PDA

View Full Version : Valk shield vortex spam

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 06:30 PM
Do I even need to explain or has this already been addressed? Seriously starting to get annoyed so much by Ubisoft. Do they not ****ing play their own games? It's genuinely absurd how almost every hero on this game has some attack that's ****ed up.

CaptainPwnet
04-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Are you talking about revenge or not? Cause she does not have a vortex either way, but yes infinite knockdown in revenge is a bit busted although in her case her heavy damage is so low it almost isnt even an issue. Not like conq/WL anyways.

If you get shield crushed don't dodge spam. The sweep can be dodged on reaction and heavily punished, otherwise block or tech the GB. You start dodge spamming and you'll be giving up free GBs. There is nothing like a vortex here just noob stomping tactics.

Sykoink
04-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Learn how to dodge and punish before crying buckets full of tears. Why are you blaming Ubisoft for not playing their own games while clearly you do not even understand how to counter a Valk. I would say play the game yourself, learn that class that you THINK needs a nerf and learn how other people counter that move.

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Learn how to dodge and punish before crying buckets full of tears. Why are you blaming Ubisoft for not playing their own games while clearly you do not even understand how to counter a Valk. I would say play the game yourself, learn that class that you THINK needs a nerf and learn how other people counter that move.

The Valk is capable of constantly knocking you down and getting a free heavy with revenge. Before you can even recover the shield bash knocks you down again for a free heavy. How the **** am I supposed to counter a move that can't be countered? Get Ubis **** out of your mouth and gtfo if you've got nothing useful to say.

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Are you talking about revenge or not? Cause she does not have a vortex either way, but yes infinite knockdown in revenge is a bit busted although in her case her heavy damage is so low it almost isnt even an issue. Not like conq/WL anyways.

If you get shield crushed don't dodge spam. The sweep can be dodged on reaction and heavily punished, otherwise block or tech the GB. You start dodge spamming and you'll be giving up free GBs. There is nothing like a vortex here just noob stomping tactics.

Yes, the infinite knockdown with revenge. I had 1/2 HP left and she killed me within 4 hits using this broken move. What do you mean it's not an issue?

Ulrichvonbek111
04-17-2017, 10:28 AM
The Valk is capable of constantly knocking you down and getting a free heavy with revenge. Before you can even recover the shield bash knocks you down again for a free heavy. How the **** am I supposed to counter a move that can't be countered? Get Ubis **** out of your mouth and gtfo if you've got nothing useful to say.

Mmmmm yeah seems like you are an intelligent fella...you've got a very high opinion of yourself,,,your opinions count but no one else's do...it's a forum,,not your personal chat room..
Sweet talking a lass like that..would love to give you a new spine with my nodachi,,,it sings for blood just like Stormbringer the stealer of souls...👹💮👺

Would enjoy nothing more than to slap you with the happy side of my nodachi on the field of battle. ..🌅

JackStreicher
04-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Even without revenge, the game is too unresponsive to ****ing dodge. I usually start hitting dodge even before that idiot feetswipe is started and my char won't move. Locked forever in an unending ********. Same goes for most unblockable combo spams. (no change against the buffed LB as well it's just rtidiculous)

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Mmmmm yeah seems like you are an intelligent fella...you've got a very high opinion of yourself,,,your opinions count but no one else's do...it's a forum,,not your personal chat room..
Sweet talking a lass like that..would love to give you a new spine with my nodachi,,,it sings for blood just like Stormbringer the stealer of souls...������

Would enjoy nothing more than to slap you with the happy side of my nodachi on the field of battle. ..��

Hahahaha, okay 3 things mate.

1. I'm stating a fact, not an opinion. Valks shield knockdown is faulted and needs fixing. If you both would have read or actually asked what I'm talking about before jumping to conclusion you would have realized that.

2. I'm sure any lass on these forums is fully capable of backing up their own arguments or opinion without needing big white knight like you stepping in.

3. What the **** are you talking about hahahahahaaha stuck your nodachi up your *** mate lmaoo

Knight_Gregor
04-17-2017, 02:54 PM
In my opinion, the Valkyrie's "Vortex," wouldn't be as much of an issue if her cancel into the shield slam wasn't so friggin' fast.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Hahahaha, okay 3 things mate.

1. I'm stating a fact, not an opinion. Valks shield knockdown is faulted and needs fixing. If you both would have read or actually asked what I'm talking about before jumping to conclusion you would have realized that.

2. I'm sure any lass on these forums is fully capable of backing up their own arguments or opinion without needing big white knight like you stepping in.

3. What the **** are you talking about hahahahahaaha stuck your nodachi up your *** mate lmaoo

Dodge. Problem solved.

The reason the goddarn Warden vortex is a problem is that it cancels into a GB, and a dodge will always give him, an unavoidable GB->Heavy combo. Your light attack MIGHT stop the GB if done fast enough, but in this case an immediate-fire shoulder bash will land, and if you hesitate, you're hit with the shoulder anyways. It's a frickin' UB skill. So basically you're in a disadvantaged mind game being forced to choose 50/50 from a quickfire skill, because you can't be watching for the toplight/ZA 1-button quickfire 50/50 at the same time as watching out for the shoulder/GB 50/50.

The Valkyrie? No such problems.

Dodge -- situation over.

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Dodge. Problem solved.

The reason the goddarn Warden vortex is a problem is that it cancels into a GB, and a dodge will always give him, an unavoidable GB->Heavy combo. Your light attack MIGHT stop the GB if done fast enough, but in this case an immediate-fire shoulder bash will land, and if you hesitate, you're hit with the shoulder anyways. It's a frickin' UB skill. So basically you're in a disadvantaged mind game being forced to choose 50/50 from a quickfire skill, because you can't be watching for the toplight/ZA 1-button quickfire 50/50 at the same time as watching out for the shoulder/GB 50/50.

The Valkyrie? No such problems.

Dodge -- situation over.

Problem not solved. You don't have enough time to recover before being hit with another shield bash that takes you down for a free heavy. It's an infinite combo that can't be escaped.

Gemini-Iceland
04-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Problem not solved. You don't have enough time to recover before being hit with another shield bash that takes you down for a free heavy. It's an infinite combo that can't be escaped.

Think he misunderstood you were talking about the leg sweep probably. But yeah the revenge shield bash into heavy (repeat) is a vortex and yes it is broken for sure. I'm a Valkyre main btw and I find this stupid and try to not abuse this unless the other person was a *****.

Peligrad
04-17-2017, 03:55 PM

There is actually a small window where you can dodge out of this.

Nobushi, Conq, LB, and WL can all do the same thing...

AgentCelt
04-17-2017, 04:25 PM
There is actually a small window where you can dodge out of this.

Nobushi, Conq, LB, and WL can all do the same thing...

I've literally spammed dodge with a Zerker everytime I've been caught in this and I'm knocked back to the floor before my Zerk is even fully back on his feet. I haven't been able to escape this and when I've used it on others with Valk they haven't been able to escape it.

kweassa1917
04-17-2017, 04:55 PM
I've literally spammed dodge with a Zerker everytime I've been caught in this and I'm knocked back to the floor before my Zerk is even fully back on his feet. I haven't been able to escape this and when I've used it on others with Valk they haven't been able to escape it.

Try it on a BOT. That's usually a reliable confirm tool for infini-combo allegations.

BOTs always manage to get out of (claimed) infini-stuff.

Herbstlicht
04-17-2017, 05:03 PM
People always say how easy it is .. it is easy when up against a bot and focusing on just this. It is damn hard in multiplayer with lag on console while trying to fend off those insanely fast lights while doing your best to keep some situational awareness. Not impossible, but at least on console it is incredibly strong and most people will agree with this.