PDA

View Full Version : When the game dies?

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Are we going to get refund on the season pass? The game is losing players like mad. Season pass promises dlc but if they lose the players base they won't create more content. This is probably why thry are on the hush with any talk of time frame of hero release?

Also, why is there no catchup feature. Some of us including me work a lot during the week and dont find time to play the game much during the week. This has caused me to be way under geared and reputation starved. I find myself in a struggle between one unlucky missed block to death in most fights.

Any new would be appreciated on both counts.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Now I'm just getting error connectivity issues... go figure

darkspawn2101
04-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Firstly, your probably not geting a refund.

Secondly, it's allready dead for me. I uninstalled it because I got tired of dying to the same cheap crap, or having a staring contest. Trust me, just uninstall and look for something else.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm sick of companies taking advantage of the consumer. I hope they do get sued for consumer law. We spend money now a days to get a chance at benefit. 100 bucks for it. Not 60 anymore since season passes are of no value for anygame. Guess it's time for me to give up on the gaming community.

teksuo1
04-15-2017, 06:17 PM
diablo 3 died with the real money auction house for me ; i didn't ask for refunds. took the fall and moved on.

the division died after i maxed the underground dlc for me ; same thing here, moved on.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Well you now know what all these games have in common. A huge company that doesn't care. Blizz. Ubisoft two leaders ea is another

Lumina-US
04-15-2017, 07:13 PM
Well, usually i'm not the one standing up for the game or even the company itself, considering we all have seen For Honor's current state, but imagine the following scenario:

The ice-hockey team you have been cheering for since like, let's say as a 4y old, makes it to the the Championship-finals of whatever league you prefer watching and get's ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED, like 9:1 or so in game 7 and looses the cup due to that - does this make you eligible to ask for a refund on the other 6 games you've been watching/paying the Tickets for? - i think not.

Because? - you have watched the games, or in this case, consumed Ubisoft's services and somewhat enjoyed the game - so they actually DID deliever what you paid for, by the laws.

How these services run, is a complete different story though, but again, you got what you've been shoving bucks for - the product is on your PC/Console and you do not have anymore privileges than that, i'm affraid.

Or in other words, despite all the terrible connection- and all other issues that are still going on, why would you get a refund, because you have not been getting whatever fits your needs/excpectations? - Welcome to life pal!

EDG_Avocado
04-15-2017, 08:40 PM
game is already dead lol.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Well unfortunately the analogy you gave isnt comparable to the TOS signing of consumer law. A hockey game is a gamble as is buying a product that you hope will work (in any lively event); if that's what you are comparing. So by TOS depending on where you live you could in fact receive a refund. Also if they don't release any additional content by X days which is also another agreeing contract they will forfeit the law that states refund under no reason.

You have to understand as a company that sells a product globally (or at all on mass scale ) you have bilaws that you must follow. And a closing response about me not getting what I played for its simply that a "funtional" product. Which is in the midst of a grey area.

Hope now you understand my concern.

Lumina-US
04-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Well unfortunately the analogy you gave isnt comparable to the TOS signing of consumer law. A hockey game is a gamble as is buying a product that you hope will work (in any lively event); if that's what you are comparing. So by TOS depending on where you live you could in fact receive a refund. Also if they don't release any additional content by X days which is also another agreeing contract they will forfeit the law that states refund under no reason.

You have to understand as a company that sells a product globally (or at all on mass scale ) you have bilaws that you must follow. And a closing response about me not getting what I played for its simply that a "funtional" product. Which is in the midst of a grey area.

Hope now you understand my concern.Have you ever seen the following: "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" ? - i read it in tons of agreement contracts, when buying stuff on either iTunes, PSN or XBL.

Don't get me wrong, i want the game to live on and be successful as much as you do, since i paid more than 100$ for it myself, but by law, Ubisoft is really not "responsible" to fullfil everything they promised, just in the unfortunate case that the game will really get shut down earlier as planned, since you, resp. we ALL, agreed on that SUBJECT TO CHANGE thing right on buying.

So one can only hope, that Ubisoft get's this game back on track - if they don't, then book that money under "lesson learned", as we all will have to.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 09:52 PM
I do hope it gets better also. However you are just use to being taken advantage of and stand idle by while it keeps happening. I myself am not that type of person.

Subject to change also has a bilaw. Fyi 30 day mark is agreement TOS law; fact. You should freshen up on consumer law also so you understand what's under its claus.

Mamosha_
04-15-2017, 10:10 PM
Just wait for ranked games and this game will returning her playes

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 10:50 PM
I'm waiting to see forum updates for ps4 stability and next batch of hero's with hopefully some sort of catchup

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm waiting to see forum updates for ps4 stability and next batch of hero's with hopefully some sort of catchup

They have given community updates over stability. As of yesterday, some time after this console patch hits next week they are trying to get players into games before as opposed to after they start across all platforms, this will help with 4v4, most notably dominion. After the console patch hits next week, week after that is a balancing and stability patch for pc, week after that for console also, so in three weeks we should have something where we can see have they made progress or not assuming patch releases go to plan. And things have been getting more stable, when it started, I couldn't 4v4 at all, now I will get most elimination, some dominion and I have only just started playing skirmish so can't really say anything there. Most and some isn't really good enough but there is progress and hopefully there should be more soon.

What I do dislike seeing, and it is not so much here but other threads like it, is people telling us they have left and we should leave also, no one can dictate to me that I am or am not enjoying a game enough to keep playing it. For my own part as long as the servers are up,I will be logging in. This is a unique game, there are teething problems, and no, for the record, I don't buy the argument that they should have seen with x hundred on the server problems that would come for x thousand which seems to be the current opinion. The devs are communicating with us weekly, the reps are communicating with us daily and things are improving over time.

SirBrah
04-15-2017, 11:32 PM
They only started communicating after boycott. So I wouldn't hop on the train of this game is great. I am hopeful but also pissed off with the creators.

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2017, 11:37 PM
They only started communicating after boycott. So I wouldn't hop on the train of this game is great. I am hopeful but also pissed off with the creators.

I am not saying there are no problems, what I am saying is I decide when I have stopped enjoying a game, no one else.