PDA

View Full Version : "New" free content drops

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Fist off, i'm really looking forward to the new classes and maps that should release soon. But this is more about the small content updates, like the emotes we got.

Will we actually get new emotes, armor and ornarment? Every single one that has been added so far as "new" were already in the game. Either bots used them, or characters in the story mode did. Why where they locked to begin with? The emotes for example were already uses by bots in the closed Beta. Can we expect actually new items in the smaller updates or will you/ they just continue to unlock things for us that were in it already before the game was released?

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Fist off, i'm really looking forward to the new classes and maps that should release soon. But this is more about the small content updates, like the emotes we got.

Will we actually get new emotes, armor and ornarment? Every single one that has been added so far as "new" were already in the game. Either bots used them, or characters in the story mode did. Why where they locked to begin with? The emotes for example were already uses by bots in the closed Beta. Can we expect actually new items in the smaller updates or will you/ they just continue to unlock things for us that were in it already before the game was released?

I don't see why it matters that they were already in the game, it's a pedantic distinction that makes no actual difference. They were not available to us, as players, the same as Apollyons armour is in the game but not available to us, as players. But you can bet your socks I'm going to get excited if they ever release Apollyons armour for us to equip on our Wardens. These are new things for us. I watched the Peacekeeper bot do the 'The Best' emote jealously for weeks ... and bought it instantly when it finally became available to us. Many people felt the same about the Orochi and the 'Drop the Mic emote'.

If anything, they are far more valuable because they were unavailable to us for so long but we could see the bots doing them. If we had been able to buy them from day 1, I am not sure that would have been the case.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 03:12 PM
I don't see why it matters that they were already in the game, it's a pedantic distinction that makes no actual difference. They were not available to us, as players, the same as Apollyons armour is in the game but not available to us, as players. But you can bet your socks I'm going to get excited if they ever release Apollyons armour for us to equip on our Wardens. These are new things for us. I watched the Peacekeeper bot do the 'The Best' emote jealously for weeks ... and bought it instantly when it finally became available to us. Many people felt the same about the Orochi and the 'Drop the Mic emote'.

If anything, they are far more valuable because they were unavailable to us for so long but we could see the bots doing them. If we had been able to buy them from day 1, I am not sure that would have been the case.

If they release Apollyon's armour for warden I am pretty certain I am going to need to get my Warden from rep 1 to rep 3 at least >.> and I am aiming to get peacekeeper as high as possible so I would have very mixed feelings on that :p But yeah the thing is we didn't buy all the content on the disc (or in the digital game in my case), we bought the right to use the game, I spent the money I spent to make people bleed out, I am doing this, I am happy, when stuff drops it doesn't matter to me if bots have been using it or if it is new in. They have far more important things to be doing right now with connection and the balance, I would be a little annoyed if they did do a slew of' new' new stuff because that is time away from where the issues are which may even be why they had stuff in advance, to guarantee being able to release it just as authors of web serials have a buffer of chapters enabling them to post weekly even if one week is bad for writing.

Lumina-US
04-17-2017, 03:30 PM
But you can bet your socks I'm going to get excited if they ever release Apollyons armour for us to equip on our Wardens.Believe me, they will one day, but highly likely at the cost of 15 Million Steel or something.

So prepare to "crash" your CC on that day X.

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 03:47 PM

It's just incredibly lazy and it's not new. It was locked on purpose so they can pretend they give us something. If they say they're going to add new content, it needs to be actually be new. Apollyon more or less a boss character, it makes sense to me that her armor is locked (for now). But others are using the exact models of the characters we play, yet what they have is locked for no reason just so they can say they added something. The only new thing so far are the few new executes they're going to add, That's something i can actually look forward to.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 03:58 PM
It's just incredibly lazy and it's not new. It was locked on purpose so they can pretend they give us something. If they say they're going to add new content, it needs to be actually be new. Apollyon more or less a boss character, it makes sense to me that her armor is locked (for now). But others are using the exact models of the characters we play, yet what they have is locked for no reason just so they can say they added something. The only new thing so far are the few new executes they're going to add, That's something i can actually look forward to.

Again, buffers exist. I read web serials, one of my favourites updates three times a week absolutely without fail and a fourth if a donation target is hit, know how the author does this? He has a number of chapters written in advance because sometimes bad days happen, your argument effectively is like saying that I should expect to see everything he has written right now. Would you rather someone try to crunch out something new every week or would you rather that same person be working on fixing the connection and balance issues? Because that is where the priority really needs to be.

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Again, buffers exist. I read web serials, one of my favourites updates three times a week absolutely without fail and a fourth if a donation target is hit, know how the author does this? He has a number chapters in advance because sometimes bad days happen, your argument effectively is that I should expect to see everything he has written right now. Would you rather someone try to crunch out something new every week or would you rather that same person be working on fixing the connection and balance issues? Because that is where the priority really needs to be.

I rather have all the content that was in the game unlockable and have them add actual new items when they got the time for it. This would only give them more time to fix the issues than they have now, as it would save up on the time to advertise it. They wouldn't have to add this new ish stuff if it was already unlockable. Seeing how every new thing they unlock for us gets higher in steel price just shows they want to sell more steel.

I'm certain it's not meant as a buffer either. Companies have locked items that were already in the game behind a paywall before to cash in extra on it, the only difference now is that they make it cost more steel with every drop instead of putting a pricetag on it.

TheLastPandaa
04-17-2017, 04:12 PM
I really would love to have this bear ornament for my Warlord:
http://s1.storage.akamai.coub.com/get/b56/p/coub/simple/cw_timeline_pic/c8bce8a1a09/080bb27853368b6875063/med_1489351722_image.jpg

It also would be fkng legendary to have something like this the next season when the FW ends:
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/110/5142762-1376078428.png
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5SxYvDJ3Kxs/maxresdefault.jpg
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1704/images/19733-1-1341168132.jpg

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 04:15 PM
I'm sure they'll add that as the new armors with the DLC. Just like the lion shoulders for the lawbringer.

https://s29.postimg.org/b4pdb7g2v/maxresdefault.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/fdu3ddjc3/)

DizzleFresh13
04-17-2017, 04:18 PM
The answer is obvious. They release bits and pieces of locked content so we spend more Steel on it. If all the items were released at once, you'd buy the stuff you like and be done with it. Imagine buying an expensive emote, you're happy with it, and then 3 weeks later another emote comes out which you like more so you buy that one too. Keep in mind, both emotes were already available in the game since the beginning.

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 05:01 PM
The answer is obvious. They release bits and pieces of locked content so we spend more Steel on it. If all the items were released at once, you'd buy the stuff you like and be done with it. Imagine buying an expensive emote, you're happy with it, and then 3 weeks later another emote comes out which you like more so you buy that one too. Keep in mind, both emotes were already available in the game since the beginning.

Some of this is personal opinion, and the rest I don't see a problem with.

Locked or not, who cares, I couldn't have it before, I can now, it's new to me.

A solution would be to not have put any of these in the game, you know the Bots didn't have to be using them from day 1? Just because they made that choice, and it was a choice, not accidental, why are the emotes not new for the player? They are. So would you prefer the Bots never used them so you believed they were genuinely new? Do you not see how fake that belief would be? You would still purchase the same emote at the end of the day, but you would believe it to be new ...

As for spending Steel on things we like, so what? I currently have 25,000 earned steel and nothing I want to spend it on /shrug

You also suggest emotes are going to be come out and surprise you, you've bought one you like and then another one comes out which you like more so you have to buy that too ... well, there's a logic error here ... we've established they are all already in the game, so how could you be caught out like that? Why buy your second favourite emote when you know your favourite one is still to come? :rolleyes:

I knew from the time I first saw it, that the only PK emote I wanted was 'The Best'. When it came out, I bought it. The scenario you paint is a fantasy one that might be true for some, but certainly isn't true for me. At the end of the day, when talking about something as superficial as an emote, this is really overthinking it.

Also, concept ... brand new emotes could come out that you wouldn't like. How about that? ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 05:28 PM
I have 30,000 currently, I have only ever spent steel on an emote (The Best) and crates to brute force my main to 108 though I could have easily done that over a longer time, all of that steel I earned in game.

Now if you have to have an emote, an effect, an outfit and an ornament for every character however little you use them, I'm sorry, I have less sympathy for that, but for those of us who have one character or a couple we care to customise and can play the rest as they come there is no money grab here, steel comes quick enough through orders and general gameplay. I have bought an emote, I want an execution, maybe an effect and I might buy the outfit for the hellfire emote, maybe, not sold on that I would need to not want anything else but mostly I use the peacekeeper to kill people,not as my personal dressup doll.

salekr
04-17-2017, 06:04 PM
I hope they add more weapons, especially for Warden class... and hopefully swords will be more realistic in SIZE and SHAPE! (not this huge-metal-******** we use right now)

Something like this:
http://www.swordworld.com.au/Uploads/Images/classic-medieval-sword-1.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/94/9a/e9/949ae957e091ae254606faa8c5266829.jpg
http://www.customswordshoppe.com/image/cache/catalog/va-106-se-the-arundel-1200x800.jpg
http://www.valiant-armoury.com/image/cache/catalog/va-141-the-brighton-1200x800.jpg
http://sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-guide.com/media/Valiant/cf408.jpg
http://www.valiant-armoury.com/image/cache/catalog/va-179se-the-war-sword-1200x800.jpg

This is just ridiculous:
https://images.nowloading.co/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/o8md0e3gzgm339gp8rnz/the-warden-for-honor-credit-ubisoft.jpg
http://guides.gamepressure.com/forhonor/gfx/word/625655363.jpg
https://assets.vg247.com/current//2017/01/fh_warden_level_1-600x338.jpg

Warden sword's right now are bigger then any Zweihänder I know...

Lumina-US
04-17-2017, 07:02 PM
I hope they add more weapons, especially for Warden class... and hopefully swords will be more realistic in SIZE and SHAPE! (not this huge-metal-******** we use right now)

This is just ridiculous:
https://images.nowloading.co/images/c_limit,q_auto,w_710/o8md0e3gzgm339gp8rnz/the-warden-for-honor-credit-ubisoft.jpgSo in other words, you are asking for weapons in the size of Arya Stark's "Needle" - no thanks (despite the fact that she's actually my favorite in Game of Thrones)

Real men need real weapons - got it?

Btw. stop posting bad angled pics pls - i play Warden 99% of the time and my sword, has never been that big.

DizzleFresh13
04-17-2017, 07:40 PM
Some of this is personal opinion, and the rest I don't see a problem with.

Locked or not, who cares, I couldn't have it before, I can now, it's new to me.

A solution would be to not have put any of these in the game, you know the Bots didn't have to be using them from day 1? Just because they made that choice, and it was a choice, not accidental, why are the emotes not new for the player? They are. So would you prefer the Bots never used them so you believed they were genuinely new? Do you not see how fake that belief would be? You would still purchase the same emote at the end of the day, but you would believe it to be new ...

As for spending Steel on things we like, so what? I currently have 25,000 earned steel and nothing I want to spend it on /shrug

You also suggest emotes are going to be come out and surprise you, you've bought one you like and then another one comes out which you like more so you have to buy that too ... well, there's a logic error here ... we've established they are all already in the game, so how could you be caught out like that? Why buy your second favourite emote when you know your favourite one is still to come? :rolleyes:

I knew from the time I first saw it, that the only PK emote I wanted was 'The Best'. When it came out, I bought it. The scenario you paint is a fantasy one that might be true for some, but certainly isn't true for me. At the end of the day, when talking about something as superficial as an emote, this is really overthinking it.

Also, concept ... brand new emotes could come out that you wouldn't like. How about that? ;)

I was just answering the OP's question and explaining to them why these emotes, executions, ornaments, etc are already in the game yet, have staggered releases. Devs are milking the costumers. Plain and simple. If they were "genuinely" new ornaments, emotes, etc...that would be the devs doing something nice for their costumers.

salekr
04-17-2017, 08:00 PM
So in other words, you are asking for weapons in the size of Arya Stark's "Needle" - no thanks (despite the fact that she's actually my favorite in Game of Thrones)
Btw. stop posting bad angled pics pls - i play Warden 99% of the time and my sword, has never been that big.

Hello!
Needle? No, of course not.
Do any of pictures I posted previously look like Needle?!
No, my friend.

Is this a "bad angle":
http://guides.gamepressure.com/forhonor/gfx/word/625655363.jpg

No, it's not.
It's a HUGE piece of metal that look's like a sword.

I found this images from last year (by artist Damian Bilinski, who was involved in making of cinematic "For Honor" trailer):
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/081/156/large/damian-bilinski-aw.jpg?1439631828

Swords are beautifully designed (blade, guard, hilt) and I would love to see them in the game!
Still... they also look way too big:
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/001/081/161/large/damian-bilinski-005.jpg?1439631841

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 08:07 PM
I was just answering the OP's question and explaining to them why these emotes, executions, ornaments, etc are already in the game yet, have staggered releases. Devs are milking the costumers. Plain and simple. If they were "genuinely" new ornaments, emotes, etc...that would be the devs doing something nice for their costumers.

So again, if they hadn't enabled the Bots to use them since day 1, you would believe they were new, and be quite happy?

Player A saw this emote on day 1 used by a Bot, always liked it, buys it
Player B never saw this emote on a Bot, thinks it is new, buys it

Player A and Player B have THE SAME EMOTE :rolleyes:

Somehow in scenario A Ubisoft are evil, in scenario B they are lovely. That's just silly talk, sorry. You're just on some kind of silly anti-cashgrab anti-company hate bandwagon which isn't even applicable in this instance.

DizzleFresh13
04-17-2017, 08:35 PM
So again, if they hadn't enabled the Bots to use them since day 1, you would believe they were new, and be quite happy?

Player A saw this emote on day 1 used by a Bot, always liked it, buys it
Player B never saw this emote on a Bot, thinks it is new, buys it

Player A and Player B have THE SAME EMOTE :rolleyes:

Somehow in scenario A Ubisoft are evil, in scenario B they are lovely. That's just silly talk, sorry. You're just on some kind of silly anti-cashgrab anti-company hate bandwagon which isn't even applicable in this instance.

But you understand what the OP was asking and if you read my response to him, you'll see I'm just answering his question. I already dropped $100 on Steel. I got 90K Steel still. It makes no difference to me. I make pretty good money so I don't even have to think twice about my decisions or have any remorse. Again...just answering the OP's question with a factual answer.

If the bots didn't have these items on day 1 and we're now able to purchase them 2 months later, then yea, no one would be the wiser but it's evident now.

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 08:37 PM
It's about having content in the game at launch, locking it, and then unlocking it to sell as "new content!" that is the issue, meanwhile raising the price of all the fake new stuff. It's not new to the player, because it was never new, it was just locked. It's lazy and no-one should support that. If DICE locked maps and sold them later on even though they have been in the game files since day one people would have seen that as a scummy cash cow move as well. If they advertise it as something new it must be actually new. There is no reason to lock something that is already in the game.

People would still have found it in the game files if all they did was disable it on the bots. They saw the clips before it was released in the beta as well. If it's already created before launch then there is no reason to lock it besides selling it later on to make extra profit.

TheMalakith
04-17-2017, 08:41 PM
So in other words, you are asking for weapons in the size of Arya Stark's "Needle" - no thanks (despite the fact that she's actually my favorite in Game of Thrones)

Normal swords aren't even close to a Needle. The swords that the warden uses wouldn't even be able to cut being this thick. It's like hitting with a metal bar. Also, that picture he showed wasnt at a bad angle, i got a picture of every blade if you want to see them, they are all way to thick.

"Real men need real weapons - got it?"

So give the warden an actually sword, the thing he has now is more of a tool than it is a weapon.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Speaking of Needle.

I REALLY wanna see a Rapier style fencer put into the game. It would make an amazing dueling class.

salekr
04-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Normal swords aren't even close to a Needle. The swords that the warden uses wouldn't even be able to cut being this thick. It's like hitting with a metal bar. Also, that picture he showed wasnt at a bad angle, i got a picture of every blade if you want to see them, they are all way to thick.

"Real men need real weapons - got it?"
So give the warden an actually sword, the thing he has now is more of a tool than it is a weapon.

My thoughts exactly!
I simple don't understand why are they so BIG?!
Very thick, oversized, crazy hilts & guards...

It's a cannon not a sword.

While we're on the subject..... It would be nice if in the future content we could get some realistic type of medieval armor/clothes.

Something like this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/79/47/fe/7947fe4e1ac9d302207875eadf1d5940.jpg
http://miniaturasjm.com/userdata/image/templarnight_001.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d0/eb/19/d0eb1904a499dc5cd2e3adcf5c19ad0f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/6e/a6/176ea69f7ecdc5ebdef8eec422c2e7a8.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/b1/00/b4b10082279b20a8dc73c60358af5645.jpg
http://shop.bestsoldiershop.com/WebRoot/StoreIT5/Shops/14739/523B/2596/544A/9CDF/600D/3E95/9310/F6C9/LAT_TS05.jpg
http://www.planetfigure.com/attachments/hospandrea01ok-jpg.117505/
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/47/a5/13/47a513acb2438966ebd12e5d9bac3b52.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/07/a3/9d/07a39dd14561a3e8cdcc8b2532cbdcf4.jpg

This kind of approach should be taken for EVERY fractions in the game.
I'm not a big fan of FH oversized, superhero, I'm-on-steroids character/hero design.

salekr
04-17-2017, 11:09 PM

Screenshot of a Warden holding Sirius longsword I took from FH cinematic trailer 2016 (LEFT) and in-game image of Warden holding Sirius longsword (RIGHT):
https://s8.postimg.org/mlxd9gf51/Untitled-1.jpg

Size difference is obvious:confused:
I just don't understand why?! Any developers here?

Metal thing on the right is NOT a "real weapon". Well.... maybe it is some sort of Zweihänder/Beidhänder but not a longsword.

Examples of longswords (lower: hand-and-a-half sword or a Bastard sword; upper: two-handed longsword):
https://s21.postimg.org/6w8zsaalz/image.jpg

Total average length: 100–130 cm

Alustar.
04-17-2017, 11:32 PM
It's about having content in the game at launch, locking it, and then unlocking it to sell as "new content!" that is the issue, meanwhile raising the price of all the fake new stuff. It's not new to the player, because it was never new, it was just locked. It's lazy and no-one should support that. If DICE locked maps and sold them later on even though they have been in the game files since day one people would have seen that as a scummy cash cow move as well. If they advertise it as something new it must be actually new. There is no reason to lock something that is already in the game.

People would still have found it in the game files if all they did was disable it on the bots. They saw the clips before it was released in the beta as well. If it's already created before launch then there is no reason to lock it besides selling it later on to make extra profit.

Except that you don't -have- to purchase steel to get them, so the only time they make money is when people are too impatient to grind the currency for it in game.

Games have had locked content for years. Hell before recently the only times you could activate certain content was through a separate tool altogether. (gamegene/shark) and back then you had to purchase those separately. Then once you had it, why those crooked developers even made you look for your own hex coding to activate the aspects you wanted.
But yeah, Ubisoft are total crooks, having content locked out till they were ready for it to go live in a patch.

Alustar.
04-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Just my two cents on the scale topic, it's my understanding that designers intentionally upscale certain aspects of the models to make it easier and more aesthetically pleasing.
Typically heads/hands/feet and tools(in this case weapons) are larger in proportion to make it easier for the people rigging and texturing the mesh.
Additionally it's easier to hide subtle flaws this way. Since the overall style is now exaggerated, the player can feel more immersed in the action with less risk of breaking the 4th wall.

salekr
04-17-2017, 11:56 PM
Just my two cents on the scale topic, it's my understanding that designers intentionally upscale certain aspects of the models to make it easier and more aesthetically pleasing. Typically heads/hands/feet and tools(in this case weapons) are larger in proportion to make it easier for the people rigging and texturing the mesh.
Additionally it's easier to hide subtle flaws this way. Since the overall style is now exaggerated, the player can feel more immersed in the action with less risk of breaking the 4th wall.

Thank you for replying!
But... not all games use the same design philosophy (shooters, RPG, first-person, third-person...) and yet we still feel "immersed in the action".
So, it's not something you must do.
Right?

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Except that you don't -have- to purchase steel to get them, so the only time they make money is when people are too impatient to grind the currency for it in game.

Games have had locked content for years. Hell before recently the only times you could activate certain content was through a separate tool altogether. (gamegene/shark) and back then you had to purchase those separately. Then once you had it, why those crooked developers even made you look for your own hex coding to activate the aspects you wanted.
But yeah, Ubisoft are total crooks, having content locked out till they were ready for it to go live in a patch.

Thing is that everything gets more expensive the later they release it (so far), so it really seems like they held them back longer so they can give it a higher price tag, which will make it more likely for people to just buy they steel rather than grind it.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Screenshot of a Warden holding Sirius longsword I took from FH cinematic trailer 2016 (LEFT) and in-game image of Warden holding Sirius longsword (RIGHT):
https://s8.postimg.org/mlxd9gf51/Untitled-1.jpg

Size difference is obvious:confused:
I just don't understand why?! Any developers here?

Metal thing on the right is NOT a "real weapon". Well.... maybe it is some sort of Zweihänder/Beidhänder but not a longsword.

Examples of longswords (lower: hand-and-a-half sword or a Bastard sword; upper: two-handed longsword):

Total average length: 100–130 cm

You are overthinking all of this.

It is actually simple. Video Game = Unrealistic because its fun. They made the sword huge because it looks cool as hell. Not because they are dumb or do not understand what a longsword is.

salekr
04-18-2017, 12:38 AM
They made the sword huge because it looks cool as hell. Not because they are dumb or do not understand what a longsword is.

I know they are not dumb:) Huge swords don't look cool as hell... they look ridiculous. Like a cartoon prop. Feels like wielding a light machine gun.
Many games stay true to the source. They use realistic model of weapons and are very fun to play.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 12:40 AM
I know they are not dumb:) Huge swords don't look cool as hell... they look ridicilous. Like a cartoon prop. Feels like wielding a light machine gun.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

To me bashing someone across the face with a true longsword is nice, but an absurdly large greatsword is is even better. If he were to use a true longsword it wouldn't look NEARLY as impressive.

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 12:41 AM
I don't really mind how long they are, but i don't really understand why they are as thick as a metal bar.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 12:46 AM
I don't really mind how long they are, but i don't really understand why they are as thick as a metal bar.

( Obligatory "Thats what she said" )

Its probably to make it look more impressive. People have been spoiled by movies and video games into thinking "Knight Swords" actually look that way. They never realize that if you were to actually use something like what the Warden uses it would not only be severely unbalanced it would also weigh a metric crap ton lol

You would need godlike strength to use it the way the Warden does, but damned if it doesn't look awesome.

salekr
04-18-2017, 12:46 AM
absurdly large greatsword

Best definition so far.

salekr
04-18-2017, 12:52 AM
People have been spoiled by movies and video games into thinking "Knight Swords" actually look that way. They never realize that if you were to actually use something like what the Warden uses it would not only be severely unbalanced it would also weigh a metric crap ton lol

I'm pretty sure people know that swords DON'T look like Wardens thick metal bar....

TheMalakith
04-18-2017, 01:00 AM
I'm pretty sure people know that swords DON'T look like Wardens thick metal bar....

Wouldn't think that mate. The amount of people that think knights are slow, can't stand up alone, cant get on a horse alone, can't put on/ off their own armor, stab trough plate and mail etc is a lot. Hell, i've even spoken to people who think that a knight is so slow that they could just walk around him and stab him with a kitchen knife.

Katana's can cut trough time and space though!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 01:02 AM

You would be astonished at how dense some people are and how willing they are to believe what they see in games and movies.

bmason1000
04-18-2017, 01:56 AM
You are overthinking all of this.

It is actually simple. Video Game = Unrealistic because its fun. They made the sword huge because it looks cool as hell. Not because they are dumb or do not understand what a longsword is.

Exactly.