PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft can you please just let us buy the patterns and visual stuff we want?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Before people start jumping down my throat and claiming i want stuff handed to me on a silver platter or that I am talking about spending real money for all of it.

I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying that not everyone plays a single hero and not everyone has infinite time to level up their favorite hero to prestige 1000 or whatever. So there is a significant portion of paint patterns, engravings and symbols that some of us will NEVER have due to time constraints or lack of a singular main hero.

I myself alternate between Raider, Orochi, Bezerker, and Shugoki because otherwise I feel that the combat gets a bit repetitive so I like to switch it up to keep it fresh.

But due to this fact none of them are above prestige 1 and none of them will realistically be leveled high enough to where I can access some of the cooler patterns, color schemes and engravings.

Not everyone is gonna have the amount of free time its gonna take to get to the later rewards and that seems kinda lame to me.

So can we please either have the requirements adjusted or just let us spend the steel we earn or buy on the cosmetic stuff we actually want? I mean hell even Rainbow 6 Siege lets you spend your renown on whatever shiny charms or skins we want for our favorite operators.

From your perspective Ubisoft its a win win. Players are happy that they can customize and pimp out their heroes and you make money because impatient people would obviously wanna buy steel in order to afford all their patterns, colors and engravings.

Just a thought and I would love to hear some feedback on this idea from a forum mod.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 12:41 AM
Wow really?

There is only a few of us that would want this? lol

TheNinefingers
04-17-2017, 01:29 AM
Now this i can get on the same boat as you for!

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Now this i can get on the same boat as you for!

Right?

Some of the best looking stuff is stuff I will NEVER be able to get just because the amount of time and effort it would take.

It would also allow people to be more personal in their design of their heroes. Make them feel more special and unique.

Adananthony
04-17-2017, 02:31 AM
Is this coming from the guy who reported me for afk farming merely because he said my reputation was too high and he hadn't seen one that level before?
By the way, I guess Ubi did actual research and found I'm legit unlike you.

So stop being a crybaby who wants everything given to him and earn the rewards the way they were intended to be earned.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 02:38 AM
So stop being a crybaby who wants everything given to him and earn the rewards the way they were intended to be earned.

Someone didn't bother to read the OP lol

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 02:46 AM
Before people start jumping down my throat and claiming i want stuff handed to me on a silver platter or that I am talking about spending real money for all of it.

I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying that not everyone plays a single hero and not everyone has infinite time to level up their favorite hero to prestige 1000 or whatever. So there is a significant portion of paint patterns, engravings and symbols that some of us will NEVER have due to time constraints or lack of a singular main hero.

I myself alternate between Raider, Orochi, Bezerker, and Shugoki because otherwise I feel that the combat gets a bit repetitive so I like to switch it up to keep it fresh.

But due to this fact none of them are above prestige 1 and none of them will realistically be leveled high enough to where I can access some of the cooler patterns, color schemes and engravings.

Not everyone is gonna have the amount of free time its gonna take to get to the later rewards and that seems kinda lame to me.

So can we please either have the requirements adjusted or just let us spend the steel we earn or buy on the cosmetic stuff we actually want? I mean hell even Rainbow 6 Siege lets you spend your renown on whatever shiny charms or skins we want for our favorite operators.

From your perspective Ubisoft its a win win. Players are happy that they can customize and pimp out their heroes and you make money because impatient people would obviously wanna buy steel in order to afford all their patterns, colors and engravings.

Just a thought and I would love to hear some feedback on this idea from a forum mod.

I think content in video games should always have to be unlocked through ranking or challenges. The option to buy content with in game currency is dreadful. You and I both know unlocking the content isn't the problem in this game. It's just the content that you unlock is horrible. 5 reps with a single character just to unlock a few symbols and colour schemes? It's insane. We need more customization, ornaments for the body, arms, legs and head. Special executions, effects and emotes. These are the things we should be unlocking through ranking. But instead we have to pay an enormous sum of in game currency for them, while we unlock colours and symbols with hardly any difference between each new one you unlock.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 02:51 AM
I think content in video games should always have to be unlocked through ranking or challenges. The option to buy content with in game currency is dreadful. You and I both know unlocking the content isn't the problem in this game.

No

It IS the problem.

Not everyone has a ridiculous amount of time to invest into a game and not everyone uses only one character. The way the system is now only rewards the people play this game while using only one character and do almost nothing else.

Not everyone has the luxury of that much time and not everyone likes to use the same hero forever.

psyminion
04-17-2017, 03:18 AM
let's do it.

let's remove any kind of time/skill reward system and instead lock everything customizable behind a pay-wall.

let's also reward people who quit matches before it ends, because they are scared their stats will take a hit from the pounding they took, or it just wasn't 'fun' enough.

let's also give everyone (who can pay for it) an instant win button so they don't have to spend time playing the game just to 'feel' like they are winners.

and then let's turn that abomination into a mobile game so people can take their 'fancy insta-win warrior fashion show' game with them so they can win and look good doing it while doing something else cool, like taking a poop or riding the bus.

c'mon ubisoft this is a brilliant idea.
we'll all become billionaires!

berserker7331
04-17-2017, 03:36 AM
/no support. I did not get my warden to prestige 28 for an engraving just so cheap people can buy it. Earn it through time

Kaotic_CipherTV
04-17-2017, 03:44 AM
I like earning stuff, but it should be faction unlocks for the patterns, colors, engravings, and symbols. But they should have actual unlockable outfits/skins on a character unlock basis.

Unlocking an engraving or pattern on one character of a faction and changing characters just to unlock it again is silly to me. Its pretty much 4 different progressions for the same reward.

Burn-The-Sinner
04-17-2017, 07:11 AM
yeah, that's a good idea.

these customizations must be able to be bought with steel. Especially the armor color scheme. It will certainly boost the steel economy and some people might be driven to purchase steel.

as for the skill/reward thing: that is what titles and ranks are for.

The_B0G_
04-17-2017, 08:46 AM
I get what you're saying about it taking a long time to unlock the highest level cosmetics but it's supposed to take a long time, you can already buy veteran status to level up faster and you can spend money to get steel to buy those expensive outfits that give extra cosmetics you don't unlock by leveling.

I think it's good the way it is, someone who put a hundred hours of time in with a single character should have cooler looking gear than someone who logs on and throws 50 dollars extra on the game and he can get all the same gear and unlocks in the first 10 minutes with the character.

It's purely cosmetic, you can't put everything in the game on an easy acquire button, there has to be some payoff for sticking with one character and maxing his rep.

escacleo
04-17-2017, 09:06 AM
I don't think you should be able to buy anything within any game. Earn it. Use it.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 09:36 AM
I don't think you should be able to buy anything within any game. Earn it. Use it.

So your saying that those people who paid the same amount for the game as you did but don't have infinite free time should just piss off and shouldn't have access to content?

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Finish a few more matches, get more xp, get neat stuff quicker.

Problem solved

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Finish a few more matches, get more xp, get neat stuff quicker.

Problem solved

Yeah except some stuff is locked behind Prestige 15+ and not everyone has that kind of time or uses the same hero all the time.

Read the OP for god sake at least.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 10:43 AM
I did read it, didn't care. Some people put a lot of time into getting that stuff, and every time someone like you chucked them out of a game because you couldn't be bothered, they spent longer. Earn it like everyone else.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-17-2017, 10:47 AM
No I really dont want to see this at all. I want the game to steer more towards a combination of both merit+steel OR just merit based unlocks so people can stand out who dedicate time to perfecting one char.

People should stand out based on merit for extremely difficulty challenges or/and time spent with said char. right now people mostly stand out for spending the most money in the steel store.

If everyone can unlock all the best stuff, then theres NO POINT in having that stuff.

BananaBlighter
04-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Hmmm. This is an interesting proposal. See, I think there does need to be an alternative way to obtain the high level patterns, because a lot of people don't have enough time. I think I'm in support of your suggestion, but make the high level cosmetics very expensive so that people can't just buy them all - they have to choose one they want and work their way up to getting it. Gaining steel still takes time and effort, but if you decide to buy a pattern rather than level up to it, you won't be getting all the other unlocks along the way. If it is priced so that gathering the steel to buy every piece of gear takes around the same amount of time as leveling up all the way, then I think it could work.

Of course some people can just buy steel, but I'm OK with this too. I've never used micro-transactions, but honestly I don't understand the hate towards it, especially if it's only for cosmetics. If someone has high level gear/patterns/whatever, why do you care what method they used to obtain it? I think it's a good thing: people that don't have time can still enjoy the game; Ubisoft makes money; they spend that money on updating the game to improve it for all the other players. Win-win situation for everybody.

For people talking about merit, I have to disagree. There is no merit for simply spending a lot of time playing a game. It doesn't mean you're good at the game, just that you have a lot of free time. When I see a rep 30 player, I don't think, "Wow!"...I think, "Sad". If I see a player playing particularly well, it doesn't matter what level they are: that is when I will think, "Wow!". If you want to reward players based on merit, give them stuff for performing difficult tasks that take skill rather than time.

Maybe introduce a new currency like 'gold', which is earned for every kill you get, and subtracted for every death. The longer a kill-streak, the more of this currency you earn per kill. That includes between matches (so if I play two duels and go 3-0 in both, I will have a kill-streak of 6). Also you could have another order which gives you gold, but which is extremely hard (e.g. 'complete a game of Skirmish with no deaths and 10+ kills' or 'hold a specific control zone for the entirety of a Dominion game, and win the game'). This currency can then be used to unlock cosmetics that are above your current level, or traded in for steel & XP. It also cannot be bought through micro-transactions (though personally I would have no problem if micro-transactions were available).

This way, players that don't have time but are actually good at the game can be rewarded. When you see someone with that gear you will know either (a) they waste their entire life on this game, or (b) they're actually good at the game. Honestly, If it were up to me, it would always be the latter, and all rewards would be based on your performance rather than time spent playing. The thing is that, Ubi need to keep people playing the game, so forcing people to spend time to unlock certain items is a great way of doing that.

Joseph_2017
04-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Ain't gonna happen, they need to make $$ from steel packs. By rolling random items you'll spend more on steel of if you really want it.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 12:19 PM
This way, players that don't have time but are actually good at the game can be rewarded. When you see someone with that gear you will know either (a) they waste their entire life on this game, or (b) they're actually good at the game. Honestly, If it were up to me, it would always be the latter, and all rewards would be based on your performance rather than time spent playing. The thing is that, Ubi need to keep people playing the game, so forcing people to spend time to unlock certain items is a great way of doing that.

See here is the thing, that still wouldn't help the OP.

He quits if his partners don't follow the same honour code he does or at the very least decides he will hinder their chances of winning
He quits if the other team gank 'bad enough'
He quits if his team are losing, in his opinion, beyond saving, thereby risking kicking everyone out of the game
He quits if someone doesn't want to wait five seconds for him to do his bow after fight start

At least part of this is because he hasn't gotten the xp he otherwise would have and basically he is wanting something that he has gimped his own chances of getting. As for people who get high level, some people play one game at a time or most of their time on one game. I might one day get my peacekeeper to rep 30, I might not, I will be fine either way with that but I won't for one second be behind anyone wanting the easy way when they hinder themselves to begin with.

LightofBaldur
04-17-2017, 02:03 PM
For real I just want to troll people by being an all black armored edgy *** warden. I can't do that because I have to get the dude up to rep 9 damn near. I'm never going to play him that much, I'd commit sudoku. Plus I only play brawls, which give terrible exp. I would have to abandon playing my main and my life to get him to rep 9 that way.

BananaBlighter
04-17-2017, 04:31 PM

He quits if his partners don't follow the same honour code he does or at the very least decides he will hinder their chances of winning
He quits if his team are losing, in his opinion, beyond saving, thereby risking kicking everyone out of the game
He quits if someone doesn't want to wait five seconds for him to do his bow after fight start

At least part of this is because he hasn't gotten the xp he otherwise would have and basically he is wanting something that he has gimped his own chances of getting. As for people who get high level, some people play one game at a time or most of their time on one game. I might one day get my peacekeeper to rep 30, I might not, I will be fine either way with that but I won't for one second be behind anyone wanting the easy way when they hinder themselves to begin with.

Well there's no doubt they need to somehow punish leaving. IDK how but it needs to happen.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Well there's no doubt they need to somehow punish leaving. IDK how but it needs to happen.

Thing is people have already said pfft who needs the salvage and xp (let's just forget that the others who might get kicked out for his selfishness might want that), it is the reason he threw out for what incentive does he have. Now he is saying he wants to buy the stuff that his own actions put him no closer to and right now that punishing leaving, that is you are no closer to that stuff you want than you were fifteen minutes ago. Unless Ubisoft bring in real consequences, not some piddling you can't play for ten minutes, that is the only real incentive left once they have 108 gear on that character.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 11:39 PM

No I don't. I have already stated that I gave up on Honor in Dominion.

I have left exactly 3 games ever due to this. The thread/post you are referring to was a rage post when I got out of a match where the 4 people were spamming revenge gear and running in a group of 4.

He quits if someone doesn't want to wait five seconds for him to do his bow after fight start.

This was a joke thread I made when I was bored and was poking fun at people who are THAT hyper serious about Honor in this game.

I still cannot believe people took it that seriously lol As if ANYONE is so dense and stubborn to leave a game over someone not emoting them back

Once again. For what feels like the 1000th time.

I.Do. Not. Constantly. Quit. Games.

You keep acting like I leave 90% of my games. I don't. In fact over the last two days I haven't quit a single game. Th fact that I have every hero except Warlord and Kensei at Prestige 1 just further shows that I don't constantly leave.

This is a made up insult and argument that you insist on trying to perpetuate because instead of actually have a cohesive discussion in any of my threads you just come in and insult me and talk trash to other people and then tell THEM those lies and assumptions which then makes them distrust or dismiss me for no actual factual reason.

The fact that I admit that I have left games due to various reasons and continue to do so on occasion does not mean I ALWAYS leave games I am losing or that I ragequit for any and every reason under the sun.

You seriously need to pay attention to what the **** I am actually saying instead of perpetuating false assumptions and overblowing old posts and threads I have made.

Just because you don't like my opinions does not give you the right to spread false information about me to other posters on these forums. Especially when I have now corrected you on multiple occasions.

CandleInTheDark
04-17-2017, 11:50 PM
The problem is you write so many threads so often saying that you do. What else am I to believe? Especially when you then ask for an easy way to the only stuff that affects.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 11:59 PM
The problem is you write so many threads so often saying that you do. What else am I to believe? Especially when you then ask for an easy way to the only stuff that affects.

If my reasoning was """"DUUUUUUHHHHH LEVELING IZ HERD AND I WUNT MUH STUFF NOW"""" then yeah I would agree with you.

I gave comprehensive and logical reasoning as why the current system is flawed. The rewards for MASSIVE amounts of time and energy put into a SINGLE character is minor cosmetic changes for that SINGLE character.

As I stated in the OP not everyone has that kind of time and not everyone plays the same hero forever. So the current system is rewarding ONLY those who play all the time and only playing a single hero all the time.

That is not a balanced system.

I am not asking to buy my 108 gear (Which you can already do. Which is BS btw) I am asking to be able to get the paint patterns I want and the engravings I want so that my heroes don't look EXACTLY THE SAME as everyone elses.

As I also stated in the OP this would not only allow players to make their heroes more unique and personalized it would also add revenue to the game through people buying steel in order to get the patterns and stuff they want. Which obviously would lead to better content and support from the devs down the road because MONEY is something that game companies love and they wanna keep customers happy in order to get more.

You are acting like I am some lazy schlub that is just screaming for handouts and wanting a win button.

I am a player that would like to be able to personalize his favorite characters. That doesn't make me evil.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 12:00 AM
If my reasoning was """"DUUUUUUHHHHH LEVELING IZ HERD AND I WUNT MUH STUFF NOW"""" then yeah I would agree with you.

I gave comprehensive and logical reasoning as why the current system is flawed. The rewards for MASSIVE amounts of time and energy put into a SINGLE character is minor cosmetic changes for that SINGLE character.

As I stated in the OP not everyone has that kind of time and not everyone plays the same hero forever. So the current system is rewarding ONLY those who play all the time and only playing a single hero all the time.

That is not a balanced system.

I am not asking to buy my 108 gear (Which you can already do. Which is BS btw) I am asking to be able to get the paint patterns I want and the engravings I want so that my heroes don't look EXACTLY THE SAME as everyone elses.

As I also stated in the OP this would not only allow players to make their heroes more unique and personalized it would also add revenue to the game through people buying steel in order to get the patterns and stuff they want. Which obviously would lead to better content and support from the devs down the road because MONEY is something that game companies love and they wanna keep customers happy in order to get more.

You are acting like I am some lazy schlub that is just screaming for handouts and wanting a win button.

I am a player that would like to be able to personalize his favorite characters. That doesn't make me evil.

I am not saying that it does, what I am saying is the threads and statements I have seen you make and what youare asking here lead to a very easy conclusion to jump to, and if that is a false conclusion I apologise fully, but it is what your own words over time make it easy to believe. And for accuracy, that first quote was for brawl, by the by, not dominion.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 12:10 AM
I am not saying that it does, what I am saying is the threads and statements I have seen you make and what youare asking here lead to a very easy conclusion to jump to, and if that is a false conclusion I apologise fully, but it is what your own words over time make it easy to believe. And for accuracy, that first quote was for brawl, by the by, not dominion.

This is a game forum. 90% of the posts people make are to complain about something. I get that its easy to jump to conclusions about someone (I am guilty of it OFTEN) but for the most part its just frustrated people who wanna like the game but have an issue.

ProTip: If a post of mine is short, blunt and full of bait? I am most likely not being serious.

You can tell when I am being serious (Like this thread) when I take time to carefully lay out problem, the reasoning for my problem, and how I would like to see it fixed.

I just want my color schemes and engravings for my guys. But in that same breath I don't have infinite time to dump into the 4 main people I use.

Locking minor things like color schemes and cosmetic changes behind gratuitous level grinding and at the same time charging a ransom for basic emotes and executions is absurd and it is truly the only MAJOR issue I have with the game. I get that Ubisoft needs to make money and that we are getting free DLC in return for the microtransactions but for something like that to be locked behind hours upon hours of grinding is hollow and frustrating.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 12:14 AM
This is a game forum. 90% of the posts people make are to complain about something. I get that its easy to jump to conclusions about someone (I am guilty of it OFTEN) but for the most part its just frustrated people who wanna like the game but have an issue.

ProTip: If a post of mine is short, blunt and full of bait? I am most likely not being serious.

You can tell when I am being serious (Like this thread) when I take time to carefully lay out problem, the reasoning for my problem, and how I would like to see it fixed.

I just want my color schemes and engravings for my guys. But in that same breath I don't have infinite time to dump into the 4 main people I use.

Locking minor things like color schemes and cosmetic changes behind gratuitous level grinding and at the same time charging a ransom for basic emotes and executions is absurd and it is truly the only MAJOR issue I have with the game. I get that Ubisoft needs to make money and that we are getting free DLC in return for the microtransactions but for something like that to be locked behind hours upon hours of grinding is hollow and frustrating.

Ok, fair enough and again I apologise. I still don't really agree with this topic but yeah it appears I took baiting as serious and I would never knowingly spread false information about someone because I disagree with them..

CoyoteXStarrk
04-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Ok, fair enough and again I apologise. I still don't really agree with this topic but yeah it appears I took baiting as serious and I would never knowingly spread false information about someone because I disagree with them..

No problem.

Its a forum so there will always be a lil bait here and there and I do so mostly for fun, but sometimes I can be intentionally dense out of frustration.

I get pissed during a match about *Insert reason here* and since I have a dual monitor setup My computer is literally RIGHT HERE so I make a thread while pissed (And occasionally intoxicated if its the weekend) about how *Insert reason here* is stupid and I hate it and its unfair.

Do I ACTUALLY think its unfair and stupid? Probably not. But in that moment Idc.

Just like how when you get beaten savagely in a match or game and you convince yourself that its due to lag, the game or even gear stats. Is it ACTUALLY any of that? Of course not. You got beat because you did something wrong or your opponent did something right but in the moment you are too pissed to care.

CandleInTheDark
04-18-2017, 12:39 AM
No problem.

Its a forum so there will always be a lil bait here and there and I do so mostly for fun, but sometimes I can be intentionally dense out of frustration.

I get pissed during a match about *Insert reason here* and since I have a dual monitor setup My computer is literally RIGHT HERE so I make a thread while pissed (And occasionally intoxicated if its the weekend) about how *Insert reason here* is stupid and I hate it and its unfair.

Do I ACTUALLY think its unfair and stupid? Probably not. But in that moment Idc.

Just like how when you get beaten savagely in a match or game and you convince yourself that its due to lag, the game or even gear stats. Is it ACTUALLY any of that? Of course not. You got beat because you did something wrong or your opponent did something right but in the moment you are too pissed to care.

Yeah fair point, i will try to bear that in mind in future.