PDA

View Full Version : If you don't know how to brawl, don't queue for it

Barboron
04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
So often players just stop participating when you kill one or two opponents and then go for the 2v1 against the last opponent.

If you stop participating, you're an idiot.
You queue for brawl knowing it's a 2v2 and it has the risk of going 2v1. You should know that and your opponent should know that. If you want to 1v1 there's a queue just for you!

Even in the situation where I am 1 against 2, I don't mind. It's quite enjoyable to fend off 1 player while fighting another or mixing it up and switching targets to throw them off.

Perhaps there shouldn't be anymore orders for brawl since people don't quite understand the concept of team based fights.
Just because the game is called 'For Honor' doesn't mean jack **** and fighting 'with honor' is ******ed because it only spawned from the title. How many other games do people play like this? Would you see someone on Siege do it? Battlefield? CoD? Albeit not fight games they are still team based games and people are idiots if they are refusing to help their team.

Hillbill79
04-14-2017, 08:35 PM
My idea of a good brawl is to run to my team mate, wait for the guy I'm fighting to catch up, then fight 2 on 2. Targets can be switched, sometimes 2 on 1 happens, sometimes it doesn't, but the fight is on, 2v2.. not 1v1 then wait or gank if you beat your opponent.

We should spawn side by side, as a team, as in skirmish and dominion. With the opponents spawning side by side the same distance away as you do in brawl/duel modes.

Some maps do this, others don't.

Make all duel/brawl maps a square, or circle.... have some hazards around the edges...... bring that fight on.

If it was set up this way, I reckon it would be the best mode in the game.

tonycawley69
04-14-2017, 08:39 PM
What makes you think your way is the right way and their way is the wrong way?

Not being funny but it sounds like you want everyone to play their game in your own way, which isn't how the world works I'm afraid.

Barboron
04-14-2017, 08:48 PM
What makes you think your way is the right way and their way is the wrong way?

Not being funny but it sounds like you want everyone to play their game in your own way, which isn't how the world works I'm afraid.

This:

http://i.imgur.com/rwOywUW.png

'2v2' not '2x 1v1'

and:

'Team up with an ally' not 'sit back and watch an ally die'

Barboron
04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
My idea of a good brawl is to run to my team mate, wait for the guy I'm fighting to catch up, then fight 2 on 2. Targets can be switched, sometimes 2 on 1 happens, sometimes it doesn't, but the fight is on, 2v2.. not 1v1 then wait or gank if you beat your opponent.

We should spawn side by side, as a team, as in skirmish and dominion. With the opponents spawning side by side the same distance away as you do in brawl/duel modes.

Make all duel/brawl maps a square, or circle.... have some hazards around the edges...... bring that fight on.

yeah even two close quarters 2v2 are awesome, they need to remove revenge though since an enemy swinging in close proximity can build revenge.

Hillbill79
04-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Problem is the brawl set up. It starts you as 2 x 1v1's

Hillbill79
04-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I agree with that in a way, but at the same time, in 2v2, all revenge is created equally, and gives equal benefits.. :)

yeah even two close quarters 2v2 are awesome, they need to remove revenge though since an enemy swinging in close proximity can build revenge.

Operch
04-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Honestly I think it's better to sit back and not give your opponent Revenge. It's easy enough to jump in if your ally is going down, but why do it when it only gives the other guy an advantage?

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 09:21 PM
If you don't know that people will play games in their own way, don't play online games.

Like I tell everyone on here, TALK TO PEOPLE BEFORE THE MATCH.

Everyone likes to play the game in their own way, and to assume that your way is the only right one is stupid, selfish, and myopic. Talk to your teammate before the match started, let them know you play this as a pure 2v2. More often than not, your teammate will likely either play with you, or let you know ahead of time it isn't something they plan to do. Then you can always quit after that if you want to be stubborn about it.

I swear, as someone who defended the non-"honor" types back when this forum was all people whining about a lack of honor, I find it very disheartening how many people are now being just as arrogant and close-minded in the other direction.

Barboron
04-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Problem is the brawl set up. It starts you as 2 x 1v1's

Yeah but from there it can boil down to a 2v1 where people still refuse to participate

Honestly I think it's better to sit back and not give your opponent Revenge. It's easy enough to jump in if your ally is going down, but why do it when it only gives the other guy an advantage?

It can give the enemy an advantage...if timed incorrectly. All you need to do is wait for them to swing at your opponent or for your ally to GB so the enemy can't block/parry.

If you don't know that people will play games in their own way, don't play online games.

Like I tell everyone on here, TALK TO PEOPLE BEFORE THE MATCH.

Everyone likes to play the game in their own way, and to assume that your way is the only right one is stupid, selfish, and myopic. Talk to your teammate before the match started, let them know you play this as a pure 2v2. More often than not, your teammate will likely either play with you, or let you know ahead of time it isn't something they plan to do. Then you can always quit after that if you want to be stubborn about it.

I swear, as someone who defended the non-"honor" types back when this forum was all people whining about a lack of honor, I find it very disheartening how many people are now being just as arrogant and close-minded in the other direction.

So...go into a 2v2 and tell people I want to 2v2? Should I go into Dominion and tell people I want to play Dominion?

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 09:45 PM
So...go into a 2v2 and tell people I want to 2v2? Should I go into Dominion and tell people I want to play Dominion?

No, because 99% of people who go into Dominion play the mode the same way, as the mode kinda requires.

You know, however, that a significant amount of players don't gank in Brawl. You could just label all these people idiots who don't know how to play a game, or you could be a grownup, accept that people play the mode in different ways, and actually talk to people.

I mean, think about it. Going about it the way you are now certainly doesn't seem to be working and causing you to have a bad enough time that you feel the need to come to the forums to complain about it. Maybe you try a different approach?

CitizenPuddi
04-14-2017, 09:55 PM
No, because 99% of people who go into Dominion play the mode the same way, as the mode kinda requires.

You know, however, that a significant amount of players don't gank in Brawl. You could just label all these people idiots who don't know how to play a game, or you could be a grownup, accept that people play the mode in different ways, and actually talk to people.

I mean, think about it. Going about it the way you are now certainly doesn't seem to be working and causing you to have a bad enough time that you feel the need to come to the forums to complain about it. Maybe you try a different approach?

It's not his fault people go into brawl expecting two consecutive duels, instead of going to duel where they will 100% get what they want.

What's causing the bad times is that people who want duels, go to brawl for some reason.

It's hard to understand.

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 09:59 PM

I agree

pure_energist
04-14-2017, 10:01 PM
It's not his fault people go into brawl expecting two consecutive duels, instead of going to duel where they will 100% get what they want.

The problem is that Duel Maps are Inferior to Brawl and Brawl is more enticing as a 1 vs 1 game play because it has better map design and Twice the Fight opportunity. It also has the potential for achieving glorious victories with handicaps. Example: I have a hard won fight with only 1 bar of health left. Now I face another opponent that may be full health... IF I win that battle its a very rewarding win and entices me to want to enjoy more fights like it.

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 10:05 PM

What's causing the bad times is that people who want duels, go to brawl for some reason.

It's hard to understand.

Is it so challenging to understand that people look at things differently than you do. Like to see a dual 1v1 setup and assume the game should be played that way. Or by assuming that since they generally want to finish their fight, they can expect that others might too.

Is it so hard to understand that the meta dictates the way game modes are played more than anything else? The meta right now is pretty well split down the middle from what I can see (although when I play brawl it is mostly people who do not want to gank or to be helped if it comes to that, but that's anecdotal).

But let's make it even simpler than any of this. Let's just assume that you guys are correct that ganking should happen immediately upon it becoming a 2v1. Knowing that, and seeing people not cooperating with the way the game was "intended" to be played, you can either refuse to do anything to make your experience better, like taking some of the long load times to ask a quick question or even state your intent, or you can keep on getting upset when people don't magically play the way the game "should" be played. Which is better?

Feel free to answer, but i'm leaving work and the weekend is coming, and I don't bother with these forums when I don't need the distraction. In the end the only person who's game experience you're hurting is your own.

CitizenPuddi
04-14-2017, 10:06 PM
The problem is that Duel Maps are Inferior to Brawl and Brawl is more enticing as a 1 vs 1 game play because it has better map design and Twice the Fight opportunity. It also has the potential for achieving glorious victories with handicaps. Example: I have a hard won fight with only 1 bar of health left. Now I face another opponent that may be full health... IF I win that battle its a very rewarding win and entices me to want to enjoy more fights like it.

If you want better maps, become the squeaky wheel that gets the grease and flood the forums with posts about it until you've drummed up enough support. Pretty much the only way to get things done.

If you want an exhilarating fight where you beat all the odds, just let your duel opponent whang you around a bit before fighting back or whatever.

CitizenPuddi
04-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Let's just assume that you guys are correct that ganking should happen immediately upon it becoming a 2v1.

Now you're just putting words in people's mouths and setting up a strawman.

In the end the only person who's game experience you're hurting is your own.

Nah, pretty sure the guy that rages at me for helping him end the match sooner (as a team) is a bit more of a detriment to my good times.

CitizenPuddi
04-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Besides, I quit playing brawl a long time ago-- only for orders these days. Having a teammate that refuses to revive despite ample opportunity, gets mad when I guardbreak their opponent for them, intentionally attacks me when I'm in the middle of a fight because they're mad about the previous round, or that expects me to idly stand by in my own personal 0v1 match while they duel it out with the last enemy survivor just isn't my cup of tea.

This attitude of "i want two 1v1 duels at the same time its just as valid xD im gonna get mad if you no honor tho" has already ruined the gamemode for me.

Helnekromancer
04-15-2017, 03:14 AM
If they just put all 4 players in an arena instead of separate 1v1s then the game mode would feel more like a "BRAWL" and not some political debate on how to kill a guy. If I kill my guy I'm coming to kill you. What's the point of queuing up for Brawl when you don't want to brawl, like you cant fight 2 people at once when you have Revenge to back you up.

Cypher012007
05-28-2017, 04:58 AM
it sounds like some people brawl for a 2x 1v1 with a tournament style winners face off. while others want a moshpit brawl of 2v2 with close proximity. I have played multiple ways. I like brawl because I don't have time to grind my character into high reps for epic gear scores so in brawl is the alternative to elimination because I don't have to worry about gear score handicapping my right.

don't misunderstand, I like the gear scores and the customization. I play all the available game modes and people with high gear have worked for it and deserve to use it. however sometimes it's nice to get away from score and play more than a quick 1v1.

I play brawl according to the room. if the opposing team is ganking, I will return the favor. lol
if they are standing back for an honorable duel, I will also honor the code. both ways can be enjoyable. it does suck sometimes to do all the work in a fight and then your partner snakes the last hit. I still get credit for a takedown, but I lost the satisfaction of an execution.

It can also suck when you lose a fight while your partner watches, and then you watch him lose as well, knowing together, you might have won. but you gotta give props to the guy that killed 2 fighters, simultaneous or not.

playing with honor, or ganking your opponent in a 2v1, it's personal play style. it's only wrong to think that your way to play is the only way. the developers gave us the playground, we paid for it, we can play how we want.

don't like it, quit and go play elimination or team up with a friend who plays the same way you do.

don't expect developers to change game mechanics to force the entire gaming community into your way of playing. instead of ranting about people who don't play your style, come up with constructive ideas to help sort the brawl community into the two tiers.

I saw an idea of a 2v2 in a closed circle

that could be a new game mode

2v2 or 3v3 in an in closed ring of spikes, trenches, walls, or even hundreds of Vikings that shove you to the ground if you're thrown into them.

It could be called arena.

any, that's just my thoughts on the matter. adapt to the roo. or find another. there's more than one way to play the game.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 05:24 AM
it sounds like some people brawl for a 2x 1v1 with a tournament style winners face off. while others want a moshpit brawl of 2v2 with close proximity. I have played multiple ways. I like brawl because I don't have time to grind my character into high reps for epic gear scores so in brawl is the alternative to elimination because I don't have to worry about gear score handicapping my right.

don't misunderstand, I like the gear scores and the customization. I play all the available game modes and people with high gear have worked for it and deserve to use it. however sometimes it's nice to get away from score and play more than a quick 1v1.

I play brawl according to the room. if the opposing team is ganking, I will return the favor. lol
if they are standing back for an honorable duel, I will also honor the code. both ways can be enjoyable. it does suck sometimes to do all the work in a fight and then your partner snakes the last hit. I still get credit for a takedown, but I lost the satisfaction of an execution.

It can also suck when you lose a fight while your partner watches, and then you watch him lose as well, knowing together, you might have won. but you gotta give props to the guy that killed 2 fighters, simultaneous or not.

playing with honor, or ganking your opponent in a 2v1, it's personal play style. it's only wrong to think that your way to play is the only way. the developers gave us the playground, we paid for it, we can play how we want.

don't like it, quit and go play elimination or team up with a friend who plays the same way you do.

don't expect developers to change game mechanics to force the entire gaming community into your way of playing. instead of ranting about people who don't play your style, come up with constructive ideas to help sort the brawl community into the two tiers.

I saw an idea of a 2v2 in a closed circle

that could be a new game mode

2v2 or 3v3 in an in closed ring of spikes, trenches, walls, or even hundreds of Vikings that shove you to the ground if you're thrown into them.

It could be called arena.

any, that's just my thoughts on the matter. adapt to the roo. or find another. there's more than one way to play the game.

This dude gets it.

KilluminatiSH
05-28-2017, 05:45 AM
This dude gets it.

Bruh, am I the only one that likes being watched? xD

I COMPLETELY agree with Cypher, but there's one thing that wasn't mentioned. Probably because I'm a narcissistic *****, haha. But, regardless of what type of brawl I'm playing, I play it because I love to be watched by my team whether spectating dead or alive. It's so satisfying when I give a whoopass that makes you go 'Owwwww, damn' and then receiving my teammates praises:
'Wow!'
'Wow!'
'Wow!'

This is my main reason for playing brawl, LOL.

Antonioj26
05-28-2017, 06:01 AM
Bruh, am I the only one that likes being watched? xD

I COMPLETELY agree with Cypher, but there's one thing that wasn't mentioned. Probably because I'm a narcissistic *****, haha. But, regardless of what type of brawl I'm playing, I play it because I love to be watched by my team whether spectating dead or alive. It's so satisfying when I give a whoopass that makes you go 'Owwwww, damn' and then receiving my teammates praises:
'Wow!'
'Wow!'
'Wow!'

This is my main reason for playing brawl, LOL.

Lol but when we play together its always you watching me and me carrying you.

KilluminatiSH
05-28-2017, 06:04 AM
Lol but when we play together its always you watching me and me carrying you.

Bruhh...
Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

XxHunterHxX
05-28-2017, 07:24 AM
http://e.lvme.me/7s2dfdt.jpg

Knight_Gregor
05-28-2017, 03:57 PM
As Prophit said before. This is nothing a little communication wouldn't solve.

I normally won't jump in on brawl unless asked.