PDA

View Full Version : raider buffs devs please read thank you

A4einboy
04-16-2017, 08:32 PM
i main raider and i am rep 16. raider needs hyper Armour at least after the first strike. give him a shoulder bash or push to open people up and make his guard switching faster .raider gets nothing from parrys and his lights and heaveys are way to slow even raiders feints are so slow that in the middle of a feint i could be interrupted with anyone's lights. after a guard break the only strike guaranteed it an unbloacble but that consume way to much stamina for only a 28 damage lol DEVS come on lets get this going so at least raider will be balanced

cragar212
04-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Lol well I have a R11 Raider main and that list is crazy.

Raider gets confirmed top heavy on assasins on parry, side heavy on all other classes except conq who he gets a GB on.

Playing raider is all about mind games using feints, baits and parrys. He hits hard and has the 2nd biggest punish in the game. If you are looking for a fast attack spam class try assasin.

What he really needs is a confirmed side heavy on GB to start.

Guard swap speed equalization between classes or atleast a smaller difference would be nice though. He is getting a first round of buffs in 2 weeks.

A4einboy
04-16-2017, 09:03 PM
so its ok for warlord to have a headbutt ,fullblock, grabing u and throwing u any where he wants and a charge valk has almost the same with her full block her charge and leg sweep and as for raider parrying its a gussening game for consoles. raders feints are so slow that anyones lights can interupt it so even if they give him a couple things from my list im not asking for all and why not .....awww never mind this thread is for the devs oh and lawbringer has shoves , the pancake thing and unblocables so in order for raider to atleast compete against other heros he needs more thats why hes listed as easy

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 09:06 PM
I was on the Raider needs a buff train, but after what I saw last night I am not sure he needs BIG buffs.

I was with a Prestige 8 Raider last night for 3 matches and I watched the guy win 2v1s and 3v1s with EASE. And the people he was beating weren't scrubs either. They knew how to play but that damn Raider guy was on a whole other level.

The way he was using the Raider was the craziest thing I have seen in the game so far.

A4einboy
04-16-2017, 09:09 PM
if three people couldnt beat a raider then they didnt know how to play they probably where not feinting him or even trying to parry him hahaha i would like to see the match

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 09:20 PM
if three people couldnt beat a raider then they didnt know how to play they probably where not feinting him or even trying to parry him hahaha i would like to see the match

Thats the thing.

They WERE doing all that. iIn one game he won in overtime 3v1 while he was the only person on our team standing. The guy just GB countered, parried, blocked, stunned and swung his way to victory. He just kept popping revenge and it was on Sanctuary Bridge on the bridge just behind the bell tower so he backed onto it to make sure they didn't have alot of space to gang up on him. And he just picked them off one by one and since it was in such a tight space they couldn't rez each other

Granted I'm on PS4 so the revenge gear he was using is still broken until the patch hits, but damn if it wasn't wildly impressive to watch.

A4einboy
04-16-2017, 09:28 PM
hes getting buffed anyways but have u guys seen what raider gets when parrying a nabushi light attacks ? try it

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 09:30 PM
hes getting buffed anyways but have u guys seen what raider gets when parrying a nabushi light attacks ? try it

Oh I know and he should.

I just hope they don't overdo it.

Because then they would have to nerf him and then they could overdo THAT

cragar212
04-16-2017, 09:48 PM
so its ok for warlord to have a headbutt ,fullblock, grabing u and throwing u any where he wants and a charge valk has almost the same with her full block her charge and leg sweep and as for raider parrying its a gussening game for consoles. raders feints are so slow that anyones lights can interupt it so even if they give him a couple things from my list im not asking for all and why not .....awww never mind this thread is for the devs oh and lawbringer has shoves , the pancake thing and unblocables so in order for raider to atleast compete against other heros he needs more thats why hes listed as easy

It sounds like you don't really understand the classes design. If the playstyle doesn't suit you try a class that does.

Here is a raider guide from the #2 tourny player in the world. I really suggest you watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpUdH-140Eo

UbiJurassic
04-17-2017, 12:17 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/MMUJuyQBqvBuw/giphy.gif

Our first pass at buffs for the Raider will be coming with patch 1.06.

Something "Legendary" this way comes. Spread the word.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 12:19 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/MMUJuyQBqvBuw/giphy.gif

Our first pass at buffs for the Raider will be coming with patch 1.06.

Something "Legendary" this way comes. Spread the word.

Whats that sound..........can you hear it?

Its sounds like......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p83F7NU6mI

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 02:24 AM
Personally, I'd rather not see the raider buffed.

I'd rather prefer other classes toned down to raider levels by removing "safe spams" or "1-button 50/50s" or "quickfire unblockable spams."

That'd be heckuva lot more balanced.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 02:27 AM
Personally, I'd rather not see the raider buffed.

I'd rather prefer other classes toned down to raider levels by removing "safe spams" or "1-button 50/50s" or "quickfire unblockable spams."

That'd be heckuva lot more balanced.

No.

You don't nerf other classes just because one class is bad.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 02:37 AM
No.

You don't nerf other classes just because one class is bad.

Actually, that's how balancing is done in principle.

When you have a handful few OP classes, you bring that handful few down to normal levels -- not give everyone unbalanced krap of powers and make the entire game go haywire.

Besides, the Raider's not BAD per se.

"Bad" is something like the Conqueror. Design-wise, the Conqs a very shallow class with veryy little depth in variance of combat, and simply makes it up with a select few bullshi* skills crammed up its arse, so its an essentially "1 trick pony, but with a OP trick". That's what you call "bad".

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 02:39 AM
Actually, that's how balancing is done in principle.

When you have a handful few OP classes, you bring that handful few down to normal levels -- not give everyone unbalanced krap of powers and make the entire game go haywire.

Besides, the Raider's not BAD per se.

"Bad" is something like the Conqueror. Design-wise, the Conqs a very shallow class with veryy little depth in variance of combat, and simply makes it up with a select few bullshi* skills crammed up its arse, so its an essentially "1 trick pony, but with a OP trick". That's what you call "bad".

I'm glad that you aren't in charge of the balancing lol

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 03:22 AM
I'm glad that you aren't in charge of the balancing lol

And I've seen what people like you make when they take charge of balancing. lel