PDA

View Full Version : Yessir Console Tier list discussion

SirRegisKeg
04-16-2017, 06:27 PM
OK disclaimer, not a top player. Just love this game. So to the point, I've noticed people who have set opinions about this games characters mainly stem from PC so maybe it's been talked about and I missed it but it's already been proven by actual top players that console gameplay is drastically different from PC because of the frame data differences. Let us discuss. I'll draw up a rough board feel free to change and adjust.

Also this isn't to create a "your character is overpowered so that's the only reason why you're good at this game" argument, this is for console players to learn and possibly push our understanding of characters a bit further. Again not set in stone so let's create a base line.

OK so. Tier list by a warlord main (open and closed beta)
No letters too I'm letting you guys decide on that. But I'll add a bit of commentary to mine.

Top Tier:

Warlords( the turtle game for warlord is just ridiculous)

Warden(obviously the Vortex mix-ups)

Shugoki( not sure but I heard the shugoki run is balls hard to deal with, I've played some really good players too so he is definitely top tier if not potentially)

Peacekeeper( it's PK)

High Tier:

Valkyrie ( on console you can't consistently parry her speedy lights add the mix-up to her and you got a tough game)

Berserker ( just based on the good players I've 1v1)

Kensei (good tools)

Orochi (very fast)

Low tier:

Nobushi

Raider

Conqueror( that nerf ****ed him, he used to be scary)

Lawbringer( we will see where he goes after the buff)

cragar212
04-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Pk should be in a top tier of its own( ie. banned from tournaments)

Pretty much rest same as pc but some say valk should be top tier on console after the free gb on blocked light finisher is removed.

Also just to add conq is still middle tier on pc. I've seen alot of top streamers die to conqs in the last week

SirRegisKeg
04-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Pk should be in a top tier of its own( ie. banned from tournaments)

Pretty much rest same as pc but some say valk should be top tier on console after the free gb on blocked light finisher is removed.

Also just to add conq is still middle tier on pc. I've seen alot of top streamers die to conqs in the last week

OK interesting, id like to see some more Valkyrie tier placement arguments seeing as how five threads popped up complaining about her, I also haven't lost to a Conqueror in like a week, on Console he's pretty reactable, maybe too reactable

cragar212
04-16-2017, 07:17 PM
OK interesting, id like to see some more Valkyrie tier placement arguments seeing as how five threads popped up complaining about her, I also haven't lost to a Conqueror in like a week, on Console he's pretty reactable, maybe too reactable

He hasn't been nerfed yet on console so you're just playing inexperienced players

SirRegisKeg
04-16-2017, 07:39 PM
He hasn't been nerfed yet on console so you're just playing inexperienced players

Guess you're correct about that one, so he hasn't received any nerfs since console release? In the beta he beat my arse. Now I stomp him for free. But this is also coming from a warlord main ig:cool:

Elzziwelzzif
04-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Lower Tier: Nobushi.
It pains me to read this, but i can't (fully) deny it.
She's pretty predictable. Most attacks are pretty telegraphed, or require a readable input (walking backwards means an easy headshot option, so a basic top guard counters that).
Besides that the heavy hitting attacks are slow, and the light spam bounces off by a simple guard, making landing a second (+ third) hit almost impossible.
Would love to see my being able to continue my attack like a berserker or PK after i got blocked, but to bad.

Of course, i wouldn't write "fully" if i didn't have some good points as well.
From my personal tastes i'd say she can wreck people ones she is outnumbered and Revenge kicks in.
Stacking attack + revenge attack, as well as the huge range of her weapon makes it that knocking back enemies means you have 1-3 fee hits without moving (just zone attack), and with her having half decent damage means you can "spin-to-win" yourself to victory in these situations. (This makes me fear the 1.5 update, as both attack types will no longer stack).

Besides that she is also one of the best support characters.
If you go down and a half decent Nobushi comes to your aid, you know almost no one can stop her from reviving you.

Then again. Being a support isn't really that much of a selling point in a (max) 4v4 battle, not with what she can currently do.
It would be cool to see her get some boosts in the "Feats" field. She doesn't need damage, and pumping up her attack speed would ruin her.
I would gladly drop the "revenge attack", "Sharpen blade", "Fire trap" and "body count" feats for either more bow skills or more support skills (group or player focused).
She would be fun as a back-up/ support character, rather than a front fielder, but that's my choice.

Helnekromancer
04-16-2017, 09:12 PM
Lower Tier: Nobushi.
It pains me to read this, but i can't (fully) deny it.
She's pretty predictable. Most attacks are pretty telegraphed, or require a readable input (walking backwards means an easy headshot option, so a basic top guard counters that).
Besides that the heavy hitting attacks are slow, and the light spam bounces off by a simple guard, making landing a second (+ third) hit almost impossible.
Would love to see my being able to continue my attack like a berserker or PK after i got blocked, but to bad.

Of course, i wouldn't write "fully" if i didn't have some good points as well.
From my personal tastes i'd say she can wreck people ones she is outnumbered and Revenge kicks in.
Stacking attack + revenge attack, as well as the huge range of her weapon makes it that knocking back enemies means you have 1-3 fee hits without moving (just zone attack), and with her having half decent damage means you can "spin-to-win" yourself to victory in these situations. (This makes me fear the 1.5 update, as both attack types will no longer stack).

Besides that she is also one of the best support characters.
If you go down and a half decent Nobushi comes to your aid, you know almost no one can stop her from reviving you.

Then again. Being a support isn't really that much of a selling point in a (max) 4v4 battle, not with what she can currently do.
It would be cool to see her get some boosts in the "Feats" field. She doesn't need damage, and pumping up her attack speed would ruin her.
I would gladly drop the "revenge attack", "Sharpen blade", "Fire trap" and "body count" feats for either more bow skills or more support skills (group or player focused).
She would be fun as a back-up/ support character, rather than a front fielder, but that's my choice.

I think Nobushi just has a higher skill ceiling than others, she has a ton of mix ups and hidden stance hides her next attack but she can cancel her ZA (which is a really good gap closer) in a side heavy which comes out pretty fast or a side light. She can chain her kick by doing 1-3 lights, 1-2heavies and HS, and landing it gives you a free bleed. Her biggest issue is her stamina but boosting your stamina regen and reduction you can easily be aggressive while in 1v1 and 2v2 you have to fight in slow bursts. And she has a Top heavy kick spam wall cheese since doing 1 heavy allows her to do a kick. But in 4v4 Body Count, Revenge Attack and the heals is the best for just fighting, To me anyway if you are confident in your individual skill.

Also Nobushi can dodge the oni charge just by simply hitting him with a regular light. And her Hidden Stance stops, Warden Shoulder Charge, Raider grabs. Conq charges and Warlord headbutts, but you have to time it perfectly. All in all if you can play Nobushi smartly you can smash anybody just because you have different ways to attack and numerous mix ups .

Elzziwelzzif
04-16-2017, 10:48 PM
I think Nobushi just has a higher skill ceiling than others, she has a ton of mix ups and hidden stance hides her next attack but she can cancel her ZA (which is a really good gap closer) in a side heavy which comes out pretty fast or a side light. She can chain her kick by doing 1-3 lights, 1-2heavies and HS, and landing it gives you a free bleed. Her biggest issue is her stamina but boosting your stamina regen and reduction you can easily be aggressive while in 1v1 and 2v2 you have to fight in slow bursts. And she has a Top heavy kick spam wall cheese since doing 1 heavy allows her to do a kick. But in 4v4 Body Count, Revenge Attack and the heals is the best for just fighting, To me anyway if you are confident in your individual skill.

Also Nobushi can dodge the oni charge just by simply hitting him with a regular light. And her Hidden Stance stops, Warden Shoulder Charge, Raider grabs. Conq charges and Warlord headbutts, but you have to time it perfectly. All in all if you can play Nobushi smartly you can smash anybody just because you have different ways to attack and numerous mix ups .
On paper, most things... yes.
In reality, this is consol were talking about.
Hidden Stance doesn't work on console. You can into the stance, but you can't mix up your attack direction as doing so will pull you out of the stance.

Basically half the "fast" attacks are impossible, as you miss your hidden stance "mix-up".
I won't say she's impossible to play, even on console. She just misses her full potential simply because you play her on console.
No other hero loses so much options because of a stupid button layout. Would love to swap emotes or quick chat for a separate hidden stance button.

SirRegisKeg
04-17-2017, 03:54 AM
Yea I would agree about it taking some skill to play Nobushi during high level matches(unlike cheese freindly characters like my Warlord), that one mistake means alot of damage and combined with players who capitalize or make combo chains it's end game early. I respect Nobushi players .

Haha you're still annoying to deal with though:p