KA
01-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Please include community events. I have two unlocked things.

sun41KA
01-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Theoretically, support can unlock them on your account?

sun41KA
01-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Hi Jazz!

While the Community Events were available for a limited time (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/902053-ACIV-BF-Community-Events-Schedule), we appreciate your feedback.

I ask you, do something with these events and getting things in the game. Sorry for my English.

sun41KA
01-09-2018, 10:41 PM
Why did you cancel the events ?? Why can't I collect all the things from the collection? Answer the question!
Why can not you do DLC or hot fix for this?

MnemonicSyntax
01-10-2018, 02:44 AM
Why did you cancel the events ??

They were not cancelled. They were only for a limited time. That time is over now.

Why can't I collect all the things from the collection?

Because, they were for a limited time only.

Answer the question!

Ubisoft has stated that the events are over and the items remain locked. You can find that post here:

Why can not you do DLC or hot fix for this?

Because they were rewards for the community completing the challenges. Giving them away isn't fair to those who worked to complete the challenges.

And it was a limited time, the event was over four years ago.

sun41KA
01-10-2018, 10:42 AM
They were not cancelled. They were only for a limited time. That time is over now.

Because, they were for a limited time only.

Ubisoft has stated that the events are over and the items remain locked. You can find that post here:

Because they were rewards for the community completing the challenges. Giving them away isn't fair to those who worked to complete the challenges.

And it was a limited time, the event was over four years ago.

I completed several tasks. I have three items left for the entire collection. Pistols flint, sails and swords persian. Where did they warn that they would not conduct further activities? I'm looking at the theme below for the Unity game. With the same problems. Guys once again sorry for English, it's hard for me to express my emotions

sun41KA
01-10-2018, 10:53 AM
I called the Russian tech support. They, too, said so: "The events operated for a limited time." Where was it said that there will not be any? I was sick very much and had not had time to complete everything, I'm a fan of AC 4 and I'm very upset, very

sun41KA
01-28-2018, 05:49 AM
up

MnemonicSyntax
01-31-2018, 02:07 AM
up

Do not bump a thread needlessly. It is considered spam.

Venger_0
02-23-2018, 03:15 AM
After working through ACIV to complete the game to find I'll never have a chance to play the game with the community event rewards is extremely frustrating and unleashes the OCD in me as the game remains incomplete besides the 100% progress tracker and now I want to raise my voice here to UbiSoft to release these elements. As for those that worked hard to get these originally when the events were running, releasing would not in any way diminish their accomplishments, as I'm sure they've moved on to the next great AC world, I can not.
I'm not sure why UbiSoft would punish players and sell a game that has unavailable elements, being available for a limited time years before I had a chance to participate doesn't help me resolve this issue.
If UbiSoft won't release these elements then maybe they should be removed from the game when the event is over, if I didn't know they exist then I wouldn't be online requesting them.
Why Ubisoft? Why won't you release the rewards?

Thanks for the original post.

sun41KA
02-25-2018, 07:33 PM
After working through ACIV to complete the game to find I'll never have a chance to play the game with the community event rewards is extremely frustrating and unleashes the OCD in me as the game remains incomplete besides the 100% progress tracker and now I want to raise my voice here to UbiSoft to release these elements. As for those that worked hard to get these originally when the events were running, releasing would not in any way diminish their accomplishments, as I'm sure they've moved on to the next great AC world, I can not.
I'm not sure why UbiSoft would punish players and sell a game that has unavailable elements, being available for a limited time years before I had a chance to participate doesn't help me resolve this issue.
If UbiSoft won't release these elements then maybe they should be removed from the game when the event is over, if I didn't know they exist then I wouldn't be online requesting them.

You're right brother, I do not understand either. Ubisoft !!! Make a patch to unlock
!!

MnemonicSyntax
02-25-2018, 10:11 PM
Ubisoft has stated the rewards and events remain locked.

Stop needlessly bumping this thread. Ubi already has already commented on it.

MnemonicSyntax
02-25-2018, 10:20 PM

Uh.. it would diminish our accomplishments because we earned the rewards doing the events and you want them just given to you without doing the events themselves.

You guys are seeing this as a punishment. It's not. The events and rewards were a bonus.

Just because you missed out doesn't mean you're being singled out or being punished.

As for "OCD" people throw that around and yet it's a lame excuse, especially considering you wouldn't be able to get every reward even if Ubisoft unlocked the Community Challenge rewards because there are other rewards they won't unlock that are tied to partners like Dr. Pepper and Schick that expired years ago.

So either way, your "OCD" won't get you everything.

MoobooMagoo
02-25-2018, 10:39 PM
The promotional items are a bit different. Ubisoft isn't waggling them in our faces going "you can't get this you can't get this"

But if you're fun is somehow invalidated by someone else getting the items without doing the challenges, then Ubisoft should just reactivate the challenges. Everybody wins.

MnemonicSyntax
02-26-2018, 05:46 AM
The promotional items are a bit different. Ubisoft isn't waggling them in our faces going "you can't get this you can't get this"

But if you're fun is somehow invalidated by someone else getting the items without doing the challenges, then Ubisoft should just reactivate the challenges. Everybody wins.

I wasn't aware Ubisoft was waggling the Community Challenge rewards in people's faces either?

And sure, reactivating the challenges would work. Except that they were posted to be a limited time. And, Ubisoft said they're not coming back.

So I guess if anyone is waggling anything in front of people's faces... it's the people who keep doing it to themselves when we've already got a definitive answer on the topic?

Uggggghhhhhh
06-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Ubisoft if you would at least consider removing the black flag community items that say they can be unlocked so that many more people will stop wondering about them

sal880612m
07-12-2018, 02:44 AM
I recently got into Assassin's Creed because I picked up the Ezio Collection and I really liked it, So I picked up Black Flag and Syndicate as well however this issue has left me disappointed. I could honestly care less about the items being locked as they don't count towards completion. What does bug me is having them still be visible (well, that and the lack of a large disclaimer saying the game has content that can only be accessed if you bought it right away), it reeks of consumer manipulation. It's like saying if you don't buy the next game right away and pay full price we'll do it again. I had been considering getting Origins once I completed Syndicate, but I'm only half-way through Black Flag right now and I'm trying to play in order as much as I can, I had even considered grabbing the remaster of Rogue but maybe instead I'll just never buy another. Truth be told I didn't really like Revelations and while Black Flag has some charm to it, it really does feel like it's all downhill after Brotherhood. I'll have to take some time to think about it.

MnemonicSyntax
07-17-2018, 02:07 AM
I recently got into Assassin's Creed because I picked up the Ezio Collection and I really liked it, So I picked up Black Flag and Syndicate as well however this issue has left me disappointed. I could honestly care less about the items being locked as they don't count towards completion. What does bug me is having them still be visible (well, that and the lack of a large disclaimer saying the game has content that can only be accessed if you bought it right away), it reeks of consumer manipulation. It's like saying if you don't buy the next game right away and pay full price we'll do it again. I had been considering getting Origins once I completed Syndicate, but I'm only half-way through Black Flag right now and I'm trying to play in order as much as I can, I had even considered grabbing the remaster of Rogue but maybe instead I'll just never buy another. Truth be told I didn't really like Revelations and while Black Flag has some charm to it, it really does feel like it's all downhill after Brotherhood. I'll have to take some time to think about it.

FYI, all AC games are like that in regards to older messages that are no longer applicable.

Not making excuses for them, but it's something that is in most every game. "Stay tuned for more adventures in London!" Or "More content coming soon" or " Access Initiates!" I love AC2's "tune in to E3, coming soon" or something like that.

It's pretty par the course and would need to be patched out.

zurieee
08-13-2018, 11:45 PM
I don't usually post on the forums but as a long time fan and completionist of Assassin's creed since the very first game, I think it would be really awesome if Ubisoft could release the remaining community challenge items via a dlc or something. I understand that it would be a bother and that we're not entitled to it since the post they had long ago about the 'last community challenges'. But I think it would really be such a nice gesture for the players who still play the game. Not hoping for much but please Ubisoft!

DarkDragonAC
08-27-2018, 04:13 PM
They could do it as apology for breaking DLC with their latest update (no sound of certain weapons in Freedom Cry, no more access to DLC islands and chests), although there is always a way to unlock them through Cheat Engine.

cawatrooper9
08-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Reminder that discussion of cheats or exploits is not permitted here.

Thanks!

DarkDragonAC
08-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Reminder that cheats are literally in the game.

No problem! Just fix the game already!

danny0517
09-13-2018, 05:42 AM
Looking for social chest for a week ....... nothing I can find. help me.....

danny0517

PostTower
09-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Hello,

I thought I'll add my opinion to this thread because I was pretty much annoyed about being permanently barred from the community challenge rewards.

First things first: Yes, I read that Ubisoft cancelled community challenges, that they were just available for a limited amount of time and that the rewards will be permanently blocked forever. I read this text and I understood its meaning.

BUT: I don't accept that. I join those users asking for new challenges or some other solution to unlock these rewards. I would even go with these greyed-out menu entries being removed if not unlocked.

Being able to finish the game to 100% progression is not everything. If there is a permanently greyed-out entry in the list of items, there is something left. You might have finished the game at 100%, but its not the same. It is not finished after all since there is still something missing.

Those who unlocked all of these items should ask themselves if they're actually allowed to post here. You bought the game in time and you unlocked these items. Fine. Glad you managed to do it. Glad you really finished everything the game has to offer. That is nice. I want to be able to do the same.

By the way, telling others to literally shut their mouth and accept it - or even worse - learn to read, accept it and then shut their mouth, is not okay. And a five years old game is not what I and many, many others call an old game. Assassin's Creed 1 might be an older game. Or better: Tomb Raider IV. But not AC4.

I ask the Ubisoft team to do something about that matter. Either patch it up, make three uPlay rewards out of it (which might automatically unlock if you already collected the reward through community rewards), allow for another round of community rewards with realistic objectives that can be fulfilled in the year 2018 or even remove the greyed-out entries without unlocking them so it feels finished and done after all. It seriously affects the gaming experience if there is something permanently unfinished.

Locopells
09-22-2018, 08:57 AM
The one hope on this topic is that the remasters are creeping towards ACIV - should one come along they may reactivate the community events, given their ongoing success in ACO.

That;s just my opinion however, I haven't heard anything either way on the subject.

PostTower
09-24-2018, 08:16 AM
The one hope on this topic is that the remasters are creeping towards ACIV

That would be a nice idea. I like when "older" games get remastered since I support preservation of old games for the future. Sadly the remastered versions of the AC games done so far aren't available for PC. Since I am a strict PC-only gamer (with PC hardware better than PS4), I would really appreciate these remastered games to be available for PC aswell. I wonder why they aren't.

Locopells
09-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Most likely because the PC version outstrip the consoles by default (particularly once they started partnering with Nvidia).

GirlWithaTardis
10-19-2018, 12:40 AM
I saw someone mention that your access to community challenge rewards was linked/synced with your Uplay account, is this true?

I lost my original single player save with the rewards unlocked around the time they shut off Initiates, now I'm going back to the game obviously I'd like my rewards back too. My Uplay and PSN accounts have all stayed the same throughout, and I'm using the PS3 version of the game if that helps.

Is there something I'm missing, some option or command, to make my single player save sync up with any progress tied to my Uplay account?

PostTower
11-13-2018, 07:32 PM
I saw someone mention that your access to community challenge rewards was linked/synced with your Uplay account, is this true?

It should be true for as far as I know. It is linked to the uPlay account and once it is unlocked, it stays unlocked for as long as you use the same uPlay account, even now where the community challenges are gone. Maybe you can actually unlock it by sending a specific command to the uPlay server and tell that you just finished a "challenge" - thus enabling the reward. But that is most-likely against the rules and I also dont know if it can be done that easily. Neither do I like this idea. Ubisoft should provide a "legal" way to unlock these rewards instead. They've done that for so many other rewards such as pre-order bonuses and other stuff (so you're already doing pretty well, Ubi!), yet I wonder why they don't do it for the community challenge rewards aswell.

Sef1n
11-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Its old game they are not going to waste resources for a few fans. I would love to see support for older titles but thats not going to happen.

PostTower
11-19-2018, 10:27 AM
Its old game they are not going to waste resources for a few fans. I would love to see support for older titles but thats not going to happen.

It seems that Ubisoft is aware of fans who like to play the "older" games - simply because they still offer these games and their uPlay challenges and rewards online. Or a patch for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood from 2017 which unlocks the Copernicus Conspiracy DLC for PC gamers. That was pretty nice (although they didnt unlock the Medici and Venetian cape in the process). I don't think that these resources have been wasted. A lot of people who just enter the Assassin's Creed franchise in 2018 also often buy the older games too.