PDA

View Full Version : What is my incentive to stay in a match that is clearly over?

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 09:36 AM
I see people complaining about people leaving.

Tell me.

Why exactly should people stay?

EDIT

- The XP I get is not that important to me and its not that important overall

- The loot is almost always useless

- The steel is minimal for a single match

- Yes the lobby might crash but that is a problem that Ubisoft needs to fix. I do feel bad if that were to happen, but its not enough for me to stay in a match I don't wanna be in.

Hillbill79
04-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Xp, steel and loot.

And not being part of the DC problem

SendRickPics
04-16-2017, 10:03 AM
Xp, steel and loot.

None of which are in large enough quantities to warrant the frustration, and are moot if you've maxed out a character.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 10:04 AM
Xp, steel and loot.

Steel? You mean the 50 steel I can totally live without and get back into another match almost immediately to get that same steel back?

Loot? Ahahahahahahahahaha you are funny.

XP? Yeah that doesnt even come CLOSE to making me wanna waste time on an obvious loss.

I know there are "Reasons" not to leave.

I wanna here ACTUAL reasons not to. Not even trolling. I just see no reason to waste time on a severe loss.

SendRickPics
04-16-2017, 10:07 AM
I wanna here ACTUAL reasons not to. Not even trolling. I just see no reason to waste time on a severe loss.

There are none, quit to your hearts content. Hell I love seeing crybabies whine on the forums. What I hate seeing is Ubi cave into said crybabies.

kweassa1917
04-16-2017, 10:09 AM
None of which are in large enough quantities to warrant the frustration, and are moot if you've maxed out a character.

There are none, quit to your hearts content. Hell I love seeing crybabies whine on the forums. What I hate seeing is Ubi cave into said crybabies.

...and yet, both you and the thread opener claim you guys follow the "code of honor" and think people shouldn't be ganked, and you need stuff like overloaded revenge to punish gankers... because its "unhonorable."

Thank you. You guys are really teaching the community a LOT about just what this "Honor" is you talk about.

Now I get what 'honor' means for the honor-ranters:

"Do whatever I want to screw all my teammates when things go bad, but cry and demand 'honor' if it suits my needs"

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 10:10 AM
...and yet, both you and the thread opener claim you guys follow the "code of honor" and think people shouldn't be ganked, and you need stuff like overloaded revenge to punish gankers... because its "unhonorable."

"Abandon the match and screw all your teammates when things go bad, but cry and demand 'honor' if it suits my needs" --- thank you. You guys are really teaching the community a LOT about just what this "Honor" is you talk about.

I am a HUGE hypocrite and I admit that lol

I play with honor until it no longer is shown to me. If the other team behaves like scrubs I no longer care I will leave as soon as i want.

Hillbill79
04-16-2017, 10:16 AM
So being 500 points behind is something showing you a lack of Honour?

All you have to do is cap 3 points and you're ahead, that can be done in a minute with a little luck and coordination.

Not so easy in Skirmish though.

SendRickPics
04-16-2017, 10:17 AM

Thank you. You guys are really teaching the community a LOT about just what this "Honor" is you talk about.

Now I get what 'honor' means for the honor-ranters:

"Do whatever I want to screw all my teammates when things go bad, but cry and demand 'honor' if it suits my needs"

What delusional rant are you on about now? Because I don't faintly recall 'Honor' as my reasons for opposing ganking. I oppose ganking because the limitations in the combat mechanics make fighting outnumbered difficult if not next to impossible without an equalizer, and revenge mode *was* that equalizer.

Simply put, I oppose ganking because it is bad gameplay. Revenge mode made it tolerable to an extent because a dude juiced up on revenge was actually dangerous to attempted gankers. The game mechanics and engine are built around 1v1 duels, and maybe some 2v1 swordplay, revenge mode is borne of necessity to allow skill to overcome an attempt at overwhelming by force of numbers.

Ganking is brainless, any idiot can think zerg-rushing the good player = a plan, especially with ****ty game mechanics. But this just echoes my point.

Now I'd be all for letting ganking be an option; If friendly fire was upped to 100% or higher, so that carelessly throwing heavies and lights and crowd control measures injured your teammates as much as you attempt to hit the guy that was cornered.

Hillbill79
04-16-2017, 10:19 AM
You believe the old revenge allowed skill to win the day? If that was true.... the skill you're talking about would still exist in the new revenge mode.

What delusional rant are you on about now? Because I don't faintly recall 'Honor' as my reasons for opposing ganking. I oppose ganking because the limitations in the combat mechanics make fighting outnumbered difficult if not next to impossible without an equalizer, and revenge mode *was* that equalizer.

Simply put, I oppose ganking because it is bad gameplay. Revenge mode made it tolerable to an extent because a dude juiced up on revenge was actually dangerous to attempted gankers. The game mechanics and engine are built around 1v1 duels, and maybe some 2v1 swordplay, revenge mode is borne of necessity to allow skill to overcome an attempt at overwhelming by force of numbers.

Ganking is brainless, any idiot can think zerg-rushing the good player = a plan, especially with ****ty game mechanics. But this just echoes my point.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 10:19 AM
So being 500 points behind is something showing you a lack of Honour?

All you have to do is cap 3 points and you're ahead, that can be done in a minute with a little luck and coordination.

Not so easy in Skirmish though.

No being 500pts behind is "Wow my team is terrible and we have a VERY low chance of bringing this back. Bye. Gonna leave and find a new match because there is no tangible reason for me to stay :)"

A team being ahead is not a sign of no honor. I never said that.

Honor or not I am not gonna sit in a lobby where we are losing BADLY for no reason.

I have ZERO incentive to stay in a match that is beyond saving.

SendRickPics
04-16-2017, 10:24 AM
You believe the old revenge allowed skill to win the day? If that was true.... the skill you're talking about would still exist in the new revenge mode.

Revenge Mode was cut 30-50% across almost all stat values. Sooooo... no, no it wouldn't, it lost its effectiveness outside of being a minor buffer that stalls inevitable death, rather than giving the boost necessary to quickly dispatch an opponent or two (depending on how outnumbered you are).

I take it you know very little about game development, with that assumption in mind I think it's necessary to state that this is a MASSIVE nerf on revenge mode, almost making it negligible on the battlefield as a factor.

Already from the PC players we are hearing of widespread ganking becoming the norm and people's discontent with it. Patch hasn't even hit consoles yet.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 10:26 AM
Revenge Mode was literally cut 30-50% across almost all stat values. Sooooo... no, no it wouldn't, it's lost it's effectiveness outside of being a minor buffer that stalls inevitable death, rather than giving the boost necessary to quickly dispatch an opponent or two (depending on how outnumbered you are).

I take it you know very little about game development, with that assumption in mind I think it's necessary to state that this is a MASSIVE nerf on revenge mode, almost making it negligible on the battlefield as a factor.

Already from the PC players we are hearing of widespread ganking becoming the norm and people's discontent with it. Patch hasn't even hit consoles yet.

The revenge nerf was ENTIRELY needed.

Revenge was WAY too strong.

SendRickPics
04-16-2017, 10:33 AM
The revenge nerf was ENTIRELY needed.

Revenge was WAY too strong.

On characters like the Warlord, Valkyrie, Berserker, Shugoki, and Conqueror sure it was very powerful, perhaps too much so. They are all way too hard to kill as it stands.

On Warden, Peacekeeper, Orochi, etc. etc. it is the only equalizer from mindless gang-banging.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 10:34 AM
On characters like the Warlord, Valkyrie, Berserker, Shugoki, and Conqueror sure it was very powerful, perhaps too much so. They are all way too hard to kill as it stands.

On Warden, Peacekeeper, Orochi, etc. etc. it is the only equalizer from mindless gang-banging.

No.

There were FAR too many scrubs that relied SOLELY on revenge gear and revenge damage to get their kills.

Regardless of class this was a universal problem that has hopefully been solved.

Hillbill79
04-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Berzerker? I wouldn't go that far.... he has nothing in his arsenal that makes him too powerful when fighting 2 on 1 with old revenge, let alone 4 on 1.

Jobsalot
04-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Nope, there isn't any quantifiable reward or incentive to stay in a match that's basically lost. The only thing you gain out of it is not easily measured in units. Things like tenacity and guts and the will to see your team through to the end even tho its breaking. It wards your personality for showing character and it takes a certain degree of hardiness to do that every time without fail no matter how frustrating it gets.

Plus, sometimes really hilarious s h i t happens

Ulrichvonbek111
04-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Wether you are behind in points,objectives or last man from your team standing in elimination there is chance of turning this round.
When the end seems near and you change the outcome with an exceptional round of combat there is nothing better than looking down at the fallen who tried to kill you with their weight of numbers...
You enter each round knowing of two outcomes...
Death or Glory..👹

If you can face one but not the other then you are no warrior 💮

zide-
04-16-2017, 11:48 AM
You lose all the XP you would've got otherwise and you disconnecting potentially crashes the game for everyone else.

Dry.Fish
04-16-2017, 03:08 PM
To respect the other players and the winning team doesn't want the game to resync 3 time or crash because you left

escacleo
04-16-2017, 03:45 PM
I could have swore you made this post a while back.

MATCH STABILITY for the other players. You leaving the game COULD disconnect other players who do want what you consider pointless/don't need. That would be the only reason. If people quitting didn't result in match instability then it would never be a problem.

Hormly
04-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Sportsmanship?

oh wait, youre from the 'everybody gets a trophy' generation

Kaijudub
04-16-2017, 03:54 PM
How about to not be an asshat?

#justsayin

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 04:21 PM
I leave any match where the enemy is up by over 500pts

Yet I see people complaining about people leaving.

Tell me.

Why exactly should I stay?

500pt down is nothing. I've seen teams come back from 700+ down and win. But I do agree, there is genuinely no reason to stay in the game if you can't be bothered to fight back. The whole "but if you leave then other people suffer" argument is ********, that's Ubisofts fault, not the players.

RatedChaotic
04-16-2017, 04:43 PM
I'd rather have someone join thats going to try and bring us back than one that just looks at it as a loss and does nothing to help.

So please continue to leave.

TheNinefingers
04-16-2017, 05:24 PM
Being an adult.

EDIT: I suppose you might require things explained in full.

It's the right thing to do. People like you are why we have to have laws, because apparently doing the wrong thing is fine as long as there's no consequences. Behavior like you exhibit is sickening, rots the community, and interrupts 7 other people's experience because of your selfishness and unsportsmanlike mentality.

Dr-KaBoom
04-16-2017, 05:30 PM
500 points behind is an obvious loss? What?

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 05:42 PM
Being an adult.

EDIT: I suppose you might require things explained in full.

It's the right thing to do. People like you are why we have to have laws, because apparently doing the wrong thing is fine as long as there's no consequences. Behavior like you exhibit is sickening, rots the community, and interrupts 7 other people's experience because of your selfishness and unsportsmanlike mentality.

Jesus man, it's just a game. It's not that deep.

SlashingElbow
04-16-2017, 05:56 PM
I leave any match where the enemy is up by over 500pts

Yet I see people complaining about people leaving.

Tell me.

Why exactly should I stay?

Wow what a absolute **** you are. Soft ***** like you are killing this game even faster than the developers and support staff

psyminion
04-16-2017, 06:11 PM
OP maybe you should stick to duels or try something more age appropriate like pokemons...

by this thread, you seem lack the warriors spirit, and are a terrible teammate.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/80/a1/39/80a139f108ef1ee42c1e57cb79a53a19.jpg

TheNinefingers
04-16-2017, 07:30 PM

But it is. How he behaves in this game, and the choices and opinions he presents to us on these forums are a reflection of his character as a person.

Somebody who doesn't like to work hard and earn what he receives, not used to dealing with adversity and disregarding other people he's playing with, is a self centered entitled pompous ******* and deserves to be shown no respect from any of us because he'd throw anybody here under a bus if it's even remotely convenient for him, and he'd help nobody here if it involves a minor amount of labor or the odds aren't perfectly in his favor.

So to sum it all up, the OP can get ****ed.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 07:34 PM
But it is. How he behaves in this game, and the choices and opinions he presents to us on these forums are a reflection of his character as a person.

Somebody who doesn't like to work hard and earn what he receives, not used to dealing with adversity and disregarding other people he's playing with, is a self centered entitled pompous ******* and deserves to be shown no respect from any of us because he'd throw anybody here under a bus if it's even remotely convenient for him, and he'd help nobody here if it involves a minor amount of labor or the odds aren't perfectly in his favor.

So to sum it all up, the OP can get ****ed.

I like how you think you can decode my entire existence based upon how I play a single video game lol

I play games for fun. When the match is no longer fun I leave because not only is there no punishment for doing so the rewards I get for staying are not even worth the headache either.

That doesn't say anything about me as a person. Its speaks to how I view and play video games.

Which is to say I play them for fun and don't take them THAT seriously.

ViciousOphidian
04-16-2017, 07:51 PM
I can totally respect someone who refuses to waste their time on something pointless. My only regret is that my NAT is yellow, so i cant host and crash the game for everyone when i alt+f4

TheNinefingers
04-16-2017, 11:08 PM
I like how you think you can decode my entire existence based upon how I play a single video game lol

I play games for fun. When the match is no longer fun I leave because not only is there no punishment for doing so the rewards I get for staying are not even worth the headache either.

That doesn't say anything about me as a person. Its speaks to how I view and play video games.

Which is to say I play them for fun and don't take them THAT seriously.

You can try to downplay or deflect what I'm saying all you want, it doesn't work. Simply stating that since it's a video game, therefore it has no bearing on who you are as a person is false.

We all play video games for fun, that's the entire point of them. But what you're saying is games are only fun for you when you're winning, not the playing itself. Not only do you have to be winning for it to be fun, but it has to be an easy win as well.

The fact that the thought even enters your head, let alone becomes the best course of action to take in your mind when things aren't going your way says it all. These aren't the actions and thoughts you'd have about a video game if you routinely exercised different practices in other aspects of your life. You expect things to be handed to you, and when they're not, you quit and go post about it trying to justify your actions.

Then we start to factor in the fact that your lazy spineless actions affect 7 other people in the game, 3 of whom you're supposed to be cooperating with and having each others backs, even just for fun in a video game, and it becomes quite evident that you don't give a rats *** about anybody else either.

This is just how you view video games? No i don't think that's the case.

Basically you're just a giant piece of ****.

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2017, 11:11 PM
You can try to downplay or deflect what I'm saying all you want, it doesn't work. Simply stating that since it's a video game, therefore it has no bearing on who you are as a person is false.

We all play video games for fun, that's the entire point of them. But what you're saying is games are only fun for you when you're winning, not the playing itself. Not only do you have to be winning for it to be fun, but it has to be an easy win as well.

The fact that the thought even enters your head, let alone becomes the best course of action to take in your mind when things aren't going your way says it all. These aren't the actions and thoughts you'd have about a video game if you routinely exercised different practices in other aspects of your life. You expect things to be handed to you, and when they're not, you quit and go post about it trying to justify your actions.

Then we start to factor in the fact that your lazy spineless actions affect 7 other people in the game, 3 of whom you're supposed to be cooperating with and having each others backs, even just for fun in a video game, and it becomes quite evident that you don't give a rats *** about anybody else either.

This is just how you view video games? No i don't think that's the case.

He calls people who disagree with him scrubs routinely and I would give even odds he will not read past the first line of your post given when there is stuff he doesn't like being said he will often quote the top and write under it stopped reading there.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 11:14 PM

So let me get this straight. Just because I find it easier to leave matches that are lost causes and find a fresh match that I actually have a chance at winning makes me a terrible horrible human being in real life?

Really? lol

He calls people who disagree with him scrubs routinely and I would give even odds he will not read past the first line of your post given when there is stuff he doesn't like being said he will often quote the top and write under it stopped reading there.

Link a single post of mine where I call someone a scrub just because they disagreed with me.

I'll wait :)

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Seriously?How about

Quote Originally Posted by RatedChaotic View Post
All I see....Is a good team whooping on a bad one.
Because that is exactly whats happening.

Put on your scrub glasses and then look.

Now you can see two OP unstoppable juggernauts beating up on a defenseless player.

How shameful

---

That was just this evening

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 11:22 PM
Seriously?How about

Quote Originally Posted by RatedChaotic View Post
All I see....Is a good team whooping on a bad one.
Because that is exactly whats happening.

Put on your scrub glasses and then look.

Now you can see two OP unstoppable juggernauts beating up on a defenseless player.

How shameful

---

That was just this evening

I'm not sure you understood my post. I am not calling anyone a scrub there. I was making the joke that if you look through the eyes of a "scrub" then you would magically see everything as overpowered.

I didn't call anyone a scrub for disagreeing with me because nobody in that thread disagreed with me. Which is what you accused me of.

Nice try tho lol A for effort

TheNinefingers
04-16-2017, 11:26 PM
So let me get this straight. Just because I find it easier to leave matches that are lost causes and find a fresh match that I actually have a chance at winning makes me a terrible horrible human being in real life?

Really? lol

Yes.

CandleInTheDark
04-16-2017, 11:26 PM
You regularly throw out scrub as an insult to someone who posted,or about other people because they lack your imaginary moral code, that was just the first one in your post history. There are plenty more that I remember well enough. and I am sure others do,so honestly you are just embarrassing yourself here.

SlashingElbow
04-16-2017, 11:27 PM
You are the weakest of the weak. If u where a viking you would be back home with the women while the others were raiding.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Yes.

You are nuts lol

You regularly throw out scrub as an insult to someone who posted,or about other people because they lack your imaginary moral code, that was just the first one in your post history. There are plenty more that I remember well enough. and I am sure others do,so honestly you are just embarrassing yourself here.

I throw out scrub when it perfectly describes a tactic, situation, playstyle etc etc.

I am not saying I have never called anyone a scrub.

However I do NOT call people scrubs JUST because they disagree with me. Which is what you said.

You are the weakest of the weak. If u where a viking you would be back home with the women while the others were raiding.

If I were a Viking I would prefer to stay behind with the women :cool:

TheNinefingers
04-16-2017, 11:51 PM

Really? lol

I'll just say it again since you seem to have trouble reading.

Because there's other people involved, and you don't ever once acknowledge that you're deteriorating their experience because you're selfish.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-16-2017, 11:59 PM
I'll just say it again since you seem to have trouble reading.

Because there's other people involved, and you don't ever once acknowledge that you're deteriorating their experience because you're selfish.

I have acknowledged this multiple times now.

I just like anyone else in the world I value MY experience over those of random strangers so yes to an extent I am selfish when it comes to video games, but don't pretend that makes me a selfish person in real life. I am FAR from selfish.

Also when I leave games it could be for a multitude of reasons

- Bad host

- My team got dropped

- The rest of my team already quit and the game isn't giving me new teammates

Those are deteriorating MY experience. So yeah if the situation calls for it then I will leave.

Instead of looking at the people leaving as the problem maybe you should look into WHY they are leaving. But hey what do I know I am just a terrible horrible human being for leaving a match lol

RatedChaotic
04-17-2017, 12:13 AM
How did it go from leaving because of score to this^ ? You went off topic.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 12:15 AM
How did it go from leaving because of score to this^ ?

People seem to think that score was literally the ONLY thing I ever leave for and it was a bad example anyway because everyone and their mother just says "Git Guud and make a comeback"

Then that guy came in and seems to think he has a degree in psychology and can decipher my entire way of life based upon how I play a single video game lol

RatedChaotic
04-17-2017, 12:24 AM
Well from your OP you do make it sound like you leave because score. If score is one of the reasons. Continue to leave. I'd rather have someone that tries harder.You know that guy that will turn the tide of the battle other than be that guy back there with the women.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 12:35 AM
Well from your OP you do make it sound like you leave because score. If score is one of the reasons. Continue to leave. I'd rather have someone that tries harder.You know that guy that will turn the tide of the battle other than be that guy back there with the women.

I like how all of you thinks that just because I don't wanna waste time on a loss it means I don't bust my butt to try and win. Like I just prop my feet up and let my team carry or leave when they can't. Its honestly kinda funny.

I don't sit there and say "Oh well they took the point better leave the match"

I leave as a last resort when the game is beyond reach due to time, score, or lack of skill on behalf of my team.

When the win is within sight you can bet your *** I am right at the front doing my damnedest to get the point or the kills we need to get there. My win percentage and my K/D speak for themselves on that front.

I do NOT just half-*** my way through matches.

Delta1038
04-17-2017, 12:41 AM
Generally speaking if I am on a losing team I will stay simply out of a sense of etiquette for my teammates. I will however leave if the reason for the loss is they are just acting really stupid. I do admit thoughh that I kinda like (contextually when it benefits me) that leaving can cause the game to close for eveyone because I will absolutely try to do that to the people who play against AI and stand there or run in circles to farm loot/xp. I hate that crap something fierce.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 12:46 AM
Generally speaking if I am on a losing team I will stay simply out of a sense of etiquette for my teammates. I will however leave if the reason for the loss is they are just acting really stupid. I do admit thoughh that I kinda like (contextually when it benefits me) that leaving can cause the game to close for eveyone because I will absolutely try to do that to the people who play against AI and stand there or run in circles to farm loot/xp. I hate that crap something fierce.

I totally get what you are saying.

I got into one lobby and picked my Zerker and walked away to grab a Coke and came back to find my 3 teammates all picked Shugoki.

Then when we got into the match they all 3 sat on C and just did their Kanabo weenie waggle back and forth the entire time.

While hilarious to watch, it was less funny when the score reflected their effort and we were getting decimated so I left.

pancakerz
04-17-2017, 01:12 AM
And whats worse is I am one of those guys who DOES wait for the 1v1 and salutes etc etc

Yet you waste time to run out the timer when winning, and leave a match if you're losing. Truly a bastion of honor, you are.

Capoupacap
04-17-2017, 01:31 AM
I totally understand your point Coyote and the big responsibility goes on Ubisoft choices but just imagine your situation if I do the same for you if you're winning.

Delta1038
04-17-2017, 01:44 AM
I totally get what you are saying.

I got into one lobby and picked my Zerker and walked away to grab a Coke and came back to find my 3 teammates all picked Shugoki.

Then when we got into the match they all 3 sat on C and just did their Kanabo weenie waggle back and forth the entire time.

While hilarious to watch, it was less funny when the score reflected their effort and we were getting decimated so I left.

Haha, I think I would actually be slightly more ok with that. Most of the time I just see them standing/running in circles at the spawn point and doing absolutely nothing on any control point.

Personally I don't really see any issue with leaving if the match just isn't doing it for you. No point in forcing yourself to stick to a match if you are not enjoying it. Especially considering it is a game and I really think some people take some of this stuff way to seriously. Personally I value my time and if a match is being just a serious drag (especially if the rewards don't feel woth it) I will just leave and try my luck with the next match. And that goes for just about any game that I do some sort of multiplayer, not just For Honor.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 01:44 AM
Yet you waste time to run out the timer when winning, and leave a match if you're losing. Truly a bastion of honor, you are.

What can I say.

I am an opportunistic hypocrite :)

Supercool5150
04-17-2017, 06:46 PM

Tell me.

EDIT

- Yes the lobby might crash but that is a problem that Ubisoft needs to fix. I do feel bad if that were to happen, but its not enough for me to stay in a match I don't wanna be in.

If you are playing with a team, that is the reason to stay. It's common courtesy. Imagine you have been trying for hours to get a game (some people actually wait that long) then you get one. The last thing you would want is someone to F the game up by quitting. If you are only affecting yourself then I say go for it...quit. However, as you said UBI has issues and even though it's not your problem your actions can cause the whole UBI world to go haywire.

JohnWick87
04-17-2017, 07:49 PM
If you leave everytime you lose, you never get xp / steel and loot..... you do want to get them somehow. but you wont if you leave every lost fight.
On the other side, why would i stay ? Try to beat the **** out of the enemys and show my teammates, how its done !
If i die i died with the sword in my hand !^^

If you dont want to lose, dont play competetive games against other people. Singleplayergames are made to enjoy them without losing.

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 07:53 PM
If you leave everytime you lose, you never get xp / steel and loot..... you do want to get them somehow. but you wont if you leave every lost fight.
On the other side, why would i stay ? Try to beat the **** out of the enemys and show my teammates, how its done !
If i die i died with the sword in my hand !^^

If you dont want to lose, dont play competetive games against other people. Singleplayergames are made to enjoy them without losing.

I don't leave every game I am losing.

There are just a few people who like to imagine thats how I play because they don't like my opinions and try desperately to latch onto anything about me they don't like. Even if they have to make it up and/or twist my words.

JohnWick87
04-17-2017, 08:00 PM
I didnt want to say, YOu leave every match which is clearly lost =) Sry if you thought so

CoyoteXStarrk
04-17-2017, 08:01 PM
I didnt want to say, YOu leave every match which is clearly lost =) Sry if you thought so

My bad.

When you said you I thought you meant me literally.

JohnWick87
04-17-2017, 08:03 PM
No, it was a "generalization" ( if this is the right word for it^^ )
But ok if you break the problem down, leaving people shouldnt bother us. But when the problem is, that the game stops every time, they do so . So the problem arent the players. Its the peer to peer i guess !?^^

Ulrichvonbek111
04-18-2017, 05:09 PM

If it isn't that deep then why do you comment or offer criticism. .
It is that deep.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 05:16 PM
If it isn't that deep then why do you comment or offer criticism. .
It is that deep.

What are you talking about? Everyone is trying to say that OP is a terrible person based on how he plays a ****ing video game. It's just a game. He paid for it, let him play it the way he wants.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 05:54 PM
What are you talking about? Everyone is trying to say that OP is a terrible person based on how he plays a ****ing video game. It's just a game. He paid for it, let him play it the way he wants.

Op is a cvnt. He makes other people disconnect because he cant handle a loss and cant play the game without help of others. He should be banned in my opinion

FootlessRhino
04-18-2017, 06:08 PM
well, the main reason why I never leave (besides the rewards) is that I focus on improving my personal skills instead of focusing on a win. any match is a good match if you managed to learn something from it. and when odds are against you, you have more opportunities to learn how to come up on top while being an underdog. doesn't matter if it was just a simple 1v2 that made no difference on the score. It's funny to me when people leave when the match is already over and they just need to wait a few seconds for the reward screen to load.

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:09 PM
Op is a cvnt. He makes other people disconnect because he cant handle a loss and cant play the game without help of others. He should be banned in my opinion

He doesn't make anyone disconnect. Ubisoft's dreadful connection is what makes people disconnect. He paid for the game just like you did. Let him do what he wants on there, just like you do what you want.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 06:11 PM
He doesn't make anyone disconnect. Ubisoft's dreadful connection is what makes people disconnect. He paid for the game just like you did. Let him do what he wants on there, just like you do what you want.

He is still a cvnt since he knows ubisoft p2p system is broken and disconnects the other players. He is the guy that would stay home with the women in the kitchen while the viking men were out raiding. If he can live with that ok

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-18-2017, 06:16 PM

You mean the PK's zone attack spam that could down a team in 5 seconds?

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:20 PM
He is still a cvnt since he knows ubisoft p2p system is broken and disconnects the other players. He is the guy that would stay home with the women in the kitchen while the viking men were out raiding. If he can live with that ok

Or he's the guy that's just playing a video game the way he likes to play it so he can get his money's worth on a product he bought? I don't understand how any of this relates to who he is as a person.

And by the way, viking women raided with the men, and I bet they were capable of being just as tough.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-18-2017, 06:21 PM
I like how all of you thinks that just because I don't wanna waste time on a loss it means I don't bust my butt to try and win. Like I just prop my feet up and let my team carry or leave when they can't. Its honestly kinda funny.

I don't sit there and say "Oh well they took the point better leave the match"

I leave as a last resort when the game is beyond reach due to time, score, or lack of skill on behalf of my team.

When the win is within sight you can bet your *** I am right at the front doing my damnedest to get the point or the kills we need to get there. My win percentage and my K/D speak for themselves on that front.

I do NOT just half-*** my way through matches.

Well, considering the fact that quitting doesn't affect your W/L ratio, your ratio would be quite alot lower technically. Just saying.

SlashingElbow
04-18-2017, 06:23 PM
Or he's the guy that's just playing a video game the way he likes to play it so he can get his money's worth on a product he bought? I don't understand how any of this relates to who he is as a person.

And by the way, viking women raided with the men, and I bet they were capable of being just as tough.

There is no evidence i have seen of shieldmaidens- Skjoldm°yer. A couple of them raided for sure.. Whatever though most of them stayed at home thats not even a debate lol. I know lagartha is cool and all but its not really historicly accurate. I can trace my ancestors all the way to the viking age and the chief seat of the vikings in mel°y in norway where im from has viking graves and traces everywhere.Even the Allting where they discussed democratic **** is located on our property. I think i know a ltitle bit more about my own culture than you

AgentCelt
04-18-2017, 06:29 PM
There is no evidence i have seen of shieldmaidens- Skjoldm°yer. A couple of them raided for sure.. Whatever though most of them stayed at home thats not even a debate lol. I know lagartha is cool and all but its not really historicly accurate. I can trace my ancestors all the way to the viking age and the chief seat of the vikings in mel°y in norway where im from has viking graves and traces everywhere.Even the Allting where they discussed democratic **** is located on our property. I think i know a ltitle bit more about my own culture than you

"A couple of them raided for sure"

Thanks for proving my point for me.

WoodDaGawd
04-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Disconnect and miss XP, loot and "minimal" steel but keep your awesome stats. Awesome stats is what seems to drive a lot of these quitters imo.

Stay and receive XP, steel and possibly loot while keeping your integrity knowing that you don't quit just because things aren't going your way.

If someone quits because they are losing, I automatically assume they quit in most things in life. Yeah it's a game. So if you quit in a GAME, you are most likely to quit in real life situations when they get too hard.

I really don't mind quitters anymore. It tells me that I got someone upset enough to actually disconnect from a match which really gives me the warm fuzzies.

teksuo1
04-18-2017, 07:21 PM
it's worth it if it's gonna end "quickly".. but i admit i often quit rather than wait when a silly teammate decides to run forever as a last resort.

Varakharne
04-18-2017, 07:53 PM

Tell me.

EDIT

Good sportsmanship ?

thapsycho
04-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Accept your defeat is it that hard to lose once in a while?

Varakharne
04-19-2017, 09:04 PM
WOW Coyote got banned ?

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
WOW Coyote got banned ?

I guess so, I mean I disagree with him on most things but from what I've seen it was nothing ban worthy. He must have dungoofed hard and Jurassic hit him with the banhammer.

NightBlade87
04-19-2017, 09:49 PM

Tell me.

EDIT

...Because it's NOT over. People come back from terrible odds, it happens. It's less likely, sure, but it happens, so you play it out and finish strong. I don't know why this concept seems really hard for gamers in general. I don't know if it's because a large percentage of them don't really play team sports, or because of instant gratification conditioning, but this is just a life concept that you either get or you don't get. Not trying to paint a broad stroke here, but a LOT of gamers are cynical and sort of, well, lazy... Sorry. By leaving, now you HAVE ensured defeat. I can't tell you how many times in any given game where people say it's "clearly over" rant and complain, but then the team ends up winning in the end. It's selfish really. You're basically saying, "It can't be done, so why even try." -- then end up screwing everyone else, because your attitude is weak.

Sir_rage_quit
04-19-2017, 10:22 PM
You actualy have no real reason to stay, People in this game take it way to seriouly ( you got to be a real warrior bla bla **** )
If you stay in the other hands its better for the health of the game , there is actualy too many connection problem.
personally i find my self rage-quit when the matchmaking is really bad ( bad connetion with the p2p or other player are WAY WAY over my skill, 15 minute of not being able to to anything worth the /quit )

let face it everyone rage-quit at some point ( may be not those that are masochism)

SendRickPics
04-19-2017, 10:25 PM
You mean the PK's zone attack spam that could down a team in 5 seconds?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the mentally handicapped played this game too. Because only a ****ING ****** gets zone-attack spammed to death when all they have to do is RIGHT BLOCK!

WoodDaGawd
04-19-2017, 11:04 PM
let face it everyone rage-quit at some point ( may be not those that are masochism)

Not even once. I'll take my loss and move on to the next match. And if im in a match with other people and I'm unable to respawn, Im considerate of the ongoing connection issues and hang out til its over. Hell, I've even put down the controller to find that I have to pick it back up because my team has rallied.

Sir_rage_quit
04-19-2017, 11:08 PM
Not even once. I'll take my loss and move on to the next match. And if im in a match with other people and I'm unable to respawn, Im considerate of the ongoing connection issues and hang out til its over. Hell, I've even put down the controller to find that I have to pick it back up because my team has rallied.

Well sir if you never had rage-quit in any game of your life you are either a liar or a really really rare type of gamer :p
have fun and enjoy your time !

CandleInTheDark
04-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Single player games I have when I was disgusted at my gameplay causing a loss when I know I should have won (more sports games here) but never ragequit on a multiplayer.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that the mentally handicapped played this game too. Because only a ****ING ****** gets zone-attack spammed to death when all they have to do is RIGHT BLOCK!

Well, nice insult there. The ZA spam before the update was geared so that a single PK zone would halve health and shut down an entire teams offence as it was too quick to be interrupted. Then, as the PK notice he caught on to the spam, they would switch to LA spam and kill you in a hit or so. Now it was rightfully nerfed and is balanced.

iPlaySavageAF
04-20-2017, 12:15 AM
Why stay in a game that is clearly over? Are you kidding? For Honor! That's Why.

When times get tough, do you quit? When your back is against the wall and all odds against you, do you quit?

Hell no, that is when you rise above, take on the challenges, and show them your worth!

I thrive on games that appear to be completely one sided, that's when my best gaming comes out.

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!

What are you gaming for? Are you playing to do loot runs? Are you playing for XP? I play for the challenge and battles.
This isn't diablo, I am not here to do loot runs, and I definitely don't wanna be that rep 15 gear 108 guy who is totally garbage..

However, I understand we all play this game for different reasons. But I think in gaming or even in life, nobody likes quitters. Just my opinion, to each their own.

Rise from the ashes like a phoenix and show them what skill looks like versus what rep lvl and gear looks like.

Embrace the fight!

Anybody with this mindset, feel free to add me as a friend. I will battle by yourside and give you everything I got, everytime

Never quit! Never surrender!

Regards,
James

SendRickPics
04-20-2017, 01:40 AM
Well, nice insult there. The ZA spam before the update was geared so that a single PK zone would halve health and shut down an entire teams offence as it was too quick to be interrupted. Then, as the PK notice he caught on to the spam, they would switch to LA spam and kill you in a hit or so. Now it was rightfully nerfed and is balanced.

That entire claim is patently false unless the PK was maxed out revenge mode + her Debuff Feats, which have active auras telling you not to go near her. If you managed to get yourself in a position where she was revenging a lot, maybe stop being a massive cuck and trying to gang bang players all the time. Maybe instead you should sod off and go take a point or engage someone else, position yourself in a way that can prevent escape.

Sir_rage_quit
04-20-2017, 03:41 AM
Why stay in a game that is clearly over? Are you kidding? For Honor! That's Why.

When times get tough, do you quit? When your back is against the wall and all odds against you, do you quit?

Hell no, that is when you rise above, take on the challenges, and show them your worth!

I thrive on games that appear to be completely one sided, that's when my best gaming comes out.

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!

What are you gaming for? Are you playing to do loot runs? Are you playing for XP? I play for the challenge and battles.
This isn't diablo, I am not here to do loot runs, and I definitely don't wanna be that rep 15 gear 108 guy who is totally garbage..

However, I understand we all play this game for different reasons. But I think in gaming or even in life, nobody likes quitters. Just my opinion, to each their own.

Rise from the ashes like a phoenix and show them what skill looks like versus what rep lvl and gear looks like.

Embrace the fight!

Anybody with this mindset, feel free to add me as a friend. I will battle by yourside and give you everything I got, everytime

Never quit! Never surrender!

Regards,
James

that is the perfect example of someone taking a video game way to serious

dj.unam
04-20-2017, 09:32 AM
2 Simple reasons to stay in a match (If youre just being selfish. And according to your recent posts you are)

1. Matchmaking:

Your Skillrating is based on your overall performance.
Your Matches wont count into that if you constantly leave.
Therefore you will be matched with Players on a much higher Skilllevel than your own making it A: Much less enjoyable for yourself and B: much harder for you to improve bcs. youll get constantly stomped by high lvl players.

2. Soon coming Leaver Punishment:

Ubisoft stated that there is a leaver punishment in development.
So while everyone is having talks etc. in forums about what the punishments will be.
Be sure YOU WILL GET PUNISHED!

While I do agree that the disconnection Problem is "made by ubisoft" bcs. of the P2P Connection.
The core of the Problem ist the Part of the community like our OP that refuse to finish games just bcs. they lose.

And to take part in the "deeper" conversation:

THIS is a symptom of the current, younger generation.
If something is not fun for themselves, they leave or stop doing it.
If something is broken, they dont fix they buy new.
If something is complicated or doesnt do as they wish, they abandon and keep going next...

And yes, this tells a LOT about your mental setting.
Even if its just a Game...

You need to learn to endure "not fun" things.
Or learn to have fun in losses.

Hell I had ****loads of Dominion/Skirmish Matches where my Team was like 500-700 pts. behind.
Everyone left so I had 3 Bots.
And I still ****in carried it to win.
This is a lot about Mind Games.
Ppl. belive that you give up and theyll get an easy, gifted win.
Use that to your advantage!

I enjoy this game a lot.
Either you win or you learn.
Its like in real life...

You really need to adapt to this mindset.
Or youll just get punished after the system is implemented and you wont have fun in the games you lose then.

Its up to you!

Cheers!

dj.unam
04-20-2017, 09:54 AM
To compete in the Revenge discussion:

The nerf was needed FULLSTOP!

There is no reason to have an "I WIN" Button if youre outnumbered.
Its typical in every competitive game, that if you get outnumbered, your chances of winning are tending to Zero...

It IS a TEAMGAME!
So if you get outnumbered by 3 or 4 ppl.
And your team is not with you (skirmish) Died (Elimination) or is not getting any Points out of that (Dominion) your teamwork just sucks.

And this is the whole point!

Getting someone outnumbered is a strategy that has a risk/reward setting.
If you outnumber someone with 3 ppl, (f.e. ganking point a to capture it) those 3 ppl are missing somewhere else (i.e. defending point c).
Pre Revenge nerf it was High Risk/Low Reward.
Now its even.

And besides the overall forum voices calling out Revenge useless, I still think revenge is good in what its meant to be right now.
Giving you time to breathe, hold your ground or flee in an outnumbered situation.

matt89connor
04-20-2017, 09:56 AM

Tell me.

EDIT

can be a solution....want to see mine? if a player quit (not a crash) by put the option" return to main" after 2 minutes of match (at the start of the match is possible if a firend gone for crash)he lost 3000 of stell, or reputation, you like it?

dj.unam
04-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Just make it even more simple:

If they leave once: Nothing happens, you get a text message as a warning.
You leave again (in a set timeframe, maybe a day or two?): your waittime to join the next game is increased by 15 minutes.
again? Plus 30 minutes.
again? plus 1 hr.
again? 1 day

etc.

THIS will hurt ppl that leave on purpose.
If you hit them with steel, theyll just unplug their LAN cable or switch off the console.
So it doesnt make them quit into the menu.

Dude_of_Valor
04-20-2017, 11:21 AM

You leave again (in a set timeframe, maybe a day or two?): your waittime to join the next game is increased by 15 minutes.
again? Plus 30 minutes.
again? plus 1 hr.
again? 1 day

etc.

If you hit them with steel, theyll just unplug their LAN cable or switch off the console.

I just find it amazing that there are players out there that would unplug there LAN cable or switch the game off because they are loosing/lost a match.

Like seriously why are you playing if you have to quit half way through a match because things went South. Surely we have all been there when we have gone 2-0 down, only to claw it back and win 3-2!?

Joseph_2017
04-20-2017, 11:25 AM
No retreat no surrender here, even if my teams bad I'll still throw down..

dj.unam
04-20-2017, 11:41 AM
I just find it amazing that there are players out there that would unplug there LAN cable or switch the game off because they are loosing/lost a match.

Like seriously why are you playing if you have to quit half way through a match because things went South. Surely we have all been there when we have gone 2-0 down, only to claw it back and win 3-2!?

Happened in League of Legends when Riot (Developer) started to punish AFKing or leaving on Purpose harder.
Its much more difficult to see in Netcode if someone really had a DC or just unplugged their LAN Cable or Router...

In my Opinion, if ppl really crash very often, its their fault.
So they should get punished aswell.
Bcs if games crash bcs ppl are not able to fix their internet...
Well thats awfull...
(Is the case in League of Legends as well btw.)

Im playing FH since Alpha stage and Rarely had a disconnect.

Like 5 of 100 games or something.

Havent had one in Open Beta and for the first 3 or 4 Weeks after Launche where all the Forums were full of whining...

Captain-Courage
04-20-2017, 03:29 PM
I like how a lot of people say "Stability issues "or "disconnections" and kinda try to shame the OP when it's entirely Ubisoft's fault in the first place with their crappy P2P system choice for games that include more than 2 players.

With a dedicated server architecture, none of this disconnection crap would ever happen when a player leaves a game for whatever reason he sees fit.
At least, a leaver penalty would make sense in a such a environment.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-20-2017, 06:43 PM
That entire claim is patently false unless the PK was maxed out revenge mode + her Debuff Feats, which have active auras telling you not to go near her. If you managed to get yourself in a position where she was revenging a lot, maybe stop being a massive cuck and trying to gang bang players all the time. Maybe instead you should sod off and go take a point or engage someone else, position yourself in a way that can prevent escape.

Her maxed out revenge without the debuff feat would halve health. Sorry for being a cuck against the most OP character in the game, and sorry for playing like a team in a team fight. None of what you said changes the fact that one character had a blatant advantage over an entire team, thus making it broken.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
04-20-2017, 10:09 PM
I like how a lot of people say "Stability issues "or "disconnections" and kinda try to shame the OP when it's entirely Ubisoft's fault in the first place with their crappy P2P system choice for games that include more than 2 players.

With a dedicated server architecture, none of this disconnection crap would ever happen when a player leaves a game for whatever reason he sees fit.
At least, a leaver penalty would make sense in a such a environment.

It is their fault and people give them flak for it, but not leaving is more of a common courtesy thing above all else.

buhahh125
04-20-2017, 10:26 PM
...This thread still going?!?!.....I hate quitters!...Let's quit this thread! :D

pancakerz
04-20-2017, 10:50 PM
no retreat no surrender here, even if my teams bad i'll still throw down..
why won't caps work?
THE E.D.F. NEVER TURNS IT'S BACK ON THE ENEMY!

Sir_rage_quit
04-21-2017, 12:03 AM

again? Plus 30 minutes.
again? plus 1 hr.
again? 1 day

etc.

what about the random DC that happen ? honestly it happen to me more the 4 time in a evening ( i got a 120mbps internet )
im all about punish them in a certain way but how ....

SaphironX
04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
Honestly, it wouldn't matter (though people do often rage quit early and their team wins anyway, so they let their team down a bit) if the DC issue wasn't a problem.

Ubisoft needs to fix that. The game should not crash as often as it does, robbing all players of any contracts they complete, steel or xp they earn, often near the end of a match.

The DC issue is one of the worst aspects of the game, and I think people often quit hoping to cause one.

MadeArtifact
04-21-2017, 02:42 PM
It doesn't matter unless your the host. If your the host everyone getskicked

UbiJurassic
04-21-2017, 10:59 PM
The OP of this thread has requested to have this thread closed. The team has been monitoring this thread and we appreciate everyone's feedback.