PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons For Honor is not "Dead"

e-sportsadv
04-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Hi ,

Even if I look a lot at new games I still grind this game due to the fact I just love the style and gameplay in general. Wherever I turn I do see all these "game dead" threads and comments. I don't see much value in them being spammed over and over so I want to give you my 3 reasons the game is not dead.

1. You can state what ever you want about gaming companies but as long as there are investments done in a game and updates coming in on regular basis the company has not given up on the game and the product is not final.

2. We know for a fact the there is a ranked mode coming to the game. Almost every "successful" competitive game today has some kind of ranking system built. Many did not have it at start and lost a lot of players in the beginning

3. There is alot of talk about balance. Since the "End game" is not clear yet meaning we have not seen spectator mode , ranked and other tournaments than 1v1 and 2v2 (community driven) , we don't what we will be the preferred mode in the end. I will still use world of warcraft as an example , you cannot balance a game for every scenario there is if its not a one scenario game e.g only 1v1. If you have add content along the way with new characters and abilities there will always be a "OP" class or skill in some mode.

If there are replies to this thread I am expecting A LOT of counters towards " the game is dead jus please just understand it " and that is fine. I don't believe it is but I am not stating a fact because I don't have fact I only believe and the future will show how it went. I do recommend that if you cant stand the game , take a break and check back in when you see new of content or improvements

www.esportsadvisor.se

Hammelsneid
04-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Well, I only got one reason, that matters for me and shows me, that the game isn't dead (no idea, why someone should believe that anyway):

I play every evening several hours on a daily basis, got fun like hell with a ton of random people, I seldom meet twice a day through matchmaking, and I just cannot believe that I am the only on who loves to play For Honor and asks hisself, why it doesn't get boring even after several hundret hours playtime. Period.

Well ok, these are more reasons, but they're all in one sentence ;P

e-sportsadv
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
A very good reason indeed =)!

Pope138
04-14-2017, 03:30 PM
A lot of times when someone is unhappy with something they try to make it sound as if everyone is unhappy for the same reasons in an attempt to add more weight to their criticisms. It's strange how they don't realize that overplaying their hand in such a way results in them not being taken seriously. I think most of us learned this as children.

SlashingElbow
04-14-2017, 03:33 PM
This game is dead to alot of people even if they dont want it. What the hell people supposed to do who cant connect? ALL SETTINGS ARE PERFECT XBOX IN DMZ ALL THE ROUTER BS GREEN OPEN NAT ETC. I really hope they fix the connection issues. Its a great game except from the idiotic connection problems they cant figure out between drinking cappucino an vaping at their office

JesterSyxe
04-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Hi ,

2. We know for a fact the there is a ranked mode coming to the game. Almost every "successful" competitive game today has some kind of ranking system built. Many did not have it at start and lost a lot of players in the beginning

www.esportsadvisor.se

The Problem is that the ranked Mode will be an absolut desaster because of the Connection issues. No Game that does really want to be competitive AND considered an Esport can survive without dedicated Servers on the long run.
Imagine some kind of Tournament where all the competitors get disconnected all the time or have massive lags. Then there is also the balancing issues, the terrible fighting System which is nothing but ridiculous. Just look at Shugoki and the stupid way he needs to be played to be succesful. Also take a look at the fact that the connection issues have been well known since beta, and Ubisoft did NOTHING AT ALL to solve the Problems. They only recently started to work on the Problem and to be honest I don't think that they will ever be able to fix this if they do not switch to dedicated Servers, which they are not going to do because they don't want to waste anymore money now that they know that the Game wont stand it's ground in Esports.

e-sportsadv
04-14-2017, 04:01 PM
@Jester Syxe.

Well hard to argue the connection issues. However I would point out that I have seen a couple of the community driven tournaments and connection has not been a real issue there. One could assume however that those entering the tournaments don't have these connection issues to being with so point might not stand valid , lets see how it moves forward.

As for the balance I will keep arguing that ubisoft is addressing issues and still working actively to fix broken mechanics. I also actually think the fightings systems is good and has a lot of more potential. Here it will come down to flavor it will not be for everyone

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 04:02 PM
While I do see familiar faces in subsequent matchmakings in a night, I don't see the same people every time. I am starting to recognize some of the more active players in my "skillgroup", but I only see them once in a while, and only remember them because of a particularly bad beating usually.
The game isn't bursting with activity, no, but it's far from dead. The PC playerbase is still thick and diverse enough for me to be playing different people all the time, never have to wait in MM for more than a minute on low activity modes, and most importantly, am still having fun.
If anything the game is a bit better for all the sourpusses that have declared it dead and left, it really seems like the majority of the poeple I run into these days are more optimistic, less caustic, and more interested in having a fun game than screaming insults at other players.

Certainly the playerbase took a hit from Ubi's sloppy launch and first month, but they've been steadily making good improvements to the game, and I trust in the direction they're heading. I fully expect that when the new characters are introduced and all the "leaving, but will check back" crowd comes back to check them out (and the game in general), many of them will stick around as well.

TL;DR: The game isn't the healthiest of any PvP community, but calling it dead is pretty obviously wrong.

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Usually those threads are created by pissed off people that are ranting and need someone to agree with them for comfort. Honestly if your taking that much time to type all that trying to convince people that the game is dying. Do us all a favor and stop the creation of that thread, uninstall the game and practice what your trying to preach.

I agree this game will not die anytime soon.

Ace225e
04-14-2017, 04:33 PM
This game is dead and was weeks ago. Every single person i have on my fr who had the game now does not play it i do not see for honor and they all have the same opinion. Connection drops. Dont care how good a game is if ur all kicked out or 2 of u nearly every other game. Theres no defence. Games gone.

e-sportsadv
04-14-2017, 04:37 PM
This game is dead and was weeks ago. Every single person i have on my fr who had the game now does not play it i do not see for honor and they all have the same opinion. Connection drops. Dont care how good a game is if ur all kicked out or 2 of u nearly every other game. Theres no defence. Games gone.

If there are replies to this thread I am expecting A LOT of counters towards " the game is dead jus please just understand it " and that is fine. I don't believe it is but I am not stating a fact because I don't have fact I only believe and the future will show how it went. I do recommend that if you cant stand the game , take a break and check back in when you see new of content or improvements

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 04:39 PM

Well as long as anecdotal evidence is all we need. Everyone on my friend list still plays the game just about daily. I don't know a single person who has quit the game, though some have taken short breaks and come back to check out updates on other games.

Thus, since everyone on my friends list is still playing, that means the game is thriving, right?

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 04:44 PM

My friends quit therefore the game is dead. lol......... I guess to you every game you and your friends stop playing is dead.

Ace225e
04-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Excuse me i could get the stat numbers of the game which show it is indeed finished.It was just on sale on xbox this soon I do not need to tell you hopefully why that is a sure sign.

I prefer my experience in seeing previous games that had a flaw so bad that the game has no chance to succeed and the fact that suddenly noone i played with before release or added through playing for honor is now playing. Its the only information a rational person can go on besides stats.

Theres a small cluster of diehards who will state its not dead and continue but you will always have a bias view as you will play regularly with people who want the game to succeed. I just loaded it up brawl took 4 mins to get in a game i got 2 hits in then disconnected. Went dominion another 4-5 mins to get in a game. First second everyone is booted out and im back at the menu. Defend it. What can you actually say.

DovaahisPGM
04-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Not dead heh...

I don't know for you but i'm on PC and we can fight the same guys like 6 times in a row...

https://puu.sh/vk7V3/19d5352a63.png

Inb4 "it's only steam blablabla i'm a white knight"

Prophit618
04-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Not dead heh...

I don't know for you but i'm on PC and we can fight the same guys like 6 times in a row...

Inb4 "it's only steam blablabla i'm a white knight"

I'm on PC, and I only fight the same people when we all do the same quit and requeue right away. If i count to 10 before requeueing, I get a wholly different group every time.

Yes, the player-base is not huge. It isn't dead either though. Every night I play lots of people I haven't met before.

Why is it so important to some people that we call an obviously not dead game dead?

e-sportsadv
04-14-2017, 06:42 PM
The point I was trying to make with the post was that no matter if the number is 4k online or 15k online there are more break points coming before people need to push out these "gamded" posts. You can argue the points but I still believe they are valid.

We have some facts but we have a lot more opinions =)

teksuo1
04-14-2017, 07:19 PM
it's not dead ; it's just got a small playerbase (PC).

-i end up playing with streamers without trying all the time.
-when i play without my little brother (to get a break) i still often end up in the same game as him.
-i see the same players a LOT everyday when going on long sessions.

It's far from dead, but it sure lacks a decent population (mentioned things would almost never happen if the playerbase was anything close to big.)

RatedChaotic
04-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Excuse me i could get the stat numbers of the game which show it is indeed finished.It was just on sale on xbox this soon I do not need to tell you hopefully why that is a sure sign.

I prefer my experience in seeing previous games that had a flaw so bad that the game has no chance to succeed and the fact that suddenly noone i played with before release or added through playing for honor is now playing. Its the only information a rational person can go on besides stats.

Theres a small cluster of diehards who will state its not dead and continue but you will always have a bias view as you will play regularly with people who want the game to succeed. I just loaded it up brawl took 4 mins to get in a game i got 2 hits in then disconnected. Went dominion another 4-5 mins to get in a game. First second everyone is booted out and im back at the menu. Defend it. What can you actually say.

So let me get this straight. When a game goes on sell its dead? Have you seen all the games in that spring sale? So to you all those games are dead huh? WoW and your calling us bias?

tonycawley69
04-14-2017, 08:44 PM
I think most players now are just seeing the season out then selling it on. I know that's the case with me and the 3 friends i play online with. I'll have the platinum trophy when season 2 starts (as long as it isn't glitched like some of the others) so that'll be me done with the game.

I really enjoyed it for a while but it's just too repetitive to hold my interest any longer.

SuperJoule
04-14-2017, 11:07 PM
http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#1m

yeah...

We_Wuz_Kongz
04-14-2017, 11:56 PM
A lot of times when someone is unhappy with something they try to make it sound as if everyone is unhappy for the same reasons in an attempt to add more weight to their criticisms. It's strange how they don't realize that overplaying their hand in such a way results in them not being taken seriously. I think most of us learned this as children.

Underrated comment is underrated.

Joseph_2017
04-15-2017, 01:23 AM

Yea, I agree. Those people claim it's "dead" or will be yet they are still here talking about the game. 😂