PDA

View Full Version : theoretically, could this game support cross-platform PvP?

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Just wondering.... I dont know a lot about how it works or what the limitations are, but is it possible to support cross platform PvP if they wanted to? Theres no servers so I assume that would be one of the big obstacles that sony/microsoft might object to.

Also, playing on a keyboard isnt an advantage at all like in other games (mostly shooters) so I think balance wise it would be perfectly fine. (Im in the top 3% K/D and im using a controller on PC)

Its already hard to find a game and its the same people every odd night I hop on. And im not sure if we'll see players return like in R6:S, I think it makes sense to do it for this game. What do you think? Is it possible, and would it be extremely hard to implement? Cheers.

DrExtrem
04-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Pvp does not even work properly, if the players are on the same platform.

In addition, console players would have a serious disadvantage towards pc players - 30 fps-issue. Or all platforms would have to be restricted yo 30 fps to even the odds.

Cross xbox and ps4 might be possible.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Pvp does not even work properly, if the players are on the same platform.

In addition, console players would have a serious disadvantage towards pc players - 30 fps-issue. Or all platforms would have to be restricted yo 30 fps to even the odds.

Cross xbox and ps4 might be possible.

I know the PvP is broken atm, but when/if they fix it, we'll still have a fairly small playerbase. Would playing at 30fps actually disadvantage console players a lot? as in would it affect parry windows or dodge times etc...?

cragar212
04-15-2017, 01:17 PM
I know the PvP is broken atm, but when/if they fix it, we'll still have a fairly small playerbase. Would playing at 30fps actually disadvantage console players a lot? as in would it affect parry windows or dodge times etc...?

It's been a huge topic for a long time in the community. Console players have gone to pc to test and pc players have gone to console to test. Everyone I have seen is in agreement that there is a noticeable difference.

Bakeneko.
04-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Hi! It might not be a problem for the best of the Kingsguard, but i felt that my right thumb is overloaded while using the controller (controlling guard stance, feint and guard break with one finger). KB+Mouse just feels much faster and lets you distribute the tasks among fingers more evenly. (the only thing i hate is the accidental guard change with mouse)

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 02:03 PM
It's been a huge topic for a long time in the community. Console players have gone to pc to test and pc players have gone to console to test. Everyone I have seen is in agreement that there is a noticeable difference.

Ahh ok, do you know what the main problem was? was it the controller vs keyboard or the 30fps vs 60fps+? cheers

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 02:23 PM
Hi! It might not be a problem for the best of the Kingsguard, but i felt that my right thumb is overloaded while using the controller (controlling guard stance, feint and guard break with one finger). KB+Mouse just feels much faster and lets you distribute the tasks among fingers more evenly. (the only thing i hate is the accidental guard change with mouse)

Hahaha. Yeah I can understand that, maybe an option to put GB on the right stick click would help out a lot. Hopefully an option to switch comes up in an update. Id switch to it too if I could.

coldguy111
04-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Ahh ok, do you know what the main problem was? was it the controller vs keyboard or the 30fps vs 60fps+? cheers

60fps gives an advantage in terms of being given twice the amount of time to react to attacks. With characters such as pk imo being balanced in these conditions.

RatedChaotic
04-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Cross-platform would be a disaster. Especially when it came down to pc vs ps4 or pc vs xbox.

DrExtrem
04-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Its a combination of multiple problems.

30 fps, frame loss, mirrored frames, input lag of the tv screen, controller delay, network lag ... etc.

Its the combination that makes the console experience castle different from the of version. On pc, it is not uncommon to get your light attacks parried - on console, you can barely notice the two frame flickering if the parry indicator. It is too fast for the human eye to be noticed. That's why light spam of several heroes is so toxic on console.

teksuo1
04-15-2017, 06:36 PM
imagine all the salt from the 30- fps players facing 60++ fps players.

sounds good to me, though ;)