PDA

View Full Version : Toxicity/Cancer in the For Honor Community

Technomancer264
04-16-2017, 05:21 AM
So, I have been spending some time on the forums lately, and generally all I have seen here are people berating others for no real reason. There isn't a whole lot of actual discussion going on in these forums. The majority of posts seem to follow the trend of, someone complains about a feature of the game, then someone else insults or belittles them for it. What was gained from that exchange? The amount of replies posted just to needlessly berate someone else are staggering. Instead of adding to the cancer that is this community, why not post a thoughtful and constructive reply? Instead of immediately disregarding someone's opinion and slinging insults at them, why not ask them to elaborate more on their point if you don't quite see where they are coming from at first? I was under the impression that a forum was a place of thoughtful discussion, yet all I see are members of the community discouraging others from even bothering to voice their thoughts, because they know that the community will just belittle them for it. On the other end of the spectrum, those that do decide to post new threads, please take a moment to organize your thoughts in a calm and coherent manner, as opposed to blurting out your opinion in a fit of passion and swear words. I see that quite a lot as well. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Feel free to bring on the insults, the hate mail, and call me a social justice warrior.

That_guy44
04-16-2017, 05:28 AM
You must be new to Ubisoft forums.

We.the.North
04-16-2017, 05:39 AM
You must be new to the internet.

Fixed.

Hillbill79
04-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Gaming forums are full of ego's, Autism and kids. None of which mix well.

The World of Tanks forum never gets like this...

Nor do various other forums I frequent.(none gaming).... though they are rather well moderated. The people on those forums tend to both be adults, and act like them.

Gray360UK
04-16-2017, 12:09 PM
You must be new to planet Earth

Fixed.

Fixed.

Joseph_2017
04-16-2017, 01:24 PM
South park forums seems chill, but here.. you'll be critisied for alot of petty ****.

Hormly
04-16-2017, 01:59 PM
A game that is;

A) Highly competitive
B) Highly unbalanced
C) Littered with cheesy win strategies

With be cancerous

AgentCelt
04-16-2017, 02:48 PM
So, I have been spending some time on the forums lately, and generally all I have seen here are people berating others for no real reason. There isn't a whole lot of actual discussion going on in these forums. The majority of posts seem to follow the trend of, someone complains about a feature of the game, then someone else insults or belittles them for it. What was gained from that exchange? The amount of replies posted just to needlessly berate someone else are staggering. Instead of adding to the cancer that is this community, why not post a thoughtful and constructive reply? Instead of immediately disregarding someone's opinion and slinging insults at them, why not ask them to elaborate more on their point if you don't quite see where they are coming from at first? I was under the impression that a forum was a place of thoughtful discussion, yet all I see are members of the community discouraging others from even bothering to voice their thoughts, because they know that the community will just belittle them for it. On the other end of the spectrum, those that do decide to post new threads, please take a moment to organize your thoughts in a calm and coherent manner, as opposed to blurting out your opinion in a fit of passion and swear words. I see that quite a lot as well. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Feel free to bring on the insults, the hate mail, and call me a social justice warrior.

I think Ubi is fully to blame for the community being so hostile. Maybe if they put effort into included more variety in their game, there would be something for everyone to enjoy. But because all this game does is piss people off with the constant connection issues and the huge differing in preferred playing style along with the unbalanced heroes, it's only fitting the forums are going to catch the brunt of that frustration.

darkspawn2101
04-16-2017, 02:51 PM
A game that is;

A) Highly competitive
B) Highly unbalanced

With be cancerous

Dont forget somehow attracting some of the -worst- parts of the internet and the fighting game community in general.

It's as much the communities fault for being hostile as Ubi's for stoking the flames.

cragar212
04-16-2017, 03:16 PM
A game that is;

A) Highly competitive
B) Highly unbalanced

With be cancerous

Yall aint seen nothing yet. Once ranked mode hits things going to get crazy.

Angry Ari 1
04-16-2017, 03:29 PM
The problem is this is a multiplayer game forum. The Destiny community, at least when I was still looking at the forums on there, might have been worse than this.