PDA

View Full Version : For Honor Warrior's Den

CandleInTheDark
04-14-2017, 06:39 PM
I read the state of For Honor yesterday and watched Warrior's Den. Main thing I took from the newsletter was revenge. Word of Dev is revenge was only ever to give breathing space to escape or if you are very good to kill one of a group, it was never meant to be activated every three seconds. Dev made the note that if you are 1vx you or your team messed up.

In the Den itself:

Next week
1.05 title update for consoles, what the PC people already have.

Two weeks
Connection stability and hero balancing for PC focussing on Shugoki charge of the oni, Warden vortex, buff for raider, peacekeeper light attack nerf. This is 1.06 title update.

Three weeks as above for console.

After the console patch hits, they want to bring back join in progress with the aim to have people joining before the match starts (I assume this means when you have bots lining up, they want to get people in before the game actually starts) and less join in progress during the match itself. They plan to bring this across all systems at the same time.

Devs are working on colour blind mode, it won't be in the next patch but they are working on it as quick as they can get it. They are trying to fix it for three types of colour blindness.

Lawbringer has a bug, they are working on the shove, the light attack should not be blockable but should be dodgeable, it gives the lawbringer a 50/50.

Warlord's headbutt not tracking the enemy is intended, it is a feature, not a bug.

Zone attack flicker is not intended, they are testing fixes on the code. It will not come that soon as it is a part of a bigger patch which they are also working on balancing the defensive meta.

They are fixing something they unintentionally broke on the berserker next patch, I couldn't hear what exactly over gameplay but they removed something they did not intend to.

Faction war reward will be different to round rewards but they are keeping it secret. It will not just be crates.

vgrimr_J
04-14-2017, 06:49 PM
they should seriously make faction war like who has captured the most zones wins at the end of the round. now just the last day counts

The_B0G_
04-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Since it seems the faction war is solely based on how big each player base is, I think each faction should get a good reward at the end of the season, obviously the winner would get a much bigger reward, but all should get some kind of good reward besides chests, which no one really needs at all.

If the rewards are cool looking armor or weapons that only first place gets, the knight faction will be spilling into Samurai and Viking.

Blasto95
04-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Since it seems the faction war is solely based on how big each player base is, I think each faction should get a good reward at the end of the season, obviously the winner would get a much bigger reward, but all should get some kind of good reward besides chests, which no one really needs at all.

If the rewards are cool looking armor or weapons that only first place gets, the knight faction will be spilling into Samurai and Viking.

Faction War is quite the opposite of how big each ones player base is...You really think after 4 rounds there are an equal number of knights to keep them very competitive in total war assets deployed? Less people you have, more valuable the war assets are. Vikings may have 10k people, but max out at 1k war assets. Knights could have 5k people and max out at 2k war assets each deployment.

Morpheus256
04-14-2017, 07:12 PM
So, after announcing that they will address Warden's vortex (slight nerf) they also mentioned that LB's light after shove is supposed to be unblockable... You either dodge after the shove or you take the hit... If he does a GB after shove and you dodged.. well, you get GB'd.

Is that how they want to deal with the defensive meta? They just create a char that can punish people for actually attacking by BLOCKING... LMAO

I know he's labelled as a "counter-attacker" but c'mon, a free 50/50 after blocking? Seriously?

The_B0G_
04-14-2017, 07:14 PM
If its equal and balanced then how have the knights lost every round so far while the others both won 2? It adjusts for player base but if there are hardly anyone playing for knights at certain times of the day due to it being the lowest player base faction, and Vikings and Samurai having people playing all the time because their base is so big, how isn't that an advantage?

Knight go up to about 25 territories after the player peak hours for the faction, then usually go down below 10 territories before they bounce back, hardly balanced, it happens consistently.

Lyskir
04-14-2017, 07:22 PM
didnt hear anything about pk light attack nerf mate only that warden and shugoki nerf and raider buff

Kitsune..
04-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Could anyone please explain me that "start flow" thingy?

didnt hear anything about pk light attack nerf mate only that warden and shugoki nerf and raider buff
Roman said "small ajustments".

Jobsalot
04-14-2017, 07:28 PM
No mention whatsoever about DLC content, which strongly points that it isn't coming out right at the end of the season (or a week earlier for season passers) but actually rather during the in between season downtime. So likely a full three to four weeks to go. I assume they will address stuff like this once the season is actually over.

Blasto95
04-14-2017, 07:39 PM
If its equal and balanced then how have the knights lost every round so far while the others both won 2? It adjusts for player base but if there are hardly anyone playing for knights at certain times of the day due to it being the lowest player base faction, and Vikings and Samurai having people playing all the time because their base is so big, how isn't that an advantage?

Knight go up to about 25 territories after the player peak hours for the faction, then usually go down below 10 territories before they bounce back, hardly balanced, it happens consistently.

Maybe you should look at the time those rounds ended...At the end of each round they post how many war assets were deployed throughout the war for each faction. The Knights, nor any faction, have been below 31%. As far as I know none of them dipped below 32%.

and every faction jumps up and down or are you completely oblivious except to the Knights? Every faction has been pushed back to their base more than once. And you even said it yourself, the Knights went up to 25 territories..take that time and make the round end there. Guarantee within that hour the Knights are winning or pushing heavily back every single time.

Round 1- Ended 6pm (Vikings won)
Round 2- Ended 6am (Samurai Won)
Round 3- Ended 6 am (Samurai won)
Round 4- Ended 6pm (Vikings won)

If you dont see a pattern there, youre blind.

The_B0G_
04-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Maybe you should look at the time those rounds ended...At the end of each round they post how many war assets were deployed throughout the war for each faction. The Knights, nor any faction, have been below 31%. As far as I know none of them dipped below 32%.

and every faction jumps up and down or are you completely oblivious except to the Knights? Every faction has been pushed back to their base more than once. And you even said it yourself, the Knights went up to 25 territories..take that time and make the round end there. Guarantee within that hour the Knights are winning or pushing heavily back every single time.

So basically the war faction assets are balanced, but the Devs can pick who will win by picking the time to end the round and have just not picked the Knights in 4 rounds. This is even worse than I thought. War faction effort means nothing then, the Dev team picks the winner.

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 08:24 PM

Ya thats BS...

Good job on the post OP. I like it.

CandleInTheDark
04-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Could anyone please explain me that "start flow" thingy?

That's the thing that sometimes annoys me about these streams, that they use terms without explaining them, I still don't know what MU from last week is outside it ranks people,

I also wish they wouldn't drop news about characters when during gameplay. I posted this when they went from this is what we are doing to we'll get people playing each other having taken notes through the patch talk, then out of nowhere they talk about what they are doing with the berserker next patch and despite going over it three times I couldn't catch quite what over weapons clashing.

cragar212
04-14-2017, 09:29 PM
That's the thing that sometimes annoys me about these streams, that they use terms without explaining them, I still don't know what MU from last week is outside it ranks people,

I also wish they wouldn't drop news about characters when during gameplay. I posted this when they went from this is what we are doing to we'll get people playing each other having taken notes through the patch talk, then out of nowhere they talk about what they are doing with the berserker next patch and despite going over it three times I couldn't catch quite what over weapons clashing.

I think the zerker stuff was just about them fixing something they broke last patch. I think on a downed exhausted opponent they could get two heavies or something crazy but they broke it and posted on reddit about fixing it.

CandleInTheDark
04-14-2017, 09:39 PM
I think the zerker stuff was just about them fixing something they broke last patch. I think on a downed exhausted opponent they could get two heavies or something crazy but they broke it and posted on reddit about fixing it.

Ah thanks,I don't main zerker and don't have the patch yet anyway so I pretty much caught we broke something and that was it without any other kind of reference lol.

UbiJurassic
04-15-2017, 12:43 AM
I read the state of For Honor yesterday and watched Warrior's Den. Main thing I took from the newsletter was revenge. Word of Dev is revenge was only ever to give breathing space to escape or if you are very good to kill one of a group, it was never meant to be activated every three seconds. Dev made the note that if you are 1vx you or your team messed up.

In the Den itself:

Next week
1.05 title update for consoles, what the PC people already have.

Two weeks
Connection stability and hero balancing for PC focussing on Shugoki charge of the oni, Warden vortex, buff for raider, peacekeeper light attack nerf. This is 1.06 title update.

Three weeks as above for console.

After the console patch hits, they want to bring back join in progress with the aim to have people joining before the match starts (I assume this means when you have bots lining up, they want to get people in before the game actually starts) and less join in progress during the match itself. They plan to bring this across all systems at the same time.

Devs are working on colour blind mode, it won't be in the next patch but they are working on it as quick as they can get it. They are trying to fix it for three types of colour blindness.

Lawbringer has a bug, they are working on the shove, the light attack should not be blockable but should be dodgeable, it gives the lawbringer a 50/50.

Warlord's headbutt not tracking the enemy is intended, it is a feature, not a bug.

Zone attack flicker is not intended, they are testing fixes on the code. It will not come that soon as it is a part of a bigger patch which they are also working on balancing the defensive meta.

They are fixing something they unintentionally broke on the berserker next patch, I couldn't hear what exactly over gameplay but they removed something they did not intend to.

Faction war reward will be different to round rewards but they are keeping it secret. It will not just be crates.

Thanks for compiling the newly announced patch information, CandleInTheDark!

CandleInTheDark
04-15-2017, 12:45 AM
Thanks for compiling the newly announced patch information, CandleInTheDark!

I take payment in non-sequential bills ;) Um, I mean you're welcome.