PDA

View Full Version : Authentic WWII pilot training videos to watch free online!!

taiterbud
07-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Well I'm glad the 51 discussion is still going, I find all that stuff very interesting. I dont know if people have already seen this, but I stumbled over this website showing original WWII trainging videos that they showed the pilots during their initial training. I've only watched the P-47 and P-51 videos but the P-47 one is awsome. It actually goes through the checklists and operating procedures! Anyway, along with the videos it has a bunch of extra stuff like performance charts and power setting charts. All this stuff is very intresting for me I guess because I am a comercial pilot and I have felt a real lack of info in flying these birds in FB. You know flying an airplane is much more a procedure than most people think. There are MP settings, RPM settings, Mixture adjustments for each phase of flight as recommended by the manufacturer. I found the charts on the site very helpfull for that info. (example: P-51 landing, RPM=2500, MAP never below 25, mixture autorich.....etc.) Let me know what you guys think, and again I recommend the P-47 video its awsome!

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/main.html

[This message was edited by taiterbud on Fri July 09 2004 at 12:20 PM.]

taiterbud
07-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Well I'm glad the 51 discussion is still going, I find all that stuff very interesting. I dont know if people have already seen this, but I stumbled over this website showing original WWII trainging videos that they showed the pilots during their initial training. I've only watched the P-47 and P-51 videos but the P-47 one is awsome. It actually goes through the checklists and operating procedures! Anyway, along with the videos it has a bunch of extra stuff like performance charts and power setting charts. All this stuff is very intresting for me I guess because I am a comercial pilot and I have felt a real lack of info in flying these birds in FB. You know flying an airplane is much more a procedure than most people think. There are MP settings, RPM settings, Mixture adjustments for each phase of flight as recommended by the manufacturer. I found the charts on the site very helpfull for that info. (example: P-51 landing, RPM=2500, MAP never below 25, mixture autorich.....etc.) Let me know what you guys think, and again I recommend the P-47 video its awsome!

http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/main.html

ddsflyer
07-09-2004, 01:27 PM
An outfit called "Roaring Glory" has videos including modern day flight as well as WW2 training video footage of numerous A/C including; P-38, P-40, P-47, P-51, F6F, F4U, B-25, B-17 and A6M. I have all these on either laserdisc or DVD.

P4 3.4GHz Northwood
Intel D875PBZ
ATI Radeon X800XT PT
1.0GB Kingston HyperX PC3200
W.D. Dual 80GB SATA RAID
Plextor PX-708A
Lite-On 52x
Creative Audigy2 ZS
NEC FP2141SB

Waldo.Pepper
07-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Download them and watch them later.

pcisbest
07-10-2004, 03:02 AM
Funny, I remember asking in here why I couldnt adjust my mixture and supercharger settings on the P-47, and a bunch of people told me it was "automatic", yeah, well not according to those P-47 training films.

BTW would be cool if in the future we had to do all the little controls like irl such as flipping the electric switches and operating the oil cooler and/or intercooler controls, but I guess not enough keys on a keyboard for all of that! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif