PDA

View Full Version : Warlords Uninterruptible Heavy pisses me off

Dkdninja420
04-17-2017, 04:04 PM
I think the Warlords Uninterruptible Heavy Attack should have more consequence if he is struck during the attack, trading blows isn't fair to his opponent if say they are lower health and there's an opportunity (an opening that isnt an all-block, for those who aren't aware of such things) it is usually a no risk/low risk heavy attack that will either drop health down 50-70% or insta-execute the player and salting the wound by even replenishing health, further feeding this warlord cancer turtle meta that is current.

Furthermore if there is a "balance" between all heros then why do META's even form...I wanna play a character that I enjoy playing not the BS EXPLOIT META GARBAGE, but I feel it is almost a must if I don't want to a)kill feed and be competitive or b) delete this game and walk away from ~$130.00

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I don't really mind this mechanic, but warlord doesn't really need it i think. It would have made more sense on the charged conquerer attack or on Lb heavies.

TheLastPandaa
04-17-2017, 04:23 PM
http://www.troll.me/images2/joe-rogan-wah/why-dont-you-just-nerf-the-world.jpg

Dkdninja420
04-17-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm not saying nerf anything, if anything i'm asking for an increase to the damage dealt by opponent when heavy "trading"

Sov3R3ignN
04-17-2017, 05:10 PM
This is fine. Idea is to know who you are fighting. If you forget Warlord will remind you.

Dkdninja420
04-17-2017, 05:15 PM
he reminds me everytime i'm stuck waiting 5 freaking min for 3v1 to lose in elim while he turtles up...

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 05:24 PM
The warlords heavy strike is quite easy to parry.

Their are problems in the game - like the shugokis charge and spammable headbutt, light attack spam and several other moves but the warlords heavy is really one of the few things, that is not broken. Ok ... It is a pretty fast and highly damaging heavy strike ... but it is not broken.

Herbstlicht
04-17-2017, 05:30 PM
The warlords heavy strike is quite easy to parry.

Their are problems in the game - like the shugokis charge and spammable headbutt, light attack spam and several other moves but the warlords heavy is really one of the few things, that is not broken. Ok ... It is a pretty fast and highly damaging heavy strike ... but it is not broken.

Guess so too. Maybe once we achieved a solid state of balance, one might look if some real issues are to be found. But some moves are needed for class diversity. We don't want to play Kensei vs Kensei with different optics i guess.

Dkdninja420
04-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Not one time was the word "broken" ever used....

Please people, this isn't a "Bucket Full of Tears" post..... So please stoop reading between the lines here.

I am only stating, generally, the warlord's heavy does not, in my opinion, have enough consequence for the risk....

Example: LB v Warlord... LB (Heath=50%) Left heavy vs Warlord (Health=40%) Top heavy, Warloard executes and comes out with 70-80% Health, even though he took 30%(estimated) damage from the Trade.... It doesn't seem right (opinion)

Jobsalot
04-17-2017, 05:44 PM
Not one time was the word "broken" ever used....

Please people, this isn't a "Bucket Full of Tears" post..... So please stoop reading between the lines here.

I am only stating, generally, the warlord's heavy does not, in my opinion, have enough consequence for the risk....

Example: LB v Warlord... LB (Heath=50%) Left heavy vs Warlord (Health=40%) Top heavy, Warloard executes and comes out with 70-80% Health, even though he took 30%(estimated) damage from the Trade.... It doesn't seem right (opinion)

Let's see. It is slow as hell, it can be dodged, it can be parried, you can set the warlord up for guardbreak if he misses or is parried. In fact, a WL who throws out heavies without thinking is taking one hell of a risk. And why would you even go and trade heavies with a WL blow for blow?

It is fine as it is. If you have no means to deal with his admittedly rather slow and limited attack set, that's on you. The only really fast move he's got is the headbutt and even that has been reduced and is actually avoidable.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 05:47 PM
These complaints usually come from light attack/ZA spammers.

Woops, sorry, Warlord heavy not gonna stop just because your light attack /ZA is faster by spamming it blindly.

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Guess so too. Maybe once we achieved a solid state of balance, one might look if some real issues are to be found. But some moves are needed for class diversity. We don't want to play Kensei vs Kensei with different optics i guess.

My approach comes from the other side though.

In my very humble opinion, we first need to fix or at least attempt to fix some of the core problems.

Light attack spam is a general problem on console, because of the infrastructure. We can not change the consoles or tv screens at homes and tuning down graphical fidelity would suck as well. What we can do, is work around that by adjusting the indicators and maybe timings.

Animation speeds vary in every combat situation. I fought kenseis with heavy strikes so fast, that the parry window was halved and not really workable anymore. We need lag compensation but it needs to be in moderation. Matchmaking could solve the issue to a good part.

Exploits need to be shut down and vortex moves need adjustments.

When we have reached a point, where lag, system and exploits are dealt with, we can begin with balancing.

Pope138
04-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Let's see. It is slow as hell, it can be dodged, it can be parried, you can set the warlord up for guardbreak if he misses or is parried. In fact, a WL who throws out heavies without thinking is taking one hell of a risk. And why would you even go and trade heavies with a WL blow for blow?

It is fine as it is. If you have no means to deal with his admittedly rather slow and limited attack set, that's on you. The only really fast move he's got is the headbutt and even that has been reduced and is actually avoidable.

/thread

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Warlord as a whole pisses me off.

Between the turtling, the headbutting and the desperate attempts to just trade blows to death it is just annoying to fight a good one.

Luckily there aren't very many good ones lol