PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke Ubisoft...

lDelicious
04-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Can one of you developers explain to me how one character is allowed a 25/25/25/25 vortex AS WELL as being the EASIEST character in the game AS WELL as being one of the most, if not THE most effective characters to play? Can you not see how much of a joke this game has become?

You have people abusing "tech", four characters being SUBSTANTIALLY more effective than the rest of the cast, constant connection issues, overpriced loot boxes, new bugs being introduced in every patch...I mean...what are you guys smoking? What in the actual f*** are you guys smoking Ubisoft?

You need to understand something; you don't have many other opportunities to gain players for your current / future games. There are plenty of FPS around, enough open world bore fests, enough survival games and more than enough fighting games yet this is your best effort? Really? What else can you release that is going to convince people to spend money on your games when you can't even balance your games properly, let alone maintain them *facepalm*

How long will the game remain in this state? Do I really have to wait half a year for you to get your act together? Not good enough...

FroZZenT
04-13-2017, 10:54 PM
this is the way ubisoft is doing buiness now and it is a joke, we payed for a game to be beta tester for then, so they can save money on making the game. so for now on i will never preorder for a gmae or buy it on release day. they did it with the division and now with for honor, this way of doing buiness is a joke.

but hey now i know how ubisoft is testing there games so i will never buy a game from ubisoft no matter how good it is, so this is the last time you see my money ubisoft.

and i ****ing hope more ppl are doing the same.

tbtsrjc
04-13-2017, 11:08 PM
They fooled us all. It's time to accept that a little if anything will be improved. It was a great concept that was poorly executed to generate the most amount of money while putting forth the minimum amount of effort and resources. Truly unfortunate considering how much potential this game had.

I uninstalled the game two days ago and decided to pick up Witcher 3 again. I completed my third play through and all I have left to complete are the expansions. After completing the main game with the ending I wanted, I'm left feeling great. It's been a long time since a video game made me feel this way. For Honor left me aggravated on most days due to its technical flaws, and I won't miss the community of children or the morons with their swatzikas.

I recommend that everyone pick up a solid made game and go nuts. It'll remind you how a great game should make you feel and the standards that the top tier developers should put forth for their consumers. CD Projekt Red are a fine example of what a smaller and less funded team can accomplish when they're driven by their passion (making great games that are rewarding to play).

Bob__Gnarly
04-14-2017, 12:31 AM
They fooled us all. It's time to accept that a little if anything will be improved. It was a great concept that was poorly executed to generate the most amount of money while putting forth the minimum amount of effort and resources. Truly unfortunate considering how much potential this game had.

I uninstalled the game two days ago and decided to pick up Witcher 3 again. I completed my third play through and all I have left to complete are the expansions. After completing the main game with the ending I wanted, I'm left feeling great. It's been a long time since a video game made me feel this way. For Honor left me aggravated on most days due to its technical flaws, and I won't miss the community of children or the morons with their swatzikas.

I recommend that everyone pick up a solid made game and go nuts. It'll remind you how a great game should make you feel and the standards that the top tier developers should put forth for their consumers. CD Projekt Red are a fine example of what a smaller and less funded team can accomplish when they're driven by their passion (making great games that are rewarding to play).

That's a good suggestion, I was actually thinking of playing a classic like Warband this weekend.

tbtsrjc
04-14-2017, 01:02 AM
That's a good suggestion, I was actually thinking of playing a classic like Warband this weekend.
I purchased that title on my PS4 but never got around to playing it beyond its surface. Thank you for reminding me that I have it in my library.

Oupyz
04-14-2017, 01:48 AM
i still don't know how ubisoft is leaving warden/shugoki as they are

this is really very hard for me to believe

it's abvious to everybody their game mechanic is broken

its behind me how they are not fixed in the 1.05 patch

Bob__Gnarly
04-14-2017, 01:57 AM
I purchased that title on my PS4 but never got around to playing it beyond its surface. Thank you for reminding me that I have it in my library.

Heh no worries. I'd actually recommend the PC version as it has some awesome mods that make it even better. The native game is decent too and worth a play if you haven't played much.

i still don't know how ubisoft is leaving warden/shugoki as they are

this is really very hard for me to believe

it's abvious to everybody their game mechanic is broken

its behind me how they are not fixed in the 1.05 patch

It's not obvious to everyone, I think warden is fine.

Shugoki however will no doubt get his oni charge nerfed which will bring him down to a normal level.

Mid_Evil
04-14-2017, 02:07 AM
I haven't touched this game since probably 3 weeks after launch. Came to the forums hoping to see a more pleased playerbase, pick up playing again if ubisoft pulled their crap together but this does not seem to be the case. Beta's were fun. But not worth the $80 spent on this. The game REALLY could have been great. The potential is there. And it's not like there are many games out there like this one unless you count FPS. Real shame.

UrWaifuAintReal
04-14-2017, 02:24 AM

Funny how you mentioned the Witcher 3 because if TW3 was a multiplayer game it'd be a hilariously broken and imbalance far more than For Honor.

Love CDPR and have played all of their games but CDPR can't balance to save their lives.

As for Warden, the vortex is completely counterable at high level play is why Warden's not won a single 1 v 1 tournament since launch. They do need to fix Shugoki's oni cheese thought and increase shoulder's bash stamina cost.

tbtsrjc
04-14-2017, 05:04 AM
Funny how you mentioned the Witcher 3 because if TW3 was a multiplayer game it'd be a hilariously broken and imbalance far more than For Honor.

The point I was trying to make was about the product. You are correct, the games are from two completely different genres. My gripe is that you have the bigger companies that have all the money and resources to make a great game and they always seemingly fall short while gouging the consumer to sell it.

Then you have smaller companies that are limited but are able to produce a work of art, which is rare nowadays. I had no idea what I was getting into by purchasing TW3, and to this day the level of detail that went into making that game still blows my mind. I thought I knew what I was getting by preordering For Honor Gold Edition. Ubisoft surprised me but in all the wrong ways.

I truly hope Ubisoft can somehow pull a Hail Mary out of this, for all of us that purchased the game, but I'm far from optimistic.

Haplo_Bane
04-14-2017, 06:08 AM
Agree with tbtsrjc. ubiSOFT have somehow found a way to take fun and enjoyment OUT of a game.I started playing the Batman Arkham Trilogy.It was just good to have fun on a game that's made with passion and talent.It restores you're faith in the gaming industry. ubiSOFT just gives me the impression that they know they're being squeezed out and are just trying to grab as money as they can before it's inevitable collapse.Modern day con artists.

UrWaifuAintReal
04-14-2017, 07:06 AM
The point I was trying to make was about the product. You are correct, the games are from two completely different genres. My gripe is that you have the bigger companies that have all the money and resources to make a great game and they always seemingly fall short while gouging the consumer to sell it.

Then you have smaller companies that are limited but are able to produce a work of art, which is rare nowadays. I had no idea what I was getting into by purchasing TW3, and to this day the level of detail that went into making that game still blows my mind. I thought I knew what I was getting by preordering For Honor Gold Edition. Ubisoft surprised me but in all the wrong ways.

I truly hope Ubisoft can somehow pull a Hail Mary out of this, for all of us that purchased the game, but I'm far from optimistic.

TBH, not to defend Ubisoft here but all CDPR's project games, if you take the story out of their games the core gameplay mechanics are very lack lustre, I'd not say so with R6 Siege or For Honor (despite FH's being very broken in it's current state)

It's easy to see the flaws of the gameplay but not the flaws of the story. Even TW3's story is also very disappointing if you look at it objectively.

MixedRawMeat
04-14-2017, 07:27 AM
Bla bla bla "self-entitled BS" Bla bla bla

solho
04-14-2017, 08:24 AM
There is no longer cause to be angry, for honor is like this and will not change much, unfortunately ubisoft is a mediocre company only hope that another company with more ambition create something similar. More that first season, i would call it a third of beta.

tbtsrjc
04-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Bla bla bla "self-entitled BS" Bla bla bla
It's not self entitled if you spent money on a game that doesn't work or perform well, unless of course Mommy and Daddy paid for your copy, then it would be. Consumers have the right to express their displeasure towards thieving companies, because if they don't then this will become the norm for gaming.

Herbstlicht
04-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Aye, Ubi, get moving, fix those glaring issues. I mean, hell, you can always readjust when you have removed the defensive meta. But for now, some stuff doesn't just work out. And the more time people spend bearing this bs, the less likely they will quit. Needn't tell what low pop for a game like this means.

DrExtrem
04-14-2017, 05:47 PM
You know what a bad joke is?

Leveling alts.

Oh yeah I forgot ... we are only meant to level on it to heroes. My bad ... btw ... can I have the money for the season pass back? Because I am not meant to level the dlc heroes either.

BananaBlighter
04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
TBH, not to defend Ubisoft here but all CDPR's project games, if you take the story out of their games the core gameplay mechanics are very lack lustre, I'd not say so with R6 Siege or For Honor (despite FH's being very broken in it's current state)

It's easy to see the flaws of the gameplay but not the flaws of the story. Even TW3's story is also very disappointing if you look at it objectively.

Honestly this is a trend you see all the time. The highly praised game are often made by small developers (Witcher 3, Last of Us, Uncharted 4), with the strong points of these games being story and the general execution. But if you look at the actual concept and the idea behind each game, none of them are very special, using themes that are very overdone in media. Witcher is medieval fantasy, Last of Us is zombies, and Uncharted is stereotypical adventure/treasure-hunting. Nothing about these games is unique, but they're all just so well made.

Ubisoft on the other hand tend to have very unique concepts like For Honor, R6S, and Assassin's Creed. Yet they always fall short because they can never fulfill the massive potential that the core ideas behind these games have. I love AC. Yeah the actual execution is often pretty poor compared to other AAA titles, but I will always pre-order every AC game, because what keeps me playing them isn't the quality and polish of the game's mechanics and story, but rather the actual concept of it. It's the mix of parkour, stealth and melee combat in a historical open world, given context by the story of two warring factions with contradicting but though-provoking ideologies that really makes these games dear to my heart.

I'm really not surprised with the state For Honor is in. The connection is hell, the balance isn't perfect, and there are other issues outside of gameplay that still need fixing. But when I pre-ordered this game, I didn't care how buggy or unbalanced it was, because I was buying it for the central concept - the 'Art of Battle' system. What attracted me to this game was the unique take on melee combat, not it's servers.

When I buy games I care little about the reviews, it's the core idea behind the game that matters to me most. I don't like Witcher 3 or Uncharted at all, but Last of Us was a pleasure to play. The main reason for this difference is that TLOU is a stealth game, and the other two are not - they have nothing at their core which interests me.

So yeah, Ubi ain't perfect, and I often wish they really put as much care into their products as CDPR or Naughty Dog, but I'm happy that they're so good at coming up with really interesting and unique ideas for games.

tbtsrjc
04-14-2017, 09:45 PM
The last solid game I played made by Ubisoft was AC: Black Flag. That was a solid open world experience that was unique all on its own. I played it on the Xbox 360 and purchased it again for the PS4. It was worth buying twice for me.

The trend I'm seeing on console gaming is that the games are reminding me of the ones you buy or play on your cell phone. You get a crappy barebones game and are encouraged to use micro transactions to enhance your gaming experience. But the case here is you're already paying top dollar for a barebones game, and the micro transactions are thrown in your face for the most part. Who wouldn't want to earn more XP and loot per match?

Champion status should only count during the time you spend playing. I think it's BS move on Ubisoft's part to let your time run out if you're not glued to the game, but then again it wouldn't be profitable for them to allow that. There should be a balance to this and I see none.