PDA

View Full Version : The Jug

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:12 PM
OK everyone has heard of roll rate problem so lets not bring that up again. I want to fly this plane, can it be flown effectively, if so what are its advantages?

"We make war that we may live in peace."

Aristotle

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:12 PM
OK everyone has heard of roll rate problem so lets not bring that up again. I want to fly this plane, can it be flown effectively, if so what are its advantages?

Aristotle

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:20 PM
Spiral climb after take off to at least 2000m (3000m is better)

Take the extra ammo loadout option.

Roll and dive on a "suspect"

Keep your speed up and try not to go below 400kph or 400m alt.

climb back to altitude after a short stint down low

Fire only when you have a good solution, but don't worry too much about using short bursts. If you have a good solution, give a good 2-3 sec burst

You've heard it all before, but it applies even more now

read it, know it, live it

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the reply.

So what happens if you have a FW at co-alt? They can outclimb outroll outdive and outgun you .......

Aristotle

BM357_Raven
08-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Everything Thunderbolt56 said.

Also, you often will see an opportunity to get at an enemy that requires what seems to be a simple turn or two. This is often a mind game that you must be careful of.

Keep your speed and reposition by transferring your 'e' to potential. Once you bleed it all off while you are low, you are gonna be in sweet-style trouble for an *** kicking.

If there are a lot of nimble enemy planes in the sky (even if they are just out of range at the moment), I recommend to let that one go, and get back to your perch to start another attack.

Inertia is going to be something you are gonna have to get used to now. As the P-47 decends, it slips more than it used to even with substantial back-pressure--which is excellent, I think, but very dangerous. When the plane seems like it is not responding to your back pressure and the ground is coming up quickly--do the unthinkable, reduce your back pressure! I often will bounce the back pressure a little to help in those situations. I love the added gravity!

One nice thing, is that many of the planes have been 'dampened' a little which should give you a better playing field. The Yak-3 felt more like a Yak-9 cannon variant to me..