PDA

View Full Version : Horrific connection issues tonight

Gray360UK
04-16-2017, 09:34 PM
Come on Ubisoft please, this is getting old.

You don't have many people still left on your side, and I've been here through thick and thin since the Closed Alpha days, but this is getting ridiculous. I have been kicked out of more games today than in the last 2 weeks put together. Most of them almost complete Skirmish matches we were just about to win, with me top of the scoreboard, trying to complete 50 kills in Skirmish, 10 Honourable kills in Skirmish and Complete 5 Skirmish matches as a Vanguard. Progress is so slow with all these errors. Should have taken me a few games. Out of 8 attempted Skirmish games only 2 have completed.

You really have to do something about this soon and stop leaving your playerbase to suffer. I came from 5 months of solid Battlefield 1 playing before For Honor came out, and I didn't get kicked from that game once. A lot of people have a lot of patience with you and have suffered for a long time, prepared to give you a chance. Time to step up and do something, before even your biggest fans say enough is enough.

UbiJurassic
04-17-2017, 12:34 AM
Hey Gray, patch v1.06 is aimed at resolving a lot of the issues associated with game connectivity. While it might not fix everyone's problems, it should be a much needed improvement for players. We estimate the patch to release on PC in two weeks and the week after on consoles.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 12:56 AM
Yeah, hopefully 1.06 does a good amount, because it should say a bunch that Gray is annoyed, s/he (sorry I never found out one way or the other ;) ) is one of the more reasonable ones here and I can second large scale battlefield (Hardline in my case) pvp without getting chucked as well as the Division if we are talking ubisoft but there are times it is impossible, and I am one of those who tell people it has been getting better (it has been) and to wait it out but that won't last forever.

---Edit---

I do intend to stay at least year one, I love this game and I believe in it, just felt it needed saying.

Capoupacap
04-17-2017, 01:28 AM
Seriously UbiJurassic, Ubisoft's game launching quality in term of connectivity has been a disaster for their three last big games. It's a real shame. I like the fact Ubisoft give some fellowship to their game, and what they made for the division was actually some great work. But really, and I mean really, it was too late.

Game is out since february without proper fixing and we learn a part of the dev in for honor team (and for the division) has been transferred to another game.

Productivity calendar and scheduling doesn't have to be used to explain that a game is launched with such HUGE lack in term of quality.

I would say that Ubisoft reputation will suffer for this, but I actually think it's done.

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the comment Jurassic, I know 1.06 is coming (I watch all the Warriors Den streams). Usually I am pretty lucky when it comes to connection issues, 2 or 3 errors a night with large blocks of uniterrupted play in between. Think I just had bad luck tonight with rage quitters and hosts with poor NATs.

Oh and it's 'he' Candle :) You can't tell when I'm on my PK of course ... well, I'm not even sure she's a she after seeing through the bars of the Lysanthir, more of an 'it' ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 02:15 AM
Heheh it was more the eye avatar, made me wonder but then all >.> hmm I never knew. My avatar doesn't always reflect me but this time it does, he too lol, though I would have picked Wrench anyway, I want his mask.

And yeah on topic, I have found I can get through more 4v4's, I couldn't at all at the beginning, so I know it is getting better, it is just like you say other games there is no disconnect (or most, Destiny was horrendous) and sometimes it is a matter of you know what that's four times now I need to do something else. I just did think it worth saying goodness, Gray is ticked and you're one of the reasonable ones.

And that lysanthir picture, I am going to start owing you royalties eventually lol.

UbiJurassic
04-17-2017, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the comment Jurassic, I know 1.06 is coming (I watch all the Warriors Den streams). Usually I am pretty lucky when it comes to connection issues, 2 or 3 errors a night with large blocks of uniterrupted play in between. Think I just had bad luck tonight with rage quitters and hosts with poor NATs.

Oh and it's 'he' Candle :) You can't tell when I'm on my PK of course ... well, I'm not even sure she's a she after seeing through the bars of the Lysanthir, more of an 'it' ;)

Regardless, we're sorry to hear that you experienced connectivity issues this evening and we hope patch 1.06 alleviates most of those problems. Thanks for regularly tuning into the stream as well! UbiNoty and I usually lurk in the stream chats to get a feel for the community's view on the news that gets shared.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 02:29 AM
I watch it on youtube to avoid the chat >.> but yeah it is a good thing to watch.

RighteousHooo
04-17-2017, 02:56 AM
Well it's great to know that we might be getting some help......3 weeks from now lol. This has to be a joke, I'm sure you have all heard the expression "time is money" also happens to be the most valuable commodity in existence but Ubisoft has no problem wasting ours repeatedly. OP claims he's lucky and can play almost uninterrupted most nights well plenty of us can't and I'm curious why this game I purchased still doesn't work as advertised? And I would rather not hear about unexpected bugs or you can't prepare for server loads blah blah. T hi is isn't COD there isn't millions of people logging into this game daily, the ball has been dropped and now it's just being kicked further and further down the road.

Kujatyrial
04-17-2017, 04:44 AM
For real. I can't even attempt
To play the game anymore. It pisses me off so bad. Last time I played was two weeks ago and it was outrageous. I got booted 4 of 6 games. Come on Ubi. I payed $100 bucks for this game because I was so stoked for it. It looked amazing and is a awesome games. But between connection issues and terrible balancing. It became a game that is not worth $5. Because you cannot play it. Get dedicated servers. Please fix the connection. That should be priority número uno on your to do list. I Have have 3 friends that have deleted the game and 4 more that just stopped playing because of connection issues.

Hope it all gets fixed. I would love to be able to play again. Essecially with the new dlc.

Hillbill79
04-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Have you tried dropping to yellow nat? I did and it sorted the DC's out for the most part... Even the devs have yellow nat on the livestreams.

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Have you tried dropping to yellow nat? I did and it sorted the DC's out for the most part... Even the devs have yellow nat on the livestreams.

I'm on Console so not sure how I would do that, other than to try taking my XB1 out of the DMZ? Seems crazy to try to make my NAT worse, but I have seen you mention this before and I've been considering it for a while now ... that thing about Reds can only connect to Greens ... seems so unfair when you've done everything you can to ensure you have a solid Green NAT, and you get rewarded with the dregs of NAT society.

Hillbill79
04-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Lot of info here about nats on XB1.

I'm a PC player so never done it on xbox.

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/CA64019E-0640-46B6-8BE1-2A8FA0F3E96D

I'm on Console so not sure how I would do that, other than to try taking my XB1 out of the DMZ? Seems crazy to try to make my NAT worse, but I have seen you mention this before and I've been considering it for a while now ... that thing about Reds can only connect to Greens ... seems so unfair when you've done everything you can to ensure you have a solid Green NAT, and you get rewarded with the dregs of NAT society.

Hillbill79
04-17-2017, 01:54 PM
16 minutes into this, it shows you how it connects players.

Looking at that... it seems green nat are most likely to be DC'd, followed by red, then yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yJagD4FRE&t=6071s

Gray360UK
04-17-2017, 01:59 PM
16 minutes into this, it shows you how it connects players.

Looking at that... it seems green nat are most likely to be DC'd, followed by red, then yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yJagD4FRE&t=6071s

Cheers man, very helpful :)

Hillbill79
04-17-2017, 02:05 PM
No problem mate. :)

Cheers man, very helpful :)

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Its getting old.

Even if you finally get a match running, it is completely imbalanced and people leave after their first defeat and the problems start over again.

You will never get stable matches, if your matchups are imbalanced and dominated by cheese and lag.

teamspirit1
04-17-2017, 03:19 PM
i am sick of this..cant complete a single game of dominion since yesterday.and its not only me.nearly all players getting disconnected with error.cant ****ing complete orders.its worst since yesterday.

gkwaylander
04-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Logged in today (xbox), tried to do my orders. Launching brawl vs AI failed 5 times in a row. Tried elimination mode and failed three times in a row. Fifteen minutes of frustration and on to a different game. Thanks UbiSoft.

Hillbill79
04-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Do none of you read the whole thread?

gkwaylander
04-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Do none of you read the whole thread?

Yes, I have yellow NAT and the game is unplayable. But there may be a patch in 3 week that may or may not improve things. Thanks UbiSoft.

DrExtrem
04-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Yes, I have yellow NAT and the game is unplayable. But there may be a patch in 3 week that may or may not improve things. Thanks UbiSoft.

Until that point, you may enjoy bots, that suddenly turn into light spamming killing machines.

RatedChaotic
04-17-2017, 08:13 PM
Come on Ubisoft please, this is getting old.

You don't have many people still left on your side, and I've been here through thick and thin since the Closed Alpha days, but this is getting ridiculous. I have been kicked out of more games today than in the last 2 weeks put together. Most of them almost complete Skirmish matches we were just about to win, with me top of the scoreboard, trying to complete 50 kills in Skirmish, 10 Honourable kills in Skirmish and Complete 5 Skirmish matches as a Vanguard. Progress is so slow with all these errors. Should have taken me a few games. Out of 8 attempted Skirmish games only 2 have completed.

You really have to do something about this soon and stop leaving your playerbase to suffer. I came from 5 months of solid Battlefield 1 playing before For Honor came out, and I didn't get kicked from that game once. A lot of people have a lot of patience with you and have suffered for a long time, prepared to give you a chance. Time to step up and do something, before even your biggest fans say enough is enough.

Ya totally agree with ya Grey...I'm a pvper first and pve second. Tho in this game I'm flip flopped. Mainly because of the connection issues. I'd rather get a few hours of constant matches vs AI than a few hours of completing a handful of matches with disconnects in this pvp.

After playing the betas of For Honor I had to get this game. I usually have games installed of different genres and this one easily took MKX spot. Tho the disconnects in the online play are so horrible, It turned me into a pve'er NO!

I hope these patches do fix a lot of these issues. I'm ready to finish more matches than I get dc'd from. I'll finally be a pvp'er again.