PDA

View Full Version : People of the For Honor community.

THE_MAD_KlNG
04-14-2017, 02:31 AM
I don't go on the forums alot but when I do all I see it's people telling Ubisoft how they think for honor to be a better game. This is all fine but they go about it in a condescending and rude tone and sometimes just overall whining and crying. Theyou are telling Ubisoft how the game should be, and how they should go about doing it. like you're some sort of development God that knows all. But tough s*** you're not. you are for the most part person playing a video game. I know some of your only doing it so you can hopefully make the game better in the future. But the only thing you were doing is disconnecting the Developers from the game and the community. I bet you've heard the old saying "you catch more flies with sugar than Salt" Nobody wants to hear how bad they did or what they did wrong. Especially on something that might have taken years to make. They tried tried really hard and it might not have come out the perfect way. But I have faith in Ubisoft to make this game good it might take some time but what else are we going to do we're gamers. If you really like this game then you should try to be more positive toward the Developers. i first played Siege and I thought to myself this game should be so much better than what it is right now. Low and behold it has become such a great game it's in year 2 and it's still going strong. So people of the for Honor community please stop hating on the Developers and the game for not being what you want right now hopefully will get fixed in the future and if it doesn't then Ubisoft wasted a good idea of a game. But this is the first game of its kind that I can recall and I think they did a pretty good job with it.

Varakharne
04-14-2017, 02:53 AM
Oh god, another SJW ... . Literally OP, no one cares UBI are adults they will be ok I am quite sure. Sucking up to them doenst improve anything one bit. As consumers we have the right to address things as we see fit. If it isnt death threats there is nothing make a thread about, IE the behavior of other people. man up, learn how to take the negative with the positive and stop trying to be a white knight, its pathetic and sad and makes you look weak,

People are mad and passionate at the same time and considering how these AAA keep making the same mistakes being nice and sweet isnt going to get their attention. You remind me of the people who expect participation awards, negative criticism is still criticism and criticism improves things not sitting on our hands praising the hard work which btw , everyone here did when we paid them $65 so please spare us of the "hurt feelings" diatribe, k thanks thank you very much!

Bob__Gnarly
04-14-2017, 03:45 AM
I generally support good devs that try to do the right thing by their community, Ubi is not one of them. Personally I'm tired of devs releasing games before they're ready, even today, 2 months after launch, For Honor is still in a beta state and that's unacceptable. We're not beta testers, we paid top dollar for their product. Some people are happy to let that slide, because the core game is decent, but it has flaws, many many flaws. Too many to go into here. The game has received copious amounts of negativity, be it here on the forums or in reviews left from disgruntled customers, personally I'm glad. Sucking up to them is not the way to get change. But who are we kidding, Ubi will never change, hopefully a few more people wise up to that fact after this let down.

darkspawn2101
04-14-2017, 04:49 AM
Fact: Ubi is not absolved from criticism.

Fact. I can criticize how Ubi set up the game.

And I'm going to. Numerous class balance issues that simply were not given enough thought and only criticism is going to help them improve.

FledgeSRondo
04-14-2017, 04:53 AM
Oh god, another SJW ... . Literally OP, no one cares UBI are adults they will be ok I am quite sure. Sucking up to them doenst improve anything one bit. As consumers we have the right to address things as we see fit. If it isnt death threats there is nothing make a thread about, IE the behavior of other people. man up, learn how to take the negative with the positive and stop trying to be a white knight, its pathetic and sad and makes you look weak,

People are mad and passionate at the same time and considering how these AAA keep making the same mistakes being nice and sweet isnt going to get their attention. You remind me of the people who expect participation awards, negative criticism is still criticism and criticism improves things not sitting on our hands praising the hard work which btw , everyone here did when we paid them $65 so please spare us of the "hurt feelings" diatribe, k thanks thank you very much!

I think all the entitled whining and moaning looks way more pathetic, weak and childish than somebody who can confront a horde of bitter, nasty forum dwellers and openly call for folks to actually pause to appreciate the good in something. For Honor is a great game, flawed with room for improvement, but really great. I personally love it and play it every day, have over 10 days worth of playtime sunk into it and got my money's worth and then some. TBH most of the folks here are just really over-emotional, impatient crybabies, I would say the community is toxic but guess what? This ain't no community. I've been to communities, people support each other, give constructive criticism and have a good time, not this constant stream of petulant gimme-gimme-gimme nastiness. I'm more likely to quit this forum of bratty whiners than I am to quit this exceptionally fun game.

And TBH, calling on strawmen like "SJW", "participation rewards", blah blah, sounds a lot like projecting from a deeper insecurity you're dragging into this, like you're tackling phantoms of your own fears rather than talking to the person in front of you.

kweassa1917
04-14-2017, 05:00 AM
Hey, in truth I like SJWs...:D But frankly speaking, the FH Forums are completely normal.

Toxicity, saltiness, clash of egos, and battle of the epeens (or maybe evags for the other genders) are basically what makes up a completely normal PvP forum/community. Compared to some others I've been in in the past 21 years of gaming experience, FH community is actually pretty mild and good-tempered in general.

You should have seen what it was like in the early days when there wasn't any concept of "forum moderation" or "regulating bad behavior." :D

bmason1000
04-14-2017, 05:26 AM
Hey, in truth I like SJWs...:D But frankly speaking, the FH Forums are completely normal.

Toxicity, saltiness, clash of egos, and battle of the epeens (or maybe evags for the other genders) are basically what makes up a completely normal PvP forum/community. Compared to some others I've been in in the past 21 years of gaming experience, FH community is actually pretty mild and good-tempered in general.

You should have seen what it was like in the early days when there wasn't any concept of "forum moderation" or "regulating bad behavior." :D
For real. That's why that s*** exists now. The dark ages of the internet were a f***** up time haha

FledgeSRondo
04-14-2017, 07:02 AM

Yeesh, if all the miserable, infantile negativity dominating these boards is normal, mild and good-tempered by PvP forum standards then I can't imagine what kind of horrors you've borne witness to in your time, not sure I'd even want to ask. LOL

SerArthur-Dayne
04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
Hey im an SJW, and im extremely offended!! The problem is this forum is full of racists. Racist white male scum, I dont know, but I just have a feeling, and feelings are facts, but better....

Joking aside, I think the devs, modellers and ESPECIALLY the animators should be proud, I mean youd be hard pushed to find a single negative review that actually bashes the combat or game. Most are bashing the connection, P2P, IAP's and trickle of content, and to an extent, hero balance (but we all know that will eventually get ironed out). But I think people have a right to be pissed here tbh... Frankly its a lot of money people spend on a game + season pass+ some IAP currency, only to have it not work months into a release. I spent $230 aud, another $330 to get a new modem and router to try get my NAT green (newsflash, it didnt work im gutted fml, 40 minute wait times) thats still not pocket change by any metric.

Hell, if one of the devs went out and say, bought a fridge for that amount of money.... and took it home and it didnt work. Then found out it needs to be set up and configured, whereas other fridges for cheaper, plug into the wall and just work. Then after spending 10 hours trying to configure it to work, but alas, it dosent... Then rings support who ignores him for weeks. Then after getting onto support, they run you through all of the stuff you have already done in your free time, and then tell you they cant help you anymore. You want to return it now but cant, after all youve owned it for 10 hours now! The fridge mechanic is the last hope, but they said theyll get him to come out, but its been months now. Your fridge + extended warranty you paid extra for, also came with a free 30 day superboost to cooling, so you could enjoy extra cool beers in the summer ( my analogy is falling apart here!). But because its broken you cant use it and its now gone.
The company has not even offered to replace this when they fix your fridge, let alone offer some extra bonuses for your patience. Also this extra warranty came with some special fridge magnets colors that others dont have, they broke why you stuck them to the fridge and dont work anymore. Also you may have paid for the fridge, but you notice the bottom vegetable drawer is suspiciously locked. Upon ringing the manufacturer again, they said they can unlock the drawer for $80, if you would like all the racks and drawers unlocked, itl cost roughly $750 more, or if you just want to wait, they will just unlock by themselves in 927 days. I think at this stage the Devs would be pissed, as would anyone.

People can only vote with their wallets, and considering gamers couldnt organise a root in a brothel, taking to the forums is the only other option! Where the forum moderators are the ones that recieve the salt from a thousand mines!

But yeah, I think we need more positive threads, but I reckon once people can actually play the game without disconnects, youll see the forum change tune pretty quick. I want to see this game succeed too, as do most here im sure.