PDA

View Full Version : Versatility

kanuzira
04-15-2017, 02:05 PM
I think that all the heroes should get their moveset increased. the amount of attacks needs to be enlarged. attacks that cancel into other attacks so you do not have to use feint all the time and makes the game somewhat more interesting since the turtle meta is at it's top, maby get some flickering involved in this because those turtles only move when they see some red shining bar. With this you can be more on the attacking side than just defence to win.

I was also thinking about more sides to attack and defend to increase the skill level that is needed. maby add 2 more zones so you have more sides to attack from and brings new uppertunities for moves.

please share your oppinion on this.
hope you guys like my idea.

kanuzira
04-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Well then, i guess my ideas are crap.

Epoqx
04-15-2017, 06:39 PM
What you are asking for won't ever happen. You ask a rebuild of the game mechanics !

kanuzira
04-15-2017, 07:00 PM
What you are asking for won't ever happen. You ask a rebuild of the game mechanics !

Well, maby that is needed

Helnekromancer
04-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Even if they did increase the movelist, which takes a lot of time to accomplish you will have the problem of players only using one combo or 3 moves because either they are the only viable ones or they are too lazy to learn anything else.

Take Valkyrie for instance, before she was buffed players had to do several mix ups just to get out dmg, for example using her unique Dodge Counter Hero Passive to shield an attack and dash at the same time allowing her to get a free bleed off so instead of parrying an attack you simply dash into it to land a free bleed and from that bleed she can shield bash you. It took time to learn but once you get use to it people thought twice before attacking a Valkyrie but, now that they buffed her and increase her attack speed all Valkyries do is the same lunging light, light, almost always guaranteed sweep and topped off with a free heavy. Rense and repeat. It almost always works and they barely have to use their brain.

Or Nobushi,
- she can cancel her ZA into a side light or side heavy
- can follow up with a kick if she land 1-3 lights, 1-2 heavies, from hidden stance giving her a free light bleed if the kick lands
- Hidden Stance allows you to either kick, land a light or a heavy and dodge heavies and lights if you time it perfectly
- Vipers Retreat allows her to add a 4th attack to her 3 hit combo and if the top bleed lands she can do 3 more lights depending on if the person can block it or not. (It's a soft infinite combo string)

But even with all those moves, mix ups, and potential combos, using about 95% of her move list, she still loses to everyone else if she doesn't play perfectly and stays in the middle of the pack.

So I'm not sure if they need more combos or just overall buffs like the Lawbringer to be more Versatile. So a buff like making the Orochi's Storm Rush an unblockable move, forcing players to dodge/parry it, would give Orochi's more tools to work with and Feinting a Storm Rush would have more weight behind it.

kanuzira
04-16-2017, 03:29 PM
Even if they did increase the movelist, which takes a lot of time to accomplish you will have the problem of players only using one combo or 3 moves because either they are the only viable ones or they are too lazy to learn anything else.

Take Valkyrie for instance, before she was buffed players had to do several mix ups just to get out dmg, for example using her unique Dodge Counter Hero Passive to shield an attack and dash at the same time allowing her to get a free bleed off so instead of parrying an attack you simply dash into it to land a free bleed and from that bleed she can shield bash you. It took time to learn but once you get use to it people thought twice before attacking a Valkyrie but, now that they buffed her and increase her attack speed all Valkyries do is the same lunging light, light, almost always guaranteed sweep and topped off with a free heavy. Rense and repeat. It almost always works and they barely have to use their brain.

Or Nobushi,
- she can cancel her ZA into a side light or side heavy
- can follow up with a kick if she land 1-3 lights, 1-2 heavies, from hidden stance giving her a free light bleed if the kick lands
- Hidden Stance allows you to either kick, land a light or a heavy and dodge heavies and lights if you time it perfectly
- Vipers Retreat allows her to add a 4th attack to her 3 hit combo and if the top bleed lands she can do 3 more lights depending on if the person can block it or not. (It's a soft infinite combo string)

But even with all those moves, mix ups, and potential combos, using about 95% of her move list, she still loses to everyone else if she doesn't play perfectly and stays in the middle of the pack.

So I'm not sure if they need more combos or just overall buffs like the Lawbringer to be more Versatile. So a buff like making the Orochi's Storm Rush an unblockable move, forcing players to dodge/parry it, would give Orochi's more tools to work with and Feinting a Storm Rush would have more weight behind it.

Even if they use 3 moves it would stil be nice to have more so that they can use it for a surprise so you have to take it into account that you could get attacked with that. like with the lb, it would be a great thing to have something like the raider who cancels a heavy into light. or something like the valk after a push you hook the anckle. we need more moves so we have a larger set to choose from so you can decide what to do and not be limited to the scarce moveset

corazondedelfin
04-16-2017, 03:32 PM
I think that all the heroes should get their moveset increased. the amount of attacks needs to be enlarged. attacks that cancel into other attacks so you do not have to use feint all the time and makes the game somewhat more interesting since the turtle meta is at it's top, maby get some flickering involved in this because those turtles only move when they see some red shining bar. With this you can be more on the attacking side than just defence to win.

I was also thinking about more sides to attack and defend to increase the skill level that is needed. maby add 2 more zones so you have more sides to attack from and brings new uppertunities for moves.

please share your oppinion on this.
hope you guys like my idea.

AT least you have ideas, and will to improve this broken videogame. Its more that what many others can say, including the developers themselves Im afraid.

NEVER SAY YOUR IDEAS ARE CRAP, AS IDEAS ARE ALWAYS BETTER THAN CRAP.