PDA

View Full Version : Is There Anything to Punish Cowards That Run?

KotoKuraken
04-17-2017, 05:39 AM
Sometimes a coordinated team can catch a runner, but usually runners get to go around the map collecting every speed, defense, attack, and health buff on the map, and even when they don't, it ends up being a long three minutes of trying to grab this person and make them stand and fight. Sometimes we catch em, usually we don't.

It gets extremely boring to have to wait so long just for the round to end because one dude runs around like an Olympic runner just so he doesn't hurt his precious k/d

Gemini-Iceland
04-17-2017, 06:17 AM
Well the problem is that elimination has those buffs around that serve no purpose other then to make the game more boring tbh. Usually the team winning and already has more unlocked feats gets more of those buffs as well. But yeah feats don't really fit with this game either most of the time. Like a one hit kill catapults and such that are almost undodgeable are just frustrating and not fun in a game like this. Players want to learn from their mistakes but when things are in a game that you can't adapt to you get frustrated. This game sadly has few of those in it.

Joseph_2017
04-17-2017, 12:28 PM
If your on console the new update coming is suppose to nerf Sprint speed(specifically for runners). Until then nothing really besides a projectile or sweep attacks.

bmason1000
04-17-2017, 12:43 PM
If your on console the new update coming is suppose to nerf Sprint speed(specifically for runners). Until then nothing really besides a projectile or sweep attacks.
Heres the thing i don't get about that. Sprint speed is reduced across the board. So the people running are slower, but so are the people chasing them. How does this change anything? Its the same situation, but now we're all doing it at a more casual pace.

Joseph_2017
04-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Heres the thing i don't get about that. Sprint speed is reduced across the board. So the people running are slower, but so are the people chasing them. How does this change anything? Its the same situation, but now we're all doing it at a more casual pace.

Yeah good point, but according to Warriors Den it's suppose to help with this problem. We'll just have to see.

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 01:09 PM

Glad you realised that part, surprising how many people don't. Someone with a max Sprint Speed bar or a Speed Boost is still going to run faster than someone with a small bar no Boost. A fast character is still going to run faster than a slow one. Everyone is still going to run faster than a Shoguki ;)

The only possible plus, is that if they can't cross the map in the blink of an eye like The Flash anymore, then maybe you will be more likely to land a blow on them as they pass, or find it easier to corner them because they wont be moving at such an extreme speed anymore.

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 02:26 PM
There shouldn't be any buffs on the maps at all. Not even a healing one because people should be forced to rely on their Health Regen by Execution stat. Too often in elimination and skirmish people just dive straight into a fight, come close to death then sneak away while everyone else is fighting to grab these buffs. It ruins the fun.

Sprint speed in this game is so messed up too because my Zerk has maxed out sprint speed and even a Warden can outrun him. It shouldn't be possible for a Vanguard to outrun an Assassin class. I think the best way to solve the problem though is to make it so your stamina starts to drain if you sprint for so long.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 02:43 PM
The trick is to let the best players be "chasers," around 2 of them, so there's no chance for the runner to win a 1v2 situation with revenge. This is absolutely vital. It's meaningless if the 2 chasers are the weaker players, and the runner can easily defeat them despite 1v2..

The rest 2 players are "ambushers" -- basically the map is limited, and at some point the runner is going to be circling back to the positions he has passed before. It's at these points the "ambushers" wait.

Think of hunting. You don't just all go for the prey like a homing missile. The hunting dogs drive the prey towards a certain position, and its at that position the hunters wait for the kill. When the chasers run off , the ambushers don't all follow them. If its in dominion the runner will pass through side nodes most of the times, and if in other game modes, where the buffs spawn.

The chasers always need to ping the map (B key) at certain intervals so the ambushers have some idea where the runner is, and headed towards where. The ambushers directly go to that point of interception and block the runner off.

In most cases the runner will attempt a roll to blow pass the ambushers and keep on running. Always bear in mind that's gonna happen, and run towards the postion the runner will probably rolling to, and time your attack so that it connects by the end of the roll. Once the runner is hit and staggered, then its a chance for most people to catch up.

If failed, the ambushers don't chase, let the chasers do it, and the ambushers go back to positions.

The chance WILL come, because like said, the map is finite. From that point its just a matter of anticipating correctly, and good team communication.

Felis_Menari
04-17-2017, 03:57 PM

I suppose the idea is to reduce max speed for assassins, since they naturally run faster. This reduction should reduce the speed gap as a result, but I don't know if it will prevent players from prolonging matches that generally can't be won (there are exceptions to this occasionally, mind you).

thornh
04-17-2017, 05:24 PM
As someone mentioned in this thread, sprinting should use stamina. I take two heavy swings with my Warlord and I'm sucking wind but I can sprint all over the map forever and not get tired. Makes no sense.

Xb1MasterNoctis
04-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Sometimes a coordinated team can catch a runner, but usually runners get to go around the map collecting every speed, defense, attack, and health buff on the map, and even when they don't, it ends up being a long three minutes of trying to grab this person and make them stand and fight. Sometimes we catch em, usually we don't.

It gets extremely boring to have to wait so long just for the round to end because one dude runs around like an Olympic runner just so he doesn't hurt his precious k/d

Hate to drop this bomb on your but running is a tactic in game world and the real world BOOM MIND BLOWN.

KotoKuraken
04-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Hate to drop this bomb on your but running is a tactic in game world and the real world BOOM MIND BLOWN.

I suppose the real world has buffs that instantly grant superhuman healing, strength, speed, and vitality, right?

...No?

Exactly. I hope that the patch helps a bit with players that do nothing but run away the entire game

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 08:02 PM
I suppose the real world has buffs that instantly grant superhuman healing, strength, speed, and vitality, right?

...No?

Exactly. I hope that the patch helps a bit with players that do nothing but run away the entire game

If they run, why chase at all? Running means they're out of combat.

I mean yeah, when I was beginner in FH I also used to try chase PKs everytime -- until I realized every time a PK just dodge dodge dodge roll baclwards and run, it's going back to some node far away to heal up -- meaning its out of the fight. Nowadays I actually find that the more runners there are in the enemy team, the easier to win.

The "runners" that really scare me are those who don't really run, but linger. Those types are dangerous. But the ones that run are basically detrimental to the team and wasting time...

Just a suggetion: maybe perhaps there could be some thought into whether you really need to chase that one guy. Elim and Dom, of course, does have differences, so I do admit mostly what I say applies to Dom. In dom, the other guy turning and running means you get to achieve your current objective freely, while the other guy does nothing.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 08:07 PM
Speaking as a Dominion player runners can run all they want because WHEN they run and HOW they run tells me alot about them.

- If they run as soon as they realize they are alone then that means they aren't very good at 1v1s and that is a plus for me to know. I can just jump in and rinse them without having to worry.

- If they run as soon as they get low on health it means the value their precious K/D more than the win (For some strange reason) and if they are out of combat until they heal thats good for my team.

- If they run and then turn around to see if I am behind them then they obviously have some kind of plan in mind. Whether its luring me to a gank or even just a ledge.

- If they don't run at all it means they actually have some trust in their own skill and that is when you need to worry. If you see a guy walk up to you with NO health but he is ready for a fight odds are he is either a Moron or you are about to get got.

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 08:13 PM
If you see a guy walk up to you with NO health but he is ready for a fight odds are he is either a Moron or you are about to get got.

The accuracy here. I feel nervous as hell when someone with 1 bar of HP charges at me. Even if I have full HP. Hard to tell the difference between bravery & stupidity, fine line.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 08:18 PM
The accuracy here. I feel nervous as hell when someone with 1 bar of HP charges at me. Even if I have full HP. Hard to tell the difference between bravery & stupidity, fine line.

Damn right.

Like last night I was holding down C on Sanctuary Bridge as my Beserker and this warden comes running in with no health and I think to myself

"Ha this guy thought he could run from his fight and take C and heal up!"

He proceeded to parry every attack I threw at him beat me like a drum and promptly cut my head off.

Auztinito
04-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Damn right.

Like last night I was holding down C on Sanctuary Bridge as my Beserker and this warden comes running in with no health and I think to myself

"Ha this guy thought he could run from his fight and take C and heal up!"

He proceeded to parry every attack I threw at him beat me like a drum and promptly cut my head off.

Hahaha.I love it.Reading that was hilarious.You get a thumbs up.

AkenoKobayashi
04-18-2017, 09:25 PM
You realize that every match is timed, right? If you're winning 2 to 1 at minimum, then you will win the round. Let him run, and just guard any enemies who haven' been executed.

The_B0G_
04-18-2017, 09:50 PM
If you have a good lunging attack then get high sprint speed stat. I have an LB set up with max sprint speed, that combined with his impaling spear rush, no one gets away.

kbvlcvfkhgc
04-25-2017, 03:40 PM
if your looking for cowards and cheats's Elimination is where its at, I've stop playing this mode as i'm sick of all the dirty little cheating bastards that start the duel, realize their no good then run off like little pussies across the map till they can buff up and find their team mates to come back and group gank you, majority of the time it always seems to be Kenseis, Orochis & off course the ultimate cowards choice the Peacekeeper,

you have to hand it to Ubisoft, the irony of calling this game "For Honor", its like they've held up a mirror to the gaming community and showed everyone exactly what type of peevish little wankers the majority of gamers really are,

RoosterIlluzion
04-26-2017, 01:06 AM
Well the problem is that elimination has those buffs around that serve no purpose other then to make the game more boring tbh. Usually the team winning and already has more unlocked feats gets more of those buffs as well. But yeah feats don't really fit with this game either most of the time. Like a one hit kill catapults and such that are almost undodgeable are just frustrating and not fun in a game like this. Players want to learn from their mistakes but when things are in a game that you can't adapt to you get frustrated. This game sadly has few of those in it.

If this happens, as long as my team is ahead, I'll let em run til their hearts content. I don't chase even if my team does. Eventually the runner will come my way.