PDA

View Full Version : Defensive meta is a boring playstyle

Shalasheezy
04-12-2017, 05:36 PM
The defensive meta is very powerful and it has caught on with the majority of players. Unfortunately it is also a very boring playstyle. I played 7 dominion matches yesterday and each opponent i faced did the same thing...nothing, just stood there and waited until i made a move. Sure i'd get a hit/guardbreak in every so often but holy cow the fights would last long and be extremely boring. I refused to fight a specific warlord because he literally just blocked and parried without ever trying to attack me. Either make the defensive meta less powerful or allow more ways to punish those that turtle all day long.

Cryokill2000
04-13-2017, 03:56 AM
So, what you're saying is that you are frustrated, based on how other players are adapting to play more cautiously? I mean, you do realize it's not like anything in the game has changed... same characters, items, abilities, maps, AI... the only thing that has changed is between the screen and the chair, why is everyone making a big deal out of this? It's not like defensive play isn't easy enough to counter, it's just a mind-game, if you can read your opponent and see what psyches them out and gauge their reaction time, you can make them mess up. So what if it takes longer? You would rather they would be swinging at you and slice you apart quickly, rather than just sitting there being a punching bag for a little longer?

Harry_S._Houle
04-13-2017, 04:13 AM
Mindgame yes, boring ? yes. If you look at other fighting games, mindgames are always present and very tricky without hardcore turtle mode only. The current defense meta is just boring af . Sometimes i leave when 2 warlords fight. And no i dont have a problem with turtling and i m sure shalasheezy fells the same. It is stupid to defend that meta and give advice. We cant change it at the moment but we can say how it is. Pretty boring. And if someone needs more crazy mindgame fighting games? There are tons out there with more depth ;)