PDA

View Full Version : Question about console gameplay to Damien K.

Capoupacap
04-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Hi there,

First of all, thanks to address some time about console situation in the last Dev Stream and feedback to your community. It was actually a really good livestream. You should think to post these earlier on the forum if it's possible.

I would like to ask Damien K. to spent a few minutes to explain how PC and Xbox/PS4 could have a so different gameplay. I think it's correct to think that defense on console is much more difficult against light spam than on PC. I feel like the indicator appears just before getting hit.

Here is a list of question about this subject:

What are the plan to balance this ? Is a same balance than with the zone attack of the PK possible ?

Is there simple solution with our hardware ? Connecting our controller to the console for example ? It's clear that their is a bigger input lag with controler on console (bluetooth)

I think you won't be allowed to reply to this one but let's try. Is PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio, that promise 60 fps, a solution to balance gameplay beetween PC and console ?

DrExtrem
04-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Since they are making balancing decisions based on pc data, I highly doubt, that they are thinking of the matter as an issue.

Off course it is an issue and console and of gameplay are different experiences but I get the feeling, that they don't care.

I bet, that they are testing the console versions with wired controllers, in closed, local test networks and on high end monitors.

Capoupacap
04-17-2017, 12:42 AM
I think it's a real deal to address if they want a proper balance!

Actually light spam of Kensei, berzerker, PK, valkyrie and orochi and nearly impossible to block.

Is it possible to address this situation just by making the indicator showing us the attack just a bit more quickly ????

I wired my elite controler and set it on full instant reaction and feel (may be believe) that I had a better control on blocking.

I think a comment of the dev stream is needed !!!

cragar212
04-17-2017, 01:51 AM
The fact they haven't even acknowledged the issue says alot. I get the feeling they really only care about pc even though the majority of tne playerbase is on console.

Yesterday I watched Sypherpk win the 2v2 tournament on pc and then get crushed in the 2nd round of an xbox tournament.

After losing he went on a rant about after playing on xbox he felt the game doesn't work on console and felt he was unable to parry well or even CGB. His rant was posted on the competitive FH reddit but dissapeared. Not sure who had the video removed.

UbiJurassic
04-17-2017, 02:29 AM
While I can't guarantee a response from Damien, I can certainly forward your questions on over to the team. ;)

Capoupacap
04-17-2017, 11:44 AM
While I can't guarantee a response from Damien, I can certainly forward your questions on over to the team. ;)

Much appreciated UbiJurassic, it's a very important console issue regardless to PC gameplay. It deeply affect how balancing will work on console.