PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, UBISOFT, for ****ing up the 3 GB update of Assassins Creed 2 on Steam.

Aahzmanndius
04-14-2017, 03:30 PM
Setting the language of my game to native chinese, without option to set it to english ever again.

Making the game unplayable that way. What were you thinking, touching such an old game?

kingcepter
04-14-2017, 04:10 PM
what is that. after years i wanted to play ac2 again and then perfect when i wanted to start the game its got an update. now the game is in chinese!!!

xVxXPrinceXxVx
04-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Should I blame the Templars?

Or just you, Ubisoft?

gamertaboo
04-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Same issue here...

victorbonnet32
04-14-2017, 04:25 PM
exactly the same issue here. Please fix it.

idrumatix
04-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Same issue for me. Igot a chinese Client. Not possible to play

freespirit222me
04-14-2017, 04:29 PM
So ,,,
when we gonna get the fix?!

keng_jui
04-14-2017, 04:36 PM
same :mad::mad::mad::mad:

FireMann30000
04-14-2017, 04:40 PM
It seems they fixed the controller issue with it but the game is in CHINESE! :mad:

gamertaboo
04-14-2017, 04:41 PM
There's 8+ pages of people with this issue on Steam right now, it's not just seven of us.... literally anyone who downloaded that 3GB update today.

The weirdest thing is that there is no information anywhere on what the update was for? I mean if I remember correctly this game isn't even that large, so a 3GB update would be something fairly substantial...

Br0-N1Ck
04-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Same. What was supposed to be in that update anyway?

zoffix
04-14-2017, 04:46 PM
Was surprised to see a 3GB update for an old 6GB game. Glad I researched it while it was still downloading!

I paused the update in mid-progres, so I don't get the Chinese glitch... So, what do we do now, Ubisoft?

Phil1232017
04-14-2017, 04:57 PM
A 3 GB update for a 6 GB game is strage! Can't this be a Virus like a trojan horse?

cavveman
04-14-2017, 05:19 PM
Well, I just paused the update. I do not speak chinese or read it.
But since there are no option "DO NOT UPDATE" in steam you can only delay the update, not postponing it :/

xelander87
04-14-2017, 05:27 PM
I hope that someone from Ubisoft give us some answer. I don't mind waiting for a solution, but I don't tolerate silence.
Please respond Ubisoft.

weijohnjohn
04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
I may speak some Chinese, but not enough to be able to play a game that suddenly went from English to Chinese. You need to find a way to fix AC2.

YazX_
04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
EDIT: it doesn't work!

Hey guys,

Update is still downloading on my PC so i cannot test this, but try to change the language from registry as a workaround and let me know the results:

1. Start --> type run.
2. type regedit , press yes on the UAC prompt.
3. Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed II

4. find language key value on the right, double click on it and replace the text with:

English

6. navigate to this key (not sure if it is required):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed II\GameUpdate

5. find langauge key on the right and set it to:

us

6. press ok, close register and try to launch the game and see if the language changes.

P.S: 15 mins left for download and i can test it, so if the above didn't work, i will try to find another way and let you know.

reshyam
04-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Hy Guys,
Well come to forum site. We have "UBISOFT' best game.But we have no idia 'Thank you, UBISOFT, for ****ing up the 3 GB update of Assassins Creed 2 on Steam''
We have like this site UBI........................
Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xelander87
04-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Hey guys,

Update is still downloading on my PC so i cannot test this, but try to change the language from registry as a workaround and let me know the results:

1. Start --> type run.
2. type regedit , press yes on the UAC prompt.
3. Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed II

4. find language key value on the right, double click on it and replace the text with:

English

6. navigate to this key (not sure if it is required):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed II\GameUpdate

5. find langauge key on the right and set it to:

us

6. press ok, close register and try to launch the game and see if the language changes.

P.S: 15 mins left for download and i can test it, so if the above didn't work, i will try to find another way and let you know.
Nice try, but don't work...

YazX_
04-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Nice try, but don't work...

thanks for testing it out, give me 10 mins and i will try something and get back if i was able to change it.

EDIT: i believe that there is an error with the update, looks like a Chinese version was pushed for all versions, all languages in the menu are missing and even when you set it to english in registry, the game will revert back to chinese, its like hardcoded or something (i hope there is a workaround but i couldn't find any), i will report it and i hope we get a quick fix.

Uplay-NoID
04-14-2017, 06:05 PM
What does this patch do anyway? Please, dear god, don't tell me it's the crappy ps4/xbone remastered stuff... The remastered graphics look horrendous.

TaylorBlakeH
04-14-2017, 07:42 PM
I think they might have already tried to fix it - I'm now getting another update through Steam for 3.2 GB this time. My guess is that it's downloading all the original files again with the usual languages.

It would be nice if there were actually some improvements though.... Like texture improvements or at the very least, a solution to the damn mouse acceleration in this game.

Black_Widow9
04-14-2017, 09:53 PM
Thanks for reporting this everyone! It should be resolved now.

ImKai1998
04-14-2017, 10:40 PM
reinstall the game! ( game save NO LOST! )

gamertaboo
04-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Thanks for reporting this everyone! It should be resolved now.

So was this latest 3.2GB update an update with like remastered graphics and stuff, as well as a fix?

I'm just trying to understand why the update is so large. It is literally half the size of the game, and since I was lucky enough to download both today, I have downloaded two patches that together are larger than the game's install size. What is the patch, and why are there no patch notes anywhere to be found?

TrijntjeA
04-15-2017, 01:24 PM
So was this latest 3.2GB update an update with like remastered graphics and stuff, as well as a fix?

I'm just trying to understand why the update is so large. It is literally half the size of the game, and since I was lucky enough to download both today, I have downloaded two patches that together are larger than the game's install size. What is the patch, and why are there no patch notes anywhere to be found?

Yes, I think we'd all like to know what the updates actually contained or what, especially the first one, was supposed to do in the first place..