PDA

View Full Version : Weird New Sound

fi-bluedragon
01-24-2004, 06:48 AM
I have just installed the new patch and really like the new muffled more realistic sound but have noticed a weird thing happening which only occurs with extensions turned on. If I start in the cockpit the sound is constant, but if I view outside the plane and then return to the cockpit a secondary sound appears under the main one. This sound can only be described as a droning effect which constantly alters in pitch. I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be there from when I start in the cockpit or whether it is a bug. Has anyone else noticed this?

fi-bluedragon
01-24-2004, 06:48 AM
I have just installed the new patch and really like the new muffled more realistic sound but have noticed a weird thing happening which only occurs with extensions turned on. If I start in the cockpit the sound is constant, but if I view outside the plane and then return to the cockpit a secondary sound appears under the main one. This sound can only be described as a droning effect which constantly alters in pitch. I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be there from when I start in the cockpit or whether it is a bug. Has anyone else noticed this?

heywooood
01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
I have noticed - or at least I think I have - that when I switch views to enemy fly by - or other external view - then back to the cockpit, it seems that the last external engine noise is 'dragged' back into the cockpit as well. It seems to be there sort of underlying the normal 'in the cockpit' sound.
..of course, it could just be mental...I'll just try doubling my meds, see if THAT helps.