PDA

View Full Version : Duel Meta?

okayyyyayyyy
04-13-2017, 03:57 PM
The defensive meta is so prevalent here. I swear every duel match I go into is the same just a bunch of turtles that just parry constantly and never attack. It turns into a match of guardbreaking and feinting and it sucks so much. I'm curious if you all have run into this problem as much as I have.

Dude_of_Valor
04-13-2017, 04:16 PM
What do you play on? I am on xbox and rarely encounter it.

I tend to play aggressive but definitely go defence when needed to. Usually it pays off but sometimes it does not. I think the thing is not to get some pent up about people playing defence. Figure out what they do, and punish it. Got to use mind game, timing and distance to win.

okayyyyayyyy
04-13-2017, 07:00 PM
What do you play on? I am on xbox and rarely encounter it.

I tend to play aggressive but definitely go defence when needed to. Usually it pays off but sometimes it does not. I think the thing is not to get some pent up about people playing defence. Figure out what they do, and punish it. Got to use mind game, timing and distance to win.

I play on PS4 and yea I understand defense but turtling up the whole fight and parrying and then Gbing gets really boring

Weird_Eagle
04-13-2017, 08:23 PM
That's why I play only dominion atm.
In dominion mode the people want to kill you.
When they turtle they have a problem, because they don't know when a team mate from me arrives to help me.
So it's more hack slay.
Kill him fast and take the point.

okayyyyayyyy
04-13-2017, 09:08 PM
That's why I play only dominion atm.
In dominion mode the people want to kill you.
When they turtle they have a problem, because they don't know when a team mate from me arrives to help me.
So it's more hack slay.
Kill him fast and take the point.

Yeah I usually play brawl because most of the time people won't turtle because they know when there teammate loses someone else is coming for them

Helnekromancer
04-14-2017, 12:01 AM
The defensive meta is so prevalent here. I swear every duel match I go into is the same just a bunch of turtles that just parry constantly and never attack. It turns into a match of guardbreaking and feinting and it sucks so much. I'm curious if you all have run into this problem as much as I have.

Well I play on Xbox and most of my duels are against Warlord, LB, Conq, Shugoki pretty much the ninja turtles who sit there and wait for you to make the first move and the fights are so long and drawn out I tend to kill my self sometimes because I try to speed up the tempo of the fight and get punished. ( I main Nobushi btw) and then theirs the Shoulder bashing Warden and occasionally run into Orochi/Kensei rep 18+ mains who I fight 2-3 more times because both of us are trying to kill each other and neither is playing heavily passive-defensive.

I don't mind the turtle meta which only seems like a meta to the slower classes it's their own way of fighting a boring way but a way nonetheless. Had to complete a duel order the other day and had to fight 4 different conquerors it was quite boring.

matt89connor
04-14-2017, 08:01 AM
maybe if parry will cost stamina too, and the cost of stamina for attack will reduced a little, more players will stop of play defense