PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki better not be getting nerf'd....

IDreaml
04-14-2017, 10:05 PM
You got characters out there like pk, warden, warlord, conq with their unblockable bs but you guys are nerfing the slowest most easily read character in the game? Who ever can't parry Shugo's lights is braindead. His charge is literally his only saving grace. If it wasn't for his charge he'd lose every fight. Are you guys insane? Don't nerf that ****. Remove pk out of the game instead.

Joseph_2017
04-14-2017, 10:15 PM
Ya, leave the big guy alone

damp1o
04-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Ya, leave the big guy alone

Or he will pay you a visit and eat you with chinese chopsticks

Smithersss27
04-14-2017, 10:21 PM
You got characters out there like pk, warden, warlord, conq with their unblockable bs but you guys are nerfing the slowest most easily read character in the game? Who ever can't parry Shugo's lights is braindead. His charge is literally his only saving grace. If it wasn't for his charge he'd lose every fight. Are you guys insane? Don't nerf that ****. Remove pk out of the game instead.

Have to disagree with you about the Shugo charge dude. It's annoying as hell to play against and creates a 50/50 for the opponent which is simply unfair, look at warden for example there's a reason why these two classes are being adjusted as no1 else has the ability to 50/50. Right choice is to nerf the charge HOWEVER, they should then balance this out by buffing something else in your moveset. Agreed your lights are easy as piss to parry but it seems like the devs wanted Shugo to be all about dmg trades with his stance. Maybe increase speed of his lights or increase the damage slightly to make it worth trading blows? What would make you happy as a Shugo main if you could buff something other than Oni Charge?

Neqva
04-14-2017, 10:24 PM
Everyone is crying about Conqs, what happends? Conq gets nerfed. Everyone cries about Warlords, what happends? They get nerfed. People cry about Shugoki. Guess what.... They are going to get nerfed.

Honestly, you say, and I quote "conq with their unblockable bs", yet you think Shugoki beeing able to run you down and get a free heavy is fine? hilarious. Just makes it seem like another "Nerf everyone else, but my class isn't OP, stay away from him". Well guess what, you will just have to do the same as everyone else, either reroll the new OP class, or, you know, get good at the game.

TheLastPandaa
04-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Sry but Shugoki is the most broken heroe of the game. And when i say broken i mean broken, not unbalance or OP like Pk for example. He has some of the most cheasy mechanics, habilities and movements of the entire game and ofcourse he haso has the most unfair exploits (oneshot kill, im looking at you).
Not to mention its appearance that defies every law of physics and biology, giving the game a much less realistic look.

I donīt like the idea of taking content away, but with shugoki i might make an exception until UBI fixes him.

tbtsrjc
04-14-2017, 11:04 PM
The last game I played in For Honor before quitting was an elimination match against what I believed to be a premade team of Shugokis. They wiped the floor with us and we had players with higher gear scores on our team. I know gear shouldn't matter that much but it wasn't even competitive.

They run charge people off of ledges, they take turns back breaking whoever is in front of them. Their unblockable heavy attack decimates those that get hit. Dealing with one Shugoki is enough and I can actually dodge out of the way of Demon's Embrace most of the time. But when you have a second guy hanging back waiting on your dodge before giving you a smother hug it feels pretty broken to say the least.

I believe Shugokis are more infuriating to deal with compared to Warlord or Conqueror pre patch, IMO. I hope they get nerfed for the sake of balance.

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Shugoki's 50/50 is too toxic to be left alone, but I'm not against reworking some aspects of him once that gets nerfed. We really to fix all the exploits before we worry about balance come on guys.

Varakharne
04-15-2017, 12:04 AM
I hope they nerf him, he is beyond annoying and easily one of the lamest characters in the roster. His finishers alone are enough to make you not want to play him. All he is is a less ******ed version of Bo rai Cho ! I hate clown characters so much.

EDIT wow you cant say ******ed ? really ? are we that sensitive nowadays ? Christ on a pike! I want to move to another planet where the locals arent colossal pussies!

EDIT part 2 .. OMFG you can say pussies but not ******ed ? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 12:13 AM
The only changes we have announced coming to Shugoki is to address an issue with his "Charge of the Oni". We are certainly aware of the issues with Peacekeeper and have started making changes to put her in a more balanced place in the game. Our latest changes were to her side dodge heavy but in patch 1.06 we'll be looking to readjust her light attack.

D4rkgrizzly
04-15-2017, 12:32 AM
Shugoki is currently cancer with his "Charge of the Oni" abuse. I just played a few dominion matches with no less then 3 Shugokies and most of the time they were on the same team. Would you like to guess the move they spammed? It wasn't fun. Why play a game that's not fun? So until he's fixed I have to not enjoy my time playing this game or play vs AI. He needs a hot fix asap and not in 2 weeks.

Felis_Menari
04-15-2017, 12:35 AM

Charge of the Oni may very well be the most broken move in the game, currently. It's going to be modified; there's no getting around this.

IDreaml
04-15-2017, 02:02 AM
The only changes we have announced coming to Shugoki is to address an issue with his "Charge of the Oni". We are certainly aware of the issues with Peacekeeper and have started making changes to put her in a more balanced place in the game. Our latest changes were to her side dodge heavy but in patch 1.06 we'll be looking to readjust her light attack.

All anyone needs to do to avoid the charge is to roll to the side. I can't avoid warden's charge, and if you're up against a wall vs a conq and he's shield charging.... You're basically in an infinite loop of drained stamina and eating heavy blows. Shugoki literally is limited to about 3 moves. He has no mixups except ones that people can read from a mile away. He's basically a counter character at this point. Short of being psychic and parrying some characters who's attacks are lightning fast... The charge is literally all he has to save himself. Nerf the charge and he's useless.. Maybe he'll land a light here and there but ultimately any player with common sense could just read those and parry without effort. I'm seeing people who play warden and valk complaining about Shugo and I honestly cannot believe it. Warden has god mode basically, and valk is like a ticking time bomb where if you make 1 mistake you're on the floor eating spears.... But shugo's run in a straight line and do 1 heavy if you're lucky enough to land the charge is too much? lol?

When is warden losing his shoulder charge?

IDreaml
04-15-2017, 02:07 AM
Shugoki is currently cancer with his "Charge of the Oni" abuse. I just played a few dominion matches with no less then 3 Shugokies and most of the time they were on the same team. Would you like to guess the move they spammed? It wasn't fun. Why play a game that's not fun? So until he's fixed I have to not enjoy my time playing this game or play vs AI. He needs a hot fix asap and not in 2 weeks.

Dominion mode as a whole, in fact any mode that allows people to gang up has been nothing but cancer for as long as the game has been out. What is the difference between shugo's charge and wardens shoulder bash? Or lb's shove? Or warlords headbutt? Or valks/conq's shield bash? You're getting ganged up on and that's that, it's not shugo that makes it not fun it's the fact that you're getting gang raped. Another thing I gotta point out.. Every character has a revenge mode... Shugoki doesn't. He's literally useless in revenge mode because all his moves are slow as ****. Whenever I get revenge I basically only use to to ward off being killed for a second longer.. And if I try to attack, parried. Too slow to be effective...

IDreaml
04-15-2017, 02:11 AM
I suggest all these complainers about Shugoki actually try him out. Don't spout the meme "b-b-but he won ... uh... tournies" People who play in tournies are basically robots, they aren't normal. To mark shugoki as broken because some cyborg won a tournament, which he could of done with any character doesn't mean a damn thing. Play shugoki, tell me how "godlike" you feel. I bet you'll play him once, rage out of the match and never play him again.

AkenoKobayashi
04-15-2017, 03:20 AM
So, despite that the Shugoki has higher stamina usage, risks taking extra damage, and is the slowest moving character in the game, people still whine about him being able to instakill them when he's at critical health levels. Meanwhile, Wardens can shoulder spam you, Conqs can shield spam you, Laws can shove spam you, Berzerkers have endless chain attacks that cause no stagger when blocked, Valks can sweep spam, Warlords can run you across a football field with their throws on top of being the tankiest hero...but no. The Shugoki's critical damage instakill move is what requires immediate attention right now.

Most of the Dominion games I play, if I can stay in them, never have any Shugoki in them except when I play him. So, where is this Oni Charge spam coming from?

Bjron_Ironside
04-15-2017, 03:47 AM
So, despite that the Shugoki has higher stamina usage, risks taking extra damage, and is the slowest moving character in the game, people still whine about him being able to instakill them when he's at critical health levels. Meanwhile, Wardens can shoulder spam you, Conqs can shield spam you, Laws can shove spam you, Berzerkers have endless chain attacks that cause no stagger when blocked, Valks can sweep spam, Warlords can run you across a football field with their throws on top of being the tankiest hero...but no. The Shugoki's critical damage instakill move is what requires immediate attention right now.

Most of the Dominion games I play, if I can stay in them, never have any Shugoki in them except when I play him. So, where is this Oni Charge spam coming from?

Preach. Theyre only crying nerf because they encounter trash shugoki players that rely on oni charge free hit. I main shugoki and I hardly ever use oni charge because it's high risk and eats half your stamina. We literally have 1 combo... light/heavy into headbutt...

Also to those who complain about shugoki embrace... omg... shugoki is a disabler for a ****ing reason. See someone in revenge mode decimating your teammates? Hug them. It's a good team play technique to have your team mates destroy the person on your back. It also is an extremely high risk move because you are vulnerable to any and every hit including friendly hits while they are on your back. I can't tell you how many times I've died to hits because I was helping my teammates kill a revenge player. I'd rather sacrifice one of my lives for 2 or 3 of my teammates because of a revenge player. Aslo if you miss an embrace, either you're dead after you get punished or you're putting yourself in a hole with low health. God I can't stand these babies moaning about every ****ing thing that kills them. Might as well ban every hero because they kill you. Smh.

We.the.North
04-15-2017, 05:12 AM
All anyone needs to do to avoid the charge is to roll to the side

You do realise, in Dominion, situations where you fight 1v1 and then, before you can end the fight, either a teamate or another enemy joins the fight. The problem with Shugoki is his ability to VERY QUICKLY end the fight when he joins his teamate. Locked on someone else, a player facing an incoming Oni Charge Shugoki will very often not be able to dodge the charge and will eat 2x Heavy Attack while standing up.

There isn't a single character in the game able to "join a fight" and "finish the fight" as quickly as the Shugoki. It's nuts and quite annoying. The whole revenge idea was made to give the solo players vs 2 opponent a chance. Oni Charge + 2 Heavy will not build your revenge at all and will not allow you to properly try to defend yourself. It's too one sided.

Wateverdude
04-15-2017, 05:28 AM
All I see in this post is Shugoki main claiming their character is not OP. Lol get real, i have a hobby grinding every char into rep 3, I finished 4 characters, jumping into Shugoki, easily rekt people with charge and environmental kill and cheese. I have no intention to play an OP *** character so I drop him instantly after 1 day trial.

People have to accept the fact that Shugoki is king of cheese, easy to play, low risk high reward.

Final words: get real, people

Joseph_2017
04-15-2017, 07:10 AM
All I see in this post is Shugoki main claiming their character is not OP. Lol get real, i have a hobby grinding every char into rep 3, I finished 4 characters, jumping into Shugoki, easily rekt people with charge and environmental kill and cheese. I have no intention to play an OP *** character so I drop him instantly after 1 day trial.

People have to accept the fact that Shugoki is king of cheese, easy to play, low risk high reward.

Final words: get real, people

So using an attack that takes half your stamina and a 3rd of your life if you miss is low risk 😂

Specialkha
04-15-2017, 08:40 AM
And since you should only use said attack after a wall hit, yeah it is low risk.

Btw, we are talking about the oni's charge, the other one, whre you get a free heavy after your opponent fell on the ground. Did you see the tourney where two shugokis were facing each other, running in circle waiting to charge each other?

Wateverdude
04-15-2017, 09:06 AM
So using an attack that takes half your stamina and a 3rd of your life if you miss is low risk 😂

Mr Iosef here is a typical case of people who don't know to exploit an imba character, but running around and yelling "my (OP) character is not OP".

vgrimr_J
04-15-2017, 09:17 AM
are you gonna make PK the fast counterattacker to useless counterattacker? please just dont water this game down and nerf **** to oblivion just because there is a one little jimmy crying for nerfs

damp1o
04-15-2017, 09:23 AM
People need to understand that each FH character has his advantages against some and disatvantages against other classes. If you have troubles change the way you play and not demand the hard characters where you have problems with to be nerfed or deleted you little whiny crybabies.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 09:52 AM
People need to understand that each FH character has his advantages against some and disatvantages against other classes. If you have troubles change the way you play and not demand the hard characters where you have problems with to be nerfed or deleted you little whiny crybabies.

So shugoki being able to run at you off screen and pick you up and lock you into an insanely long animation where other enemies can kill you from full health + full revenge it one single move is acceptable? If you ever fight 2 disablers its not a matter of an uphill batle its just an immediate loss due to being locked into spamable " I win" moves, over and over and over. Or a OHK move he gets when hes already lost the fight fair and square, or if that dosent work just the relentless running knockover spam beside a ledge. (on high fort you literally cant reach one of the objective without running over a rope bridge with a shogoki at the other end, let alone half of the map is death spikes or pits. Then the ability to swing heavy attacks at you that have to be parried, hyper armour on top of all this and then a massive health pool. He is a wheel of no skill cheese that anyone with thumbs can pick up and spam this stuff non stop and win. Have you ever faced a team of 4 of these in dominion? If you havent, try it and come back here and post that its a balanced class..... Give me a break.....

Honestly this game would be a million times better if they removed shogoki and valk from all modes that arent 1v1. And moving forward creating new heroes/ making the next installment, they should hang these heroes on the wall as a stark reminder of the type of heroes that break this game, and devolve it into spam your grab/ shield bash/disabler move- which has no counter or punishment when 2 people are spamming these at you- to win. Everything in the game has a counter/ way to punish except this slab of unprocessed smelly cheese.

All the other heroes can be fought 2v1, except these ones. They should honestly remove disabler moves from the game, and give these classes a full rework and decent movesets to repace the cheap ones they have.

Wateverdude
04-15-2017, 09:57 AM
-Warden and prepatch WL have no counter and have no problem fixing any char in this game
- Orochi cant counter any char, same as prepatch LB
- Prepatch PK and Valk can vs almost any char without having any problem, except Warden and Wl.

Some example that the rock paper scissor in this game almost didnt even exist. Some char just too strong while other you have to put 10x amount of effort to win. This game is all about tier list, and Shugoki is nowhere below A tier.

IDreaml
04-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Honestly this game would be a million times better if they removed shogoki and valk from all modes that arent 1v1.

I think anyone who plays mostly dominion should have no say in what characters are overpowered. To put it bluntly, a full team of pk's or wardens or conqs or warlords could easily wipe the floor with a full team of Shugo's. When you play nothing but duel or brawl you get to know the characters strengths and weaknesses on a much more in depth level. Shugo is countered by 3 quarters of the game's characters. Saying shugoki is A tier, to put things bluntly, is ******ed.All you have to do is dodge... If you can't do that then you're not fit for this game. Unlike conq/warden/warlord unblockable where it's literally next to impossible if not impossible to avoid their charges... Shugo's charge drains a huge portion of his stamina pool and what I've come to realize now that I've put a ton of time into him is that shugo's health bar comes second to his stamina pool. When you are low or out of stamina... lol You're dead. You are legit dead. You can't dodge, you can't move and your chances of parrying lightening fast attacks or unblockable charges that lock onto you even if you dodge... Not to mention warden can gb you while doing his charge.. It's ridiculous. You have no idea how HARD it is to play Shugoki.

Oh and are people really talking about your slim as all hell chance to pull off the death grip 1 hit kill?... Really? If you're that low on health chances are you have tried to parry or gb already and failed multiple times. If by luck you manage to pull off something to get the person against a wall, then good on you. You have no idea how rare it is to pull that off...

I main Shugoki now and when I'm frustrated with losing a few matches I swap to pk and win repeatedly over and over, same with warden.

He has too much health? What? 2 top heavies from warden take my health down to the last bar. What are you people talking about?

Where every other character has speed and an assortment of unblockable moves to lead to assured damage, Shugo has a charge you can dodge and if you're garbage he does 1 heavy before going back into panic mode. Fighting level 10 not even prestige 1 orochi/pk/conq is a nightmare for me. lmao

My advice to you is don't join matches with pro troll teams that all work in synch by picking one character and masterfully winning against the odds, only to blame the character for your loss. It's your fault for joining an oriental bukake. If you still think Shugo is easy mode give him a try. Spam charge until you're out of stamina and get vortex'd to death in one combo. Every. Single. Time.

SerArthur-Dayne
04-15-2017, 10:50 AM
I think anyone who plays mostly dominion should have no say in what characters are overpowered. To put it bluntly, a full team of pk's or wardens or conqs or warlords could easily wipe the floor with a full team of Shugo's. When you play nothing but duel or brawl you get to know the characters strengths and weaknesses on a much more in depth level. Shugo is countered by 3 quarters of the game's characters. Saying shugoki is A tier, to put things bluntly, is ******ed.All you have to do is dodge... If you can't do that then you're not fit for this game. Unlike conq/warden/warlord unblockable where it's literally next to impossible if not impossible to avoid their charges... Shugo's charge drains a huge portion of his stamina pool and what I've come to realize now that I've put a ton of time into him is that shugo's health bar comes second to his stamina pool. When you are low or out of stamina... lol You're dead. You are legit dead. You can't dodge, you can't move and your chances of parrying lightening fast attacks or unblockable charges that lock onto you even if you dodge... Not to mention warden can gb you while doing his charge.. It's ridiculous. You have no idea how HARD it is to play Shugoki.

Oh and are people really talking about your slim as all hell chance to pull off the death grip 1 hit kill?... Really? If you're that low on health chances are you have tried to parry or gb already and failed multiple times. If by luck you manage to pull off something to get the person against a wall, then good on you. You have no idea how rare it is to pull that off...

I main Shugoki now and when I'm frustrated with losing a few matches I swap to pk and win repeatedly over and over, same with warden.

He has too much health? What? 2 top heavies from warden take my health down to the last bar. What are you people talking about?

Where every other character has speed and an assortment of unblockable moves to lead to assured damage, Shugo has a charge you can dodge and if you're garbage he does 1 heavy before going back into panic mode. Fighting level 10 not even prestige 1 orochi/pk/conq is a nightmare for me. lmao

My advice to you is don't join matches with pro troll teams that all work in synch by picking one character and masterfully winning against the odds, only to blame the character for your loss. It's your fault for joining an oriental bukake. If you still think Shugo is easy mode give him a try. Spam charge until you're out of stamina and get vortex'd to death in one combo. Every. Single. Time.

Honestly this game would be a million times better if they removed shogoki and valk from all modes that arent 1v1. - My quote.

I literally said in the one sentance you quoted--- from all modes that arent 1v1. And you have explained why they are perfectly fine in 1v1 and that I should have no say in 4v4/ 2v2 modes, which is what im exclusively talking about. You didnt read my post.

Im talking about fighting ANY 2 disablers (shogoki, valk, lawbringer) in 4v4 or 2v2 brawl. You cannot dodge 2 players double spamming their disabler moves non-stop. As soon as you dodge the first the second guy gets you before your first dodge animation is over. Same with GB, attack, parry, bash etc.. You cant fight it. They dont swing at you so you cant parry one off, they dont swing at you and fill your revenge either. Straight up broken, unpunishable, stunlock spam thats completely safe and bypasses the combat system of the game alltogether.

And your advice is:don't join matches with pro troll teams that all work in synch by picking one character and masterfully winning against the odds, only to blame the character for your loss. So basically, just quit to desktop. The problem is they arent "masterfully" winning at all. And they arent organised, skilled teams. The fact that 3 out of 12 heroes can 100% stun lock you into this cheese storm when theres 2 or more breaks these modes. And theres more and more shogokis and valks by the day.

Sure I concede it may be easy to dodge in a 1v1, and is probably perfectly balanced. But in 4v4 its broken. I would rather fight 8 PK's at the same time than ever come up against a disabler duo. It may be fine to dodge one shugoki or valk, but try invision two of these characters just smamming this one move non stop at you at different times. You cant fight it, or punish it, thats the problem.

Joseph_2017
04-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Mr Iosef here is a typical case of people who don't know to exploit an imba character, but running around and yelling "my (OP) character is not OP".

And your a typical case of a whiney kid. Getting slammed by a character then yelling OP! OP! There's always going to be exploits so get over it dood.

Wateverdude
04-15-2017, 11:00 AM
And your a typical case of a whiney kid. Getting slammed by a character then yelling OP! OP! There's always going to be exploits so get over it dood.

Get over it and admit your character is cheesy af and need a nerf.

TheLastPandaa
04-15-2017, 12:31 PM

Obviously you are a troll or a complete ignorant.

GamingBotanist
04-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I'm sure that their intention for Oni Charge isn't going to be a nerf but more of a rework. Shugoki is my favorite character. He's got a simple moveset but it takes a lot of practice and patience to make it work. I personally only ever use the Oni Charge as an opener at the beginning of a round or when I'm fighting turtleling opponents.

I'm very interested to see how they handle it because Oni Charge is all he has against heroes like Conqueror. Reason being, his play style is trading blows. If his opponent isn't throwing anything then he can't trade. The Oni Charge forces them to act or be whittled down till they die.

It definitely has a cheesy feel to it. I always feel dirty when I am forced to overuse it because it's obvious that the way it's being used right now in competitive was not intentional. Really though he needs his Oni Charge, otherwise he won't be able to hold his own in duels.