PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for a never ending nerf cycle

Charanis
04-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Since PK, Conq and Warlord have been nerfed I barely ever see PK's or conquerors. Warlords are still viable I guess but the "Heavy Hitter for 25 dmg heavy" conqueror class is barely viable unless someone really spams the shield bash into light attack.

Soon PK attack speed will be nerfed to match attack speed of side light Warden. Currently every side light attack of PK has Warden Top light speed. Soon warden and kensei and LB and basically any other class will have faster attack speed from certain direction than PK from any direction. PK will not see the light of day ever again due to lack of any other tools and mechanics. I can see that happening in near future.

But what's that? Poeple are now complaining about valkyrie who just got a buff because she was almost unplayable. The point is. Whatever devs will nerf, something else will take it's place because ****wad people just blame the game mechanics rather than admiting that they lack reflexes to fight certain playstyles or that simply their favourite class is simply naturally countered by another class. People will keep complaining about whatever they struggle with / lose with, completely disregarding the necessity of adaptation to certain playstyles in order to beat some classes.

So yeah let's play a fortune telling and see what's next on the list:
- PK light attack speed nerf causes this class to practically disappear from the game
- People start complaining about valk and conqueror some more. Possible nerfs for valkeries. Orochi could be next.
- When most speedy classes are slowed down further reinforcing the turtle meta (easier to defend against slower attacks) people will start complaining heavily on shugoki (more than now) because barely any class will be able to hit fast enough to fend the hyperarmor.
- Hyperarmor gets nerfed.
- People now start complaining more about spam unblockable move classes - Warlord and Warden are the biggest problem because Conqueror damage is already inferior to them.
- Unblockable opener moves are nerfed again. Now lawbringer is the king beause devs were not so eager to nerf him after the recent buff.
- Next one will be nobushi due to her unpunishable agression (outside of GB range after being parried). Nobushi damage gets nerfed. Berserker and orochi are taking over.

Prepare for a watered down mess. Because that's what we gonna get if people keep coming here and complaining every time they lose a duel.

Lyskir
04-16-2017, 12:09 PM
i agree with cong , i hardly see him anymore

but they said they wont touch pk light attack speed, only small adjustments and no nerf

i dont like pk, so do not care if shes getting nerfed^^

The_B0G_
04-16-2017, 02:55 PM
I agree that the Valk needs a small nerf, it might not be bad on PC, but playing as an LB it's very hard to stop her unblockable spamming on ps4, a lot harder than it is for her to keep spamming it that's for sure, by the time he gets up after being swept the second light is coming in or a shield rush. It just needs to be slowed down or maybe a better way would be to raise the stamina needed to do these combos, as of now it seems she can do it indefinitely.

Besides her and PK lights it feels pretty balanced right now. None of the other classes seem that OP, any other classes that kick my a** really bad is just because they are really good players with their hero.

zyrver
04-16-2017, 03:36 PM
i agree with cong , i hardly see him anymore

but they said they wont touch pk light attack speed, only small adjustments and no nerf

i dont like pk, so do not care if shes getting nerfed^^

First they came for the PK, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a PK.

Then they came for the Conq, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Conq

Then they came for <Your favorite class here>—and there was no one left to speak for me.

:^)

Kaijudub
04-16-2017, 03:44 PM
I agree that the Valk needs a small nerf, it might not be bad on PC, but playing as an LB it's very hard to stop her unblockable spamming on ps4, a lot harder than it is for her to keep spamming it that's for sure, by the time he gets up after being swept the second light is coming in or a shield rush. It just needs to be slowed down or maybe a better way would be to raise the stamina needed to do these combos, as of now it seems she can do it indefinitely.

Besides her and PK lights it feels pretty balanced right now. None of the other classes seem that OP, any other classes that kick my a** really bad is just because they are really good players with their hero.

I would totally agree with this.. Other than Raider needs something from a GB other than unblockable or his Stamina usage needs looking at.

Oupyz
04-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Pk warlord still top , warden and shugoki broken will be fixed in 10 days , 1.05 made the game much better balance wise , 1.06 will make it even better

Netcode_err_404
04-16-2017, 04:28 PM
Pk warlord still top , warden and shugoki broken will be fixed in 10 days , 1.05 made the game much better balance wise , 1.06 will make it even better

I doubt it.

They are gonna fix 2 of the most lame classes in the game, without giving something in return. So people will just reroll to their next lamer class.

The keyword in this game is :

Fast > Safe > Unblockable > spammable. And will remain that way until they get a method to fx defensive meta, and rebalance the parries.

Vordred
04-16-2017, 06:28 PM
yeah i can't see the devs redo classes or creating anything new, so they are just going to endlessly fiddle around with whats all ready there, and i think it will just end in a mess. here is hoping for honor gets a sequel, i think then we might be in for a truly great game

Sykoink
04-16-2017, 06:56 PM
This is exactly what i said at the release when i made a topic that they need to be careful not to end up like Bungie did with Destiny and learn from their mistakes. Casuals cry nerf so fast and when that gets nerfed, the next thing feels stronger (logic, since the other just got nerfed) and new topics are being made about new nerfs and it just becomes a vicious cycle and you end up with a dumbed down game where all the fun is sucked out of it because of the endless nerfing.

Now after all those nerfs to the other classes, people cry about the Shugoki, there we go, its charge is getting nerfed. Obviously it's a strong tool that the class has, but it doesn't have a lot of other tools going for it, he's slow, easily readable and you can counter him pretty easy. If you nerf that, then you also need to nerf other classes with those type of moves like the vortexes etc, and then we go into that same cycle of nerfing again.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Its almost as if most competitive combat games are constantly balanced and rebalanced in order to keep up with the current meta.

Thats crazy lol

Also I love how these threads no matter how much people put in the OP or what stats or reasoning they use it ALWAYS comes back to "STOP COMPLAINING AN GIT GUUD"

As if its the players fault they are experiencing balance issues lol

Karma_Ghost
04-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Soon PK attack speed will be nerfed to match attack speed of side light Warden. Currently every side light attack of PK has Warden Top light speed. Soon warden and kensei and LB and basically any other class will have faster attack speed from certain direction than PK from any direction. PK will not see the light of day ever again due to lack of any other tools and mechanics. I can see that happening in near future.

PK can cancel heavies into dodge, light, or GB. Any heavy, including dodge stab, gets a free light followup. GB Stab x2 into kick provides damage and resets range.

If you think PK's only tool/mechanic is a broken light spam, then it's a git gud issue. PK has enough tools to not rely on light spam as a crutch.

teksuo1
04-16-2017, 07:57 PM
i'm leveling a berserker and my brother is on orichi ; looks like we've got this figured out! (if your predictions are right.) :cool:

Charanis
04-22-2017, 09:29 AM
- PK light attack speed nerf causes this class to practically disappear from the game
- People start complaining about valk and conqueror some more. Possible nerfs for valkeries. Orochi could be next.
- When most speedy classes are slowed down further reinforcing the turtle meta (easier to defend against slower attacks) people will start complaining heavily on shugoki (more than now) because barely any class will be able to hit fast enough to fend the hyperarmor.
- Hyperarmor gets nerfed.
- People now start complaining more about spam unblockable move classes - Warlord and Warden are the biggest problem because Conqueror damage is already inferior to them.
- Unblockable opener moves are nerfed again. Now lawbringer is the king beause devs were not so eager to nerf him after the recent buff.
- Next one will be nobushi due to her unpunishable agression (outside of GB range after being parried). Nobushi damage gets nerfed. Berserker and orochi are taking over.

Prepare for a watered down mess. Because that's what we gonna get if people keep coming here and complaining every time they lose a duel.

The prophecy is fullfilling. Here's where we are currently standing.
Ready for what about to come next?

kweassa1917
04-22-2017, 11:17 AM
Since PK, Conq and Warlord have been nerfed I barely ever see PK's or conquerors.

Not surprising, since whiney people have a tendency to see only what they want to see.

Hardly any surprise you don't want to see most Conqs and PKs are doing fine -- actually better, in fact, since all the scrubs relying on broken shi* like pseudo-infini combos are gone, that naturally brought up the average skill level of players using those classes.

Ain't the first time people called doomsday on balance fixes they didn't like. Strangely, no such prophecy ever came true during the last 21 years I've been playing PvP games.

Usually it's people defending broken OP shi* that brings the house down. That and premades.

wethebishop
04-22-2017, 03:23 PM
A game like this can't be too popular because it's not balanced for both low and high level play. It will cause a lot of frustration.

If winning were to be more about thinking and much less about defensive reaction time, then it would be easier to balance at all levels.

As it is now, any offense can be learned by any player at any level in short time, if that's his desire. A PK light attack coming from an 8 year old girl is the same as coming from a pro. The difference is in the defense. Some characters are clearly harder to defend against than others. This fact affects the lower level players more than the higher level players. This is a problem.

SendRickPics
04-22-2017, 10:25 PM
PK can cancel heavies into dodge, light, or GB. Any heavy, including dodge stab, gets a free light followup. GB Stab x2 into kick provides damage and resets range.

If you think PK's only tool/mechanic is a broken light spam, then it's a git gud issue. PK has enough tools to not rely on light spam as a crutch.

For GB stab to work, you have to actually get a GB that connects against someone. Most people either have the timing down pat, or some of the less scrupulous types run macros to stop GB on contact without user input.

Light spam is the last ditch effort to put any kind of damage on an opponent. I've played her to Rep-11, I know her limitations intimately. She has a pretty limited and weak kit.