PDA

View Full Version : Loading parry meter

Alchemist..
04-15-2017, 11:49 AM
What if you need to charge the parry meter before it can be used? It works like a revenge, you have to do x dmg to charge the meter lets say 2 heavys or 4 lights. Then the turtling will not matter and the parry will help better figters to finish the fight faster

Titanodragon
04-15-2017, 05:20 PM
What about lawbringer, who's character is based around parry.
Do assassin's have to charge a deflect meter (I know deflect is a little bit more challenging)?

TheLastPandaa
04-15-2017, 06:11 PM
What if you need to charge the parry meter before it can be used? It works like a revenge, you have to do x dmg to charge the meter lets say 2 heavys or 4 lights. Then the turtling will not matter and the parry will help better figters to finish the fight faster

http://t00.deviantart.net/ZmwLvQjr3MKdHYBsKbMch2_7AvQ=/fit-in/700x350/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre02/e429/th/pre/i/2017/042/2/8/chibi_peacekeeper_by_ptcrow-dayowjt.jpg

Edit to add: I see a big problem on that idea: PK

teksuo1
04-15-2017, 06:14 PM
having to charge up a meter to use something that can be baited with a feint and countered right then?! i'm not sure about this one honestly.

Alchemist..
04-15-2017, 07:36 PM
All characters need buffs / ners and balance everybody's know about it.

I did not specify my idea so first what we need.

All numbers are examples so do not take them literally

Cheap dmg for blocking

Light 1dmg
Heavy 2dmg

Stamina cost fod dodging, All numbers are examples so do not take them literally

For making damage we load parry meter and deflect for assassins, the deflect meter is only charged for blocked light attaki for example

For making 60 dmg the meter is full and we get 2 parry a attempts

For making 10 dmg 2 deflect attempts

In this way the players would be more open to attack and fighting would be more tactical and interesting and feints would be used more often. Also note that not every parry means that we will do damage so the one who charged the meter would not be 100% winner.

Alchemist..
04-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Of course, this is just the base of the system ideas, rules can be different for all classes, for example, defense in full block stance should do 2x dmg by blocking because it does not need any reflexes? Mabye the assassins in the form of deflects so maybe the rest of them will get bonuses for full landed chains, or for making x dmg without succesfull block at that time by the opponent? Mabye successfully dodged bash leg sweep or so should be rewarded as a stamina bonus?