PDA

View Full Version : Can we PLEASE get a Guardbreak cooldown? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 09:39 AM
I am getting seriously sick of the GB spam when you get anywhere near an edge.

I'm not saying nerf it and I am not even saying GB into cliff kills are BS. I am saying that the combat becomes nonexistant once you get anywhere near an edge.

It becomes a GB spam fest until one person runs out of stamina or misses the timing on GB counter. All skill goes out the window and it becomes a game of spamming and that is not fun and it is not okay.

Even a few seconds of cooldown would be a massive improvement.

Lumina-US
04-17-2017, 10:06 AM
To be honest, the WHOLE GAME has becoming all about spamming the same smuck over and over, so shouldn't you be used to it by now?

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 10:53 AM
The last guy that spammed GB over and over again fell off a ledge backwards.

He did not realize, that he got pushed back with every failed attempt and fell.

Funniest duel I have had in this game.

Herbstlicht
04-17-2017, 11:13 AM
cgb and lights ftw. gb is not a real issue.

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 11:58 AM
But to an extent, coyote is right.

This games multiplayer could be good, if their were less ways to exploit mechanical and spam.

Canceling heavies I to guard breaks are almost impossible to counter on console, matchmaking is not worth its term (and no - its not a but suboptimal, it is downright trash), guard change spam is ridiculous, game breaking bugs that need two weeks of fixing on console - everybody and their grandparents are using debuff resistance gear now, to get their guard breaks in.

Multiplayer is not fun in this game - it is downright frustrating.

If this trend continues and the community is not stopped harming itself, the last remaining players will go as well.

BananaBlighter
04-17-2017, 12:11 PM
No, not a cooldown. The developers have even said that in fixing issues with the game they do not want to use cheap gimmicky mechanics like cooldowns that do nothing but remind you you're playing a game. Yes there is a problem with certain people spamming GB, but (a) I don't think it's that hard to deal with, and (b) there are other ways to fix it, like increase the punish if your GB gets countered.

LightofBaldur
04-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Canceling heavies I to guard breaks are almost impossible to counter on console

Lul wat? Never had any problems countering them unless they catch me trying to feint parry. That's PC and console though pretty sure it's intended. If someone is spamming gbs you can just counter or hit them with a light attack. It's really not a problem at all.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Nah.

Leave GBs as it is, but just get rid of free guaranteed heavy hits most classes can do. Leave only light attacks as guaranteed.
Reconfigure GBs so it resembles more of grapple moves in other fighting games;

Reconfigured
(1) GB+light attack = light attack dazes on hit, counted as 1st attack of combo
(2) GB+heavy attack = knock down attack, no free heavy attack after knockdown, only guarantee light
(3) GB+directional input = position change just as we have it currently

Counter moves
-- GB+light = no counter, unavoidable
-- GB +heavy= countered with heavy, will resist knockdown and push the opponent back, regain stamina
-- GB+direction = countered by pressing opposite direction, (ie) enemy pushes you (W), you press (W), resist position change
-- (special) GB+GB button = with some classes who has GB+GB button move, pressing GB button will counter it

No lame guaranteed damage, more tactical choices and mindgames. Win-win for everyone

RatedChaotic
04-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Na leave GB as it is.

darkspawn2101
04-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Leave GB as it is.

Just offer -detterrants- against spam.

Epoqx
04-17-2017, 01:33 PM
GB is fine as it is now. It's not hard at all to cgb constantly when u got enough training, and when u actually map X to LB (xbox). Even just after a feint.

The devs already said 2 streams ago that they won't fx the game by adding some sort of cooldowns to moves. So it will never happen.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 01:50 PM
GB is fine as it is now. It's not hard at all to cgb constantly when u got enough training, and when u actually map X to LB (xbox). Even just after a feint.

The devs already said 2 streams ago that they won't fx the game by adding some sort of cooldowns to moves. So it will never happen.

Unfortunately GB is at the heart of the turtle/defense meta.

Block certain skills▶▶free GB▶▶▶free heavy damage
Parry light attacks▶▶free heavy damage
Parry heavy attacks▶▶free GB▶▶▶free heavy damage

There are some variances, such as some classes can't do some of the above, but generally, as a rule of thumb every class has at least one of the above. ...hence, turtling up actually giving you more chances to damage the opponent than really attacking, and attacking not giving you any real damage but only getting you countered.

The GB -> free heavy damage, has gotta go

Blasto95
04-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Leave guardbreak as it is.

Double guard break is a very viable tactic. It has worked on me and Ive seen it work on others as well.
iSkys does it all the time and ive seen it work for him. They almost never get raw guardbreaks to land.

Also GB -> Punish -> Heavy Feint -> GB -> Punish works very very well for some classes and looks pretty cool.