PDA

View Full Version : To Gank or not to Gank? That is the question,,,

Supercool5150
04-13-2017, 08:22 PM
OK here's the situation.... I'm playing Dominion and our team immediately loses C as I take A with a team mate. I leave A heading for B and B is already in their control. They have 2 heroes there and a third coming from C. We have 2 heroes at B also and I'm coming from A leaving my team mate to cover A. The other teams heroes at B already taking control as my 2 team mates at B already dead or close to it. All of a sudden the A base we have goes white indicating their 4th team mate went straight for A. I decide to not even hassle with B (lost cause by now) and head back to A to make sure we hold it.

I arrive at A to see my team mate and one of the opposing team circling each other. Both have 1 bar of health left and no stamina. Here's my dilemma...I know it's been a good fight between the two and I really don't want to jump in...However, I'm looking at the score as they are in the 300's climbing to 400 while we are under 100. After what seemed like forever watching the two exchange blocks and parries I jump in and gank their team and take A. Was I wrong in doing this? We had to get the base but I know I stole the satisfaction from my team mate of winning or losing a close fight.

Let me know your opinions people. There is no right or wrong answer here. (I think) I did feel bad for doing it. We did win the match though.

thornh
04-13-2017, 08:24 PM
I would have gone and taken C while no one was home.

To answer your question better I would have left them to finish the duel. If your teammate wins all is good. If he loses interrupt any execution attempt and finish off the opponent. Then you get A and can revive him. The biggest problem with ganking is the revenge factor. Unfortunately I'm on console and don't know what the new revenge mode is like. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as it used to be. Obviously this strategy depends on the overall score at the moment too. If it is late in the game and you guys are about to be broken then I would gank and make sure you get the zone as soon as possible.

Supercool5150
04-13-2017, 08:26 PM

Thought about that...But I figured I couldn't get past the three guys waiting in between.( Playing Citadel Gate)

teksuo1
04-13-2017, 08:27 PM
damned if you do ; damned if you don't.

do what feels right on the moment and ignore the following salt if need be.
No ragrets

Blasto95
04-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Dominon is 4v4. or 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 2v3, 2v4 etc etc.

you were right. Its a team mode. Even in brawls, there should not be this honorable 1v1 fights going on. If they make a ranked mode, all of that will stop.

Its kill or be killed.

Weird_Eagle
04-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Hey man, that's war you know?
Never let a comrade die!
You do nothing and he dies, what you wanna tell his wife after the fight?
I looked at him, bleeding and tired from the fight, but I did nothing to save his life.
She will spot into your face!
NEVER LET A COMRADE DIE!

Supercool5150
04-13-2017, 08:36 PM

To answer your question better I would have left them to finish the duel. If your teammate wins all is good. If he loses interrupt any execution attempt and finish off the opponent. Then you get A and can revive him. The biggest problem with ganking is the revenge factor. Unfortunately I'm on console and don't know what the new revenge mode is like. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as it used to be. Obviously this strategy depends on the overall score at the moment too. If it is late in the game and you guys are about to be broken then I would gank and make sure you get the zone as soon as possible.

Thought about that too, but they are gaining a bigger lead with 2 bases to our 0 while I wait. Now I will say I've been in this situation being the guy fighting while my team watches. I hit the beacon light to signal they can jump in and they usually do or I roll out of the fight to show "I'm out take over". But I didn't get a signal...Did I mention I felt bad? LOL

Supercool5150
04-13-2017, 08:39 PM
Hey man, that's war you know?
Never let a comrade die!
You do nothing and he dies, what you wanna tell his wife after the fight?
I looked at him, bleeding and tired from the fight, but I did nothing to save his life.
She will spot into your face!
NEVER LET A COMRADE DIE!

That's what I'm saying...But with all of the discussions about HONOR I was conflicted. Made a judgement call

secrecy274
04-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Taking the Objective should be your highest priority when playing Dominion. Kills are not important until the breaking starts. If I'm fighting an opponent but two of my teammates want to steal the... *ahem I mean "help", I usually disengage and go for an Objective instead. Hate fighting with a group because Revenge and most people just blindly flail at the enemy, with no care for teammates within the risk zone.

But, if you can help him end the fight quickly, you should do so. Every player that's dead is not capturing or guarding an objective, that holds true for both you and the enemy team.

thornh
04-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Don't feel bad. It's WAR!

It's all strategy. If I'm a Conqueror, Lawbringer or Warlord I'll park myself in A (or C) and dare anyone to move me out. If I'm a different character I'll be in B and harass C (or A). Remember you don't necessarily have to win the other zone. Just going in and turning it white for a few seconds stops their score.

You did nothing wrong. Despite my first post I have certainly done the same thing. I'll wait and watch and then the clock in your head starts ticking. "Okay, this has gone on long enough, I have to do something". It's not like the time when my killing blow was about to land on the guy I had been dueling (in Dominion) and one of my teammates came charging out of nowhere and knocked the guy out of my range. The guy I was fighting wound up getting revenge and managed to kill both of us. That sucked.

Gray360UK
04-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Gank, for sure

Because
a) time is points, and they are taking too long, which could cost you the win
b) he might lose, then you are a man down, even if only briefly
c) even worse, he could lose and the enemy turn on you, get Revenge and cut your head off
d) every second delayed increases the chance that one of the enemys team mates will show up, turning the tide
e) my definition of honour is not to stand by and idly watch as a comrade gets killed

Compared to reasons why not
a) Revenge

The whole thing about whether or not he will be upset that you helped in a 4 vs 4 team mode shouldn't even come into it imho. Not a consideration.

I hate people who stand and watch when I could obviously use a hand. Dominion is no place for courtesy and etiquette and bowing.

MrForz
04-13-2017, 11:45 PM
In Dominion you shouldn't hesitate. Time is of the essence,kill and finish as many opponents as you can and only fight on objectives, you need your opponents dead and your allies alive. Therefore, gank.

CandleInTheDark
04-13-2017, 11:56 PM
I can add to the gank vote, I main peacekeeper, if I am in that situation and it doesn't look like it is ending soon, especially if i have stealth active so there is less warning, I am forward dashing a knife into the opponent's back and not thinking twice about it, occasionally it goes wrong but in that situation, more often than not it gets the kill and the zone.

kweassa1917
04-14-2017, 01:55 AM
Is this supposed to be a trick question or something...?

Kill the guy ASAP, heal up on the node, and both of you move to another spot and provide +2 player assistance.

UbiNoty
04-14-2017, 02:02 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/zYtSa6fLd4DQY/giphy.gif
securing kills for the honor of your team (and KDA)

scrubbyjimbob
04-14-2017, 02:19 AM
The fact that your even confused about what you should do just shows how messed up parts of this community are with trying to impose their own ruleset over the preexisting game rules. Anyone whines at you about honor in a team match-you tell that weenie to go play duel mode. I notice a teammate just standing there watching while I'm fighting? I'll smack that teammate right in the face with a zone attack(while still fighting my opponent) and tell him if he wants to watch a show he's got to buy a ticket first. They're team modes and they're supposed to be played as a team, with your team. The only considerations I ever make is if the teammate in question is hunting kills/executions for orders, in which case I'll just GB the guy he's fighting. Does this mean I don't "measure up" in some people's definition of honor? I say piss on their honor. If they didn't want teammates to help eachother then they wouldn't have made 4v4 modes.(or give renown points for things like "Savior" etc)

matt89connor
04-14-2017, 07:37 AM
OK here's the situation.... I'm playing Dominion and our team immediately loses C as I take A with a team mate. I leave A heading for B and B is already in their control. They have 2 heroes there and a third coming from C. We have 2 heroes at B also and I'm coming from A leaving my team mate to cover A. The other teams heroes at B already taking control as my 2 team mates at B already dead or close to it. All of a sudden the A base we have goes white indicating their 4th team mate went straight for A. I decide to not even hassle with B (lost cause by now) and head back to A to make sure we hold it.

I arrive at A to see my team mate and one of the opposing team circling each other. Both have 1 bar of health left and no stamina. Here's my dilemma...I know it's been a good fight between the two and I really don't want to jump in...However, I'm looking at the score as they are in the 300's climbing to 400 while we are under 100. After what seemed like forever watching the two exchange blocks and parries I jump in and gank their team and take A. Was I wrong in doing this? We had to get the base but I know I stole the satisfaction from my team mate of winning or losing a close fight.

Let me know your opinions people. There is no right or wrong answer here. (I think) I did feel bad for doing it. We did win the match though.

DOMINION MODE= strategy+1v1 speed duel or handicap match+mind games+ team work= do everything in your power to win, and have fun...this mine answer.....BTW Ubis pls, put 2 capitains(for team) in dominion 1go to center and 1 to near zone as protector, it's a simulation of battle ;)

Supercool5150
04-14-2017, 06:03 PM
The fact that your even confused about what you should do just shows how messed up parts of this community are with trying to impose their own ruleset over the preexisting game rules. Anyone whines at you about honor in a team match-you tell that weenie to go play duel mode. I notice a teammate just standing there watching while I'm fighting? I'll smack that teammate right in the face with a zone attack(while still fighting my opponent) and tell him if he wants to watch a show he's got to buy a ticket first. They're team modes and they're supposed to be played as a team, with your team. The only considerations I ever make is if the teammate in question is hunting kills/executions for orders, in which case I'll just GB the guy he's fighting. Does this mean I don't "measure up" in some people's definition of honor? I say piss on their honor. If they didn't want teammates to help eachother then they wouldn't have made 4v4 modes.(or give renown points for things like "Savior" etc)

Not confused but conflicted. But no longer, since this paragraph describes how I played when I started playing and before I started reading the forums. I guess there is a right answer after all. TO GANK. And so I shall.