PDA

View Full Version : What Determines Bot Level

pure_energist
04-18-2017, 02:35 AM
I play AI for the orders only, but when I do It seems like the bots are only lvl 2 or lower and the majority of the teams I'm on demolish them. Since this is only for orders it isn't a bad thing to finish the matches quickly; HOWEVER, I would enjoy some challenge now and then. This leads me to wondering what exactly determines a bot lvl before matches. Is it a cumulative level of the team? I'd like to know so that presumably 3 months from now when the majority of the player base has leveled characters above 10 will that mean we'll see more level 3 bots in matches? Will that mean starting characters may face level 3 bots( since we are matched with high level players anyway) or is it the level score of the player and not the character that is looked at?

Xinlyfenne.YT
04-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Bots are based on MMR. If you are not good, your adversary will be level 1. Very good, and it will be a level 3.
Your MMR is based on PVP modes. Which ones in particular, I do not know.

For example, let's say you are decent against players. Your MMR equates you to a 'level 2 bot'. In PVE, you will always be matched with a level 2 bot. If you are alone, with three bots on your team, all bots on your team and the enemy team will be level 2 bots.

Let's say you have a full team, but someone disconnects. The bot that replaces that person will be matched to their MMR. If he had 'level 2' MMR, he will be replaced by a level 2 bot. The game does this so it's fair according to player skill level. So the bot won't suck too much if the player was good, or be too good when the player was bad,

Reputation levels do not count. I know this because of myself. When I started this game, I played some PVP matches, and lost countless times. After such a bad experience, I stopped playing PVP altogether. I barely have any games in PVP; but even so, it still counts my WR for my MMR. With my MMR, at rep. 14, I face mostly level 1 bots. Now, this is a big problem for me, as I'm really good against every bot level, but since I don't play PVP (pretty sure I would still suck at it), my MMR is still super low. I am left destroying the level 1 and 2 bots I face. It does get boring... until that pro pvp'er comes in and brings in the level three bots with them.

G0dzBlaze
04-18-2017, 06:47 AM
If i put the matchmaking off and do a solo 4v4 match ( me + 7 ai ) i get a full lobby of bot level 3 which is insane tbh. Sometimes its fun but sometimes its a real pain in the *** i can tell you that

Haplo_Bane
04-18-2017, 07:13 AM
Ditto.But I don't want them change that bit.Even though they can make me sooo mad.

Isenhauwer
04-18-2017, 07:38 AM
An option to choose your ai adversary (1 bot) would be a nice addition to the pve part. Maby something along map vote between sessions.