PDA

View Full Version : BnZ using bf109's against I-16's

pres_
06-20-2004, 09:18 AM
These little blighters are destroying my missions every time we meet. Please, any advice ?

pres_
06-20-2004, 09:18 AM
These little blighters are destroying my missions every time we meet. Please, any advice ?

bodaw
06-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Don't turn with them, use your superior speed and climb to extend and BnZ'em to death. Also, if it's against human flyers, their engines does not allow them to do any negative "g" maneuvers.

~S!~
bodaw

HilloMunx0r
06-20-2004, 12:10 PM
I-16 is my favorite plane so here are few another weaknesses I have found

- Bleeds speed very fast on turns
- Slow climber
- not best acceleration
- unstable gunning, nose dives when firing cannons due to recoil.

Athosd
06-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I-16 is tremendously handy - as you have certainly discovered. The AI always knows where you are and will jink to avoid BnZ attacks easily (even when you approach from a blind zone the AI will usually evade just as it comes into convergence range). That is, unless it's pre-occupied - once the little beast has latched onto another target you can zip in and finish him.
If its just you and the I-16, then you may be in for a fairly lengthy and frustrating engagement (vs AI that is).
Human pilots can be much more effective of course, however there will always be times when they lose sight of you (unlike the AI).

Athos

Over the Hills and O'er the Main,
To Flanders, Portugal and Spain,
The Queen commands and we'll obey
Over the Hills and far away.

WTE_Galway
06-20-2004, 06:06 PM
your AI will do better with an altitude advantage .. if you are to low a rank to command simply climb to a good altitude yourself and ask ground to send assist .. the AI planes will climb to "assist" you

if an I16 is on your six and you are in an emil just sit on 300kmh and spiral climb

the emil mg's are only really useful against an I16 at high deflection .. if you are on their six use the mg's and rudder to adjust the skid to get a straight shot then fire with the cannon usually at a wing root