PDA

View Full Version : Two small changes to Conqs could make a big difference.

KenurictheDrunk
04-16-2017, 06:59 AM
As it currently stands, I feel like we went from being forced to spam Heavies---->Shield Bashes to Shield bashes-----> Lights...

The changes really didn't fix the fact we need to spam in order to win. Everyone one of our other attacks are easily read and easily parried; this goes for lights and heavies

First: Make that damn shield bash a little bit slower, not a huge nerf but a little bit. As it stands it is way too easily spammed.

Second: We need something that will reward Conqs for not spamming, I suggest we make the charged heavy attacks unable to be parried. This would give us a the option to use a heavy attack outside of a gaurd break follow up or just a luckly swing that wasn't parried. This would make Conqs choose between leaning on a the currently awkward shield bash mechanics and not having this ability parried every single time it is used. This would make us feel like the charge up had some real power to it.

I am sure some will cry OP but I want the communities opinion.

Simple opinion of a Rep 12 Conqueror who hates the spammy game play.

Remnancy1
04-16-2017, 07:43 AM
I doubt that these alterations would change anything the very slow and extremely obvious charged heavy it would just go from always parried to always dodged

KenurictheDrunk
04-16-2017, 08:04 AM
I doubt that these alterations would change anything the very slow and extremely obvious charged heavy it would just go from always parried to always dodged

Maybe, but I would rather have enemies attempting to dodge instead being able to take advantage and destroying us after a parry. Perhaps a speed buff after 2-3 rotations to the charge would help. The chip damage that happens if they attempt to block would be nice too.

Remnancy1
04-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Maybe, but I would rather have enemies attempting to dodge instead being able to take advantage and destroying us after a parry. Perhaps a speed buff after 2-3 rotations to the charge would help. The chip damage that happens if they attempt to block would be nice too.

That's the thing though if you whiff the charged heavy you get punished and guard broken so in reality you would have the same result

Bakeneko.
04-16-2017, 09:06 AM
I'm only rep 5, but IMO the charged heavy is a good defensive tool. If you get attacked, you release it right after blocking. If the enemy goes for guard break, there is a small window of opportunity to release the charged heavy at the start of the GB animation, GB is neutralized bc you are in the attack animation and the enemy is stuck there to eat your attack. Not a 100% counter, but works often enough to try.
Faster lights and no stamina drain after fully charging the heavy would be good tho.