PDA

View Full Version : Is it the Matchmaking

Helnekromancer
04-15-2017, 09:27 PM
So there's 3 types of game mode 1v1, 2v2, 4v4.

1v1 : For some reason the game keeps matching me with level 10 and below and I'm just stomping them to the point of it getting boring.
2v2 : Apparently I have to wait my turn because the poor 10+ rep player can't fight 2 people at once when he has Revenge to back him up and the littlest touch will send him rage quitting. >.>
4v4: Every game I'm up against a premade while I have teammates Rep 2 and below who can't handle their own let along parry so I'm 1v4-ing dodge rolling out of the way of Shugoki grabs and Oni charges.

Orders are getting more and more frustrating to complete because I have to go through hell to finish them. So is it the matchmaking?

Gray360UK
04-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Yeah to me that just sounds like a bad run of poorly matchmade games. Or just what happens in general when you throw human team mates / opponents into the mix.

To a degree it's like this in all games. I played Battlefield 1 to death before For Honor, and the quality of a 32 vs 32 Conquest match pretty much depended on how many of the 32 on each side were morons. The good thing about a team size of 32, is that 2 morons aren't going to make a lot of difference. In For Honor, with the vastly smaller team sizes, 2 morons will easily make or break the match you are in, depending which side they are on.

So it's a mix of both matchmaking and player quality regardless of matchmaking. I always think it's dangerous to assume that a high Rep character is good or a low Rep character bad. I have been in way too many teams where on paper it looks like we have a massive advantage, and then a couple of minutes later I realise my team mates have the fighting skills of a house brick ;)

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2017, 10:21 PM
So it's a mix of both matchmaking and player quality regardless of matchmaking. I always think it's dangerous to assume that a high Rep character is good or a low Rep character bad. I have been in way too many teams where on paper it looks like we have a massive advantage, and then a couple of minutes later I realise my team mates have the fighting skills of a house brick ;)

So basically you have to throw them at the enemy and hope for the best?

Gray360UK
04-15-2017, 10:22 PM
So basically you have to throw them at the enemy and hope for the best?

Yep ... even a house brick can cause serious damage if thrown correctly ;)

DrExtrem
04-15-2017, 10:37 PM
I have mixed experiences with the matchmaker.

Most of the time j get matches with people ranging from very skilled, to total beginner. Gear scores ranging from 0-106. In the same match. The results are always the same - my opponent tries to guard break me several times, until he falls down a ledge backwards from the counter. In the end, the biggest cheeser survives and kills the rest.

One thing is constant though - lag. Every effing match i face a opponents, who are lagging like hell.

UbiNoty
04-15-2017, 11:26 PM
We do realize that matchmaking isn't ideal at the moment and are searching for ways to either change or improve our current system so that it is more balanced across teams. Currently, as it stands, matchmaking occurs prior to hero select, and this makes it difficult to balance gear scores and rep levels when hero select is after the fact. The team is aware that this is a big issue and are planning on addressing it, but we do have a couple of other big priorities to check off our list first. Hopefully we'll be able to provide some more news on this after our big 1.06 stability update!