PDA

View Full Version : How much steel will the new heroes cost each

cragar212
04-18-2017, 01:14 AM
Poll ---^

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 01:16 AM
Well, the new ornaments are 7k...so i would guess about 15k/e.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 01:18 AM
I would be astonished if they were anything less than 15k and would not be shock if they were over 20k

cragar212
04-18-2017, 01:19 AM
First attempt at making a poll. Managed to post thread before poll somehow lol.

Yeah im guessing 15 - 20. Gotta pay the bills

teksuo1
04-18-2017, 01:24 AM
zero if you own the season pass ; afaik

cragar212
04-18-2017, 01:25 AM
zero if you own the season pass ; afaik

Yes free for pass holders. Steel for rest

Herbstlicht
04-18-2017, 02:02 AM
Hmm, 30k? Would equal 2 mythic outfits. With only 2 new heros .. well, guess everyone could get them with season arrival if not too much steel got spend on cosmetics and gear.
Season pass would be worth pretty much this way too, so more people might buy it. However, people will dislike it. Well, they will dislike everything but stuff being handed .. maybe it is more about the question if this might get negative press or not.

Cuz this game could need some good press already ...

pure_energist
04-18-2017, 02:53 AM
[Old Man Rant] So many people are complaining about Greed when these new characters are FREE! Yes it requires in game currency; but this is currency that is easily gained; especially with the new increase in orders and the challenges that provide 2000 steel. This to me is sadly another reflection of a society entirely spoiled by instant gratification and the lack of maturity to know how to manage "money". If you're upset at a high character price, one I expect to fall within the 20-25k range then you need to reflect on what you've spent this currency on already and decide if they were worthy purchases. If you want it all and all for free then what incentive do you have to play for currency?! I enjoy earning the currency, spending it when I absolutely feel the purchase is one I will enjoy, and fully expect that I may have to wait a little longer then others if I havn't saved up enough once new items/characters are released. ITS not ruining my experience having to wait and earn the currency, it enhances it because once I have the amount I have pride in purchasing the item. As an old boy gamer in my 30's I appreciate the value of work and earning paychecks. I'm not rich so I know I have to limit what I spend real money on, and if I want something expensive I have to work hard at saving for it. So, please attempt to not behave like entitled spoiled brats and accept life isn't about handing you everything right when you want it. Thank You Ubi for making this DLC Free!! Thank you Ubi for providing shortcuts to this content by allowing me to spend actual earned money should I decide my money is better spent on a shortcut then another consumer item. I greatly enjoy your game and do not intend to stop playing anytime soon; therefore, I feel comfortable earning your in game currency bit by bit and appreciate that there are rewards to work towards.

bmason1000
04-18-2017, 03:01 AM
That guy gets it. No sarcasm, thumbs up dude.

pancakerz
04-18-2017, 04:48 AM
pure_energist knows what's up.
My personal estimate is that they will cost 25k, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them priced at plus or minus 5k from that. Even 35k wouldn't surprise me, but I don't think they would go that high.

But ever since I saw the leaks, i started saving steel for one of the new heroes that I'm hyped for. Yes I wanted the orochi executions, but I would rather save that 7 grand, and if I don't need it to buy the hero, I can at least buy an emote for the new hero. With all of the steel I've saved, I could buy champion status for 6 months, in fact I'm nearly able to purchase it for a year. Just goes to show what a little bit of smart saving can do. I've also saved up every single loot crate. In fact I could probably get a couple more if I went through the story mode again with a fine tooth comb for those collectibles.

cragar212
04-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Hmm, 30k? Would equal 2 mythic outfits. With only 2 new heros .. well, guess everyone could get them with season arrival if not too much steel got spend on cosmetics and gear.
Season pass would be worth pretty much this way too, so more people might buy it. However, people will dislike it. Well, they will dislike everything but stuff being handed .. maybe it is more about the question if this might get negative press or not.

Cuz this game could need some good press already ...

Heh if they are to cheap season pass holders will rage. To expensive everyone else will.

Draghmar
04-18-2017, 01:57 PM
What's the reason for this poll? You're asking us how much we think new classes should cost? Because clearly you're not going to get any valuable info form this.
Or maybe you want to gamble a little? :P

cragar212
04-18-2017, 02:05 PM
What's the reason for this poll? You're asking us how much we think new classes should cost? Because clearly you're not going to get any valuable info form this.
Or maybe you want to gamble a little? :P

Hmm just for fun to see what everyone thinks they are going to cost. Sorry! Wow! Sorry!

Oni-Nikuya
04-18-2017, 02:07 PM
I bought the CE and I'll get mine for free...that said, in my opinion, Ubisoft, you should not be charging more than 500 steel to unlock characters as that is what you charged to unlock the original ones. If there were no additional unlock costs for characters that were part of the base game in the first place I might get behind having an inflated cost on par with the cosmetic items, but the precedent is set and characters and maps do not constitute vanity purchases so...stick to 500 steel, kay?

Prophit618
04-18-2017, 02:19 PM
First off, Pure_Energist, slow clap for you. Couldn't agree more.

I bought the CE and I'll get mine for free...that said, in my opinion, Ubisoft, you should not be charging more than 500 steel to unlock characters as that is what you charged to unlock the original ones. If there were no additional unlock costs for characters that were part of the base game in the first place I might get behind having an inflated cost on par with the cosmetic items, but the precedent is set and characters and maps do not constitute vanity purchases so...stick to 500 steel, kay?

I totally get the logic in this, but as Cragar212 pointed out, if they do that then it ends up feeling a bit abusive to some of the Season Pass holders. The week early access is cool and all of that, but if the characters cost so little to unlock, then they're being free to pass holders is effectively meaningless. Given that's one of the biggest selling points of the pass (for me anyway), I can't imagine they'll do that.

15-20K is my guess.

Herbstlicht
04-18-2017, 02:22 PM
500 steel? I really don't think so. More then everything else, people will want those new heros. For nothing else, they will spend as much on. So i can't imagine a decision that isn't business-driven.

Oni-Nikuya
04-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Eh, if you're getting the free mythic outfits for each class, which is what, 15000 steel? Not that they're necessarily worth it but it think the fake steel value is still there.

...and I'm not saying that's what they WILL cost, but that's what they SHOULD cost.

Blasto95
04-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Eh, if you're getting the free mythic outfits for each class, which is what, 15000 steel? Not that they're necessarily worth it but it think the fake steel value is still there.

...and I'm not saying that's what they WILL cost, but that's what they SHOULD cost.

It seems very similar to the Rainbow Six Siege model. The beginning characters were all very cheap, but with each new expansion or DLC the new operators were 25k and still are. They NEED an incentive for people to buy the season pass. It may sound greedy to you, but thats business. One thing I have to hand to Ubisoft, I like their model of expansions and DLC much better than mast if not all companies. Most make you buy the season pass or each individual DLC to access the content at all. At least they make it available in someway. Which would you rather or do you beleive businesses should just not make money?

Rolingachu
04-18-2017, 04:28 PM

DrinkinMehStella
04-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Zero, i think they will be a micro transaction.

KotoKuraken
04-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Zero to play. All heroes are free to play. To unlock for customization, I'm guessing as low as 500, max would be like 1500

Karma_Ghost
04-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Zero, i think they will be a micro transaction.
http://blog.ubi.com/honor-season-pass-free-post-launch-content-revealed/

"In addition to the Season Pass content, For Honor will feature free downloadable content that will be released over the course of the three seasons. This content includes new maps, modes, and gear that will be available to all players, but Season Pass owners will have an early access period for some elements of this content as well."

Blasto95
04-18-2017, 08:05 PM
Zero to play. All heroes are free to play. To unlock for customization, I'm guessing as low as 500, max would be like 1500

I think they should continue the ability to play the character to try them out but not customize. But if you play only 1v1 and 2v2, then there is absolutely no point in buying them at all. Maybe a game or time limit restriction to how long you can try them?

m3gas_
04-18-2017, 08:12 PM
[Old Man Rant] So many people are complaining about Greed when these new characters are FREE! Yes it requires in game currency; but this is currency that is easily gained; especially with the new increase in orders and the challenges that provide 2000 steel. This to me is sadly another reflection of a society entirely spoiled by instant gratification and the lack of maturity to know how to manage "money". If you're upset at a high character price, one I expect to fall within the 20-25k range then you need to reflect on what you've spent this currency on already and decide if they were worthy purchases. If you want it all and all for free then what incentive do you have to play for currency?! I enjoy earning the currency, spending it when I absolutely feel the purchase is one I will enjoy, and fully expect that I may have to wait a little longer then others if I havn't saved up enough once new items/characters are released. ITS not ruining my experience having to wait and earn the currency, it enhances it because once I have the amount I have pride in purchasing the item. As an old boy gamer in my 30's I appreciate the value of work and earning paychecks. I'm not rich so I know I have to limit what I spend real money on, and if I want something expensive I have to work hard at saving for it. So, please attempt to not behave like entitled spoiled brats and accept life isn't about handing you everything right when you want it. Thank You Ubi for making this DLC Free!! Thank you Ubi for providing shortcuts to this content by allowing me to spend actual earned money should I decide my money is better spent on a shortcut then another consumer item. I greatly enjoy your game and do not intend to stop playing anytime soon; therefore, I feel comfortable earning your in game currency bit by bit and appreciate that there are rewards to work towards.

I literally logged in just to give you a thumbs up man!! :)

STVRSEED
04-18-2017, 08:37 PM

This would be true if it wasnt possible to just buy steel, why would i put in the time and effort to get the steel if i can just buy it with money that took me much less hours to earn?.......
I understand your point of experience...but still...gt

pure_energist
04-19-2017, 09:33 PM
This would be true if it wasnt possible to just buy steel, why would i put in the time and effort to get the steel if i can just buy it with money that took me much less hours to earn?.......

That there is choice is what I am asking everyone who complains about "greed" to acknowledge. If you don't want to grind out the steel then its your choice to spend your Hard or not so hard earned money. Acknowledge you are spending that money because you are not patient enough to wait to grind out the steel or because you truly don't think You'll have the time to put into the game. I personally don't have a lot of free time for gaming during the weekdays, but whenever I have an hour to spare I'll play the daily orders for an easy 800. . Because I have limited gaming time I have so far only focused on two Warriors; Therefore, I still have 10 NEW warriors to experience. I look forward to the roster additions as a way to diversify the player base but I am not even close to playing out the current roster. Today I just started learning the berserker, and although I've played against this class and I have seen a lot of what it can do, its still not the same as actually deciding how I"M going to play and what tactics I'm doing to attempt to win with. I'm annoyed by the impatient desire for new content and the whine of not wanting to spend significant steel towards earning it as if this game is already played out. With all the current balancing still occurring there is a lot to still be discovered with the existing roster.

pancakerz
04-19-2017, 10:51 PM

that's the whole point of microtransactions. What's worth more to you, your time or your money? I prefer not to spend the money (especially in a full priced game) but the option is there for those who want it and don't have the time to grind.

Merc572
04-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Gonna be at least 15-25k steel if their doing anything like siege

cragar212
04-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Be interesting to see if they are free to play as people suggested above.

ViciousOphidian
04-20-2017, 04:05 PM
TFW you are Ubisoft and you've decided to do the right thing for once and just give everyone the heroes because you remembered this isn't a Free to Play game. But then you visit the forums, look at this thread and notice that people being disappointed is already the norm and you just can't have enough of dat micro-transaction money, so you look at the amounts of Steel posted as a joke in this Poll and you actually make the new characters cost 30k steel.
P.S. OP, please make a poll about how much we think the new maps should cost to unlock. My guess is anywhere between 50 - 100k Steel.