PDA

View Full Version : There is a difference between crying for nerfs and pointing out balance issues people

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 07:56 PM
I keep seeing this in all kinds of threads. People come into balance threads and start yelling and moaning about how scrubs gotta git guud and stop begging for nerfs because it will somehow ruin the game and the world will end.

There is a VERY BIG difference between crying for nerfs and pointing out issues.

Crying for nerfs

- "OH MY GERD *insert hero here* BEAT ME SO CLEARLY THAT MEANS THEY OP PLS NERF ASAP"

- "OH MY GERD I KEEP LOSING TO *Insert hero here* THERE NEEDS TO BE CHANGES OR I AM DONE"

Pointing out issues

- Hey guys I noticed PK light attacks are almost impossible to block regularly with any degree of accuracy. Can we get that looked at please?

- Hey guys Nobushi takes too long to switch her blocks up and due to this fact she can't block some hero attacks accurately. Can we get that looked at please?

See? Very different. Not saying that people DON'T beg for nerfs on here because god knows they do. I'm just saying there is a fine line between nerf begging and pointing out balance problems. Even if they ultimately do have the same effect.

Netcode_err_404
04-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Wat ?

Are you really trying to bring logic into the internet ? Piss off.

If I say FH is a broken mess, and seems an alpha, Im clearly an hater.

If I say warlords are broken ( pointing down the reasons), I need to git gud,

Welcome to the internet. People know the difference between a cry and a legit argument, but THEY CHOOSE to not care.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 08:22 PM
Wat ?

Are you really trying to bring logic into the internet ? Piss off.

If I say FH is a broken mess, and seems an alpha, Im clearly an hater.

If I say warlords are broken ( pointing down the reasons), I need to git gud,

Welcome to the internet. People know the difference between a cry and a legit argument, but THEY CHOOSE to not care.

You would be amazed at how stupid some people can be. There are some who GENUINELY do not see a difference between balancing and nerfing.

Netcode_err_404
04-16-2017, 08:25 PM
You would be amazed at how stupid some people can be. There are some who GENUINELY do not see a difference between balancing and nerfing.

I think they know, but they choose to not care because probably they are/will exploiting such a mechanic.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 08:26 PM
i think they know, but they choose to not care because probably they are/will exploiting such a mechanic.

how dare they fix that exploit that i was using

uninstalled1!!!11!!1!1

Netcode_err_404
04-16-2017, 08:29 PM
how dare they fix that exploit that i was using

uninstalled1!!!11!!1!1

Check light feints and GB feints thread, that so called "techs" are exploited from self declared pro players out there

Astrolite.
04-16-2017, 09:07 PM
I keep seeing this in all kinds of threads. People come into balance threads and start yelling and moaning about how scrubs gotta git guud and stop begging for nerfs because it will somehow ruin the game and the world will end.

There is a VERY BIG difference between crying for nerfs and pointing out issues.

Everyone is allowed to give his opinion. This goes both ways.
If someone enjoys the game, he is allowed to say this, without being attacked from 10 directions because he dares to say he enjoys the game on the forums of that game

There are many levels of feedback. From very unconstructive, to slightly constructive to very constructive.

The most unconstructive form is simply stating your opinion in a very rude way (which was happening ion the majority of the topics) 'F-word you this game is S-word'
Which is feedback that no one can use.

An example of slightly constructive would be 'I don't like X-feature'. While it does not show why you don't like it, at least you do not insult anyone and show that you don't like a specific feature.
This example can be stated in a much more rude way 'this system S-word'. While you try to make the same point, this shows a lack of respect. If you show disrespect for us or the game in such a way, it for us means you simply hate the game or at least a certain feature. You show a message that you wish the feature to not be there. Changing it will never be good enough. Removing it is often something that won't happen, or even can't happen., if they would remove it, no one would be able to join the game if they do not replace it with something else. Therefore stating that you do not wish that the feature exists, simply does not provide any feedback they can use.

The most constructive form is Opinion + argument (+fix). 'I don't like X-feature, because' This shows in much more detail that you want something changed and why exactly you want to see it changed. Then they can focus on that small aspect of the feature to see how they can change that specific part.

While you don't always have to form a very long post (constructive feedback can be made in just a few sentences), specifying your feedback always makes it more valuable for them. I generally prefer shorter posts, that get straight to the point.