PDA

View Full Version : warlord guardbreak push needs fixing

the_bull300
04-13-2017, 02:46 AM
Either there are to many cliffs or a character should not be allowed to shove over 15 meters to a cliff, this makes the game PAINFUL with the cliffs edges and head butt nudges (if the shield train didn't get you there). game is un-fun playing against 2 or more warlords in any game mode because of the push distance, great defence and **** tactics than can be employed by this character, if it was like raider and ONLY a frontal carry would be fine but it is all directional and **** to play against especially at low levels like me where I'm bad and spend more time pushed into holes and re-spawning than I do running back to die.

kweassa1917
04-13-2017, 03:45 AM
Either there are to many cliffs or a character should not be allowed to shove over 15 meters to a cliff, this makes the game PAINFUL with the cliffs edges and head butt nudges (if the shield train didn't get you there). game is un-fun playing against 2 or more warlords in any game mode because of the push distance, great defence and **** tactics than can be employed by this character, if it was like raider and ONLY a frontal carry would be fine but it is all directional and **** to play against especially at low levels like me where I'm bad and spend more time pushed into holes and re-spawning than I do running back to die.

There's this something called "positioning" and "minding your surroundings".

I think you should give it a try sometime. Helps a lot.

Bob__Gnarly
04-13-2017, 03:57 AM
Countering guard breaks is also effective.

Moondyne_MC
04-13-2017, 07:17 AM

Exactly OP, it's your own fault for not minding the barely visible cliff that was 30 metres away from you. Clearly you deserved to die.

kweassa1917
04-13-2017, 07:44 AM
Exactly OP, it's your own fault for not minding the barely visible cliff that was 30 metres away from you. Clearly you deserved to die.

Yep, he does.

Most people usually need, what, maybe 5 bouts on a single map to at least loosely make out the terrain?

1. If he hasn't played long enough to recognize which dangers are where, then its lack of experience. Nothing to complain about.
2. If he has played long enough to recognize which dangers are where, and still falling for it, it's either stupidity or carelessness.

Besides, being near a hazard immediately brings up the probability of the opponent trying a GB up to like 99% in most cases.

1. If he realizes this imminent danger and still fails to CGB, then its his lack of reflexes. Nothing to complain about.
2. If he doesn't realize the imminent danager at all and doesn't prepare to CGB, then, again, lack of experience.

Suck up your ego, think things through with a cool brain, and sooner or later you realize like 90% of "balance" issues people complain about are simply L2P issues... and when you acually DO get better, then you look back at your old forum posts and usually feel really, really embarrassed.

That's what usually happens. I'm saving him a lot of embarrassment.

Butonfly
04-13-2017, 08:09 AM

Rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7J5BcNPYo

Warlord push/throw distance OP since 2017

Positioning and mind games? You're not wrong. The Warlord can use his mindgames to position you wherever he wants with his push XD

Or maybe just position yourself inside a building with walls

https://youtu.be/f7pNb-C2E6I?t=384

Nope! XD

If you're not aware of this as an issue, you're just a fool.

Alchemist..
04-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Especially on 1v1 maps that are small can not be avoided. Irritating when the opponent have last bar of health, He did not do any dmg, just gb you 1 time and win the fight

Moondyne_MC
04-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Yep, he does.

Most people usually need, what, maybe 5 bouts on a single map to at least loosely make out the terrain?

1. If he hasn't played long enough to recognize which dangers are where, then its lack of experience. Nothing to complain about.
2. If he has played long enough to recognize which dangers are where, and still falling for it, it's either stupidity or carelessness.

Besides, being near a hazard immediately brings up the probability of the opponent trying a GB up to like 99% in most cases.

1. If he realizes this imminent danger and still fails to CGB, then its his lack of reflexes. Nothing to complain about.
2. If he doesn't realize the imminent danager at all and doesn't prepare to CGB, then, again, lack of experience.

Suck up your ego, think things through with a cool brain, and sooner or later you realize like 90% of "balance" issues people complain about are simply L2P issues... and when you acually DO get better, then you look back at your old forum posts and usually feel really, really embarrassed.

That's what usually happens. I'm saving him a lot of embarrassment.

While I appreciate the well thought out response, I think you're missing the point. The thread is specifically talking about the Warlords insane push distance, not hazard kills in general.

You're absolutely correct when referring to general hazard kills, most shove moves are fairly easy to dodge/counter as far moves go, and as far as I'm concerned are pretty fair. The Warlord, however, is in a whole other category with his GB push. There's simply no need for him to be able to turn you around, push you ~15metres in to a hazard that was technically nowhere near your immediate vicinity. It's a straight up balance issue. You can't just say "adapt, either have a 100% CGB rate or don't fight Warlords anywhere even remotely near a hazard", as plenty of maps have hazards close enough to an objective that capturing them is impossible to do without placing yourself somewhere a Warlord can throw you to your death.

Pope138
04-13-2017, 03:06 PM

Well, judging from his post, he knows how far a warlord can push, so yeah.

Dude_of_Valor
04-13-2017, 04:23 PM
Especially on 1v1 maps that are small can not be avoided. Irritating when the opponent have last bar of health, He did not do any dmg, just gb you 1 time and win the fight

That is the game though and you must be focused at all times. Yes it sucks when it happens to oneself and great when you escape out of a match you were surely going to loose.

scrubbyjimbob
04-13-2017, 04:32 PM
As someone who plays WL a fair amount, I'm fine with you nerfing the throw. In return I'd like lightning fast attacks and the ability to literally dodge circles around my opponent....

In all seriousness though... classes have their pluses and minuses. Warlords dodge is crap and I feel it every time I try to avoid a valk leg sweep. Other classes get to use GB to set up combos (I'm lookin at you nobushi and lawbringers), WL can get a light in(sometimes a heavy if it's a slow/lagy opponent). Other classes can directional shove too, at roughly the same distance as their frontal(with maybe the exceptions of the raider or shoguki-depending on how high their throw is). I get that WLs can be challenging opponents because the are fairly versatile but they aren't unbeatable by any means. When I have trouble against a certain class I usually try playing it a bit to see how others successfully kick my a$$. I don't really push much with my WL because honestly most people are pretty good at the CGB, especially now on PC after the patch. It just turns into a GB/CGB contest that's rather dull. When I play against pushy WLs(or anyone else thats overly fond of the GB) I usually smack them repeatedly in the face with lights until they abandon the whole GB/throw approach.

I have the feeling all these nerfing debates will not stop until Ubi just breaks down and give everyone the same skillsets and class merely becomes cosmetic.

UrWaifuAintReal
04-13-2017, 07:32 PM
As someone who plays WL a fair amount, I'm fine with you nerfing the throw. In return I'd like lightning fast attacks and the ability to literally dodge circles around my opponent....

In all seriousness though... classes have their pluses and minuses. Warlords dodge is crap and I feel it every time I try to avoid a valk leg sweep. Other classes get to use GB to set up combos (I'm lookin at you nobushi and lawbringers), WL can get a light in(sometimes a heavy if it's a slow/lagy opponent).

WL get a guaranteed top heavy off a GB and his side attacks are the fastest in the game.

Even without the headbutt and the throw WL's already an extremely good character, superb defense and offense coupled with hyper armor on his heavies and a fast zone attack that can kill critical health opponent, he's literally perfect, you cannot complain anything about WL aside from how OP he is.

I don't really push much with my WL because honestly most people are pretty good at the CGB, especially now on PC after the patch. It just turns into a GB/CGB contest that's rather dull. When I play against pushy WLs(or anyone else thats overly fond of the GB) I usually smack them repeatedly in the face with lights until they abandon the whole GB/throw approach.

Have you ever heard of "parry into guardbreak"?

Alchemist..
04-13-2017, 08:20 PM
That is the game though and you must be focused at all times. Yes it sucks when it happens to oneself and great when you escape out of a match you were surely going to loose.

I do not know players who have 100% performance in cgb every round and warlords only use this to env kills not to push you into wall. Normally after gb they just use heavy attack like any character. And most op is that the warlord can control you and choose the direction in which push you

Btw. They really do not need it. They have such a rich and good kit that this move It does not matter to them in normal fight.

Moondyne_MC
04-14-2017, 03:10 AM

In all seriousness though... classes have their pluses and minuses. Warlords dodge is crap and I feel it every time I try to avoid a valk leg sweep. Other classes get to use GB to set up combos (I'm lookin at you nobushi and lawbringers), WL can get a light in(sometimes a heavy if it's a slow/lagy opponent). Other classes can directional shove too, at roughly the same distance as their frontal(with maybe the exceptions of the raider or shoguki-depending on how high their throw is). I get that WLs can be challenging opponents because the are fairly versatile but they aren't unbeatable by any means. When I have trouble against a certain class I usually try playing it a bit to see how others successfully kick my a$$. I don't really push much with my WL because honestly most people are pretty good at the CGB, especially now on PC after the patch. It just turns into a GB/CGB contest that's rather dull. When I play against pushy WLs(or anyone else thats overly fond of the GB) I usually smack them repeatedly in the face with lights until they abandon the whole GB/throw approach.

I have the feeling all these nerfing debates will not stop until Ubi just breaks down and give everyone the same skillsets and class merely becomes cosmetic.

Warlord already has the best defense in the game, he doesn't also need the best throw, at least not by such a wide margin. I'm a Nobu main, have lousy defense, average attack speed, no unblockables, no neutral shove moves and one of the smallest throw distances in the game. Nobu's fairly mid tier ATM, but Warlord is already a high tier character without the throw distance. It's just uneccessary.

pancakerz
04-14-2017, 04:02 AM
As someone who plays WL a fair amount, I'm fine with you nerfing the throw. In return I'd like lightning fast attacks and the ability to literally dodge circles around my opponent.....

he already has those things, plus hyper armor on his slow attacks.

Bjron_Ironside
04-14-2017, 04:41 AM
If you're complaining about being ledged, you need to question yourself and your skill.