PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer dodge of valk sweep inconsistent

Vrbas1
04-12-2017, 05:31 PM
I can get it to work maybe 10% of the time. Most of the time he either barely scoots left or right and fails to get out of range or doesn't even have a chance to move at all. Does anyone know a reliable method to avoiding the sweep.

... and don't say block the attacks leading up to that, I know that. I'm looking for productive suggestions in the instance I fail to do that and see the sweep coming.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Do you want a 2 meters full-of-metal-armor Tower-man to be able to run back from a viking angry woman cleaning the floor with a spear? xD

Jobsalot
04-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Do you want a 2 meters full-of-metal-armor Tower-man to be able to run back from a viking angry woman cleaning the floor with a spear? xD

Yes, yes I would want that

You have no idea how much it hurts to fall on your a s s in full plate that's an additional 30 kilos ;_;

SilentTakeo
04-12-2017, 05:39 PM
... and don't say block the attacks leading up to that, I know that. I'm looking for productive suggestions in the instance I fail to do that and see the sweep coming.

I've only been able to pull it off a couple times, but using the LB unblockable push does the trick. It's all about timing, and you have to be ABSOLUTELY precise.

Although, you might also try a disengaged roll.

After all, I could have gotten lucky with the valk's input speed, being that my push started before her sweep. Idk m8.

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 06:30 PM
I main valk, the sweep is not difficult to dodge, when you know it's coming. And when it comes to assassin's it's downright useless, there invincibility frames are so beyond game breaking it's stupid. It's to the point the only time it doesn't hit them is when they literally don't move at all, they can dodge early, late doesn't matter and it's highly punishable.

corazondedelfin
04-12-2017, 06:37 PM
I main valk, the sweep is not difficult to dodge, when you know it's coming. And when it comes to assassin's it's downright useless, there invincibility frames are so beyond game breaking it's stupid. It's to the point the only time it doesn't hit them is when they literally don't move at all, they can dodge early, late doesn't matter and it's highly punishable.

So you want to be able to throw everyone to the ground all over and over again, because that wouldnt be gamebreaking like it almost is already, for your valkyrie, right? xD

"**** assassins" is the only thing you are thinking lol haha

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Negative what I'm saying is you should ACTUALLY have to dodge the attack to not get hit. They do not, because of their invincibility frames its broken plain and simple.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:25 PM
I find it incredibly hard to fight valks with an LB, but I'm on console so I don't have the update yet. If its not a shield rush its a light then sweep. Hard to counter with such a slow character.

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 07:35 PM
I also have a R6 LB he was my first character and I agree he's slow and it's hard for him to bring the fight to others. I think the game is just poorly balanced that's the sad truth of it between that and the trash never ending connectivity issues I dunno.

The_B0G_
04-12-2017, 07:50 PM
You do learn to play with him though, I used to hate Orochi, now I don't worry when I see him, I used to hate PK, but now I'm about 50/50 with her winning. I'm sure I'll learn to fight the Valk too, two unblockable knock downs is hard to deal with when you have such a slow character though.

By the time I get up I'm already hit by one light and the second is coming, dodge too early and she shield bashes instead. Valks that don't use that combo over and over I beat, but the ones that do I sometimes don't even get a swing in.

RighteousHooo
04-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Yeah the problem is without that mix up the valk is useless, so younger forces to use it to be competitive.

Vrbas1
04-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Yeah the problem is without that mix up the valk is useless, so younger forces to use it to be competitive.

I disagree. Her attacks are not only quite fast, but they also have good range and can close distance rapidly. A valk can very much "light you" to death. Especially against LB because if I miss one side block then my guard can't switch in time to block the second.

kanuzira
04-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Do you want a hulking giant in full plate armor being stabbed by a spear that shouldnt even penetrate but only leave scratches to get damage from it. Or that that hulking giant falls because a spear hits his armored legs?
He shouldnt even have to jump but only side smack her *** into oblivion if you ask me for realism.