PDA

View Full Version : Hide Reputation Level in Duels

jesse121121
04-14-2017, 11:26 PM
I would like to propose to the community that Ubisoft consider removing Rep level from being displayed during Duels and Brawls. My reason for this is because I take a lot of grief from other players for being high rep level, and I don't play like a For Honor god. I play a single toon, and complete all the quests with this one toon, therefore I level him up fast. I'm not sure why others don't do this, but to each his own. Since gear score is not used in duels, I do not see the point in displaying a persons rep level. I have had players outright curse at me just because I'm higher level then they are. Sometimes I have a bad game, and my opponent mocks me for being high level. This is really ruining the experience for me, I just want to enjoy the fights and not be judged for my rep level. I almost wish I could reset his rep level and start again, so I don't have to listen to all the whining and complaining about it. Yes, I have lost to rep zero players, and I have won against rep 20's, so what difference does it make what rep level I am.
I hope Ubisoft will atleast consider this, as it will remove expectations from players minds, and let us concentrate on the fight, not a players status.

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 12:00 AM
It's definitely something we can look into considering, jesse. What are everyone else's thoughts on something like this?

Hep7imus
04-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Would it be possible that each and every player could decide for himself if he wanted to show rep/lvl (options menu)? If you got nothing against showing it, then why not? And those that want to remain "anonymous" could be that.

D4rkgrizzly
04-15-2017, 12:20 AM
I agree, or at least an option to hide it. Also it can psych someone out and lead to more quitters/ rage quitters leaving matches and wasting our time.

RatedChaotic
04-15-2017, 12:28 AM
I agree. Thats just another thing for them to use as a weapon when it doesnt need to be. I'm rep6 and I'm not that good I know it. But removing it would ease tension in those 2 modes. I like Hep7imus comment.

Your more likely to get hate mail being bad at high rep than being bad at low rep. I will be that guy that receives it. lol

Dizzy4213
04-15-2017, 12:29 AM
To be honest, I don't really see the point in doing it. Your opponent mocks you for being high level, so what? People will **** talk either way. Even if Rep levels were hidden, nothing would change. You would still see messages like "you're so bad kid" or "wow you're trash" etc. I can understand your frustration, but as I said, if someone is going to mock you. They will do it anyway, regardless of Rep level. Just gotta learn to ignore them.

Also if they really wanted to, they could just look you up on the For Honor Tracker.

Gray360UK
04-15-2017, 12:29 AM
Yeah I would like to see it gone too. You should only know how good / bad your opponent is when you start trying to hit them and it does / does not work.

A lot of the desire to quit comes from the fact that people believe their match up is unfair, and this comes from seeing the Rep level. If you do poorly in Round 1, you're a lot less likely to stick around for Round 2 if you believe you are losing because you are level 10 and they are Rep 15.

Of course, better Matchmaking would also fix this.

Reign
04-15-2017, 12:34 AM
I say go for it Rep level means nothing in duels and to those who don't care it means the same. But for the tragic lowlifes who make themselves feel better by attacking people on video games it's fuel. And anything done to stamp them from existence I am all for.

Kaijudub
04-15-2017, 12:39 AM
I would love this tbh, being high rep defo invites people to grief regardless of win or loss.

edit also its kind of laughable how many people quit at the start of my duels, had msg's saying for example " well you have no life so whats the point of me trying"

Genesiz13
04-15-2017, 12:44 AM
a bit related to the topic, i think that rep level display and and gear score display also greatly affect the chances of someone qutting, decreasing overrall match stability. i mean, qutting because of how the match is going, in case it's just not fun is understandable, but just qutting as soon as the match starts because of the rep and gear level displayed on the opening screen doesn't. maybe remove ( or adjust some other way) the color coding for gear score level ( just the one displayed on the loading screen), and perhaps instead of showing the rep level , just show your emblem and add exclusive emblem elements for overrall rep level. i mean, anything above rep 3, strictly balancing wise, is indifferent, since that's the point where you start earning heroic gear. as for non-geared modes, maybe add a skill rating display instead of rep level, rep level in theory basically only means how much time you've played, but alot of people associate it with skill.

cragar212
04-15-2017, 01:59 AM
I agree hide rep in duels and brawls.

psyminion
04-15-2017, 02:21 AM
I agree the option to hide the rep level for duels and brawls would be nice.

Helnekromancer
04-15-2017, 03:24 AM
Make it so you have a choice to leave it on or off I want to know if I'm fighting against a Rep 20+ Kensei, means this fight is going to be amusing. Rep level isn't going to stop them from ragequitting after you parried their moves 4 times in a row because they weren't smart enough to mix up their tactics. Then it just turns into people feeling you out the first round realize you are better than them and leave, Not really solving anything but I guess people will leave after the first round instead of the stare down.

Lumina-US
04-15-2017, 09:50 AM
I agree, or at least an option to hide it. Also it can psych someone out and lead to more quitters/ rage quitters leaving matches and wasting our time.I'm fine with Rep lvl being displayed.

The game always uses the same loading screen for all game modes, so it's obv. that you're going to see it, but i'm either fine with an option to hide it, if it's a choice to make in the game's settings - that way everybody remains happy.

Just don't remove it straight flat out because somebody demands it - let the players do the choice if they want it displayed or hidden.

As for rage quitters wasting our precious time, i have the best idea ever about that and i wonder why noone ever suggested that before:

How about you implent a mechanism that prevents the host from leaving the match?

That way quitters could still quit, if they oh so much desire doing so, (it is there loot and XP miss) but at least the session would NOT crash and could be played till the end for/by everybody that chooses to stand and fight - how about that?

Plus i think that way the connection would also become a bit more stable in general, since the game doesn't (try to) switch the host back and forth everytime somebody leaves.

MrWTF
04-15-2017, 10:57 AM
I AGREE COMPLETELY! All the display of "rep level" does, is either the other person saying they lost because you are higher level... Or worse, calling you a sh**ty player over PSN message, even though the person who "beat" you was a peacekeeper spamming lightattacks... (and you still made it to round 5).

TheLastPandaa
04-15-2017, 11:59 AM
I would like to propose to the community that Ubisoft consider removing Rep level from being displayed during Duels and Brawls. My reason for this is because I take a lot of grief from other players for being high rep level, and I don't play like a For Honor god. I play a single toon, and complete all the quests with this one toon, therefore I level him up fast. I'm not sure why others don't do this, but to each his own. Since gear score is not used in duels, I do not see the point in displaying a persons rep level. I have had players outright curse at me just because I'm higher level then they are. Sometimes I have a bad game, and my opponent mocks me for being high level. This is really ruining the experience for me, I just want to enjoy the fights and not be judged for my rep level. I almost wish I could reset his rep level and start again, so I don't have to listen to all the whining and complaining about it. Yes, I have lost to rep zero players, and I have won against rep 20's, so what difference does it make what rep level I am.
I hope Ubisoft will atleast consider this, as it will remove expectations from players minds, and let us concentrate on the fight, not a players status.

I really like your idea.:D

Whackme
04-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Great idea, I can absolutely second that! But let's make it optional to show or hide, so everyone can decide for himself. Best compromise for all.

Lumina-US
04-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Great idea, I can absolutely second that! But let's make it optional to show or hide, so everyone can decide for himself. Best compromise for all.Correct, make it optional in the settings and that's it.

An a little piece of advice for the thread starter:

Just ignore them and let the kids be kids - i'm a Reputation lvl 17 Warden on 108 since several weeks, all armor and weapon sets maxed out and people do the following a lot:

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!
Please wait 5.0 seconds

Good fight!
Good fight!
Good fight!
Please wait 5.0 seconds

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Please wait 5.0 seconds

And i know they're not putting it up because i did good - it's just the console way to grief/trying to pull your trigger, since there's no free roam text chat window on either XB1 or PS4. (which i'm, for just once, freaking glad about actually - spares you a lot of hassle and all the "Oh i'm so gonna ******** your mother and your dog" messages in-game, everytime you execute somebody)

But do you really think that bothers me? - the reason is, no matter how high or low your Rep, people will always turn into pissy Mooses once you bested them, (and a modified loading screen with your lvl hidden, is not going to change that either) the more often you kill them, the pissier they get - high lvl warriors like us, should be used to that, by now.

If you are not, welcome to the PVP world my friend - that's how it basically is these days in any PVP-focused MMO - nothing new in town.

And if you are not playing on console but PC instead, just don't pay attention to the chat window, unless your teammates have something important or tactical related to say.

In other words, just ignore that chit/chat, delete any offensive PM's you may get without even reading them and focus on your game, that's the best and probably only thing you can do at this point - some people will never change their attitude, because you know, big ego and that.

kanuzira
04-15-2017, 01:05 PM
It's definitely something we can look into considering, jesse. What are everyone else's thoughts on something like this?

remove it as fast as possible. the ammount of crap you get for playing one hero is just stupid. i litterly just want to stop playing over it, only insults come rolling your way.. then you can block text they say. but then i cant read my team next time.

BanzaiPizzaLord
04-15-2017, 01:26 PM

I totally agree with Jesse, every duels start with "omg, rep 20, you must a god" or "you can go outside too, sun is good for D vitamin blablabla"
it's so annoying

Thanks

That_guy44
04-15-2017, 06:39 PM
"They won't know matchmaking is an issue, if everyone's rep levels are hidden"

That's the idea you are giving to ubisoft. The majority of high rep levels aren't trash like some you that posted. I'm rep 4 now. I remember going into 4v4 and seeing nothing but purple and gold on the other side. While my side had 1 purple and white. Yeah that's ********. I don't even mind when lower ranked players quit. I know how it felt. If people are getting their *** kicked, at least let them know why. Without a ranked system, the rep levels are the closest thing we have to judge someone's potential. I hope they stay until they employment a ranked system.

Kaijudub
04-15-2017, 07:32 PM
"They won't know matchmaking is an issue, if everyone's rep levels are hidden"

That's the idea you are giving to ubisoft. The majority of high rep levels aren't trash like some you that posted. I'm rep 4 now. I remember going into 4v4 and seeing nothing but purple and gold on the other side. While my side had 1 purple and white. Yeah that's ********. I don't even mind when lower ranked players quit. I know how it felt. If people are getting their *** kicked, at least let them know why. Without a ranked system, the rep levels are the closest thing we have to judge someone's potential. I hope they stay until they employment a ranked system.

So the only possible reason people lose is because they've been out geared?

We're talking duels here as well btw, you know where gear score doesn't matter...

escacleo
04-15-2017, 08:14 PM
Why do some people consider rep 6+ as high rep?

I'm fine with Rep lvl being displayed.

The game always uses the same loading screen for all game modes, so it's obv. that you're going to see it, but i'm either fine with an option to hide it, if it's a choice to make in the game's settings - that way everybody remains happy.

Just don't remove it straight flat out because somebody demands it - let the players do the choice if they want it displayed or hidden.

As for rage quitters wasting our precious time, i have the best idea ever about that and i wonder why noone ever suggested that before:

How about you implent a mechanism that prevents the host from leaving the match?

That way quitters could still quit, if they oh so much desire doing so, (it is there loot and XP miss) but at least the session would NOT crash and could be played till the end for/by everybody that chooses to stand and fight - how about that?

Plus i think that way the connection would also become a bit more stable in general, since the game doesn't (try to) switch the host back and forth everytime somebody leaves.

I'd say if you are host and you leave, the game pauses you while finding another host and once host is transferred then it allows you to leave game. However this wouldn't solve straight system turn offs

Gray360UK
04-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Why do some people consider rep 6+ as high rep?

Because about 3% of the playerbase have reached Rep 5+ according to the achievement for doing so.

IesooMI
04-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Terrible idea, I enjoy seeing a high rep opponent in my duels then seeing how terrible they actually are (typical 4s players). Does this community cry about everything?

Felis_Menari
04-15-2017, 11:02 PM
Eh, it's difficult for me to care about this. Time investment is not necessarily indicative of skill; anyone who isn't a fool knows this.

Karma_Ghost
04-16-2017, 12:02 AM
+1

I don't really see a point to displaying the rep level at all in any game mode. It's only indicative of approx time played for that one warrior and only for that particular copy of the game. It mostly just provides fuel for trolling and complaining.

UbiJurassic
04-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll make sure it gets forwarded over to the team for consideration! :D

That_guy44
04-16-2017, 02:14 AM
So the only possible reason people lose is because they've been out geared?

We're talking duels here as well btw, you know where gear score doesn't matter...

Nowhere did I say that's the only way people lose. The **** are you going on about. My post applies to duels as well, you know where matchmaking is still an issue... rep 4+ players probably shouldn't be matched against rep 0 players. Even considering that people pick their characters after being matched up, game time is not considered. My first match on this game I was matched with a rep 2. Second match, a rep 4. Seeing the rep levels allowed to me call out on the ********.

eliteslayer66
04-16-2017, 03:51 AM
I would like this. I'm a Rep 30 Lawbringer but i don't dare to touch duels with him. It is very stressful playing when people have expectations of me.

Lunatriptika
04-16-2017, 04:25 AM
I definitely agree. The level should be hide. Sometimes people just leaving before the match start.

It even happens in a match my opponent refuse to fight me, argue about that. Because I was high rep' so he thought he had no chance.
Was quite ridiculous (so I just throw him in the pit).